'virtue of resolve' and 'inspired virtue'

in Guardian

Posted by: vincentvfx.1794

vincentvfx.1794

ok, so again i am confused. as a guardian i get ‘virtue of resolve’ right off the bat and it regenerates my health. if i put 5 points into the trait line virtues i will now get the boon of regeneration applied to my ‘virtue of resolve’ (and might and protection too of course)

huh?! so does this mean i get extra regeneration? i cannot tell from anything on the hero page if my regeneration goes up or not. ty for any info as always.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ran.4261

Ran.4261

It means when you use the active ability of the Virtues, they will each give you a specific boon.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

When you use your virtue of resolve you get an instant heal, but will no longer regenerate hp over time. with the trait you will gain regeneration and retain some of the HOT for a short duration.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kindread.9481

Kindread.9481

The trait: Inspired Virtues grats the following boons WHEN ACTIVATED.

Virtue of Justice: Grants Might for X seconds
Virtue of Resolve: Grants Regeneration for X seconds
Virtue of Courage: Grats Protection for X seconds.

Once a Virtue is activated (by pressing the F1, F2, or F3 keys) the passive benefit will no longer effect you until they recycle, which takes 30, 60, and 90 seconds.

in Guardian

vincentvfx.1794

ah ok, ty all very much. sorry i was not up to the level to try it out. but again thanks, i really find the tooltips for a lot of this stuff in this game is ummm . . . i dunno . . .

in Guardian

Posted by: Ran.4261

Ran.4261

They leave a lot to the imagination. The best thing you can do is go to the Mists and try out the traits/skills before you level into them in PVE.

in Guardian

Kindread.9481

I find many of them worded incorrectly/confusing also. I tend to visit the GW2 Wiki site quite often. They are spelled out a bit more in the descriptions there, and on many skills you can click on the Discussion tab at the top and see what players have said about them. Keep in mind some of the comments there may have been from Beta, and many skills changed since then.

in Guardian

vincentvfx.1794

p.s. so Kindred when i use my virtue of resolve if i have the trait, i will get a short heal over time buff and then have to wait a 60 seconds until the normal virtue of resolve regeneration kicks in again? that does not seem like such a great deal.

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Imho, the description is so vague, it should give you the boon on passive virtue. It’d hardly be gamebreaking.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: darcdante.2753

darcdante.2753

How do we know the difference in healing provided by the regeneration versus the passive effect/ I’m guessing the regen is stronger, since otherwise activating it would be pointless. I’ll just try and figure it out when I get home, I guess. Some green numbers should pop up on the screen or something lol.

in Guardian

Kindread.9481

@vincentvfx

Yes, when you activate Virtue of Resolve you get a small instant heal (from the virtue activation) and the Regeneration Boon for a few seconds that is applies to you and your allies. You then have to wait for 60 seconds to get the passive effect back.

The tradeoff may not seem worth it, but it has saved me several times in the past. You can also take the Elite skill Renewed Focus to reset the cooldown on all virtues, so you could pop all your virtues, get the added effects of the activation, AND the boons from the trait Inspired Virtues, then pop Renewed Focus and immediatly get the passives back from all your virtues. The effect is ovbiously more powerful in a group, as you effect all nearby allies when you activate your virtues.

Also if you take the trait Altruistic Healing (30 points into the Valor line) you get a small heal for each person effected by a boon that you cast, which pairs very nicely with Inspired Virtues.

(edited by Kindread.9481)

in Guardian

Kindread.9481

p.s. so Kindred when i use my virtue of resolve if i have the trait, i will get a short heal over time buff and then have to wait a 60 seconds until the normal virtue of resolve regeneration kicks in again? that does not seem like such a great deal.

Keep in mind that the Regeneration boon you get from popping Virtue of Resolve (with the Inspired Virtues trait) is about twice as powerful as the passive Virtue of Resolve healing (called Rejuvenation).

in Guardian

Posted by: Bobnintendo.1256

Bobnintendo.1256

All activated Virtues, as well as the boons from that trait, are also applied to your allies. The passive effects of your Virtues only apply to yourself