suggstion spirt wepon replace!

in Guardian

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

i thoguh about change spirt wepons to spirt force.
spirt force skills will be an area base skills.
i have 3 ideas for now
1. Gensis- this skils drop swords from the sky on an area, dmg and burrning.
2. Juggment – this skill drop ahugh hammer from the sky witch inturept and immoblize the are (they area will be smalelr)
3. Pure shower – this skill drop amassive arrows from the sky on the area and clean condi up to 5 player inside it.
what do you guys think and how can this be balance ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Szeraf.5781

Szeraf.5781

English grammer used Lecturing!
It’s not very effective….

in Guardian

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

I would like spirit weapons like they were in guild wars 1. Unique boons that cant be remove. Or make spirit weapons stay near the guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I thnk yu are rigt bout spirt weapons and thy need to be chnged, overal gurdian need serios revamp. cheers.

in Guardian

Posted by: MrRomanticGuildGuy.7568

MrRomanticGuildGuy.7568

Spirit Weapons could work like Kits from Engineer but with Short Duration and long Cooldown but giving you insane benefits for the time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Really just make them like weapon enchantments were on the Dervish in GW1.

For those that don’t know they acted like thief Venom’s except instead of just conditions they could have a wide array of effects after being activated for your next X attacks.

For instance

Hammer – Your next attack is a knock down

Sword – Your next X attacks inflict bleeding & cripple

Shield – Create a bubble around you (moves as you do) that blocks ranged attacks (actually blocks them not absorbs)

Bow – Your next X attacks heal in area around you in addition to their normal effects.

After that adjust (Lower in most cases) the cool downs of the “spirits” and change their GM trait so that it heals (smaller amount then monk’s focus) and grants you protection when using a “Spirit Enchantment”

in Guardian

Posted by: Yashizuko.9165

Yashizuko.9165

I think the only thing spirit weapons need is to be untargettable/unkillable, and we are good,

they have always been bad because u were too punished for using them,

“Command skills would destroy their spirit weapons prior to the September 9, 2014 update.”

^ this was a really good change, i think SW, were always treated like engi turrets, but they are different, SW are moving "minions"with active abilities not static.

imagine the shield in a wvw zerg fight how many blocks is going to give to you?
or the hammer, stunning/knockback someone inside the zerg to burst them down,

in pve if i remember correctly npc’s do not target them, or they take way less damage.

spirit weapons deal a lot of damage too! CONDI and POWER! u can use your boons to boost their damage (staff 4 or fury from meditations)

The bow with 1200 healing power heals for 5040 ( or 2640 with bers. gear) group healing, removes a condi for 30 seconds every 5 sec. (and this is the weakes of the s. weapons)

in fact i used it in pve raid Spirit Vale clearing it, because they take less damage, and are viableo options for damage/support.

but what about pvp, well we have the answer:

“Spirit weapons couldn’t be directly attacked prior to the January 28, 2013 update.”

I don’t know if is still Karl that is working on guardian, but please just revert this ^

make them that they can’t be attacked and i think we can be happy!

(edited by Yashizuko.9165)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I think the only thing spirit weapons need is to be untargettable/unkillable, and we are good,

they have always been bad because u were too punished for using them,

“Command skills would destroy their spirit weapons prior to the September 9, 2014 update.”

^ this was a really good change, i think SW, were always treated like engi turrets, but they are different, SW are moving "minions"with active abilities not static.

imagine the shield in a wvw zerg fight how many blocks is going to give to you?
or the hammer, stunning/knockback someone inside the zerg to burst them down,

in pve if i remember correctly npc’s do not target them, or they take way less damage.

spirit weapons deal a lot of damage too! CONDI and POWER! u can use your boons to boost their damage (staff 4 or fury from meditations)

The bow with 1200 healing power heals for 5040 ( or 2640 with bers. gear) group healing, removes a condi for 30 seconds every 5 sec. (and this is the weakes of the s. weapons)

in fact i used it in pve raid Spirit Vale clearing it, because they take less damage, and are viableo options for damage/support.

but what about pvp, well we have the answer:

“Spirit weapons couldn’t be directly attacked prior to the January 28, 2013 update.”

I don’t know if is still Karl that is working on guardian, but please just revert this ^

make them that they can’t be attacked and i think we can be happy!

Even with that change nobody in their right mind would use them for anything challenging outside of PvE because their would be no sustain benefit to using them.
(Not to mention the lack of stability/protection/stun breaks ext while using them)

As it stands the guardian needs the trait monks focus & at least 1 meditation if they have any hope of surviving a decent fight in PvP or WvW due to the low amount of passive sustain & low base health the guardian has.

And even with meditations and their traits guardian sustain isn’t all that great anymore given how much other classes have & or how easy it is for them to just disengage if the fight goes badly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

SoA is really nice in some situations, if we ignore that only lasts 2 or 3 seconds after cast due easy aoe, it needs to be tweaked for both gameplay, i dont think i would want to use it other.

-Players needs to have more control over spirit weapons.
-Spirit weapons need some better A.I, sicne shield runs after enemies and ignores the caster, it still happens.
-Sword and hammer are slow moving, due easy access to speed boost form other classes SW look like a enemy pet more than anything.

