26 March Patch note.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Here we go my fellow mes. Let’s pew pew with GS and Scepter. No 25% passive. Tw nerf.

Spatial Surge skill : Now strikes up to two enemies that it passes through, in addition to the primary target.

Confusing Images skill: Now strikes enemies that it passes through.

Magic Bullet skill:
The traited version is now a projectile combo finisher to match the base skill’s functionality.
No longer hits targets beyond maximum range.

Blade Training trait: Properly reduces the recharge of Illusionary Leap.

Illusionary Duelist skill: Reduced the range to 900, matching its current listing.

Arcane Thievery skill: Now has the correct range when the Far-Reaching
Manipulations trait is equipped.

Confounding Suggestions trait: Reduced the frequency of stunning targets when Diversion is used from 100% of the time to 50%.

Dazzling trait: Now functions with Chaos Storm and Illusionary Riposte’s secondary attack.

Time Warp : Hammer Nerfed by 50% = Wow

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

We didn’t get the talked about nerf to Shatter, however every other profession that has a quickness skill got a time duration increase except Time Warp. I call BS on that, because ours is an elite, and now just how useful will it be with the reduced ability speed from 100% to 50%.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Love how scepter is more viable now already made a build for it with the improvement in mind. Also love greatsword being multi target but yea timewarp won’t be so OP anymore.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

We didn’t get the talked about nerf to Shatter, however every other profession that has a quickness skill got a time duration increase except Time Warp. I call BS on that, because ours is an elite, and now just how useful will it be with the reduced ability speed from 100% to 50%.

I think it applies to any form of quickness in general. If it’s not applicable to timewarp, then yeah, that’s not right — but I think it does apply.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

Looks like CoF farming is now officially 3 warrs / 2 mesmers…

I guess the nerf was bound to happen, with so much people abusing the skill with full zerk parties.

As a matter of a fact, every quickness skills was actually nerfed, it’s just that TW was nerfed more drastically (you actually have to double the duration time in order to cancel the 50% speed reduction).

As side note, I’m glad for the bug fixes and the buffs we got, especially the iLeap getting the right CD. That sure will buff up my Sword / Focus rotation a lot.

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

So in that SotG video they mentioned nerfing shatters to counter the buff to GS and scepter.

Since theres no mention, does that mean there is a stealth nerf? Or it has yet to come?

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

they should at least have increased the affected people from timewarp to 7 or something. -_-

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

I think it applies to any form of quickness in general. If it’s not applicable to timewarp, then yeah, that’s not right — but I think it does apply.

Open your eyes , its an elite skill ! Not some random skill that other classes have for quickenss ! So O.o and yes mesmers don’t got another quickness skill like all classes do ! Mesmer is the new enginer , so be ready to take a break from dungeons !

(edited by dani.1956)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Open your eyes , its an elite skill ! Not some random skill that other classes have for quickenss ! So O.o ! Mesmer is the new enginer , so be ready to take a break from dungeons !

And…?

You seem to have some page written by the devs where it says “Time Warp may never be nerfed relative to other Quickness-giving skills”.

Do you?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Open your eyes , its an elite skill ! Not some random skill that other classes have for quickenss ! So O.o and yes mesmers don’t got another quickness skill like all classes do ! Mesmer is the new enginer , so be ready to take a break from dungeons !

oh come on, mesmers will still be viable in dungeons. In fact, I’ve gotten pretty spoiled by having a portal guide me past the traps. Don’t act the dramaqueen until you have played it.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Over reacting a bit here no? Any group would be kitten to not take a 50% group quickness and portal. And we have AoE now on Spatial Surge, how is that not amazing?

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

They didn’t mention it, but has the berserker phantasm been fixed?

ET and proud to be!

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Over reacting a bit here no? Any group would be kitten to not take a 50% group quickness and portal. And we have AoE now on Spatial Surge, how is that not amazing?

I would take 2 engineers instead of 2 mesmers tbh !

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

You have fun with that then.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

They didn’t mention it, but has the berserker phantasm been fixed?

Would also LOVE to know this…

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Lol inB4 Izerker even more broken.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

No one except Xeph (who isn’t a dev) said that Shatter must be nerfed if we get beam attacks. All they said is that it will of course be something they watch for, just like any change they’ll be on the look-out for repercussions.

Time-Warp isn’t as big a deal as you think, it was nerfed across the board. We still get to give it to our whole group for twice as long as anyone else, with no debuffs, and an ethereal field to boot.

As always though, the real question is about the unmentioned changes.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Lol inB4 Izerker even more broken.

“Honestly, we’re not sure how this happened. Nothing was changed with the Illusionary Berserker skill. We’re looking into this.”

