Ahem 1,2,3 MAINHAND Pistol ya ya ya

in Mesmer

Posted by: BiscaWolf.4237

BiscaWolf.4237

Lol haven’t seen it in I don’t know 2 weeks lOl this is just my plea post to the lovely Areanet team for us mesmers , i wonder at the logic of only off hand pistol is our main Hand to weak to hold a pistol lOl

[Lilith Algais : lvl 80 Mesmer ]
Merc
[Sea of Sorrows ]

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

I second this, scepter is just too lame for such an amazing profession

in Mesmer

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Agreed for a simple reason. I like Mesmer off-hand weapons (aka, focus and pistol mainly).

Now I like the sword main-hand but that is melee so I cannot have sword/focus+sword/pistol, and scepter/pistol or scepter/focus is kinda lame. I’m not a scepter fan. So I end up with sword/focus and some 2h weapon quite often which isn’t quite what I want.

A pistol main hand would let people like me have more enjoyment for sure.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

In fact, we should just remove scepter from Mesmer and replace it with Pistol, for one, Pistol looks cooler, and two. . . I cannot for the life of me think of one ultra slick deceptive character in any fiction ever, that wielded a scepter. Sailor Moon doesn’t count, she wasn’t ultra slick.

Or rather. . . kittenit, she was ultra slick. . . I remember that night well. /sigh. I’ve completely ruined my whole argument.

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

Pistol main could be fun.

I’m imagining #3 could teleport you all around your target in a circle at random while firing at them, creating a clone partway through. “Wheel-lock of Fortune?”

in Mesmer

Posted by: shenhua.2186

shenhua.2186

I’d much rather see another melee weapon for Mesmer. Preferably Dagger or Axe. I would like it if the dagger for example was more offensive than say the Off-hand Sword and had something useful like the lolPistol has.

(edited by shenhua.2186)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Dagger off hand and pistol main hand are 2 things I’d like to see in the future.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I still don’t get why exactly. Sure, more skills, but the current ones aren’t even balanced. Adding more is throwing fuel onto the fire.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I like my scepter – what is wrong with you angry mobs.
Here’s an idea, not EVERY weapon will fit your playstyle.
They are there for other people too using other builds.

I DON’T see a sword as better than my scepter or that greatsword as better though the majority of posters couldn’t sleep without that tingy annoying weapon. I go out of my way to kill mesmers with a greatsword because I can’t stand that sound.

Devs, these people do NOT speak for this mesmer.
We need some polls or something, everything I see requested for mesmers wouldn’t work for me at all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Am I the only one that actually likes scepter and torch? =]

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

I want a Pistol main hand, I really do.
I’d want to see some mind-friggery moves such as one that sends you behind your foe in a semi-circle movement that leaves a clone at your starting position.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

Agreed, there are so many times I need to use an offhand in a ranged situation and I just dread whipping out the confusion based scepter (to fill the other hand) in PvE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowDemon.1937

ShadowDemon.1937

I would love a pistol main hand! Would be so cool!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kilauea.4217

Kilauea.4217

What would the odds be of getting MH pistol and some sort of viable AOE with it?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Am I the only one that actually likes scepter and torch? =]

I quite like the torch, hate the sceptre though. And as I really like focus off-hand above the other off-hands for swiftness sake, I feel I can’t use these weapons. I don’t want 2 sword main hands because sometimes you need range.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Mesmer

Foosnark.1784

I run staff as main, and am not particularly happy with sword/focus.

With the staff I am always moving and often queueing attacks. I find it too awkward to break that habit when switching to sword, so I always wind up interrupting Sword 2. Sword 3 doesn’t have enough range to engage hostile melee enemies with before they start running toward you. Focus 4 is fantastic of course. Illusory Warden is pretty good if it’s not being attacked and its target stays still. Sword 1 is very lackluster compared to Staff 1. And when you get down to it, I just don’t really want to be in melee with this character.

I haven’t tried scepter in a while and might have to, despite popular opinion being against it. But I’d certainly welcome being able to play Pistol/Focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

I run staff as main, and am not particularly happy with sword/focus.

With the staff I am always moving and often queueing attacks. I find it too awkward to break that habit when switching to sword, so I always wind up interrupting Sword 2. Sword 3 doesn’t have enough range to engage hostile melee enemies with before they start running toward you. Focus 4 is fantastic of course. Illusory Warden is pretty good if it’s not being attacked and its target stays still. Sword 1 is very lackluster compared to Staff 1. And when you get down to it, I just don’t really want to be in melee with this character.

I haven’t tried scepter in a while and might have to, despite popular opinion being against it. But I’d certainly welcome being able to play Pistol/Focus.

Sword 3 is a leap finisher…. use it in mid to melee range in a field to proc auras like chaos armor and root the subject to take the brunt of your sword #2 plus shatters… don’t think of it as a gap closer, think of it as a way to hold someone still while you nuke them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

I’ve always hoped to have main hand pistol.

