upcoming solo content build ideas

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

So I figure I will go ahead and start this ahead of time in preparation for the upcoming solo content.

Anyone have any builds in mind for a first try? I’m probably going with the same one I’ve been using for solo/pvp 0/30/30/5/5.

I might switch it up for a 2 handed tanky build, but it depends. Just interested in getting some other peoples ideas.

in Guardian

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

I imagine this will be similar I the Brawler Arena that WoW has. Those (higher ranked) fights were focused exclusively around using a dps build because everyone can dps.

I think it will be the same here. I can’t see them trying to design different fights that would require a toughness or healing build. No trinity! But I’m not sure how they’ll utilize downed state either, if at all.

Ill be going in with dps spec and gear with gs/staff 20/25/0/25/0 to test the waters.

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I imagine this will be similar I the Brawler Arena that WoW has. Those (higher ranked) fights were focused exclusively around using a dps build because everyone can dps.

I think it will be the same here. I can’t see them trying to design different fights that would require a toughness or healing build. No trinity! But I’m not sure how they’ll utilize downed state either, if at all.

Ill be going in with dps spec and gear with gs/staff 20/25/0/25/0 to test the waters.

I never really got into WoW that much. I played somee/did some raids during wrath of the lich king/cataclysm but the pvp went downhill so fast that after that season I just stopped. It was pretty clear just from season participation that the PvP was coming to a rapid end (very little participation, stagnate meta etc). So I don’t know how that worked. I’m basing my build on what worked so well for the last “solo” content the trials.

Supposedly they’ve tested it every profession, I’m still going to try and be the first guardian to solo it.

I think you are probably right though about it being a dps race. Which works out really good for guardian because we can keep 100% vigor up time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Season 1 + Paladin = Blizzard awakening to the fact they can’t balance a PvP game around one designed only for PvE. To make matters worse and not wanting to solely have that issue to deal with every expansion pack or other related content introduced further stat creep. Now you have stats so high one is doing a zillion DPS per second because they can’t fix it. Itemization is so crazy and high right now if they shrink it they can’t solo previous content for achievements or item transmutation without bringing 40 people.

Anyway – back on topic. I’ll run a zerker/soldier armor and accessorie DPS build first around 10/0/30/30/0 trait mix. I run the smaller solo/group of 3 healaway build but don’t think it is that fast at dps due to heal oriented stats So unless I need it I’ll try the DPS first and go from there.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Proteus.6320

Brawlers arena was a pve solo challenge against bosses. The lower brackets were forgiving but it became readily apparent that to best enrage timers not only required a dps spec but some high end dps gear as well.

I think in gw2 since there is no trinity they will have to base this on a dps format- the game is already designed that way. Who knows there could be some survival type fights based on sustain but I think if your good at dodging/block/blind, dps will reign supreme.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

actually If I understood well It would be 1v1 fights with a champion….
so survival should be important in some way.
the only problem as for me is if that champions would have defiant or not… (33% to blind works is not very good build)

I would use my actuall standard support-burning build and if it could land in heavy situation for melee because of boss hard-hitting in melee I would use something like that:
dodge backwards – Ray of Judgement – focus 5 – zealot defense and quickly flashing blade to proc a AoE dmg on boss – dodge backward – repeat in the way that cd’s will allow
and let the hammer nad sword hit them in the middle time

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Enter the Crown Pavilion – Begins August 6

Test yourself in an entirely new mini-zone featuring mighty representations of humanity’s enemies. By representing various cities of Tyria, you can be named champion of a nation and gain access to unique reward vendors.
Fight in the Queen’s Gauntlet – Begins August 6

In the special Queen’s Gauntlet, you will face increasingly difficult challenges of single-combat against unique bosses. Cheer on your friends or show off your skills to the world. Take a risk with special gambit conditions to earn even more prestigious rewards!

