A Use for Retalitory Demise?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

I like looking at traits that aren’t that popular and seeing if I can make them work in a build.

Currently I’m working on my commanding, as mentioned in my previous thread, so I wanted to put together a retaliation build that could maximize tags, and therefore hopefully rallies. Retal with the defender means lots and lots of tags indeed.

Here’s what I came up with: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhUQNArdWlknpRtFrxSNcrRiuhYaJacySjQ1wSFA-T1xHwACOFA+U+9Qfwp9H8o+TclgAeCAkCgJlWA-w

That last open spot I COULD fit retalitory demise, wich in theory could help me rally on someone that is attacking me while I’m downed. Now I’m not sure this will happen much in a zerg, so it might not make any sense but I’d love to hear your thoughts on it. Maybe I should just rework things a bit and grab feedback to get more tags that way.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

Okay from what I can gather your trying to maximise retal to get tags as a commander?
Firstly, I understand the getting tags part but to do that you need a constant stream of retal. Realistically you’ve got 1 from a block, two that are random (chaos storm and BI) and lastly f2 shatter. Looking at that, that’s not a whole lot. I would recommend exploring feedback and reflects.

Secondly if you are gonna keep trying with this, there is no point trying to maximise retal and go for damage. Retal used to back in the day do a lot of damage, however not any more and I would suggest dropping your zerker trinkets in favour for soliders or even sentinels. This still gives you a little power for your attacks in the zerg however allows you to live for longer which means in this build=more tags.

Just some food for thought….Oh and yeah I wouldn’t recommend retalitory demise it’s a fairly useless trait even in a build like this.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Retaliation scales horrible with power. But if you try to maximize it and don’t mind using guardian, it can deal around 500 damage per hit. This can be achieved if you’re running a guardian with radiant retaliation (retal scales with condi and with better coefficient) + kindled zeal (% of power convert to condi) + carrion armors (power, vit, condi) + scavenger runes (condi boost + % vit convert to condi) set up, which gives maximum retaliation damage I can think of. Without that 33% damage nerf this build can deal up to 700 damage, which is quite respectable imo. Unfortunately that 33% nerf is intended so yeah, 500 it is

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I didn’t even know that we had this trait. What kind of troll gave us this trait?

Oh no! You’re downed! But don’t worry, have this boon!

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

never take this trait…

like ever…

You wont rally, not against a zerg and not against a single player

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet