10/30/0/30/0 for leveling mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sind.5798

Sind.5798

Hi

Starting a mesmer, but can’t seem to figure out what build to go while leveling? I know it doesnt matter hugely but I like to play around with builds and chars as I go along.

I think 10/30/0/30/0 works well, with getting 10 in dueling first for blade training for phantasmal fury?

Then go 10 in domination and get eiter mental torment or empowered illusions?

Can you give me any tips? do i go back and max dueling and then go for 30 in inspiration? And what major traits do I pick up?

Any build link would be greatly appreciated. Also I plan on using sword/sword and sword/focus or s/p for leveling.

Thanks in advance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sind.5798

Sind.5798

Oh, and lastly, do i go for power only and then transition to the other stats or only some of them later on? And when do I do this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Undertow.2389

Undertow.2389

IMO, for solo leveling it’s more important to reduce your phantasm cooldown times than to increase their damage. You’re going to be facing a lot of weak mobs that die quickly, you want to be able to get another one out asap on the next target as they are a huge chunk of your dps, even without the traits increasing their damage.

Everything else in inspiration isn’t very important for leveling (you are plenty survivable with just clones, decoy, and mass invis), so you’re basically spending 25-30 trait points for just 15% phantasm damage.

Instead, I’d suggest going for blade training first (+critical infusion), and 10 in domination for empowered illusions. At 40 respec for 0/15/0/0/15 for illusionist’s celerity, getting 20 dueling and deceptive evasion after that. From there you can either put more points into illusions if you want to shatter every mob or go up domination for empowered illusions again and greatsword training. Use sword/sword (or sw/p) and greatsword, focus on power + precision gear.

Condition mesmers are kinda frustrating in pve because a ton of your damage comes from scepter block and confusion, both being flaky in pve with mob slow swing speed and failure to even attack you.

Everything does work though, I think it’s better to keep switching weapons around so you don’t get bored than simply level as fast as possible.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Lazy Kai is all you need for leveling. Shatter burst is great because most things die too fast for phantasms to be worthwhile. And you get to practice one of the most fun mesmer styles.

You can always switch to phantasm builds once you’re leveled up.

And yes, definitely go power for leveling.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian