medi guards 2 little effort 2 much dmg

in Guardian

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Meditation guardian gameplay: spam all you got off cooldown and watch as everything in your immediate vicinity istantly melts.

Low on hp ? use shelter.
Still low on hp ? spam your virtues.
Still low on hp #2 ? use renewed focus.
Still low on hp #3 ? spam your virtues ep. 2: the spam strikes back.

And it’s not even over yet, you also get access to protection and retailation which are the two strongest boons in the game.

I don’t always call for a nerfhammer, but when i do, i call it on meditation guardians.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Assuming you spam all your meditations and shelter on cooldown for healing (which is obviously far from optimal usage of your skills) you would end up with 500-550 healing per second depending on your traits which is about as much as a standard warrior with Healing Signet, Adrenal Health and Dogged March.

I don’t really think that this is too much “sustain” seing how even thieves have decent healing with Withdraw, Mug on 21s cooldown and Pain Response.

I still kinda agree on that “little effort” thingy. Air/Fire sigils and strong autoattacks make it really easy to do somewhat ok on med guard even if you don’t hit anything else and the ammount of healing you can get at once make it really forgiving in some 1v1 matchups.

I would like to see Air/Fire getting nerfed in some way, the best thing would just be to revert the sigil changes so Air and Fire share cooldowns again and put Air sigil on 5s cooldown again. Also I would like to see JI and Smite Condi not heal if you don’t hit anything with it. Also I think that Renewed Focus being a meditation was a really unnneccesary change and I wouldn’t mind if that would get reverted as well.

They really kinda buffed and overbuffed med guard in the wrong direction making it really forgiving in many duels but didn’t really give it something to make it more viable in actual games. So yeah as a med guard main I agree that some nerfs would be justified but I also think it still needs buffs in other aspects.

EDIT: Standard offensive guardians have a total of 6s protection on 75s cooldown, retaliation is very situational and usually not all that gamechanging and the “strongest boon” is still stability. So uhh.. yeah… you don’t really have a point in that regard.

Attachments:

Bullet Punch

(edited by Keksmuffin.1450)

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I agree warriors get approx 400hp per sec from healing signet alone without any effort or traiting. Add traits and they heal about the same as a medi guard but can do more damage. When you finish with the nerf hammer let me borrow it.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

This is why the pvp balance thread is gone.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Medi Guardians are not that OP and you really shouldn’t struggle against one. Especially if you play one.

I’ve just started playing the PvP meta and I giggle every time I see one spooling up with focus 5 on my ranger. And I’m using a short bow…

Media Guardians are a all or nothing sort of play but once you start engaging in 1 v 2 combat, unless you are skilled, you will be eating dirt 9 out of 10 times. There are a few on these boards who I would place in that ‘skilled’ category (I’m not) that can play most trait combos and do well and look OP while doing it. But they play smart and shouldn’t be nerfed because they do.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Medi Guardians are not that OP and you really shouldn’t struggle against one. Especially if you play one.

I’ve just started playing the PvP meta and I giggle every time I see one spooling up with focus 5 on my ranger. And I’m using a short bow…

Media Guardians are a all or nothing sort of play but once you start engaging in 1 v 2 combat, unless you are skilled, you will be eating dirt 9 out of 10 times. There are a few on these boards who I would place in that ‘skilled’ category (I’m not) that can play most trait combos and do well and look OP while doing it. But they play smart and shouldn’t be nerfed because they do.

I think you just won all the “X build/profession is OP plz nerf kthnxbye!” threads….

I have just stated getting into playing a guard, and hav yet to take him into PvP, but I’ve played against many. I haven’t had too much difficulties with the spamalots, but against a decent player, yeah they can be problematic. It’s not the profession, its largely the player.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

The skills you’re talking about (Shelter, Virtues, Renewed Focus) are used in every guardian build, including tank. I’ll just asume you’re a mesmer with sore buttcheeks from meditation guardians. Hope to find you in tpvp soon.
Quote: “Come 1v1 at me n00b” pops 3 illusions -Almost every mesmer that gets killed in pvp-

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Meditation guardians are good at duels, and bad at everything else. Bunker guards are no longer needed in PvP teamplay, as the lastest tournament showed.

My main was a guardian, but I don’t play Him since May and I wouln’t touch Him for PvP even with a ten feet pole. You seriously think that the guards need a nerf? Meh, whatever, I’m okay with that.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Meditation guardian gameplay: spam all you got off cooldown and watch as everything in your immediate vicinity istantly melts.

Low on hp ? use shelter.
Still low on hp ? spam your virtues.
Still low on hp #2 ? use renewed focus.
Still low on hp #3 ? spam your virtues ep. 2: the spam strikes back.

And it’s not even over yet, you also get access to protection and retailation which are the two strongest boons in the game.

