looking for non-zerker guardian dungeon build

in Guardian

Posted by: MrFisticuffs.7306

MrFisticuffs.7306

i don’t even care what weapons yawl suggest i would just like to have a toon that’s not full zerk

ty

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Just take any build and use something not zerker.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

There really isn’t much more to it. The builds don’t really change, unless you want to be more specific about what you actually want to do. If you can survive and use zerker, why wouldn’t you? If you just want to be different, at least tell us what kind of different you want to be.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Why are you specifically looking for a dungeon build where the only requirement is that it’s non-zerker, when it’s been proven that zerker is far and away the most efficient setup for dungeons?

Almost seems like you’re plotting to troll pug groups with such a request.

in Guardian

MrFisticuffs.7306

jeez people all my toons are zerker, i’m just saying i would like some diversity thats all

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

The suggestions you got give you diversity. Just use some other armor if you don’t want to use zerker. If you can’t suggest whatever diversity you are looking for, then the suggestions are just as vague as the request.

I think it’s actually pretty obvious. If you want a healing build, you use armor iwith heal stat. If you want burning, something with condition damage. Game isn’t that complex. Figure out what you want to do, the armor to do it probably exists. GW2 Wiki gives a great rundown of what all the armors are and the stats they give.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Problem with alternatives is primarily light fields, You jumping in there and using any of the better support options for guard = screw over anyone else utilizing fields. That’s the biggest frustration.

There are some decent options out there, far from optimal but they can make things go very smoothly. I mean hammer alone makes runs go so smooth but it does slow things down when you lose that might stacking power from an Ele, but it can be subbed in with a Phalanx warrior.

Lots of people will QQ about optimal but fact is there are options. My original dungeon group runs what we like to term Braindead Meta, it’s built upon hammer guard playing a bit more supportive, with that though comes light fields. That means no Ele might in fights, So we run Phalanx warrior for that relying on eles (if we have them) for prefight fury stacking easily giving us pretty much perma fury. That deals with the field issues. As far as offhand well that’s your choice, GS is great for opening, and it gives the Ele time to run a bit of might stacking rotation for fury then lay the hammer down for that perma protection. Mace is good for a bit of healing though then you’re off the hammer which that protection is just amazing. Staff is also nice for tagging things to pull and LOS, or stacking a bit of prefight might for the phalanx, and line of warding can be pretty useful, but in general staff is a no no in combat if it can be helped.

The problem again though is that your whole group needs to be on board, being an Ele and expecting to be able to might stack and getitng retaliation is extremely frustrating, heck even as the gard in that situation I get a bit frustrated with the system. But, it’s an option if your team is down.

Now, in this setup personally I still wear zerker armor, though my buddies wear soldier or knights depending allowing them to pull agro in some situations where its’ toughness based, or in general do some things a bit easier, like running to the end on CoFp2 at the Oracyte part. Nothing you can’t do in zerk but it’s surely easier while you’re beefier. I’d imagine you could potentially run Zealot or some kind of healing focused one and get a bit more power out of the healing abilities for your group

Would I recommend this build… no for the reasons I mentioned, would I recommend the entire group setup, sure if you want nice and easy runs even if they’re a little slower than optimal. I just think playing that way will in general garner a lot of animosity in the PUG environment due to peoples expectations.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

This is what I do.

1. Find an armor stat I haven’t used yet
  2. Make a WvW build around it, or whatever combination I need to get the numbers I want
  3. Take that same build into dungeons whenever I feel like running dungeons.

You can do dungeons in pretty much anything and finish it. You can do it in almost anything and finish it quickly. Will you be speedrun blazing fast? probably not. Do you want to be? If yes, run zerker and optimal traits. If no, then it doesn’t actually matter. If you know your build and know the dungeon, you can run anything and you’ll get your boxes and tokens at the end.

I build for diversity in concept, which is what is fun for me. If I build comfortably for WvW, I know I can take it anywhere in PvE and do fine. However, I can’t always bring PvE builds into WvW and have a good time. I have one ele that is build specifically for full zerker/full damage. If I want to WvW on an ele I’ll bring my other one. Otherwise, I can bring my entire account (minus that ele) wherever my guild wants me. I can play any class, and a large variety of build types to change things up.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Retal burn tank

in Guardian

MrFisticuffs.7306

tyawl for the advice on Dungeon Guardian Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

4/5/0/0/5
assassin armor
yay, you’re not zerker
!

