i wanna spec dps. not sure what to stack my gear with

in Guardian

Posted by: Ottomo.4169

Ottomo.4169

I just hit 80. I have support gear and enjoy the occastional healing but i wanna go dps. I know power to gear but i do know what else to stack? i like greatsword and sword and board/focus.

I guess i still do not understand that stats in this game?

Can someone help me out me out?

Thanks ahead of time

in Guardian

Posted by: Kevin.2176

Kevin.2176

Full Berserker’s set is the highest DPS gear you can obtain with any current DPS builds, this includes any wonky condition setup as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kiijj.3594

Kiijj.3594

Full Berserker’s set is the highest DPS gear you can obtain with any current DPS builds, this includes any wonky condition setup as well.

But it’s extremely glass cannon though, I wouldn’t recommend full Berserker’s gear.

Mix and match your gear to achieve a balance of dps and survivability.

Nirmu 80 Guardian [GC]
Nirmuu 80 Warrior [GC]

in Guardian

Kevin.2176

But it’s extremely glass cannon though, I wouldn’t recommend full Berserker’s gear.

Mix and match your gear to achieve a balance of dps and survivability.

It worked out fine for me, completed every exploration mode with it.

Mobs die faster, less damage taken time increases EHP indirectly. Bonus: way faster runs.

in Guardian

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

If you want to go for a balance; I would recommend getting berserker’s jewels with Power/Vitality/Toughness armour. You could also replicate this with Valkyrie jewels with Knights armor .
Valk = Power/Vitality/Crit damage
Knights = Power/Precision/Toughness.

I wouldn’t really recommend full Berserker’s, but you can do it if you wish. I built my guardian with the Beserker jewels+P/V/T armour so that with a second armour set I can switch to glass cannon if I wish.

If you do go full zerkers, I would recommend at least making use of the Valor and other defensive stat traits.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Guardian

Kevin.2176

A good way of finding out the best balance setup is using the following (credit goes to SAI_Peregrinus).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Auc_PUlJR9sQdGxoMmFKakdQNThTUGI2VUhsSV9kOEE&pli=1#gid=0

“It seems the optimum point between EHP and damage is all knight’s armor with Beryl accessories and 1 Emerald Earring with a Beryl Jewel. "

Of course you can mix and match depending how much EHP you want to sacrifice for damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

So, basically what I said above

Cool doc though, thanks for the share.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.