I don’t always call for a nerfhammer, but when i do, i call it on meditation guardians.

Nerf Warriors they are too OP. They standing with 5% hp when I burst them down in 10 sec so I need to use 1 autoattack to kill them ;(. 10 sec, thats too much time ;(. Nerf warriors, pls Arenanet !

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Killed one of those skillspammers the other day with my staffguardian running the zerg-meta, or well, he pretty much killed himself on retaliation and then having nothing to recover with. Medguards who don’t spam skills however are another story – but far from OP.
The basic tactic of a skillspammer is keeping up so much pressure on you that you are too frightened to do damage back, but the moment the Medguard loses the pressure on you his cooldowns will get him killed.
Also of this magical renewed focus recovery, all it does in 99% cases is buy a few seconds more time before going down unless he is able to flee completely with the help of it

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Meditation guardians are good at duels, and bad at everything else. Bunker guards are no longer needed in PvP teamplay, as the lastest tournament showed.

My main was a guardian, but I don’t play Him since May and I wouln’t touch Him for PvP even with a ten feet pole. You seriously think that the guards need a nerf? Meh, whatever, I’m okay with that.

The latest tournament showed that bunk guardians could still hold a place in top tier teams. The map they lost to proved that (inspite that 3 node pull!!) Abjured’s team composition had incredible rotations. They needed to have good rotations against a team with bunk classes. Everyone struggles with rotations, it’s why bunk classes are easier to play, less rotation involved.

Everyone in that tournament played with classes they liked best, not because their build were the most OP in game. Guardian’s are still very much solid bunk classes and useful in any top tier tournaments.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Hence exist a condition named Poison.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Wow, I didn’t know Guardian was so faceroll … maybe I can just macro that Shiz 4TW.

in Guardian

Posted by: Happyangrycatfish.1725

Happyangrycatfish.1725

If they would ever nerf medi guardian than they would need to give us another viable DPS alternative. I play medi guard and medi guard is like the only build that gives us condition cleanse with DPS. With our pathetic health pool it’s a must have. You seem to only be pointing out the good spots in our class. If it’s so ‘op’ you play it. Because I can still get smashed by a good PvPer of another class.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Oh boy, another person who cries nerf when they clearly don’t know the build they are complaining about.

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Everyone in that tournament played with classes they liked best, not because their build were the most OP in game. Guardian’s are still very much solid bunk classes and useful in any top tier tournaments.

Fair point, but the tournament also showed that guardian is no longer a “must” in a team composition in order to be competitive. So, taking in consideration that dps guards lacks sustain for n vs n in PvP matches, and bunker guardian is one of the most boring builds in the game, what is left?

Weapon skills in guardians lack variety in terms of condition damage or soft control, which explains the overwhelming scarcity of builds for guardians (which are played in PvP almost as in the day of release).

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Anybody that has a problem with meditation guardians likely has a problem playing chess with anyone smarter then a first grader.

The spec is very simple to understand & its weaknesses leave it very limited if you understand it.

1: It’s gap closing abilities are limited (As well as tied to its stun break & self sustain). So learn to kite.

2: Its ability to counter conditions is very limited, its ability to counter conditions is also again tied to its self sustain. So while your kiting grab a condition or two (Poison especially works wonders here)

3: It has no CC other then the one on a 30 second CD for the greatsword (which is also very telegraphed). So again learn to kite.

4: It usually has no stability. If it does it then is lacking either even more condition removal or even more gap closing. So bring some CC.

Really once you understand these things its quite easy to counter a meditation guard unless you spec all out beserker DPS in which case your likely not smart enough to learn to win anyway.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Just won every pvp ever by assigning medi Guardian build to Macro #1 on keyboard. #PRO

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

OP I fell bad that u got facerolled by guards. I don’t want to say it’s l2p issue but I got a story for you.
I lost an unranked match one time, (was playing hybrid medi burn faceroll mesmers) and this Mesmer (legendary champion etc) started throwing v bad words on PM to myself, and he/she even asked me for 1v1 bro! So, I took the challenge, on his private server, won first match (still condi hybrid faceroll Mesmer build), more curse words against me, I changed to zerker amu standard DPS guard build, facerolled him 3,5 times out of 6. So I really don’t feel bad. I actually feel good only rank 40, kitten mesmers…

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Oh btw, we get steam rolled by every almost all tanky/condi self sustain builds. Ohh pardon me we do counter some builds as natural. L2P Ty.

You don’t see me on the forums QQ’ing about cele, engie/ele’s.
Ty.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

There’s been a lot of threads like these and the shortcomings/counters of the meditation guardian have been discussed at length. Complaining about a mechanic and asking for nerfs won’t help OP learn how to play against a meditation guardian. Considering he’s complaining about how a meditation guardian shouldn’t play his time would of been better spent playing one himself.