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Before I took a break I enjoyed running hammer with a symbol build and Knights/Valks and boon duration runes. Also ran a Mace/Focus//Scepter/Torch Meditation zerky build that pushed good damage but felt more like what i though a guardian should feel like.

Hammer presents a field problem but I’d welcome a good hammer guard in some PUGs.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Guardian

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

It would be great if burning was more viable in groups, that way guards could actually build around their superior burn damage and possibly go for a power, vitality, condition damage build, while still dishing out relatively good damage, or even a toughness, vitality condition damage retaliation/burn/tank build (though retaliation is less useful in PvE thanks to slow enemy attack patterns).

Aside from that, there’s unfortunately no real benefit to going anything other than pure zerker for MOST builds. At least, not until Anet does some significant changes to how conditions work, or do a 180 on the zerker meta they’ve created.

However, if you want something a bit different, I play a medi guard (though I often change skills during dungeons/fractals as the situation demands) and I use a 2/6/6/0/0 build (you could go 0/6/6/0/2 if you want inspired virtues instead of fiery wrath) with right handed strength and monk’s focus, using one handed weapons like a sword and scepter, with offhand torch/focus. Because of the 15% crit chance bonus from right handed strength and the bonus to crit damage and precision from the valor and radiance lines, it gives you more leeway to remove some of your zerker gear and replace it with valkyrie gear, soldier’s gear or even some celestial gear if you want.

I personally use a mix of valkyrie and zerker gear, with some celestial armor for added tankiness, and I still have around a 60% crit chance and around 220% crit damage. The crit chance can be boosted to 80% with fury from using meditations. I also have about 15000 life and 2600 toughness, so it’s a decent all round build that’s a bit less squishy than a pure zerker, while still retaining good damage output for a guard. It’s also versatile and can be used in a variety of situations, even wvw, without really needing to change gear.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

It would be great if there was any optimal gear variety at all for PVE. I could care less what it is at this point. Unfortunately, as this game continues to dumb itself down for new players, I can only think that the single optimal gearset will be further reinforced so new players aren’t ‘confused’ over all the choices they have for stats.

in Guardian

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

full valor, full honor rest at zeal for damage against burning foes or virtues if u want to use some consecration aim for 3k armor with GS and Staff with shouts very easy build to play with and good too
i use rune of the fighter personally to get some might when using a heal skill

action combat made mmos better lol

(edited by jihm.2315)

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

guardians has one of the top dps under staff eles

the logic in not wanting to be zerker.

in Guardian

Posted by: Corvette.5687

Corvette.5687

I have run cleric guard and knight warrior without being blamed in COF and HOW. I am starting to believe that u can run whatever stat and gear u like if u can play it and bring the party to the end to the dungeon/FOTM with ease.

Just ignore zerker gear if u don’t want to run it.

Schizophrenic player

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

You could run Celestial with Empowering Might and some Might Stacking. Maybe a few pieces of Beserker.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQFARl0ApQoNDxXI8DRR8Al1Ys9DnoqAgbS+PA-TxBBABA8AAwZ/BzU+lnOAGuAAOqEkU1fIFgeKjA-e

Did this quick. Not the highest dps but overall pretty darn good.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You can really use whatever you want. We can’t really answer that because the right answer would be zerker. If you want to experience some type of diversity in term of gear you need to go outside of typical dungeon.

You have some condition build around sinister stats for soloing content like dungeon. It would work for duo, maybe even trio a dungeon, but then it start to lose efficiency. But that kind of build don’t work at all on a guardian. You will need to take stuff like a Warrior, Engineer. I’m sure that other profession will work, but that’s the three that I know for sure.

In you want to stay Guardian then you will need to go in sPvP where bunker in Clerics (or soldier) is good. Or in WvW where soldier with a mix of cavalier/soldier/zerker trinket is pretty solid.

There is diversity in the game, but if you specify group dungeon, then the diversity is in the trait, not the gear.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

1. I’d suggest all knights with trooper runes. Greatsword/Sword+Focus.
2. Please don’t try to join a Zerker only group and then come QQ on the forums when you get kicked from it.
Good luck finding a good build!