lies directly from gw2 wiki

in Guardian

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

Virtues have been said to help balance the guardian; for example, they have a lower base health than the warrior profession but compensate for this with their higher health regeneration granted by Virtue of Resolve

lol thats a lie warrior has more health and more regeneration

action combat made mmos better lol

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

the wiki isn’t lying its relaying the info its been provided.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

The Warrior only has higher health regeneration when Healing signet is slotted. Granted, Healing signet is grossly strong, but Guardians have health regeneration from the start of the game, at all times, and can give it to others as well.

Warrior’s Adreanal Health trait… now that’s another story.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

in Guardian

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

the wiki isn’t lying its relaying the info its been provided.

isnt it the most misleading thing ever written ?

action combat made mmos better lol

in Guardian

Posted by: MercilessLemurs.7459

MercilessLemurs.7459

Isn’t the wiki community run anyway? Even if it was lying don’t complain to Anet.

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

Isn’t the wiki community run anyway? Even if it was lying don’t complain to Anet.

that quote is pulled from the guardian description on the guildwars 2 web site.

in Guardian

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well at the time it was written it was indeed true. If i remember correctly virtue of resolve used to heal around 250/s with the trait in virtues…

in Guardian

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Warriors have more regeneration?
Which planet are you from?
I’m not stinky healing 400 health per second, I’m sure it’s much more than that.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Some people just like to complain about classes they don’t know how to play and find the most irrelevant, ancient information to do it.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Depends on the build: even guardian dps can achieve higher regeneration, but has to invest more.

The problem was that when that was written, warrior was bottom of the barrel, conditions stopped him extremely easy, and had the worst healing skill choice in the game. It was an “all in” kind of class, which was too easily stopped. ANet decided to buff them by taking away the “all in” flavour, making them shallow and making some particular specs overpowered (IMHO if a warriors uses GS is not OP, because he needs many traits to actually make that damage work, and they are in strength/arms, WELL away from bonus toughness and cleansing ire).

They should have buffed the “all in” aspect instead, so that people couldn’t just outsustain warriors, or kite them to death (I used to facetank them with my non bunker engi back in the days…). I don’t know, maybe some evade/invuln bypass mechanic instead of just increasing defensive mechanics.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Warriors really don’t have that much regen. They have three main sources; Healing Signet, Dogged March, and Adrenal Health. Healing Signet requires them to give up any type of burst healing, unlike Guard that can have VoR and a healing skill. Also add in the fact that it’s being nerfed. They are also completely removing the regen from Dogged March in the feature patch, so that will be one less source they have. So two out of their three sources are taking serious nerfs next patch.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

redslion.9675

Warriors really don’t have that much regen. They have three main sources; Healing Signet, Dogged March, and Adrenal Health. Healing Signet requires them to give up any type of burst healing, unlike Guard that can have VoR and a healing skill. Also add in the fact that it’s being nerfed. They are also completely removing the regen from Dogged March in the feature patch, so that will be one less source they have. So two out of their three sources are taking serious nerfs next patch.

8% isn’t serious. And if they nerf more, they’ll just keep having a problem with the skill. It’s either an OP stupid skill or a weak stupid skill, without any particular feature. I feel it has to be redesigned.

in Guardian

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

I wish thats the only problem in Ranger, you’re arguing about health regen? LOL

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Guardian

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Dogged march is keeping the regen. That was from fake patch notes

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Also depending on spec, banner perma-regen.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yes, I was misinformed about Dogged March being changed. That is also true about warrior getting perm regen with the use of banners. However Guards can easily achieve perm regen too.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Virtues have been said to help balance the guardian; for example, they have a lower base health than the warrior profession but compensate for this with their higher health regeneration granted by Virtue of Resolve

lol thats a lie warrior has more health and more regeneration

Congratulations!

You found a good example for the bad and destroyed classbalance of this game. But this happen, if they try to balance 3 different gamemodes, every with his own rules and Dis/Advantages, at the same time.

