not a chance against a good mesmer?

in Guardian

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

hello i try various builds in spvp and the class im having major issues with are mesmers they are extremely frustrating to me.
every time to capture point he will end up having his own way, do you have any advice or recomended build how to beat them?

action combat made mmos better lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Same. The best I’ve been able to do is cast Sanctuary and Hallowed Ground on myself before I get bursted, and then staff #1 away the Mesmer’s illusions. Doesn’t exactly beat the mesmer but it let’s me bunker a little more. Of course, Sanctuary isn’t really an on-demand thing.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Sadly as a mesmer i agree with this post.

Ida

in Guardian

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

There are more replies in complaining/whining posts than this kind of post that can actually help Guardians. This is so classic of why Guardians are having a hard time enjoying the game.

Tip: Tell your fellow Guardians to stop whining and start thinking on how to play better.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

In WvWvW (I don’t pvp so milage may vary) I generally avoid mesmers. They seem to be the hardest counter to at least my build. After that is the condi necros and engineers.

Pretty much everything else is fair game. Especially delicious delicious Rangers. Poor things.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Guardian

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

NO you don’t

Cheers

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

in Guardian

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Are you a Bunker Guardian trying to cap a point with an off-point Zerker Mesmer beaming you with the GS? Don’t try unless you have incoming help. Just decap and leave. Come back with help or assist another point.

Their multi-hit nature means that it’s very difficult to blind or aegis any major attacks, and you’ll be forced to eat Mind Wrack, sooner or later.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Mesmers are the best 1v1 class. You can’t really expect to beat them as a guardian unless you are quite a bit more skilled than the mesmer player.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jake.5017

Jake.5017

Dont know if this was a bad guardian but i never lost more then 3k hp

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Dodge the phants and shatters .. if you’re bunker you will probably lose eventually. DPS medis you should win unless they run a heavy stealth build (not necessarily PU)

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Just look at your footage, it’s hilarious how easy and effective the condition Mesmer build is.

All you do is spam weapon skills and all your utilities as soon as they are available, dodge roll whenever, sometimes to avoid damage but it doesn’t matter as dodging summons a clone which applies condi’s on death.

You just spam skills and dodges while backpeddling and it works!
Passive condi application from clones and passive healing from the signet.

After just 8 seconds into the fight most of your weapon skill and utilities are on cooldown…

So easy, the state of this game. No risk vs reward for some professions and their builds.

You’re the kind of boring Mesmer that’s a joke to 1v1 in WvW, as soon as you get threatened you just stealth and run away to reset, again no risk vs reward.
+Stun breaking teleport on a weapon skill >.<

in Guardian

Jake.5017

Just look at your footage, it’s hilarious how easy and effective the condition Mesmer build is.

All you do is spam weapon skills and all your utilities as soon as they are available, dodge roll whenever, sometimes to avoid damage but it doesn’t matter as dodging summons a clone which applies condi’s on death.

After just 8 seconds into the fight most of your weapon skill and utilities are on cooldown…

So easy, the state of this game. No risk vs reward for some professions and their builds.

You’re the kind of boring Mesmer that’s a joke to 1v1 in WvW, as soon as you get threatened you just stealth and run away to reset, again no risk vs reward.

Don’t forget charging at them with the block that’s an old favourite <3

in Guardian

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

a lot mesmers will say that its l2p issue for the guardian

action combat made mmos better lol

in Guardian

Jake.5017

In all seriousness. It may appear spammed but in that particular build the damage is heavily relied on pumping out as many clones as possible. The faster you fool your opponent into hitting them the quicker they die. If you wish to survive a condition mesmer either run past them or gain a better eye and think twice before just carelessly attacking what you think is the real one. It’s not too hard to notice to behaviour difference

in Guardian

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

As main Mesmer and a secondary Guardian, I must agree.

However we have to remember that ArenaNet does not balance in accordance to 1v1, thus Mesmers ( a class literally meant for 1v1) have an advantage.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

a lot mesmers will say that its l2p issue for the guardian

Not that I don’t hate mesmers with a passion or think 1v1 is stupid joke full of hard counters atm, but that guardian has 2 signets and a staff— not a build suited for 1v1. That’s hardly indicative of anything and certainly not worthy of rant material. This is just a video of ganking a random zerger.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

A DPS Guard shouldn’t have a problem 1v1ing any class. If you’re better than your opponent you will win, regardless of their build.

If you’re a support/bunker Guard that’s a different story. You’ll need some assistance to fight off a build meant for 1v1.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

A DPS Guard shouldn’t have a problem 1v1ing any class. If you’re better than your opponent you will win, regardless of their build.

If you’re a support/bunker Guard that’s a different story. You’ll need some assistance to fight off a build meant for 1v1.

well PU mesmer and engis

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]