26 March Patch note.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

The margin to the amount we got nerfed is far higher than any other class. Quickness was our elite skill on a 200 second cool down for 10 seconds. You are cutting a huge amount of the skill directly in half. At least give us something else, we aren’t even needed in dungeons anymore. CoF groups will be 5 man warriors because they got buffed.

Think about what you just said. No, we aren’t needed, nor should we ever be. No class should be needed for any game content. TW was OP for dungeons and golem rushes, now it is just a very good elite to have as a timely party buff and still devastating in coordinated teams, as it should be.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

I’m kind of sad. All of our profession specific skills that the Mesmer is known for have suffered since the Beta. After Portal nerfs and the terrible LoS issues, people said Time Warp would be next, but I didn’t believe it. Once again, not sure why these changes should affect PvE. Time Warp may be OP, but isn’t Hundred Blades also OP in PvE? And adding a 30 second cd to Portal before was just inconvenient and not necessary. It should have just affected PvP. This is the reason I re-rolled a warrior a month ago, because I can only expect minor bug fixes and major nerfs. I still love the Mesmer, but I am definitely tired of unexpected changes that hinder PvE efficiency.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jedge.3619

Jedge.3619

The prestige also seems to have been indirectly hit with the stealth nerf. When you get out of the prestige, the finisher counts as an attack. Not sure if this was intended to stop players from chaining stealth. Either way it is an annoyance when you’re trying to run away and you hit a mob and can’t re-stealth for 4 seconds. It’d be interesting to hear some opinions on this or a developer response. Thanks!

What a Churlundalo

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Blade Training trait: Properly reduces the recharge of Illusionary Leap.

Pretty happy about this one at least!

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Incarmine.1953

Incarmine.1953

They appear to have fixed aquatic spear #1. Can anyone see if they fixed WvW clones appearing without weapons?

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

They appear to have fixed aquatic spear #1. Can anyone see if they fixed WvW clones appearing without weapons?

I believe that was fixed weeks ago.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

LOVING the change on Illusionary Leap!

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sim.8903

sim.8903

Is the buff to spatial surge live on spvp? I tried it out and don’t see a difference

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Love how scepter is more viable now already made a build for it with the improvement in mind. Also love greatsword being multi target but yea timewarp won’t be so OP anymore.

Yes but Fay how is your izerker behaving? everyone seems to be having issues with it bugging.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Time Warp was nerfed, but so was every similar skill. It’s still plenty potent and worth bringing. If you only play the profession for one skill then it’s inevitable you’ll be disappointed.

Honestly, if they had a self-buff dps elite…I’d take that instead. With a 3.5 minute cool down…I’d much rather dump the group utility for something that consistently benefits me in dps or functionality. This is especially true now that it does effectively half of what it used to. It was definitely OP in its effectiveness, but I think it was reasonably balanced by its long cool down. Now its just a long cool down meh ability.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

Confounding Suggestions trait: Reduced the frequency of stunning targets when Diversion is used from 100% of the time to 50%.

Does this mean diversion (before the patch) always stunned the targets with this trait?

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I was surprised at the patch note as well and assume that it was indeed bugged before the update but I had never tested it personally.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Confounding Suggestions trait: Reduced the frequency of stunning targets when Diversion is used from 100% of the time to 50%.

Does this mean diversion (before the patch) always stunned the targets with this trait?

Likely the issue is that whenever a trait changes a skill aspect it isn’t a modular change where you have X effect plus Y traited change. Instead, it replaces the skill entirely.

That’s why, for awhile, slotting Duelist’s Discipline resulted in a Phantasm that dealt less damage and a Magic Bullet that was no longer a projectile finisher and listed the effects backwards (ie it said the stun was the third target).

Diversion used to stun, so when they changed it they missed changing the Confounding Suggestions version, and since this caused a chance to stun anyhow it wasn’t so easy to notice that it was 100% rather than you just getting lucky, since with 2-3 Illusions the odds are in your favor anyhow.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Christos.4208

Christos.4208

Hmmm we can’t fix iduelist range 900 is good leave it like that who cares thank god iberseker hits for 1200 after this patch we are so lucky.. Time warp is an elite skill ok? ELITE SKILL ELITE… iLeap finally we fix it the cd now works with the trait congratulations to evryone lets open a botle of champagne..I GIVE U A CHALENGE THERE ANET HOW ABOUT UNTIL THE GAME CLOSE 1 YEAR U FIX ILEAP now that a true chalenge dont u think?..and finally im bored of these patches hope u never do a signle patch for this year im sick of getting nerf evrytime

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Hmmm we can’t fix iduelist range 900 is good leave it like that who cares thank god iberseker hits for 1200 after this patch we are so lucky.. Time warp is an elite skill ok? ELITE SKILL ELITE… iLeap finally we fix it the cd now works with the trait congratulations to evryone lets open a botle of champagne..I GIVE U A CHALENGE THERE ANET HOW ABOUT UNTIL THE GAME CLOSE 1 YEAR U FIX ILEAP now that a true chalenge dont u think?..and finally im bored of these patches hope u never do a signle patch for this year im sick of getting nerf evrytime

A lot of rage and poor spelling/grammar/punctuation is a dangerous combination.

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

lol We had an OP trait that we didnt even know about… Imagine confounding suggestions+imbued diversion… Whole group shut down… Too bad it was fixed before ti got any real use.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

FLIMP.8172

I did use it but as Dastion said, I just thought I got lucky hahaha. Do stuns stack in duration?

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

I did use it but as Dastion said, I just thought I got lucky hahaha. Do stuns stack in duration?

Nope… But seriously How awesome would imbued+confounding suggestions would have been. haha

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

FLIMP.8172

Yeh… would have been OP! AoE Stun ftw.

Though investing 30 in domination and 30 in illusion is quite a heavy investment. Though I might actually give it a shot despite the fix.

(edited by FLIMP.8172)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aiwe.8371

Aiwe.8371

Finaly ! the iLeap CD is now good, 7sec ! Thanks you, i waited that so long
Thanks for the little up too, iLeap now apply 2 vulnerability stack

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

@Flimp – maybe try this build I posted here?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-Dazed-and-Confused

As Chaos suggested, you could take 10 pts out of chaos, put towards domination to get the stun chance on daze trait …
The build is meant more for carrion armor due to the retaliation damage but could be tried with Rabid as well. May want to take one of the alt traits vs confusing cry in that case.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eddie.6597

Eddie.6597

This patch makes Spatial Surge awesome in WvW you can clear siege on top of walls with the right angle

26 March Patch note.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reidir.6391

Reidir.6391

Too bad they ninja nerfed Signet of Inspiration. It no logner works in WvW on golems. Wish they would put everything in patch notes and stop ninja nerfing.