Agony help

Agony help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

Hey people I need help please. I just started doing fractals on my Mesmer (love him best class I think) and am about to hit level 10 personal fractals.
Now I know I need agony resist from 10 upwards but how do I know how much I need?
Any help would be great.

Thanks alot

Agony help

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Just 10 AR would reduce Agony damage down to 1% for level 10-19. A clear table is shown in the link below.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony
You don’t need to reduce it all the way to 1% though, tanking through 6% per tick isn’t too difficult, and 12% is still manageable, but it gets a relatively harder for mesmer to recover later on. Remember to avoid healing during agony unless you absolutely have to, as it reduces healing by 50%.

Agony help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

Ah wow thanks loads for the man

Agony help

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

most agony in the game is dodgable. if you do get hit, you can hit a panic distortion button to stop the agony.

Agony help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

most agony in the game is dodgable. if you do get hit, you can hit a panic distortion button to stop the agony.

This doesn’t work. Distortion will allow you to dodge most of the agony-applying attacks, but there’s no way to actually avoid agony damage.

Agony help

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You don’t need resistance at 10. Just tank any you catch.

Agony help

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

This doesn’t work. Distortion will allow you to dodge most of the agony-applying attacks, but there’s no way to actually avoid agony damage.

your right, I havnt tried it in awhile since they added gear check fracts. It too me awhile to test it because mossman aim is so bad and he constantly wants to melee

Agony help

in Mesmer

Posted by: ToxicToothpick.4396

ToxicToothpick.4396

It’s a health percentage, so it’s actually one of the least threatening things to classes that get one shot by almost everything.

Like Mesmer.

Agony help

in Mesmer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

It’s a health percentage, so it’s actually one of the least threatening things to classes that get one shot by almost everything.

Like Mesmer.

Mesmers are one of the easiest class to play melee, though. Mesmer is nothing compared to ele or thief.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.