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Scepter’s still broken. The change to Confusing Images is appreciated as it still is a three second channel that’s hard to complete, but that doesn’t make the scepter more viable overall. If its “bullet” speed was higher and it applied confusion as the description states, it would be fine.
Anyway, I’m not impressed by the amount of fixes. Our bug list is still massive, they tend to “fix” things nobody really cares about or that weren’t broken in the first place.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

So in that SotG video they mentioned nerfing shatters to counter the buff to GS and scepter.

Since theres no mention, does that mean there is a stealth nerf? Or it has yet to come?

No, they mentioned they would watch shatter damage to determine if a nerf was needed. This information was posted every time a shatter nerf thread appeared to help dispel the false rumors. Apparently the effort was wasted.

On a more relevant note, patch was a little underwhelming, but any patch w/o major mesmer nerfs is a good one. Now let’s look for stealth nerfs.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Ileap cd affected by trait, happy cat here

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I would take two decent players over people complaining about nerfs prematurely. Wouldn’t you? :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

OH yay now I can hit 2 people instead of 1 with Spatial.

It’s something.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Heldenzeit.8903

Heldenzeit.8903

Very glad about the changes to Confusing Images. I already planned a new Scepter build with that change in mind and can’t wait to try it!

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

OH yay now I can hit 2 people instead of 1 with Spatial.

It’s something.

1+2=3

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Spatial Surge skill : Now strikes up to two enemies that it passes through, in addition to the primary target.

I wonder if these GS and Scepter skills are now locked at 1200 and 900 range, respectively. For instance, if you’re shooting someone at point blank range, would the effect still travel to 1200 hitting everyone behind your primary target?

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

No, it’s just intended to hit foes between you and your target.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

I wonder if these GS and Scepter skills are now locked at 1200 and 900 range, respectively. For instance, if you’re shooting someone at point blank range, would the effect still travel to 1200 hitting everyone behind your primary target?

That’s the big question. Everything we’ve been told indicates it still only goes so far as your target, but it could just as easily be a ray skill with a set range that just so happens to use your current target for aiming and makes them a priority to take damage.

A limited piercing type skill would be awesome… But very potent, having used it on a Ranger and Engineer before it can be nasty.

Imagine how your leveling would have have gone with more AoE like that.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I would assume, from the wording, that if you have something more towards the back targeted when you fire off, say, spatial surge, it now has the ability to also hit up to two enemies that wander into / are already in the line of fire between you and that target.

If you target the closest enemy, I would expect that to be the terminal point of the attack, not hitting the others behind it. The idea of "locking" or whatever seems not to be the point of this skill update at all.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

Umm … Stealth did get a nerf. It was mentioned in the general area, not under a specific profession. Revealed was increased by 33% from 3 to 4 seconds.

And I wasn’t so much expecting a shatter nerf as glad to see there was none. Also their comment about the quickness skills was misleading as they said all quickness skills got a duration increase, then I got to the mesmer and guess what TW was the only one that didn’t. Not that it wasn’t expected, but hey they could at least have been honest and said TW is OP so we are nerfing it even more.

Also in the SotG interview they clearly said that beams would not be piercing, and would only hit targets between you and your target.

(edited by pahldus.1678)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I’m rather satisfied with the notes (haven’t logged in to play yet so for all I know 9001 bugs await me.)

Time warp we will mourn your loss. BUT NOW I MAY BE ABLE TO SELFISHLY RUN MASS INVIS AS 90 SEC ESCAPE!

Also does Time Warp even last 10 seconds at its current state? I never counted but it lays felt like… 5 or 6

Jokes aside

I’m just glad shatter didn’t take a hit. It Really felt like the devs were backed into a corner during the live stream. Where they had to imply some kind of nerf, though if this Does turn out to be very OP (which it really shouldn’t) then shatter will get a nerf.

Either way I dunno if it’d replace fury on phants but I think I’m going to try running around with blade training~

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Umm … Stealth did get a nerf. It was mentioned in the general area, not under a specific profession. Revealed was increased by 33% from 3 to 4 seconds.

And I wasn’t so much expecting a shatter nerf as glad to see there was none. Also their comment about the quickness skills was misleading as they said all quickness skills got a duration increase, then I got to the mesmer and guess what TW was the only one that didn’t. Not that it wasn’t expected, but hey they could at least have been honest and said TW is OP so we are nerfing it even more.

Also in the SotG interview they clearly said that beams would not be piercing, and would only hit targets between you and your target.

In this case a stealth nerf is a change not listed in the patch notes, not specifically nerfs to the Stealth mechanic.

As to the beam, it’s likely between your target and you, as I said – everything we have heard thus far would indicate that. It will make the AoE a bit cumbersome to use since you must select a target that allows you to hit the most enemies. Since Mesmers already have a target based mechanic that often requires we choose our targets based on whether or not they’ll be alive before we finish our skill, it means we will have to do a lot of target swapping to fully utilize both.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

OK, it’s a beam between you and your target, but the width is MASSIVE! Not likely intended as such, and it will probably be fixed/nerfed – and soon.