The same happen in GW1 for a long time, before they accept, that they cant control it. And GW1 have much more skills than GW2.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I wish I got 400 health p/second…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Carpboy.7145

If you wanna sacrifice all your other healing, then sure

Lyss The Shadow

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

If you wanna sacrifice all your other healing, then sure

I don’t see warriors having to make that trade-off u_u

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

It’s difficult to grasp how much better Warrior passive healing is without actually playing a warrior. You don’t actually need a burst heal. For starters, your health pool is so much larger than a Guardian’s that you effectively start the fight with one free burst heal already built into your HP. Secondly, you have so many tools in PVP for either disengaging from the fight or preventing your enemy from hitting you, that any moment the enemy is not hitting you they are losing traction in the fight.

In other words, if you earn yourself two seconds of reprieve by leaping away with Sword 2, that’s 1000-1500 free HP. Every time you stun, that’s another however many seconds of free HP. Every time you snare them, that’s more free HP. And so on.

As a Guardian, you don’t have enough passive without Regeneration to really pull off that kind of gameplay. Healway comes close, but it’s still a sort of crippled version of what Warriors can do almost right out of the box. And without the DPS/utility hit.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Carpboy.7145

Ok guys, myth buster time!

1. Healing signet base heals 392 per sec. This is getting nerfed to near 350 a sec.

2. Adrenal health is only 120 HPS, AT FULL ADRENALINE! That means all those stuns and immobilizes actually cost them some of their healing. You never are just sitting waiting on full adrenaline. Its basically VoR, except you have to trait for it, and it heals for less.

3. Dogged march only gives 3 sec of regen. Thats hardly what I’d call OP regeneration

So what do we have? A worse VoR, 392hps (but no burst healing) and 3 sec of regen whenever we get soft CCed

Lyss The Shadow

in Guardian

redslion.9675

It’s difficult to grasp how much better Warrior passive healing is without actually playing a warrior. You don’t actually need a burst heal. For starters, your health pool is so much larger than a Guardian’s that you effectively start the fight with one free burst heal already built into your HP. Secondly, you have so many tools in PVP for either disengaging from the fight or preventing your enemy from hitting you, that any moment the enemy is not hitting you they are losing traction in the fight.

In other words, if you earn yourself two seconds of reprieve by leaping away with Sword 2, that’s 1000-1500 free HP. Every time you stun, that’s another however many seconds of free HP. Every time you snare them, that’s more free HP. And so on.

As a Guardian, you don’t have enough passive without Regeneration to really pull off that kind of gameplay. Healway comes close, but it’s still a sort of crippled version of what Warriors can do almost right out of the box. And without the DPS/utility hit.

Triple med build has dps and a bit more regen.

Is not as strong as hambow, but it’s MUCH more fun.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Triple med build has dps and a bit more regen.

Is not as strong as hambow, but it’s MUCH more fun.

Triple med is a specific build. It’s something you have to invest a minimum of 30 points into. Even without Adrenal Health and Regeneration, the passive healing Warriors get is quite good and requires no investment. There’s also a huge difference between an omnipresent, large passive heal and healing attached to utilities that (if you’re worth your salt) you aren’t spamming on cooldown, but rather using as appropriate to gain the tactical advantage that those utilities exist for. In other words, the theoretical hp/sec from Monk’s Focus and three meditations being used on cooldown is a very different number from the actual hp/sec from smart gameplay.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Pretty sure it’s talking about warriors and guardians without bringing utility skills and traits into it.

This topic title is more of a lie than the quoted section of the wiki.

Gate of Madness

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The Warrior only has higher health regeneration when Healing signet is slotted. Granted, Healing signet is grossly strong, but Guardians have health regeneration from the start of the game, at all times, and can give it to others as well.

Warrior’s Adreanal Health trait… now that’s another story.

Stop making excuses. The wiki has LIED and must be punished!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.