Advice requested on weapon-stats and sigils/runes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jayblah.4682

Jayblah.4682

Currently, my Mesmer is wearing 6/6 exotic Knight’s (Tough>Power=Precision) pieces slotted with 6 Superior Rune of the Centaur. My Mesmer is also wearing 6/6 exotic Berserker’s jewelry (Power > Precision, Crit Damage).

I’m not sure which exotic weapon-stats I should be going for. Do I want to ramp up my damage at the cost of survival by taking Berserker stats in my weaponry (typically Greatsword with Sword/Pistol or Sword/Focus swap)?

Alternatively, should I add some HP to my build by favoring weapons with Power/Precision/Vitality (edit: Meant Power/Crit Damage/Vitality)? My build already has an added 250 Vitality from 25-points in Inspiration. Despite that, I’m at approximately 18.5K HP without buffs.

Or should I go full-bore survival-stats with Power/Toughness/Vitality badge-weaponry?

Regarding Sigils and Runes for weaponry: What combination have people found to be the most potent? I’m looking for something that greatly improves DPS on the Greatsword (e.g. Sigil of Air or Flame), and Sigils/Runes that empower my character’s stats (e.g. stack-based upgrades) on the swap.

Please advise with your thoughts. Please keep in mind this build is strictly focused on WvWvW. I don’t care about sPvP or PvE efficacy.

(edited by Jayblah.4682)

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I’d imagine your crit is pretty high since all pieces have precision. Your toughness should also be at least decent with 6/6 Knights.

If you want to increase damage, while still helping out somewhat with your survivability, I’d consider the Valkyrie stat (Power> Crit Damage=Vit) on your weapon.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jayblah.4682

Jayblah.4682

I’d imagine your crit is pretty high since all pieces have precision. Your toughness should also be at least decent with 6/6 Knights.

If you want to increase damage, while still helping out somewhat with your survivability, I’d consider the Valkyrie stat (Power> Crit Damage=Vit) on your weapon.

Thanks for your advice. I’m going off memory here, but I am currently >2100 in Power, around a 50% crit-rate, and with approximately 1400 Toughness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ATourist.8359

ATourist.8359

Personally I’d say you have enough toughness and can afford to use berserker’s for your weapon. Ultimately it would depend on your playstyle and your experience during WvW. Do you find yourself more with large groups or small ones? Probably need more toughness with smaller groups as you’ll get higher chances of getting targeted. With larger groups once you’re targeted and stray far from your allies, toughness won’t help much.

Also do you stay long in melee range? That’s another thing to factor in.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Now my question is what kind of runes do I want. Do I want to go straight gems or consider a set of some sort.

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Regarding Sigils I was doing some looking around and there is a really good write up on Superior sigil of fire on reddit and a few other sigils.

I’m condi spec so I run precision, toughness, and condition damage full exotic, Khilbon set. I have 55% crit chance 58% when I’m running sword/focus with sword traited.

Sword/Pistol setup is Superior sigil of fire/Superior Sigil of force for +5% all outgoing damage. Which includes when fire procs. So far I am loving it alot. I have the stacking sigil set up on my scepter for condi damage and my other sword but right now I don’t think I need it.

I would say fire for sure since we do lack a bit in the aoe department. Fire helps that. It will proc from your shatters also. I run staff for pve and put it on my staff and it really makes staff better imo as I really dont like staff that much but adding that has made me like it a bit more cause it will proc from chaos storm pretty often also with bounce from auto attack gives more chances from 1200 range.

I don’t really like the swap sigil because all sigil icd affects the others. So if you have say Swap for poison or life steal and its 9 sec cd it will effect the cooldown of fires 5 sec basically making it so that you can’t proc the fire for 9 seconds. So that is something to consider.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Im undercided about main set for wvwvw but for a swap try:
scepter & pistol and put on signet of domination (in any pvp setting a 2 sec stun if amazing)
There is a +% duration stun sigil for like 15% and im not sure but i think two will stack with eachother so use two. If not well just one and other of your choice.

Open with the magic bullet to stun and then —> use signet and eDuelist and then channel that scepter skill (Confusing images i think) is amazing dmg all by itself. And what makes it even better is its 5 confusion stacks. So after being stun locked (even if they break it you may be lucky and hit them with signet AFTER depending on how bad they didnt want to be stunned with bullet) and channel beamed for some good dmg they are going to be anxious to spam something but with 5 stacks of confusing (even with zero points into condition dmg) it hurts. Now granted if they are smart they will just use a condition removal but we are talking about wvw where any lvl 2 and up can join. You would be surprised.

TBH in wvw setting i would just go full on glass cannon with beserker gear and use the ranger runes. Also recommend GS and mantra of pain (i know i know it sucks charging it but its GOD for dps certainly when traited for 3 tics). Sigil i would just put in a +5% crit chance or if you never die because you are pro go with 25 stacks of preception for +12% crit chance. Honestly if you get 25 stacks and keep them thats pretty cool and in any case should still swap out for a weapon with +5% after getting 25 stacks.

I know it may be tempting to add defensive stuff to build but tbh mesmers are glass cannons and they have clones and stealth for a reason. If you are still getting killed its because the mob you were in pulled back and you were left out front. Well thats my take anyhow ;-)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Damage, damage and damage!
Remember, we have tons of survival.
Therefore, I’d work on full berserker. 6x valkyrie orbs in armor if you feel like squishy.
Works good anywhere – dungeons, general pve, www.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Damage, damage and damage!
Remember, we have tons of survival.
Therefore, I’d work on full berserker. 6x valkyrie orbs in armor if you feel like squishy.
Works good anywhere – dungeons, general pve, www.

What are valkyrie orbs? I cannot find those on the gw2 wiki.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

Just a small note, if you plan on doing any “acting like a clone” gameplay (standing still and auto-attacking to see if they fall for it while other things are recharging or you did a bunch of wickety whackity movement things while spawning them and you think they could be confused now). The stacks of some of those sigils/runes don’t show on your clones as far as I know making you stand out as a different character :S

(edited by psirca.9452)

in Mesmer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

how do you manage to get +1200 Power, +500 Toughness, 50%crit AND +342 Vitality? oO

@xavi: thats the ‘Beryl’-Stuff: Beryl Shars, Beryl Crystals, Beryl Orbs.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold