lf build for PvE and WvW

lf build for PvE and WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Darter.7862

Darter.7862

Hi all;
I got 2 years of gw2 with my Guardian under DH elite class, and now I want to change my meditrapper full ascended zerk build, with something more “resilient” ( like more armor and vit ), without loose too much dps and usable in PvE and WvW contest…and not only DH based ( I mean, this build is so good, I got a great dps…but it work only with DH elite class and is really squishy after all, expecially in WvW contest; I got level 260 now, but is extremely difficult to survive a push situation or a retreat time…and now, with new elite specs incoming, I don’t want to have a build who works only with one elite class… ).

Now…someone may say “make another armor set and you’ve done it !!! or go for legendary !!!”

NO.

I’ve done this ascended equip in fractals last years and I’ve farmed really lot of materials to forge weapons and some parts of my armor.
Now I’m working, thanks God…and I don’t want to spend my time to buy two different armors/trinckets/weapons ( even if they’re exotic ) or lose my time to make a Legendary armor, because I haven’t that time; i’ve never done a Raid because of this!

When I play I want to “play”, it’s ok a little grinding for “restat” my character, it’s ok make materials for money, it’s ok WVW, everything…but I don’t want to grind/farm/make achivements/have to watch my clock at work, just to make that single event, that particular mission, to stay in that team at that exact moment of the day…for an armor piece and for a loth of weeks…that’s ridiculous in my situation! Because it become a second work XD .

So…have you got any suggestion for a good build, who someone can use in WvW and PvE, with a good compromise ?

thank you very much

lf build for PvE and WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Dianekas.4359

Dianekas.4359

Well you could get exotic gear with different stats pretty easely but that still wont ensure you’re set for the future exp. You vould now grab gear with more toughness or vit and end up having to change once more in the future because our new elite spec turns out to be condi based.

As for builds, try metabattle and see if u find any DH builds that suit what you are looking for.

lf build for PvE and WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

If you aren’t doing raids, I’d recommend just taking all your current Berserker ascended gear and converting it into Marauders. This will give you gear that still does more than enough damage for PvE and a nice set for WvW. This is the only way you are going to have a single set that will do good damage in PvE and be viable in WvW.

lf build for PvE and WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi all;
I got 2 years of gw2 with my Guardian under DH elite class, and now I want to change my meditrapper full ascended zerk build, with something more “resilient” ( like more armor and vit ), without loose too much dps and usable in PvE and WvW contest…and not only DH based ( I mean, this build is so good, I got a great dps…but it work only with DH elite class and is really squishy after all, expecially in WvW contest; I got level 260 now, but is extremely difficult to survive a push situation or a retreat time…and now, with new elite specs incoming, I don’t want to have a build who works only with one elite class… ).

Now…someone may say “make another armor set and you’ve done it !!! or go for legendary !!!”

NO.

I’ve done this ascended equip in fractals last years and I’ve farmed really lot of materials to forge weapons and some parts of my armor.
Now I’m working, thanks God…and I don’t want to spend my time to buy two different armors/trinckets/weapons ( even if they’re exotic ) or lose my time to make a Legendary armor, because I haven’t that time; i’ve never done a Raid because of this!

When I play I want to “play”, it’s ok a little grinding for “restat” my character, it’s ok make materials for money, it’s ok WVW, everything…but I don’t want to grind/farm/make achivements/have to watch my clock at work, just to make that single event, that particular mission, to stay in that team at that exact moment of the day…for an armor piece and for a loth of weeks…that’s ridiculous in my situation! Because it become a second work XD .

So…have you got any suggestion for a good build, who someone can use in WvW and PvE, with a good compromise ?

thank you very much

You have some options, actually quite a few. it would help if you post exactly and precisely what it is that you are running, including all gear, runes, sigils, infusions.

Keep in mind that no matter what you do, there are some combinations that are just plainly and simply horrible for WVW group play, for example zerker + scholar runes, and marauders is just a very slight step above zerker. IMHO switching to marauders is a waste of time and effort, if you do, you will still suck in WVW survivability wise and now you’ll suck in PVE and get kicked out of raids cause of it. So I wouldn’t do it.

Realistically gearwise your only option is to switch out some gear, especially weapons and armor, because of sigils and runes.

Your food + crystal or stone also makes a very big difference so run defensive food and utility consumables.

If you used to run fractals then you should have plenty spare ascended gear including at least a tabfull (or several) of rings with various stats on them. So lets start with that. if majority of your gear is DPS based then switch your rings to sentinel or dire (depending your flavor). Likewise you can change stats on some of the spare weapons and change the sigils to defensive ones (extra cleanse, extra dodge for starters). Get and switch out more pieces as you go along.

Traits is where it gets real easy. Just pick Smiter’s Boon, Altruistic Healing, Absolute Resolution, Indomitable Courage, Soaring Devestation, Hunter’s Determination, and Heavy Light if running DH. Substitute the last 3 for Honrable Staff and Pure of Voice if vanila Guard.

Utility wise, you can use Signet of Judgement + Stand your Ground + whatever the last slot (purge, WOR, save yourselves, stab trap, smite condition). Once you get enough HP + armor (should be around 22-24k hp and 3300 armor which is very easy to get on a heavy), then ditch the Signet of Judgement for something else.

Also, if you don’t run stab for people in your party you need to inform the commander you play with, otherwise you will wipe your party because they will be calling for stab from you and will be counting on it but it will never come. Please do keep that in mind.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

lf build for PvE and WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

keep all zerk gear and trinks and craft one more set marauders,armor only not weapons, and you ll have what you ask for
Additionally you can also put traveler runes for mobility.
My build. Working well so far..
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAR7fnsABdDhFCBedC8Dhl4BT+/NAXgVBgGQ9KbF9iiRA-TBCBQBKU9nUohRQ7PwIlgYR5XAuoC5R3AAeSBBAQAOP0YNGES88cdNuxNuxNWKgIGWB-e

Full mighty infusions on everything…

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?