To cosplay my iDuelist.

in Mesmer

Foosnark.1784

Sword 3 is a leap finisher…. use it in mid to melee range in a field to proc auras like chaos armor and root the subject to take the brunt of your sword #2 plus shatters… don’t think of it as a gap closer, think of it as a way to hold someone still while you nuke them.

I probably just need more practice with sword/focus to make the most of them, but honestly I like Staff so much more that I rarely want to switch out of it. Staff 2 is a leap finisher with a shorter cooldown than Sword 3 for instance.

I’m not necessarily looking for a weapon set to stand well on its own, so much as one that complements Staff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Three words:

Lyss and Ilya

So yes, I’d like to see the Pistol as a mainhand option as that seemed to have been the original intention which sadly did not make it in at launch.

(they need to fix the material requirements for Lyss though as it currently requires twice the amount of Mystic Coins compared to Ilya)

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I probably just need more practice with sword/focus to make the most of them, but honestly I like Staff so much more that I rarely want to switch out of it. Staff 2 is a leap finisher with a shorter cooldown than Sword 3 for instance.

One thing to keep in mind, Sword #3 is bugged in regards to the -20% CD trait.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Spuckuk.7083

Spuckuk.7083

I would love a pistol or other mid-range mainhand weapon. The scepter really doesnt feel very useful for non-confusion/condition builds

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Well then how about we fix the already existent Scepter to be more universally useful?

in Mesmer

Foosnark.1784

Why not have pistol primary AND fix scepter?

(As for my general dislike of sword main: after spending some more time with each weapon combo last night, I do like it a little better than I did, and my memory is refreshed about how poor scepter is, and torch too. But I like Greatsword more. I’ve taken to opening fights with it, and if there are survivors, switching to Staff to sweep up the mess.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nanoha.3892

Nanoha.3892

I would just love to have pistol main hand. Sceptor is just too poor for me and the lack of a suitable one handed ranged weapon makes all the lovely off hands go to waste. I normally run Sword/Pistol but there are times when using a sword isn’t viable but I still want the offhand skills. If the number 1 skill on scepter didn’t summon a clone I would be a bit happier.

I could think of some interestign main hand pistol skills. Would like to see soemthing like sword 3, summon a clone on the oppsoite side of the enemy that you can swap places with if you want (would go well with the whole confuse the enemy with misdirection thing). That’d be great for confusion. Some kind of charge skill would fit well with pistol 5.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crumbs.7643

Crumbs.7643

Honestly I feel that the main-hand pistol isn’t necessary, for a couple of reasons:

Reason 1: We already have a ranged power-based weapon, the Greatsword.

It’s a fantastic ranged weapon, allowing you to weave in and out from mid-range to long-range, and it has some fantastic AoE from Mirror Blade and the Berserker. In mid-range, your mirror blade gives you Might and you can utilize your pushback, and in long-range your Spatial Surge deals maximum damage. Of course there is a debate on the usefulness of Mind Stab, but asides from that, the weapon is very solid.

Reason 2: The Sceptre has the potential to be a hell of a wicked weapon.

If they made the skill 1 chain hit nearly instantly, the speed of the sceptre auto-attack makes up for the weaker damage. Because the chained skills are only used once the previous attack hits the target, the chain is actually much slower than it should be. By the way, the Mesmer’s sceptre chain is the only chain ability that has a projectile. I would love to see the sceptre bolts become something akin to Ether Tear, where the bolts rapidly travel through the air and rip their target, like the necromancer’s axe abilities.

As well, I’d like to see the Illusionary Counter skill to be changed. It doesn’t make sense to put it on a weapon that is going to remain ranged, and while the blind is very nice, the skill slot itself seems to be used very rarely. Blurred Frenzy on the Sword is an absolutely devastating skill that fits with the weapon from a tactical standpoint. I can’t see why Illusionary Counter be changed to a ranged attack that meshes well with the conditions the weapon’s other skills apply.

I could go on about the Sceptre, but I’ll reserve the suggestions for another thread.

(Mesmer) Ceuthonymos – Nothern Shiverpeaks

in Mesmer

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

MH pistol should not replace scepter. It’s a good weapon in some builds (cond confusion based shatter with scepter is awesome in some pvp situations) and i kinda like it.
A mh pistol would be a good add though, there are no 1h ranged weapons a mesmer can use in a phantasm based build for example (scepter keeps overriding your phantasm so no, you won’t use it)

And there’s this: why can the mesmer hold a pistol in off hand only..? is he a cripple..? pistols require no effort in using it, just pull the trigger..it’s not like a thief who can’t use a sword in oh due to it’s weight or things like that..

in Mesmer

Foosnark.1784

Honestly I feel that the main-hand pistol isn’t necessary, for a couple of reasons:

It’s a fantastic ranged weapon…

Yes, it is, but you may have noticed it doesn’t look or act anything at all like a pistol — some people want the aesthetics of a duelist here, not just another thing that goes pew. Also obviously, greatsword can’t be used with an offhand weapon.

