looking for new build for Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: pereira.6715

pereira.6715

hello guys

for the past few months i’ve been using an Full Cleric build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vUEQJARWl0ApfntCxWI8DNRYVQgYPwYG741jE6QGC-zgBBoNBiaIQZRFRjt6qIasqZER16kYBAQAYiTciTciTMA-e

and i love it. plenty of defense, lots of healing power (1.5k hp dodge heal; 10k hp heal on #6, 2k hp heal on VoR) some attack (power is a minor).
lacks a bit of hp (only have 13k ’ish) and a lot of critics.

the thing is, i noticed that a 0 healing power build doesnt lose thaaaat much healing power – healings are around 75-80% the efficient compared to my cleric build

so i’m trying to find a better build.

first i tried a full zerker
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vUEQNAR7fl0ApfnVCxQI8DNhY9QgMoCq6R8cPe4VBKC-zQyAYLBZCSkpCAJvioxWIRLpERjqFMVJRUt3oIa1kCIilRA-e

yes, the damage and precision are ridiculously high, but it lacks a lot of toughness and/or vitality. i’m not the best of players, so a need some survivability.

next i found this build online
http://intothemists.com/guides/121-ahem_anchor_guard_strifes_build

which i adapted into this

gw2skills.net/editor/?vUEQNAR7fl0ApfntCxUI8DRRkLw+AAxUgR4f9whUkhA-zwxAYMAiAQCsIasV2ioxqWwUlER1ejioVDA-e

a little less toughness then the cleric, but a little more hp.
less healing power, but a lot more damage.

as for gear goes, it is knight based with soldier runes plus zerker accessories.

i love greatsword (farming for a sunrise) + shouts.

keeping that in mind, would you make any change or any other sugestion ?

second question – would you make another guardian (dps) keeping both the new (dps) and the cleric (support) or, since the new update we’re gonna be able to change traits, put the new build on the existing one? (i ask this because i have commander and full ascended accessories on this :/ )

tnx for the answers

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Why create a new char and start fresh if you like the one you have? I mean I guess I could see if you wanted another race, or something like that, but with the new trait changes on the fly it seems like even less of a reason to start over.

Personally I have a knights set(soldier runes) (hardly use honestly), A zerker set w/ trinkets, and a soldier(boon duration runes) set w/trinkets. Very easy to pop over to rata sum and swap traits currently, the change will only make it nicer.

And just a fyi, with 1 cleric ring and cleric weapons I have a healing power of 651 and my dodge heals are at 780 listed on the trait. So half that of what you’re reporting, but it gets the job done. I can take a hit, toss some healing, and do some pretty mediocre damage. The big downfall for me is that I have low crits but /shrug ohh well, not really been an issue. Also, VoR is a 2113 listed heal. 5k Shelter, 9k Signet heal.

Would I recommend you change, /shrug, but figured I’d let ya know what I do and give you some numbers for comparison.

3076attack (1910 power), 4% crit chance (told you it was low!), 19255 health (1758 vit), 2971 defense (1760 toughness), and 75% boon duration! Running the 0/0/10/30/30 build.

I’m still messing around with things, but as I said give you some numbers to compare. I like it, so far every change I’ve made except one has been something I’ve abandoned and gone back. The one change was going from the valor build to the virtue build on traits, virtue just seems more support where valor is self survival. And having that indomitable courage for an extra stability sure is nice in a lot of situations.

I go support because it makes my group’s runs smooth, when I pug I go DPS. If you want to go the DPS route I’d honestly say just stick at it and learn, it’s gonna take practice. The more I’ve looked the more I think mix/match is just more frustrating than worthwhile.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Lets start off here by saying clerics gear in dungeons/fractals is awful and anyone using it is playing wrong.

Now, my honest recommendation here is to just throw yourself in by using full zerker and improve over time, but if you are reluctant to do that then a soldier/zerker mix would be good for some sustain. The valor trait is weak and there is no reason to use it, AH is a terrible trait as it is selfish and requires 30 pts in valor.

Healing power is currently weak and you can’t tank very many things in the game so full zerker is the optimal way forward https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/page/4#post3699718

in Guardian

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

I run a medi zerker in both PvP and WvW. The traits are:
0/0/30(I,X,XII)/20(VI,IV)/20(I or II, IV)

It’s a build that delivers a ton of damage, especially with Two Handed Mastery in Honor. If you couple that with what I run (GS/Hammer), you’ll be able to lock-down on enemies and sustain high amounts of DPS. Couple that with Traveler runes in WvW (and soon PvP) to make up for the lack of mobility and you’ll have a grand time!

Edit: As you can see I dedicated the 40pts outside of Valor mainly for defensive purposes. It allows for near perma-retaliation as well as condi cleansers and protection.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

A better build could simply be to move from clerics to soldiers.

1. Power is major
2. Drop healing power (dependent on traiting, questionable effectiveness) for vitality (always ‘on’ regardless of build)

Yes, this advice is vague but finessing stats for a overall balance is more personal preference over a long time. Most suggestions can get you 80% in 20% of the time but to get that last 20% optimization will be 80% more time. Pareto principle and all that. No one can suggest the exact gear load to get your exactly where you want to be.

(edited by Obtena.7952)