my build

my build

in Guardian

Posted by: metham.2958

metham.2958

k so i have been playing this game for 3 weeks and made lv 80 and now i wanna see if this build its ok or and i put exotic gear not ascended
here is the link:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAseRl0Apfn1CxXI8DNRARZVAg9NED151VwLeCA-TRSAABF4dPSS5HuKBlT9CAMBtjKKHt/AL6bIw8DpAuYlF-e

so any advice ?

my build

in Guardian

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Without knowing what the goal of your build is it’ll be hard to offer advice so at best I can only advise on on your selections on an individual basis.

Weapons and utilities

• Greatsword is a solid choice
  • Main hand sword is great, but shield is difficult and lacks a “good place to use”
  • Good choices on utilities and heal though do consider learning all the skills so you know what best to slot in for “x” situation.

Traits
Radiance:

• Inner Fire: Unless you’re going up against a particular creature there’s not a reliable way to receive the benefit as it only triggers upon being inflicted with the burning condition.

Valor:

• Strength of the Fallen: Situtational to use and generally it’s best practice to prevent going into down state to begin with.
  • Glacial Heart: Great trait, but you don’t have a hammer slotted
  • Retributive Armor: Solid choice

Honor:

• Resolute Healer: Not very used in PvE due to the knockback issue.
  • Two-Handed Mastery: Good choice though benefits even more when both your weapons are two-handed
  • Force of Will: Extra health is never a bad thing, but in PvE you’ll want to focus damage mitigation over damage soaking. In PvP/WvW that changes a little.

Gear

• Weapons: Sigils are a much better option over gems in weapons.
  • Armor: The Ogre rune is a little tricky as the summoned dog is AI and is prone to going off on its own
  • Trinkets: Exotic grade trinkets can take exotic gems rather than the crests you have (exception being the backpiece).

my build

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Overall? That’s a bad build. It do the job in Open World since everything work there. It will be terrible in Dungeon, Fractals, etc. Don’t get me wrong, you will be able to complete any content with it, the game is designed like that. But you have abyssal dps and use almost none of the advantage of the guardian in PvE. In a game where DPS and Support are the most important things you sacrificed both for more personal survivability.

Weapons : GS + Sw/x is a good choice. Shield isn’t a good weapons, with focus or torch being better, but it won’t hurt you too much and you can keep shield if you really want it.

Healing Skill : It’s a good choice. Most ppl prefer shelter for the block, but the signet is a solid choice.

Utilities : Save Yourselves is a good solo skill, but not that good in dungeons, while hold the line should never be on your bar in PvE. Retreat on the other end is the only skill that should almost never quit your PvE skill bar. Wall of Reflection is a good choice.

Gear : If you really need sentinel keep it, but that’s really bad. See those piece as training wheels and your goal should be to replace them with as much zerker pieces as you can. But still stay comfortable, if you can’t play full zerker then keep the amount of defensive gear you need. But in that situation, Soldier or Knight gear would be better choice than sentinel.

Runes : Rune of the Ogre isn’t a bad choice, but the Pet will be annoying as hell in dungeons. A pet that you can’t control will do stuff that can ruin strategy. Scholar is the best choice, but Flame Legion is a solid cheaper choice.

Sigil : Ruby Orb are cheap, but are not worth much either. Sigil of Force + Accuracy will do a far better job and will work everywhere. There is also some more powerful combination, but they don’t work everywhere (Force + Night for example).

Trait : You get a big portion of your dps from damage multiplier from your traits, but you got none there. Fiery Wrath, Zealous Blades, Right-Hand Strength and Powerful Blades are very important offensive trait for a GS + Sw/x build. On the defensive side almost all good guardian build in PvE bring Blind Exposure + Renewed Justice to spam F1 and blind. It’s one of the best defense you can have against group of enemies. Optionally, the Virtues trait line can give you powerful defensive abilities like Master of Consecration or Absolute Resolution.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

my build

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Hi Metham!

This game unlike some others is full of trait-gear synergy. Check this oit please and you will see:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fVQQJARSlsApaotCxcI8DNRDBlZ8vPmXIDXfgEEAA-TVCIwAAeCAdU/JoSjlKB5pMTwFAIiugCHCAW7PQKAmUGB-w

you can use this builder for trying out new things without actually investing any time or money. Play with the options, sigils, runes, traits, etc…

After you are familiar with your ideas you can check them on the mettabattle.com. Is your idea a “meta” build? Is it a great build? Is it a bad one? This does not mean that a build you want to play is unusable. But maybe the build can be tweaked or is unusable in certain situations. Like for example the build I linked is not unusable in dungeons but it is very-very-very weak. In wvw or in Silverwastes (or even in some Fractals) this build is good. In wvw however it is a solid build.

Another advice: get some friends in game or get into a guild. They can be a vast database of knowledge.

#I no words have"

my build

in Guardian

Posted by: kagak.4230

kagak.4230

if you’re willing to save up some gold what I would do.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAsdRlsApVo1CxZI8DNRCRk1M2fhpXfFcA-TxjBABA4AOISZiOqScjaIPv/QsKBRSplDnAgEMFAxDAwGVGORfjCHJgDM7lxhAgUAMJ0C-e

your build slightly modified not as good return but cheaper to do.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAsdRlsApVo1CxZI8DNRCRk1M2fhpXHcdA-TRzDAB7o8LGVLQVJYBnwAAMBdwDQoF1U+QLgH6aUa/BCM/EwRCAiDBApAMToF-e

I’m not saying these are the best builds ever but they will function in WvW and Pve play and are good starting point for a new player.

my build

in Guardian

Thaddeus.4891

I’m not saying these are the best builds ever

Good because they seem ok for WvW, they are terrible for PvE.

my build

in Guardian

Posted by: kagak.4230

kagak.4230

@ Thaddeus.4891

no kidding in a game that requires no defensive stat to do PVE all you need is raw DPS that percentage modifiers to do big damage all I gave were some relatively easy builds to obtain that would work, well he figures out the game. Seeing as how the primary endgame is PVP or WvW the build may as well move towards that end. OP never specified what type of play he/she is going to use the build for.

my build

in Guardian

Thaddeus.4891

True, but the initial build he provided was PVE.

my build

in Guardian

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

k so i have been playing this game for 3 weeks and made lv 80 and now i wanna see if this build its ok or and i put exotic gear not ascended
here is the link:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAseRl0Apfn1CxXI8DNRARZVAg9NED151VwLeCA-TRSAABF4dPSS5HuKBlT9CAMBtjKKHt/AL6bIw8DpAuYlF-e

so any advice ?

Aye, here’s meta builds for guardian that explains much how the build and char works, very handy when ur new to the game http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

“Death is just another path”