please help me with my WvW build!

in Guardian

Posted by: Rhaegar.5120

Rhaegar.5120

I’ve been playing a warrior and a guardian for a bit and finally decided to stick with the latter; I’ve looked into the typical meta build and tried to pinch ideas from other players but I need to adapt all the good stuff to my own play style.

WvW is cool but I still need to practice a lot and I’m realizing that with zerker gear I’ll spend most of my time lying flat on the floor. The other thing is that I need a build/gear that would allow me to survive roaming but also when more players are involved.

Number wise I think I’d feel safe with 3k armor and about 20/21k HP. Power would be around 1.8k with Crit rate around 45-55%; skills and traits are Medi ones but I know they would have to be changed the moment I join a siege

could anyone take a look at my build and offer some tweaks /suggestions?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQJARSl0ApbolDxZI8DRRDRljNYvBZQXe9BkABAA-TlCBwAGVKwT9njK56qMAwRAIlugEm+moEE5+DBOEABAQA4mBSBwkwI-w

I was also thinking about runes of exuberance but they cost a fortune!!!!

(edited by Rhaegar.5120)

in Guardian

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

Hey there ! o/

I have absolutely no idea what you tried to get with the build (traits seem OK-ish but the rest is a bit silly – and dual hammer is a big NOOOO)

What I suggest is checking out some more “orthodox” builds

Such as:

For roaming: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Meditation_Roamer

For zerging: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_AH_Frontliner

Gl ^^

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

in Guardian

Rhaegar.5120

well spotted: it was supposed to be GS and Hammer!!

As mentioned in the OP I’ve already tried the meta builds but I’m struggling to make them fit my style.

(edited by Rhaegar.5120)

in Guardian

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

Zerg vise you really can’t move much from the meta … it is simply, impossible. I mean, of course you can. But you won’t be of any real to your zerg then.

Roaming wise … Hammer/GS could work, and your traits seem OK. But you really need more damage from simply… stats. You need to be able to kill your target in 1 or 2 weapon rotations because guardian is generally very slow and you can easily get kited to death when your blinks are on cooldown (that is why most guardians use sword besides the Judges Intervention … for a lot more blinks)

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

in Guardian

Rhaegar.5120

prob with the typical medi build…I feel way too squishy

in Guardian

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

that’s my problem with it, it gave me less power, a little more crit chance, more skills that I have to use active instead of passive. im sure I just have not yet had enough practice with the build, but for the time being I seem to do less damage and die faster

in Guardian

Rhaegar.5120

that’s my problem with it, it gave me less power, a little more crit chance, more skills that I have to use active instead of passive. im sure I just have not yet had enough practice with the build, but for the time being I seem to do less damage and die faster

same here. that’s why I thought adding more toughness and HP could help me. But before I actually spend gold I’d like to hear from some veterans

in Guardian

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

all I done was change my traits to 4,2,2,4,2 OR 4,0,2,4,4
sometimes play with them adding one here, removing one there…depends on the kind of zerg im up against. but I haven’t had any problems running it that way

I will tell you though, I somehow manage to kill other guardians, but an archer can beat the breaks off of me 9 times out of 10. warriors it seems to be down to who gets the first shot, all the rest im about 50/50 win/lose

(edited by poisonality.8972)

in Guardian

Rhaegar.5120

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That’s not a bad idea for small groups. I would trade force of will for Altruistic Healing though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Rhaegar.5120

Medibuild…I know I know: it’s far from a metabuild but when I go zerker I feel realltoo squishy.
Stat wise I feel comfortable having 20k HP, about 2.7K armour leaving the offensive stats, IMO, not too low. I also like the idea, a little plus, to have 35% boon increase.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQJARSlsApbolDxaI8DNRDRlVPgdEkBd51HQCEAA-TlCBwAGV6h5CAIc/hcq/gVZgElgAeCAp0Fkw0XmDBQAgDAWPQKAmkaB-w

The other variable I need to consider is the fact that I’m still rather poor and cannot afford different gear sets. Hence the need to keep the same gear and quickly change the traits (see below) when I join a group.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQJAWSlsApVo1CxZI8DNBDRl1Pg9EsBf51RQBEAA-TlCBABGp0Tw9HyR9HsUGIhSQAeCApoLIBTfZcIA24CAEA4Ag1DkCgJpWA-w