Edit: And they still hit the closer targets even if your primary target is out of range.

UPDATE: OK, the wide beam only seems to happen on LA test dummies, so scratch the huge effects I reported. Sorry for the confusion guys. You can still hit closer targets when your main target is out of range, tho.

(edited by Gaiawolf.8261)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

OK, it’s a beam between you and your target, but the width is MASSIVE! Not likely intended as such, and it will probably be fixed/nerfed – and soon.

Edit: And they still hit the closer targets even if your primary target is out of range.

Ssssshhhh. I want to do massive waves of damage and call it working as intended for a bit. Will make up for my iZerker not cooperating lately. ;-)

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Don’t be a brat. Time warp was OP and you know it.

And the “offset” doesn’t mean jack in most cases. Look at rangers: they got a 1 second increase on duration on Quickening Zephyr, which is only one of their sources of quickness. The quickness on pet swap got no offset either.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryk.9174

Ryk.9174

the change doesnt affect clone attacks

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Harbinger.9645

Oh…but…really? That’s lame.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Dahkeus.8243

Wow, this makes no sense…

did they think that mesmers would suddenly be OP if their clones, who can’t be manually repositioned could do piercing damage?

I have a feeling this was a result of programmers just not wanting to do the work to code this more than balance issues though, I guess.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Harbinger.9645

I have a feeling this was a result of programmers just not wanting to do the work to code this more than balance issues though, I guess.

I hope that’s the case. I would look forward to that functionality being added. I wouldn’t mind putting a bleed on anyone that gets crit by their beams.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

ANet never remembers to change the clone auto-attacks when they modify the actual skill. Why do you think we went so long with Trident Clones that inflicted Confusion? Because in beta the skill inflicted Confusion on enemies and Healed allies minorly (mostly because it was a copy/paste of the Guardian version with a different graphic and confusion tacked on for enemies).

What’s more, when they finally DID update the Trident clones they only changed the enemy effect, the allied effect still does the minor heal.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Oh.. Did they actually rename one of the Mind Stabs like JonP said they would?

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Oh.. Did they actually rename one of the Mind Stabs like JonP said they would?

Don’t hold your breath. 5 months ago he told Rangers that they were aware that that class was the most in need of improvements … 5 months later and they still are getting nerf after nerf, no pet AI, no pet dungeon fixes (except finally agony resist).

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

Confusion Builds have just got even more amazing!

So much to choose from! Scepter+Focus and Staff for CC, Scepter+Focus and GS for Confusion spreading like a Boss!

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mies backfire.9286

mies backfire.9286

Has anyone noticed iLeap’s pathing to be any more reliable. I saw my clone running up and down stairs at full speed earlier, but getting locked up on small hills afterwards. from this thread, they implied they had some sorta fix for it but I’m not sure if he was purely talking about the CD bug or not.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

i think mesmer got a buff overall in this patch.

this is the first patch in which mesmer did not receive a huge nerf

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheYakuza.2137

TheYakuza.2137

What are you talking about? They were nerfed harder then any class in the history of this game so far.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

What are you talking about? They were nerfed harder then any class in the history of this game so far.

…what? The only nerf we received was related to the quickness change – every quickness skill was affected, including the Guardian Elite.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheYakuza.2137

TheYakuza.2137

…what? The only nerf we received was related to the quickness change – every quickness skill was affected, including the Guardian Elite.

The margin to the amount we got nerfed is far higher than any other class. Quickness was our elite skill on a 200 second cool down for 10 seconds. You are cutting a huge amount of the skill directly in half. At least give us something else, we aren’t even needed in dungeons anymore. CoF groups will be 5 man warriors because they got buffed.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Time Warp was nerfed, but so was every similar skill. It’s still plenty potent and worth bringing. If you only play the profession for one skill then it’s inevitable you’ll be disappointed.

(edited by Dastion.3106)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Dahkeus.8243

The margin to the amount we got nerfed is far higher than any other class. Quickness was our elite skill on a 200 second cool down for 10 seconds. You are cutting a huge amount of the skill directly in half. At least give us something else, we aren’t even needed in dungeons anymore. CoF groups will be 5 man warriors because they got buffed.

Time Warp was easily the single most OP skill in the game from a PvE dungeon perspective.

However, even if it wasn’t, rangers rely on quickness more than any other class since they have it up so often from QZ and pet swaps. They were also already the least viable classes in dungeons before the patch and the net result is that their dps is lower with nothing to offset it. (and before you say it, the greatsword change was a joke since it’s a melee weapon that will now, MAYBE hit for as much damage as the short bow).

Also, a nerf to time warp is an indirect nerf to everyone else under the effect of time warp, so this doesn’t just hurt the mesmer.