Still we have to wait while Anet dont realise guardian is in awfull shape…

Remove SW trait, add trait zeal stuff to core of SW, then add better sw traits on future new traits.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Yashizuko.9165

Yashizuko.9165

Even with that change nobody in their right mind would use them for anything challenging outside of PvE because their would be no sustain benefit to using them.
(Not to mention the lack of stability/protection/stun breaks ext while using them)

As it stands the guardian needs the trait monks focus & at least 1 meditation if they have any hope of surviving a decent fight in PvP or WvW due to the low amount of passive sustain & low base health the guardian has.

And even with meditations and their traits guardian sustain isn’t all that great anymore given how much other classes have & or how easy it is for them to just disengage if the fight goes badly.

Yeah but being realistic, what i mentioned in the post before could be done pretty easily, without much change (i think) so i just think that’s the more “realistic” way SW can be improved atleast for now.

/offtopic

I agree on guardian surviv. u have to trade too much damage for surviving more, but i’ts a different problem of the profession, that said, i also think the guardian has a big problem, healing skills, look at engi turret, almost all sustain comes from the heal(correct me if im wrong).

Shelter has long cd for example, good blocks ofc! but does not heal a lot, only trap/signet and medi(traited) heal a lot maybe signet of courage should take the “passive sustain” (warrior style) spot it’s an awsome skill! but a heal every 10 seconds is too random and let’s not talk about the active cast time :S

if our strenght are blocks, then i think we should have more frequent blocks that i can strategically use when i need , shield of courage for example is awsome, but such a long cd, even with renewed focus, once u are out of defensive CD we are pretty much defensless, we don’t have stealth, we don’t have much mobility, and not enough passive sustain.

We got amazing condi clear from last patch with the medi buffs, and we have now multiple way to remove condis, this should be the same on how we can survive/heal/sustain,

/end offtopic

I hope the “guardian dev” is reading this thread.

(edited by Yashizuko.9165)

in Guardian

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

i thoguh about change spirt wepons to spirt force.
spirt force skills will be an area base skills.
i have 3 ideas for now
1. Gensis- this skils drop swords from the sky on an area, dmg and burrning.
2. Juggment – this skill drop ahugh hammer from the sky witch inturept and immoblize the are (they area will be smalelr)
3. Pure shower – this skill drop amassive arrows from the sky on the area and clean condi up to 5 player inside it.
what do you guys think and how can this be balance ?

So basically you just want the active effects of the weapons without summoning or passive attacking?
This could actually work, short cd instant cast leads to animation(no channeling).
Sword does burn and vuln, hammer knockdown, bow does burn and cleanse and shield gives bubble attacheted to the guardian and pulses aegis and protection to allies.
This way all spirit weapons would have a useful effect. For the master i would say the spirit weapons give you a buff(no boon) with a matching effect that has a duration for about 5-10s.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Elbritil.3817

Elbritil.3817

After reading sommuch sugession in this theme, i would favor the enchantment style mechanism, with some improvement.
The rev facet system is a good base for it. First activation gives a contignus effect restricted for weqpons, the secound actigation negate the “passive” and trigger a massive one. The animation could be like susanoo in narzto universe (yep, a bit lame to write such).
For example: 1 skill
1st: Echo of Kings: Imbue ur weapon with ghotsly essence, every 5th attack deals 30% more dmg and apply 2 stack of burn.
2nd: Wrath of Kings: gain ghostly swords around the guardian that attacks nearby enemies and causing burn on them. Lasts for 10 sec. 45 sec cd. Affecta only sword and gs skills.
And so on for the other weapons, up for 2 active spirit on at the same time (for ex. one for improving mace and one for shield). That could make same diverity in builds.
What do j think?

in Guardian

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

After reading sommuch sugession in this theme, i would favor the enchantment style mechanism, with some improvement.
The rev facet system is a good base for it. First activation gives a contignus effect restricted for weqpons, the secound actigation negate the “passive” and trigger a massive one. The animation could be like susanoo in narzto universe (yep, a bit lame to write such).
For example: 1 skill
1st: Echo of Kings: Imbue ur weapon with ghotsly essence, every 5th attack deals 30% more dmg and apply 2 stack of burn.
2nd: Wrath of Kings: gain ghostly swords around the guardian that attacks nearby enemies and causing burn on them. Lasts for 10 sec. 45 sec cd. Affecta only sword and gs skills.
And so on for the other weapons, up for 2 active spirit on at the same time (for ex. one for improving mace and one for shield). That could make same diverity in builds.
What do j think?

Well your base idea is good but i would remove the weapon restriction, so you can use spirit sword with mace or shield with sword etc.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

I think they should just make spirit weapons = conjured weapons.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I did not even read this because of the horrible amount of typos. Pls learn english.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

When I saw the original artwork for guardian spirit weapons. It wasnt 3 funny shaped pets following a gaurdian along. It was a hammer and a sword, moving in tandem with a gaurdian. Why cant we get that. Revenants get that with their spinny hammers and their leechy crystal things.

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

To even consider using spirit weapons over Meditations/Traps, we would need updated traits to do what those utilities do. Akin to Warriors getting Defy Pain after taking x percentage of damage, Guardians would need something similar.

I’m trying to think of other ways to incorporate such things with spirit weapons but I am having a hard time thinking how clunky and complex those abilities would be.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.