so excited for dragonhunter!

in Guardian

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I can’t be alone here on this am i? I am mostly just seeing complaints on the class. We might not look as cool as reaper but who cares. What are the most excited about?

I’m going to love world bosses and events finally with my longbow with some pretty nice damage. Think I’ll keep one trap with me if I like it, going to love that small knock back for sure even on auto attack. Just wish it was a 5 second cooldown though. I want to see some support for toys class we got the weapon we really needed!

in Guardian

Posted by: Caerbanog.3410

Caerbanog.3410

Many peoples like the bow (less the traps) and there is a very little part of the players that seem to really dislike the profession entirely.

But everyone hate the Dragon Thing.

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

Am more exited that they will field test PVP the DH vs the other professions.
Happy that they will show vs a pro profession pvp player (i hope) the chances of the DH with the new traps and LB, many concerns of the DH i hope will be buried at peace,reconsider or redesign

in Guardian

Sylent.3165

Many peoples like the bow (less the traps) and there is a very little part of the players that seem to really dislike the profession entirely.

But everyone hate the Dragon Thing.

Truthfully I kinda like the name itself, but when I think dragonhunter I just don’t think of holy or light or wings of resolve

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Longbow looks fun, traps will be interesting to try out.

The name is horrible and unfitting.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ucasami.1365

Ucasami.1365

I feel like there are a lot of guards looking forward to playing as a DH. The guard players who dislike the DH are a lot more vocal on the forums but honestly, I much prefer that not everyone wants to be a DH or use longbow. Means we’ll have a variety of builds with some people sticking to guard using all the new revamped traits, and others playing different varieties of DH.

Many people have legitimate arguments for disliking the DH which is totally fair as not everyone is going to like it. Then there are the myriad of players who just wanted the paragon class or a name that was just another word for ‘paladin/holy warrior’.

That said, I am totally there with you OP as I am incredibly excited to play as a DH. The fact that we can play guard with less ‘all up in your face’ tactics/physical damage and more skirmisher style play is awesome. I will be playing with longbow and using at least two traps along with Dragons Maw

The DH traits alone are one of the main reasons I’ll be playing the specialization. While effective (while traited), the guardians virtues are very stale and fairly boring, with VoC being the only one that can really be useful without any traits. The new virtues are really exciting and will cull all the guards who just spam their virtues at the same time and then use focus elite to renew them for another mass spamming in order to survive. These DH ones require a lot more tact and positioning then the normal ones and will also play a role in how you use your weapon and utility skills as opposed to just being insta blind, insta condi removal and block for yourself.

I don’t have any issue with the name, especially considering the designers philosophy. I understand why a lot of people might not like it though.

Also, no hate whatsoever to those who dislike the specialization. Understandably, while you don’t have to play it and it isn’t compulsory, many people were going to get the expansion for the specialization (and the new class) so I can understand why they may be upset. I’d say find another class to play alongside guard that you will enjoy. Hopefully if you get some time with the DH or the new revamped traits you may find something you enjoy on top of having another class to tide you over if you aren’t enjoying guard. I love playin ranger and will definitely be tryin’ out the druid spec as I don’t play any caster type classes and I’m pretty excited bout playin’ them. Even if it’s not for me, the new revamped traits will definitely provide me with some new ways to play ranger.

Happy Hunting in the future fellow Dragon Hunters!

in Guardian

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Hunter Hype!

I am excited to see this spec come into play, and the new traits/virtues are the real selling point for me. Though, I’m glad to see that the Hunter will play radically different than the typical Guard making it a true spec rather than just an enhancement.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

The bow is cool. The virtues are cool, but much less supportive.

The traps, traits, and the name are all garbage, which makes me unsure if I really care to try the spec.

in Guardian

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

Its always good to remember that MMO forums don’t actually represent the average player. Most people post to an MMO forum when they are unhappy. That’s why every MMO forum is filled with so much negative stuff. Happy and content players don’t generally post.

I’m sure plenty of players are looking forward to DH. Its just the negative crowd that’s going to post about it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I can’t be alone here on this am i? I am mostly just seeing complaints on the class. We might not look as cool as reaper but who cares. What are the most excited about?

I’m going to love world bosses and events finally with my longbow with some pretty nice damage. Think I’ll keep one trap with me if I like it, going to love that small knock back for sure even on auto attack. Just wish it was a 5 second cooldown though. I want to see some support for toys class we got the weapon we really needed!

