zerk to condi - my overall conclusion

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

so after trying and building my condi guard and testing few builds and making some of my own, and after trying to achieve the best dps to every situation
here are my results and builds around meditation concept

full zerk – good for roaming but mediocre for 1v1 with the condi meta. you lack in mobility (even with traveler rune). its hard to handle 1v2 and very situational. in small group fight is great if not getting focused. and can do huge dmg by playing aggressively. 2.5k AA (auto atack) but in short time best dps (build x,x,6,x,4, toughness 2300, power 2300 condition 0, crit chance 50%, ferocity 210%)

full condi – good for roaming, nice for 1v1 if your enemy dont run away. in small group fight is ok but great in big fight as the aoe burning does great damage over time. doing good dmg just by playing defensively, 1.8k AA. not many profession knows how to deal with you. in longer fight time the sdps become pretty equal to the zerk build (build 6,x,6,x,x toughness 2800, power 1200, condition 1800 burning duration 100% and +33% dmg)

hybrid – great for roaming and great in 1v1, much easier to do 1v2 (versus full zerk) but still not as easy as thief. great for small and big group fight as you can do great direct burst and passive burning after and before the burst so dps overall is higher 3.6k AA (build 2,6,6,0,0 toughness 2780, power 2500, condition 700, burning duration 100%, crit chance 40% and ferocity 175%)

so far for me the hybrid is the best setup for every situation

would like to hear your thoughts and opinion

in Guardian

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

I would agree with this for the most part. Anyone can say “switch that trait, change this rune or sigil and it’s better”, but I think for the most part it’s trickiculty factor 5 lately for getting the right balance on guards. I have also had the most success with hybrid builds lately, and they have been holding their own and fun to play.

I’ve been running these setups if anyone is interested.
PVE: Might focused with swappable utility
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR8dlsApUoVDxZI8DRBARl1CaXAgZMEe3GCjAA-TBSGABA8AAGS5XCXEAQ2fgMdDGcEAAU9HpUCSKgqEGB-e

PVP: Bunker Burner hybrid
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR5elsApaodDxZI8DNx/QYZwAm37XPW2B-TJxHwADuIAa2fAwTAoYZAA

Probably not perfect but they’re fun and effective.

in Guardian

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

I would agree with this for the most part. Anyone can say “switch that trait, change this rune or sigil and it’s better”, but I think for the most part it’s trickiculty factor 5 lately for getting the right balance on guards. I have also had the most success with hybrid builds lately, and they have been holding their own and fun to play.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR8dlsApUoVDxZI8DRBARl1CaXAgZMEe3GCjAA-TBSGABA8AAGS5XCXEAQ2fgMdDGcEAAU9HpUCSKgqEGB-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR5elsApaodDxZI8DNx/QYZwAm37XPW2B-TJxHwADuIAa2fAwTAoYZAA

you dont go valor for pve, its worthless crap in this game mode totally inferior to anything else

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I’m rather pleased with the resurgence of interest for burning in PVP. My own testing has indicated increased success with my burning PVP build (sig is not up to date). My targeted opponents melt faster and there is a minimal impact to my own survival. IMO, the burning changes were the right direction. Now, PVE on the other hand …

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

you dont go valor for pve, its worthless crap in this game mode totally inferior to anything else

Valor is good for teq and wurm. Communal defense is great.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

Burning builds, especially those that center around the book, are extremely powerful in PvP. When I played PvP with it, it was not uncommon for me to win 4v1 with minimal effort.

Plus this build absolutely melts those annoying zoo necros.

In WvW burning build is… Situational. If you can find loads of small skirmishes, it’s great. In zergs it can work wonders if you time your skills right but AC fire can be trouble. People these days look for more supportive Guardians that spec heavily into Healing Power for their WvW groups.

PvE… To be honest I liked exploring with it but in dungeons and fractals it was underwhelming because it’s neither here nor there in terms of damage and support. I had to swap back to Healing Power in almost every run that I started with Condi Damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Burning + book in WvW has a lag time. If the book is up, its good. If it is on cool-down, you are playing defensively and I’d wager not doing much good. Condition to retaliation trait is super lame unless they change the cap.

Meta + zerk is living on a razors edge. If you are an above average player you will win more than loosing, even when the odds are stacked against you. Just look at a few of the builds and videos out there. On the other hand if you are average then it will be 50/50 at best. This is from a WvW perspective only.

PvE it doesn’t matter and run whatever is fun. There are no meters, there is no inspection. No one really cares. If they do, go play in another persons sandbox because you won’t have fun with that group anyway.

I play Heal/Support, Triple med+zerk, and a couple different burns. Out of those builds the meditation build with zerker gear is by far the most intense and oddly enough the best I play (I’m an average player). Heal and condi I’m more in the back lines just yelling words of encouragement…..while others do the work.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328