11/15 Can't hit on a wall...

in Mesmer

Posted by: deapee.7516

deapee.7516

Since the gs #4 nerf today, we can no longer do any damage to anyone except a chaos storm (lol, that was also nerfed) to people up on a wall.

It used to act like other aoes, now we literally have no arcing attack, nothing that we can hit someone with who is 1/4 inch behind the wall, meanwhile they’re shooting us with everything they have.

Bugs first, then nerfs…

in Mesmer

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

Yep, kind of disappointed, Mesmer is now one of the only classes without a decent AOE attack. Lets face it, Chaos storm doesn’t inflict anywhere near the amount of damage that other classes can cast up on walls, iBerserker was the only thing that came close to it for us
Now we can cast Chaos Storm on the front of a wall and just hope that people will stand there long enough for it to do something…
Anet seems to have listened to all the complaints from people who don’t even play the class as usual!

I hope this is made right by giving us a decent AOE skill, regardless of what weapon it is attached to!

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Now now, chaos storm was NOT nerfed this patch, let’s keep things straight :p

However, yes, they got rid of all illusions ability to hit targets above line of sight. So mesmers now have no direct means of attacking people standing on battlements, or for that matter ANY kind’ve higher elevation.

This… is a big issue.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artereis.1260

Artereis.1260

It just means I’ll be carrying a hell of a lot more arrow cart and ballista plans on me going forward.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

siege equipment cost is not offset by general wvw play especially as a mesmer with no real aoe. i get fewer bags on my mesmer than my warrior or ranger. of course my elementalist – if she lives – gets the most bags.

nah. mesmers now need to be overhauled to have tools for keep sieging. they now have none. the curtain rip only works on people dumb enough to stand on a wall curb. an inch back and it rips nobody off

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

Yeah, mesmers have been reduced to keep wallfowers and taxis during keep attacks, all because people couldn’t deal with a one shot berserker and screamed about it.

Are there any other classes that don’t have any decent AoEs (I don’t consider chaos storm every 35s decent)? If not, then I don’t see why mesmers should have to rely on siege equipment to be useful during keep attacks, especially as we have only light armour.

Solution: make Phantasmal berserker and Phantasmal warden AoEs so they can be placed where you like.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Earthacis.3862

Earthacis.3862

I have to agree with this. We now have no way to attack anyone on walls. As a person who plays WvW constantly I am now a broken class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calendor.2675

Calendor.2675

This is a downer for me, i live in WvW and now at keep and tower sieges i have zero ways of hitting people on the wall, i just sit and do nothing until the gates are down.

Desolation Server.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aiyumu.3542

Aiyumu.3542

Man, I am disappointed. Why do they take the fun out of what makes this class special from the rest?

in Mesmer

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

why do we even bother, they don’t read these, they don’t give a f – i’m rolling a necro.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Typhoon Blue.3698

Typhoon Blue.3698

why do we even bother, they don’t read these, they don’t give a f – i’m rolling a necro.

Rolling a Necro is probably the worst thing you can do. Roll a Warrior. They will never be touched.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

I’m not too familiar with other classes, but what skills do other professions have that can hit people on walls who aren’t in line of sight?

We do have chaos storm and Feedback. Temporal Curtain can still pull people down occasionally. GS number 3 is a targeted AoE.

Along with those, we retain any abilities that required line-of-sight already. Phantasms, auto-attacks, mantras, etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ayanavi.1904

Ayanavi.1904

I’m not too familiar with other classes, but what skills do other professions have that can hit people on walls who aren’t in line of sight?

We do have chaos storm and Feedback. Temporal Curtain can still pull people down occasionally. GS number 3 is a targeted AoE.

Chaos Storm is barely even sneeze-worthy as an offensive AoE, both due to it’s low tick damage, reliance on conditions, and 45s long CD.

As opposed to the Elementalist which has no less than five – possibly more – AoEs which have large ranges and high damage output.

Or the Necros whose wells and glyph-thingies last forever and effectively cut off entire sections of a wall or deal moderate burst damage.

Or the rangers whose arrow AoE is consistently one of the most spammed and annoying weapon.

You could make an argument for Feedback, except it’s also on a fairly long CD, doesn’t last that long, and every other profession has skills which reflect or block projectiles – Often lasting longer, with shorter CDs, than Feedback.

Temporal Curtain only works if the player is standing on the lip of the wall, which requires them to have already jumped up and scooted themselves to the edge of the wall, past the “safety bump” – At which point they are in LoS of everything anyway, so pulling them down is kind of pointless.

The question isn’t so much “what abilities abuse LoS” as it is “what abilities bend the rules of LoS”. You mentioned Mind Stab – While ground targeted, it can be put up on a wall. However, you need to aim it on the portion of the wall you can see, meaning only 1/2 to 1/4th of it’s area will actually be “on” the wall. Have you looked at your total area for Mind Stab lately? Because cut that in half or less, and that’s the range you have to hit people with.

The Mesmer’s siege equalizer was the iZerker bug, because it gave us an option for wall combat that didn’t go on CD for 45s every cast. Now that it’s been fixed – and it was a bug, so obviously it would get fixed – the Mesmer’s actual siege options are… well, kittened.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Elementalist has meteor shower, eruption, lava font(traited with blasting staff – better), ice spike, glyph of storms, ice bow’s storm, fiery greatsword’s firestorm.
Although usefullness of some is arguable(who will waste his own elite on GS for what, firestorm? big cd), but others are legit and all do damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

You guys can hang out with us guardians watching the battles at the keep.

We can go run supply for siege together or something. It’ll be fun, right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ayanavi.1904

Ayanavi.1904

…Something about this post makes me want to hug you and endeavor to become life long battle-buddies.

Is that odd?

in Mesmer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Rolling a Necro is probably the worst thing you can do. Roll a Warrior. They will never be touched.

Necro was not helped mate, go warrior. Those notes really didnt do anything for the class that should not have been fixed before the game was launched.

in Mesmer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Chaos Storm is barely even sneeze-worthy as an offensive AoE, both due to it’s low tick damage, reliance on conditions, and 45s long CD.

As opposed to the Elementalist which has no less than five – possibly more – AoEs which have large ranges and high damage output.

Or the Necros whose wells and glyph-thingies last forever and effectively cut off entire sections of a wall or deal moderate burst damage.

Or the rangers whose arrow AoE is consistently one of the most spammed and annoying weapon.

You could make an argument for Feedback, except it’s also on a fairly long CD, doesn’t last that long, and every other profession has skills which reflect or block projectiles – Often lasting longer, with shorter CDs, than Feedback.

Temporal Curtain only works if the player is standing on the lip of the wall, which requires them to have already jumped up and scooted themselves to the edge of the wall, past the “safety bump” – At which point they are in LoS of everything anyway, so pulling them down is kind of pointless.

The question isn’t so much “what abilities abuse LoS” as it is “what abilities bend the rules of LoS”. You mentioned Mind Stab – While ground targeted, it can be put up on a wall. However, you need to aim it on the portion of the wall you can see, meaning only 1/2 to 1/4th of it’s area will actually be “on” the wall. Have you looked at your total area for Mind Stab lately? Because cut that in half or less, and that’s the range you have to hit people with.

The Mesmer’s siege equalizer was the iZerker bug, because it gave us an option for wall combat that didn’t go on CD for 45s every cast. Now that it’s been fixed – and it was a bug, so obviously it would get fixed – the Mesmer’s actual siege options are… well, kittened.

Marks do not hit hard at all, even when specced to for power and condition damage hyrbid build, do not be afraid of them. They will only stay on the ground to the necro recasts them or 30 seconds they poof. Also they only hit players close to the edges, unlike some class aoes (eles, and rangers). The good news is they bugged staff auto attack so it now reach’s more then 1200 but sghtly less then 1500 with this patch. If you want to complain about that.

The two damaging wells are 45 seconds by default and only pulse for 5 seconds. Only two of the wells can hurt you, one will blind you, one is our heal and a condition cleanser basically. Also they only hit players close to the edges, unlike some class aoes (eles, and rangers).

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

GS number 3 is a targeted AoE.

GS number 3 is a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crusader.3165

Crusader.3165

A guardian was my first 80. My mesmer is my third 80 and my favorite class. This change makes it WORSE than the guardian for sieges (guardians at least have one large circle, albeit weak, AOE to apply pressure). The “cooldown on obstructed” issue breaks it in PVE as well. We could barely compete in DE tag situations and now we’re wasting half of those cast attempts because of a pebble, tree, or object edge in PVE.

iZerker was not overpowered. It dies in one hit. It was our only option for wall combat. It applied pressure just like every other AOE attack out there and was good for one shot before dying in 99% of uses. iZerker’s have been the least of my worries in siege battles regardless of whether I’m playing my guardian, engineer, or mesmer. Now they’re absolutely worthless.

I don’t want to shelve it but this just seems to be too severe an impact without anything to compensate for it (increased size of Mind Stab circle at least?). I’ll will probably be switching back to my engineer or leveling a new alt until this gets sorted out. Sad panda. Kittens.

in Mesmer

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

Ok. Mesmer seriously nerfed. Close to zero utility in siege action now.

I was hoping they would fix the line-of-sight issues (i.e. sometimes you cannot hit enemies or defensive weapons that “look” clearly in LoS). But they did the opposite: they removed our only useful attack to enemies in high positions and our only AoE damage (yes, the Phantasmal Berkerker was somehow our “AoE” attack).

The class has been destroyed for WvW and the several months playing the mesmer and preparing him for the Greatsword (including traits, armor crafting, sigils, jewellery etc.) seem to be totally wasted. I am seriously angry.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

they should increase mind stab aoe to meteor shower aoe size(obey 5 target limit rule). that way it can be positioned to hit the same thing any ground target aoe can hit on keep walls.

LOL not like a sensible compromise to our seiging abilities like that will ever happen.

in Mesmer

deapee.7516

It’s just a mindless nerf and shows the disconnect the devs have with the community. I feel 100% worthless in pve now. Before you destroy our only usable spell on walls, give something an arc, make something fall from the sky, give us something to cast on people.

Look at a necro, they can spam staff 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 — switch to scepter scepter 2, dagger 5, and then throw 3 wells up at people and a chaos poisoning cloud on a wall.

Look at eles, COUNTLESS abilities to use up on walls. What does a mesmer have? Greatsword #3 that hits for what 1,000 and has a circle the size of a person.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

at least a guardian with a staff can actually..you know…run for any length of time.

in Mesmer

deapee.7516

Unfortunately, and I’ve thought about this a good bit, fixes come too slow and personally, I don’t feel like playing for the next two months with no options to hit stuff that can hit me.