I love everything about the specialization!
Except glacial heart change. Lost burst and slow

Hunter Hype!!!

Attachments:

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Sylent.3165

I love everything about the specialization!
Except glacial heart change. Lost burst and slow

Hunter Hype!!!

Woohoo share the excitement. The ONLY thing I truly don’t like anymore is the 3rd virtue change. I used to always use mine during champions for certain groups to avoid damage. Just a little bummed about that change.

in Guardian

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

With the new 3rd virtue it depends how it works, really. If it’s more of less like a group version of Shelter I can see that being a very strong skill. Though, the awkward cone range could prove problematic at first.

More Hype!

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I’m more excited for the trait to specialization revamp. But bow will be nice in wvw/pvp.

in Guardian

Sylent.3165

I’m more excited for the trait to specialization revamp. But bow will be nice in wvw/pvp.

Lol bow will tear people apart in wvw. Not super sure in pvp yet

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Lol bow will tear people apart in wvw. Not super sure in pvp yet

“What tha.. why am I constantly walking like a pimp!?”

sees a little asura gardians pew pewing from behind

My goodness that cripple is going to be so annoying awesome! :P

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Sylent.3165

Live stream of the gameplay got me even more excited!

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

New new options for CC and group support are nice, as is the bow. But like plenty of other people, I hate the name and the idea of traps.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

I am excited for it!

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

For the longest time every game has a dragoon/dragon slayer heavy armor class, so I’m just fine with the name….

…more important is the “I win button” a.k.a. traps that you can use on thieves.

FINALLY there is a thief counter-class!

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

For the longest time every game has a dragoon/dragon slayer heavy armor class, so I’m just fine with the name….

I like it too but the problem is getting them to stay in it. with an immobilize or ward we can keep the bad thieves in, but we can already counter most bad thieves with the standard meditation build. Good thieves on the otherhand can easily teleport out of the trap with shadowstep, shortbow 5, shadow return and maybe even steal.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Traps are not going to make guardian any more of a counter to thief than it already is.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcadeis.7492

Arcadeis.7492

I am excited for all of it. Bow, traps, animations, name, everything. And there are plenty of people who like the name too. :P

I can’t wait to play Dragonhunter.

Yaks Bend – New Tyria Federation [NTF] &
Superior Spirit of RAM [ROPE] – Guardian primary.
Legendaries made: Sunrise, The Bifrost, Juggernaut, Bolt

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

The ONLY thing I truly don’t like anymore is the 3rd virtue change. I used to always use mine during champions for certain groups to avoid damage. Just a little bummed about that change.

erm… it does everything it did before. you hit it = you get aegis. in additon you block everything for 3-5 secs infront of you. its probably one of the strongest assets of the DH line.

I do not think you need to be bummed out.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

The ONLY thing I truly don’t like anymore is the 3rd virtue change. I used to always use mine during champions for certain groups to avoid damage. Just a little bummed about that change.

erm… it does everything it did before. you hit it = you get aegis. in additon you block everything for 3-5 secs infront of you. its probably one of the strongest assets of the DH line.

I’m almost certain that it will not provide party aegis anymore. Spear of Justice is not going to be given to allies, and Wings of Resolve is going to have 1/5 the heal radius. It’s a pretty safe assumption that the new virtues will not be viable for party support.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I’m almost certain that it will not provide party aegis anymore. Spear of Justice is not going to be given to allies, and Wings of Resolve is going to have 1/5 the heal radius. It’s a pretty safe assumption that the new virtues will not be viable for party support.

Hi Black box,

It is in dulfys notes. And it was specifically said in the presentation. I dont want to nag you but you seem to have strong opinions and draw up “safe assumption” without having all the facts straight. Might wanna read through all of it again.

I agree with you on the Wings of resolve part.

(edited by Asmodal.6489)

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Hi Black box,

It is in dulfys notes. And it was specifically said in the presentation. I dont want to nag you but you seem to have strong opinions and draw up “safe assumption” without having all the facts straight. Might wanna read through all of it again.

I agree with you on the Wings of resolve part.

Just checked it, it says that YOU still get aegis, but it says nothing in the tooltip about any sort of radius for allied aegis. With the radius nerf of WoR, it’s really difficult to say how this will end up working out.