Putting that there for anyone that hasn’t seen it yet. So at least one is a solo thing with unique bosses. The other might be solo. I just hope it isn’t another horribly designed mini game.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’m gonna be going in with a variation of 20/30/x/x/10 to start with lol just cause i’ve been having so much fun with this build. maybe 10 in Honor, or at least 5 for vigorous precision. and shout CD reduction might be useful.

but of course, we’ll have to see how it goes. pretty looking forward to this actually. and second no more mini-games for now. :PP

the special gambit conditions is really interesting. Dev mentioned in the thread it’d be sth like “no dodging” as one example. :OOO

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I don’t take that “no dodging” for sure – hey 60% of my actuall survi is dodging (actually heal-dodging) and rest 40% are blind – which on foes with defiant buff have 33% chance to work…

but…
no blinding I could catch because those blind isn’t getin on the bosses anyway :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Guardian

akamon.2769

GSS, where you at? >:DDD

didn’t wanna start a new thread. so how’ve people’s experience been with this so far? i only dabbled with a few of these guys and got up to boss in T1 and then i went to bed lol. hoping to get most of them done in the enxt few days!

so far, it seems DPS centric builds will still work. but i’ve also heard others doing more than fine in PVT / cleric’s / condition gear.

the wind lady with the tornadoes was mad annoying when i first faced her. didn’t have stability and only one stunbreak. brought hollowed ground and SYG the next time and roflstomped her for knocking me around so much lol

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Any updates on what builds you guys use?
I’m wondering if i should go full zerk or not (2 min time limit)..
Would love to see some people post how they got to Liadri or even killed her.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in Guardian

akamon.2769

looking forward to hearing some more too.
once i get done with them all (ideally), i’ll start posting some builds or any other Guardian-related goodies for the Gauntlet. : ))

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: NickBrah.3241

NickBrah.3241

Having just hit 80 myself, I too had extreme difficulty getting down the Windcaller (T1B3).

In the end I had to respec my talents completely to a squishy sceptre/stability build to nuke her fast enough. 30/0/10/0/30 I think.

Got her on the 8th time, first after respeccing, my greatsword/1hmaceshield standard was having 0 luck with it at all.

Cruised through the next two fights first time though. Only ones that gave me any trouble were the bear than gets bigger as you hit him (learned to stop dps for a sec) and the windcaller so far.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

There are more fights after Ms. Impossible? I haven’t actually tried her yet myself, but I hear she’s exceptionally difficult.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

did it all normall with my standard build 0/15/30/20/5

changed to 20/0/30/20/0 for liadri for sceptor dmg

in Guardian

akamon.2769

i think Ms. Impossible is the last fight. for now. ; )))

i think NickBrah was talking about the wind lady though. sadly, i feel scepter and GS and probs the weapon sets to go for. as well as 1h sword and maybe hammer.

definitely be using a lot of Scepter Power. nice, Charak!

now next question, Light in the Darkness achievement. any Guardians do this yet? or did you do these as well already, Charak?

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Proteus.6320

I was able to get to Liadra without changing any gear other than weapons. Used my 20/25/0/25/0 2h dps build with GS/staff; used gs/sword+focus on the bomb guy and will likely use sword+focus/staff for Liadra. Full zerker/ascendent zerk/vitality.

Pretty simple, its really just learning your opponents moves and planning accordingly. As predicted this should be far easier on DPS builds since the things that kill you are one shot mechanics.

Getting some of he achievements will likely require some sigil/trait swaps, and I’m sure there will be optimized synergies discovered for getting each achievement, I haven tested it yet as I only tried Liadra once and wanted to do that before I work on the gimmick/gambit achievements.

Edited to add:
On the tornado lady I went down, got knocked to the edge and then the tornadoes couldn’t hit me for some reason. Between chipping away at her with #1 and healing with #3, I actually beat her while in downed state. Took a while but she herself puts out is pathetic. Bring stability and destroy her.

(edited by Proteus.6320)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Guardian

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I beat it with the same build I’ve been using for a while tbh.

0/5/30/30/5 shout/AH based

I used my normal GS/Hammer combo for most of the fights, although for Liadri I beat her with scepter/focus

Gear is full knights with zerker weapons and a mix of knight/zerker trinkets.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

After all these months I finally found a use for my scepter. The weapon is great for several of the champions.