Addicted to Centaur Runes - Help!

in Mesmer

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Ever since I discovered Centaur runes (many many months ago), I haven’t been able to let them go. I’ve…gotten addicted to the near perma swiftness. There are a few others builds I’d like to try out (Like Osicat’s “hidden cat” build), but no speed makes me a sad mesmer

I primarily PvP and since Pyro’s Immortal mesmer got nerfed, I haven’t used a focus for anything else. Mesmers have no other way to get swiftness and it sucks.

Any suggestions? I have centaur runes hooked up and feeding directly into my bloodstream. How do I get rehab?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

In my opinion, it’s a poor alternative to centaur runes. I like the 25% boost, but the other stats are completely out of whack with my play style – glass cannon. Centaur runes give me power and bleed duration synergizing nicely with sharper images.

In fact, I did some DPS tests and the damage output with centaur runes is easily comparable to scholars and divinity!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

5% dps less than rubi orbs. 9% if you take travelers.
I don’t take into account damage from bleeds nor increased might duration, so should be a little less than 5% and 9%

If you want speed, centaurs are the best option.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Just wish Traveler runes was in sPvP. At least I get to use them in PvE and WvW.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

In my opinion, it’s a poor alternative to centaur runes. I like the 25% boost, but the other stats are completely out of whack with my play style – glass cannon. Centaur runes give me power and bleed duration synergizing nicely with sharper images.

In fact, I did some DPS tests and the damage output with centaur runes is easily comparable to scholars and divinity!

I assumed this thread was a joke, so I replied with a non-serious alternative. If you’re honestly stuck on Centaur Runes because they fit your build so well, why do you need to stop using them?

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Probably for the same reason as me.

I mean, centaur runes really fit well in my build (I think). However, I would also like to try out perplexity runes. Or maybe a build using runes of the noble. Or maybe try out a lockdown-build, using runes of the mesmer. Or maybe go all tanky with melandru runes for a zerg-build. Or or or or or… but I do NOT want to move around like a snail. I do NOT want to be unable to escape if needed. I do NOT want to always use focus for every build (with that being said; focus alone would often not be enough to keep up with your zerg… that’s why I’ve initially began to use centaur runes). I also do NOT want to be unable to get to a keep that’s being attacked before it’s lost, just because I took forever to get there.

So ya. Centaur runes are great, I really like them in my build. But I would also like to try other things, but I really… can’t. I need centaur runes badly; it’s like they are absolutely necessary to make myself feel viable/competitive. So I can simply not try out all the other nice options, because without the swiftness from centaur runes, I simply would not even get to try them… because I’d simply be way too slow.

Conclusion: I love my centaur runes. Still, I sometimes look a bit sad at all the other amazing runes out there, knowing that I’ll never be able to actually try them out. Because as it is, centaur runes are an absolute necessity for me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

well you can try Travelers rune you have boon duration condition duration 10 to all stats 2%crit x3 and 25% movement speed

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I’ve been using centaur runes on my engineer since beta, and it is a no brainer for a roaming mesmer as well. They are just too good not to have.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Mesmer

Posted by: twity.4732

twity.4732

Honestly I’ve had the same problem… I top level tPvp and have recently switched over to Traveller runes to make room for the new signet (can’t pop heals every 20 secs). Honestly, the increased output of dmg from the signet makes up for the lack of desired stats on the traveller runes. not to mention you’ll never be screwed over with a gank while your heal is down, which is nice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

I think the real problem lies in the fact that mesmers have no Signets with passive runspeed OR passive power bonuses. Additionally most of the popular builds don’t involve going far down the Power (Domination) trait tree. Consequently many mesmers are pushed towards Centaur Runes and similar gear itemizations to compensation for it.

While Phantasmal Warden is by no means useless, it would be nice to be able to use pistol or sword in my offhand more often, and expermiment with Runes of Scholar/Strength among others, as well as be able to roam around without having my heal on perma-cooldown.

This has been a recurring concern since release. Maybe one day they’ll address it. Until then we’re stuck with Centaur runes.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

‘’Searching through the list of runes’’
What about… oh wait no speed hm…
Oh! Maybe you can use…. oh kitten again no speed…
Ohohoh! Found one! Rune of the centaur!