what would be the best sword build now?

in Guardian

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

Zeal/Honor/DH for best symbol damage?

Zeal/Radiance/DH for sword CD reduction?

what do you guys think?

(this is for PVE)

(edited by Blacksarevok.8104)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I would also like to know.

in Guardian

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ditto, me too! Am looking for some new PVE builds. Meta has good info but looking for just running around, map comp and just pwn stuffs kinda builds.
Put on them thinking helms folks!!

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Im hoping for less dependence on dragon hunter builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mido.4920

Mido.4920

Radiance adds more dmg to sword than honor does.
Sword cd reduction, 15% crit chance on main hand weapons, +10% ctir chance against burning targets.
Also since you will be playing with torch if you want dmg you get to use torch 4 twice as much.
If you wanna go sword
torch /GS though the dmg is probably still on Virtues + Zeal

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Radiance adds more dmg to sword than honor does.
Sword cd reduction, 15% crit chance on main hand weapons, +10% ctir chance against burning targets.
Also since you will be playing with torch if you want dmg you get to use torch 4 twice as much.
If you wanna go sword
torch /GS though the dmg is probably still on Virtues + Zeal

In addition to that Radiance still hosts the old Powerfull Blades trait (10% dmg to sword/spear) under Retribution. And i don’t understand why they don’t update the tooltip.

Anyways even with the symbol change on sword it only gives it a QoL for pvp only. In terms of pve dmg increase it’s about the same and sword still lack as a DPS weapon in raids/fotm (compared to our other sets).

I was hoping for something different from sword but i guess the devs can’t get away from Zeal.

in Guardian

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

When I was testing, sword wasn’t significantly different to scepter or hammer now, at least on the standard size dps golem. Not sure if scepter will get higher on the big golems giving it the edge. I’ve still got a tonne of testing to do..

Both sword and scepter were performing better with radiance > honor though. I still need to test with an air sigil over accuracy in the torch, but All I’m expecting there is more dps gains.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in Guardian

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

In addition to that Radiance still hosts the old Powerfull Blades trait (10% dmg to sword/spear) under Retribution. And i don’t understand why they don’t update the tooltip.

I didn’t know about this. So sword has a hidden, “free” 10% damage increase with that trait, heh? Does it stack with the other bonus you get from retaliation, or not?