[just for fun] the missing trap

in Guardian

Posted by: tontonUB.4687

tontonUB.4687

Hello,

Just wondered why there is not even 1 trap skill setting target(s) in fire.
I’d like to be able to play my DH with traps, without having to take judge’s intervention or purging flames just to burn targets (direct application of burning stacks i.e.)
Because style, manner and RP-ness count too !

I dont ask for some new godlike trap skill, but one to apply divine fire to my enemies !
A talent may be modified to replace direct damage from one specific trap to apply burn stacks ?

Just for fun, immersion and ’cause God want it !

in Guardian

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I thought test iffaith would have been sweet with fire damage, the combination of punishing everything that stays inside or flees outside.
But that would probably OP

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Take Permeating Wrath in Virtues and don’t use your F1 and your traps will pretty much AOE burn people quite often. Especially procession of blades trap.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Take Permeating Wrath in Virtues and don’t use your F1 and your traps will pretty much AOE burn people quite often. Especially procession of blades trap.

Yep, I think this was their intention in terms of making DH condi friendly. It still would have been nice to have a trap that straight up applied burns. I was in favor of Dragon’s Maw being that trap since you know, dragons and fire-breathing and all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Yep, I think this was their intention in terms of making DH condi friendly. It still would have been nice to have a trap that straight up applied burns. I was in favor of Dragon’s Maw being that trap since you know, dragons and fire-breathing and all.

hah yeah flames shoot from the ground!

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

wait you wanted DH traps to be full power AND have damaging conditions? wow.

in Guardian

Posted by: tontonUB.4687

tontonUB.4687

wait you wanted DH traps to be full power AND have damaging conditions? wow.

Hello,

I don’t know if you talkin to me, but :
- I dont ask traps to be full power, nor full condi.
- I dont ask for a buff.
- I don’t even play full condi nor full power.

Personnally, i’d like to see test of faith or light’s judgement being changed in this way :
- no direct damage
- inflict 1 stack of burning to any target in the area of effect + 1 stack every 2 seconds inside trap (trap duration 10 sec) , or something like this.
+ Other effects dev will consider being balanced

About other replies, i already play with fire traits, but the lack of at least 1 trap inflicting burn stack is a huge disappointment in term of ‘RP-ness / divine fire theme’ imho.

And a gain, i don’t ask for any buff, but for a signature-divine-burn trap.
Cause it’s fun to consider, and could fit with non-classic-optimal-fotm builds or setup.

in Guardian

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You keep bringing up a “divine fire” theme, but Dragonhunter clearly isn’t based on that theme at all.

Its based on the Guardian gaining the ability to manifest physical objects out of magical energy. With perhaps a secondary focus on light.

Every aspect of DH is thematically built around that. The virtues become physical objects (spear, wings, shield). The bow fires physical arrows made from magic and conjures physical “fences” around enemies. Traps are magical seals which create physical blades and a dragon’s jaw.

Maybe there will be an Elite Spec added later which centers and expands more on the divine fire aspect of Guardian. Dragonhunter isn’t that E-spec, however.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Exactly this. You also get Defender’s Dogma in DH that allows you to trigger F1 after you block, which effectively makes F3 a dps cooldown as well. Combining this trait with Amplified Wrath and maybe Rune of Guardian could make an interesting setup.