solo build

solo build

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Hi pals.
Im struggling to choose a main. Guardian is one of the.candidates but Im not satisfoed with his dps when soloing.
So I was wondering which builds and gear are you using when soloing (either fungeons or open world stuff).

Sry. My cells phone beats me. I cant fix typos.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

solo build

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeronas.3715

Aeronas.3715

to OP,

Solo guardian, as opposed to its supportive side, must try harder to stay alive than some other classes, as long as you know there are lots of things in this game you cant get away from. and that imo its better to face a challenge down trying, than to run anyway.

I have two variants depending upon, whether I go true solo, or running alone with the chance of running into allies (namely wvw). I use a mix of knights, pvt and cavaliers, with celestial trinkets.

This will not work well in s/tpvp, where certain roles need to be maximised, but then you would also have a (hopefully decent) team with you that offsets some of the things you would otherwise lack :D

Runes: 4x Monk, 2x hoelbrak, (if the loss of virtues boon duration hits home too hard)
otherwise 6x melandru/troopers to deal with the weakness to condi inherent in soloing.
Food: Dodge food, Orrian truffle and meat stew, I believe, I run it almost always when solo, avoiding damage is better than taking it, end of discussion.

The utilities this build favours are:
Sig of resolve/shelter (second variant), Save yourselves/smite condition(facing extra condi), Stand your ground, Judges intervention and renewed focus.

4/3/2/4/1 for absolute solo, in areas with little chance of encountering friendlies.

traits for 1st variant:
Zeal: II + VII
Radiance: VI
Valour: I
Honour: II or III + IX
Virtues: n/a

GS/sw+Focus, stack blinds and burns to get around 15 vulnerability, pop Jintervention as initial gap closer, then burst target, quite often I will take larger symbols and get extra vulnerability from the harder to avoid ticks. once a bit of vulnerability has got through to your target, hit hard with GS. Additional creatures are now your friend, renewed justice (the 3 in radiance) will help you deal with groups of little critters and even noob zerglings if you are on point with your spamming. :D

2nd variant: when I am not in a party, but there are allies around, the more the better ofc.

0/3/6/4/1

Zeal: n/a
Radiance: same as above
Valour: I + X + XI
Honour: II + IX
Virtue: n/a

GS/Staff, for the benefit of empower and AH, keep in mind your f1 might/blind/vuln spam will also give you minor sustain if it procs fast enough, you will have to get really deep into enemy groups, and tag like a boss, for it to actually sustain, but every little helps when solo/not in a party.

Good luck, hope something in this jumbled mess of a post helps you figure stuff out :P

solo build

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

4/6/2/0/2 for maximum scepter dps with UC. 4/6/2/0/2 is usable with a gs s/f spec as well. My average ww in solo are 12-16k on abom and 20k on light armor, I’m ascended berserker everywhere . However, guardians are not so good at might stacking and fury stacking. IF you can’t reliably maintain your aegis and you don’t need MoC, move the 2 virtues points in either zeal or valor. If your plan is to really focus on solo, get a bunch of assassin gear.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.