tower support?

tower support?

in Guardian

Posted by: shahryar.8437

shahryar.8437

Okay in any team based mp game I usually play defense,
in wow I hung back in warsong or at specific points in arathi and protected flags with my hunter.
in and ctf game I play defense

and I am currently trying to find that class to have fun protecting bases with.

In beta I tried a bit of WvW with my necro, hanging out on the wall summoning marks to harm and frustrate. and I sort of like it but I am looking for others.

So far Elementalist sounds good but besides healing I have no clue what else I could do.

then there are guardians and engineers.

I know it’s possible to play a more support guardian, but I am wondering if there is a build that works for hanging out on a wall flinging buffs and protection down towards my comrades? Maybe something like focusing on consecrations.

(edited by shahryar.8437)

tower support?

in Guardian

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Could always go Knight’s or Berserker’s gear or a mix of whatever and spam Staff #1 through the gate. It gets you plenty of kills and is very, very annoying (AKA, a very good deterrent).

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

tower support?

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Towers in WvW is one of the only things I can’t figure out how to do well as a Guardian. Like Syktek mention, I’ve done staff and it can help contribute to tower defense, but I personally found that the best thing I can do is arm a siege weapon. I haven’t played a high level elementalist or engineer, but they seem to do a better job at keep defenses because they can actually cause a lot of AOE damage as well as provide good support from afar.

tower support?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Staff #1 really does work wonders, but it also highly depends on who you’re up against. i’ve seen players not move and garner up to 10+ bags that way, whereas some after a few hits, you won’t see numbers pop anymore.

you can always spec for consecrations, consecrated ground , for one, to be able to offer more support on walls. often, i jump down drop WoR, knock some of them back / down / etc (using hammer or shield) and then run back in.

one thing is in this game, i personally feel the level of field (correct terminology?) hugely affects certain aspects of gameplay. many of our weapons can give buffs, but will they reach my allies who are down at the game? since many skills seem to work / function / fire out on a level plain.

another thing i do other than manning siege is to area heal and offer support for those who are DPS-ing via AoE heals, making use of combo’s, buffs, boons, or even Tome of Courage.

even Tome of Wrath helps putting some pressure on enemies. quickness, albeit only 3 secs, is nice for your teammates to have as well. i assume the AoE knockdown will hit targets down below as well! one gripe, you need to be on the edge of the tower / walls to use #1, which makes you susceptible to pulls. so i guess it’s “balanced” in that sense.

sorry all over the place, but yea, just a few thoughts.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall