who is the easy target ?

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Q:

Lets see if everybody has the same opinion…
Wich class is the easiest to kill as a guardiãn ?

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sachit.9753

Sachit.9753

A:

In a solo capacity guardians are not in a good place. The outcome of a 1v1 fight usually depends on the builds of both opponents.

1. Against Conditions:

-The truth is that conditions will eat you, a RHS dps build will help but it will take twice the effort to be at par with an opponent of the same skill level. Perplexity builds are your worst nightmare.

-Healway will help u cleanse those nasty conditions but in the condi spam meta, foes can reapply quickly and you will have to manage might stacks and mighty blow alot to maintain pressure.

2. Against GC/Burst:

-Effective to go defensive. Unless you get careless or mess up big time you wont die. The fights will go long because of your relatively low dps output.

-Alternatively, a burst build can counter your opponent but its either ‘burst’ or ‘bust’. Even if u do land your entire combo failing to crit would be a setback considering the amount of cds required to set up guard burst.

-Symbol builds are effective in Spvp where the area is restricted and people fight on points. Both you and your opponent stay on symbols longer which means more dps and up time on boons along with a light field to combo retaliation. In WvW it loses effectiveness except against melee focused classes for e.g GS Mace/Shield warriors.

So against each profession:

Elementalist: Same state as guards, some would say worse. Pretty even fight. Scepter/Dagger burst will one shot you if you’re not careful

Engineers: Boasts great sustain possibly the best, constant poison will negate your heals and in the long run they will always come up ahead.

Rangers: Power rangers are easy unless you let them kite you too much, Spirits can be a pretty even fight with a slight advantage for guardians.

Mesmer: Shatter builds can be countered with timed dodges, and phantasm builds with RHS pressure. Condition mesmers have great stealth uptime, confusion and torment stacking. Lack of mobility will make you fodder still with recent nerf to duelist discipline they are relatively easier to fight.

Warrior: Hambow has great control, damage and regen making it a very hard fight, not impossible but you need to land some crits. Condition warriors can be dangerous becuase of the their ability to stack conditions very quickly.

Thief: Completely depends on the builds. To give an idea which build has leverage over the other (not absolute)-

Thief | Guardian
D/P, D/D Shadow rejuvenation > RHS/Burst
D/P, D/D Shadow rejuvenation = Healway/AH/Bunker
S/D > Healway/AH/Bunker
S/D < RHS/Burst
P/D > Symbols
D/P, D/D, S/P, S/D = Symbols

Necromancer: With high HP plus DS, necros are hard to take down. Low base damage builds will find it almost impossible unless they keep up alot of pressure/Might stacks. Burst/ RHS builds are more effective against condimancers. Keeping high pressure is key which helps guards to exploit their lack of mobility outside spectral walk. Power necros are pretty easy, the thing to look out for is the high damage auto-attack of the lichform and the boonrip.

The following data is compiled by my own personal experience so it may not be wholly accurate or may differ with accounts of others. All comparisons made between professions and builds are done so on the assumption that the skill level of the players are more or less equal and taking a roughly combined account of PvP battles in both S/TPvP and WvW environments.

TL;DR
I Love u

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Dummkopf.9135

Dummkopf.9135

Other Guardians.

By the power of grey skull…

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Nice answer lol , thief maybe ?

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Definitely rabbits

(provided they don’t see me coming)

Generally I find thief the easiest ( as well as other guards ), unless the are full glass cannon and get the drop on my before I can react.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

+1 thief

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Humm let me try to explain my point of view in this game:

For my exp in wvw as guardian and thief, guardians are always my free badge, low health pseudo defenses*(as in to many counters or to easy to counter, even wall of reflection is easy)*, while if i want to kill other classes the effort lvl raises alot, same goes with thief, kill guardians with no effort i just need to stress guardian a bit and he will loose with no problem, while other classes are much harder to batle.

Most of the time i crited on guardians(with thief) over 3-4k per skill while they have boons(since damage always > defense in this game) theres no point playing a defenssive class becouse defense is easy shatered by damage.

As exemple i played a bulky guardian(to test how defense is valuated in this game) 25k-26k health + boons and gain rolls on weapon swap, arround 700healing power and 30/30crits and 3.4k armor, and some classes can hit over 15k in one skill, killshot hits closer to 20k and combat tab does not show the critical damage.

So, target of guardians are the bad players. >:]

+1 thief

Dont we all have thiefs?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Thieves, definitely. Always happy when I see one trying to engage.

On the other hand, sad when they disengage at will. I don’t have enough cripples and chills to keep them close to me.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

If you’re getting killed by 20k Killshots, you either don’t have Wall of Reflection or you don’t know how to use it. :/

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Surprisingly, the most OP hammer warriors, especially the ones using valk builds with low armor. I usually run 6x melandru stacked with saffron bread as my default which does a number on them. Let their normal hits hit, they either just glance or do relatively little to me, and time my stabilities and RF for the big ones. Last one I fought I didnt even have to use a heal skill, my active from F2 and symbols kept me around 80-90% throughout the fight.

In 1v1 I actually own them until they decide to run away and of course I do not have enough CC or mobility to keep up, also unfortunately as I tend to run builds that are not DPS focused, the fights usually stretch and they always end up with one of their friends coming in to help.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

+1 thief

Ok, not on topic but I’ll bite because I get destroyed by even the worst thief player How do you guys/gals beat them? I die even with my healaway build. So yeah, maybe I should just uninstall

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

+1 thief

Ok, not on topic but I’ll bite because I get destroyed by even the worst thief player How do you guys/gals beat them? I die even with my healaway build. So yeah, maybe I should just uninstall

Honestly if you’re running the exact build Chris uses it’s best to just use that variation of Healway in zergs and small group play. What you need to beat most classes pressure/decent damage if you’re solo roaming. I changed my build for roaming and small group play, though keeping the Healway build variant. I had to ditch Absolute Resolution if i wanted to apply pressure on people(also known as moving those points in virtues elsewhere.)I stick with soldier runes so shouts cure 2 Condis(I’m pigeonholed here because on demand condi removal is good, and I don’t like purging flames since it has a cast time)

With thieves I got around into making one and playing Spvp with it for a bit. Guardians are easy targets for theives when they play bunker and have no real damage or pressure to keep the Thieves in check, and if they spec into 30 Shadow Arts, they’ll just outlast you, because you don’t have enough damage to make them panic but they sure as hell have the damage to kill you, and the mobility to get out of sticky situations. If you fight a warrior with healing signet+ Adrenal health it’s going to be a very long fight unless you’re a mesmer, or engie even is full berskers it takes a while to kill a warrior. What I find what generally will help kill a warrior is if you take a f1 burst and make them have 0 Adrenaline. You’ll have a window since they lost a portion of their healing by doing so, but that’s a short window. it also helps to have things linger on them like Binding Blade and/or Burn/burn on block. It helps. Though there isn’t much you can do other than that.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Generally thieves, the new P/D condition build they have though now is extremely annoying. Anything with a melee weapon though generally either dies or runs.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Upleveled players.

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

Our guardian is a bit of handicap class no good HP pool no cc skills no majority long range skill no good cooldown on some important skills that would make us more survivable vs the rest(no offense i love my guardian but they can do more to improve our guardian)

(edited by AGGabriel.9230)

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

Definitely rangers. The ring of warding + JI combo gets em everytime. Staff ele’s a close 2nd as well

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

If you’re getting killed by 20k Killshots, you either don’t have Wall of Reflection or you don’t know how to use it. :/

WoR is easy to avoid, at least for me if i go 2xpistol spam on thief, i cant imagine who dies to a WoR…. unless deployed at last momment before killshot wich forces the progectile being reflected back to warrior.

On small scale player/team needs to be dammn bad to start shooting to WoR, its a large group situational skill most of the time.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

PvF’ers.

Although it’s pretty funny because this thread has been posted across a number of class forums, and the responses are all fairly amusing.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

who is the easy target ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

In terms of tpvp:
Thief

We completely hard counter them and if they go a super tanky evade/cloak build then we can’t kill them but they definitely still can’t kill us. If they make a mistake they die too, love it when it’s not us being forced to make all the right choices.

http://youtu.be/SbjUqGyxmxM?t=28m50s

An example of a video where I was showing people basics of the Guardian, it’s a build win.