Main-hand pistol necessary? No. Potentially very cool? Yes.

Reason 2: The Sceptre has the potential to be a hell of a wicked weapon…

And then you explain how all that requires is drastically fixing one skill and replacing another… that’s two out of three. Might as well say that mainhand pistol has the potential to be a wicked weapon.

As others have said, it’d be nice if Mesmers had an AOE tagging weapon. That could be a spray of magical somethingorother from a completely redesigned scepter… or it could be a hail of condition-carrying bullets from a pistol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crumbs.7643

Crumbs.7643

It’s a fantastic ranged weapon…

Yes, it is, but you may have noticed it doesn’t look or act anything at all like a pistol — some people want the aesthetics of a duelist here, not just another thing that goes pew. Also obviously, greatsword can’t be used with an offhand weapon.

Main-hand pistol necessary? No. Potentially very cool? Yes.

Reason 2: The Sceptre has the potential to be a hell of a wicked weapon…

And then you explain how all that requires is drastically fixing one skill and replacing another… that’s two out of three. Might as well say that mainhand pistol has the potential to be a wicked weapon.

As others have said, it’d be nice if Mesmers had an AOE tagging weapon. That could be a spray of magical somethingorother from a completely redesigned scepter… or it could be a hail of condition-carrying bullets from a pistol.

Mm, I don’t feel that the changes are that drastic. For skill 1, it’s a change of projectile type and speed, as opposed to writing a new skill which may do the same thing. As for DE tagging, I firmly believe that a change to the Greatsword’s Mind Stab would do the trick.

I mean, I get that it would be super awesome for a new weapon, but in terms of ease of developing modifications, wouldn’t it make sense to modify existing skills than implement a new weapon?

I guess I’d feel more inclined to introducing a new weapon if there is a clear role that weapon could fulfill. Aesthetics are nice, but I’m a firm believer in practicality first.

(Mesmer) Ceuthonymos – Nothern Shiverpeaks

in Mesmer

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

One of the main issues is that mesmer has only one way (not so sure about that but i think that’s the only class in the game) to get some swiftness. So focus in OH is often an obliged choice. Mesmer lack a direct damage ranged 1h weapon so mh pistol should help a lot those that don’t want to renounce to the swiftness for ranged direct damage (gs) sake. (in pve, especially while leveling, i found gs/staff a kinda cool choice but i had to drop swiftness, that’s quite annoying..)

in Mesmer

Posted by: gymdawg.6347

gymdawg.6347

Honestly, MH pistol could be used to fill some holes in our skill set. Maybe the auto could be a two targeted hit, with maybe weakness?

Another skill I’d really like to see is an imaginary hail of bullets? an AOE rain skill isn’t in the mesmer’s skill set.

Just food for thought.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raiden Omega.7825

Raiden Omega.7825

I’m with those that like the scepter MH. It is my personal favorite. I love the play style of it with sword. If it were to be replaced with pistol, I’d probably just quit the mesmer. It’s a very defensive play style.

Oh, and as for the guy that said that he gets extremely annoyed by the sound of the greatsword, I agree 100%. I can’t stand even looking at a greatsword on my mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

YES! i would like to unload my load with dual pistols (sounded wrong lolz). It makes no sense not able to do it too. Dualist can HAZ it, i can wield a freaking GS but not pistol main hand hahahah love anets design logic.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

If you compare the mesmer weaponset to the other casting class, necromancer, you can clearly see that mesmer is missing a weapon. Ele’s have the capability of doing either condition damage or power damage with any weapon, so they are irrelevant for this discussion.

Necromancers have 3 mainhand weapons: The dagger, for close range damage; The scepter, for mid-range condition damage; The axe, for mid-range power damage. These 3 weapons are the basic makeup of the different builds possible with a mainhand weapon.

Now you look at mesmer. The mesmer only has 2 mainhand weapons: The scepter, for mid-range condition damage; The sword, for close range damage. As you can see, the mesmer is obviously missing a weapon, and this is where mainhand pistol should be introduced. Why the ArenaNet decided to neglect to include this essential part of our weaponset, I can’t say. I can say, however, that this absolutely needs to be fixed.

Additionally, while the scepter is our mid-range condition damage weapon, it is completely unacceptable in its current form, and needs to be revamped.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Food for thought. 2 “sister” pistols exist in game: Ilya and Lyss.

For those who haven’t caught it yet, Ilya and Lyss are the 2 halves (for lack of better wording) of Lyssa.

What better way to honor the patron goddess of mesmers, than to be able to use both sister weapons together?

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Mesmer

Posted by: deltanium.7543

deltanium.7543

While I would agree to see pistol as main hand, I feel that pistol should be defined properly prior to integration to fit a certain playstyle.

GS: Essentially a sniper weapon, insisting on long range and direct damage, much like Ranger’s longbow with a decent amount combo finisher.

Staff: Long range condition damage with combo field and support.

Septer: Long range condition damage damage weapon with emphasis on cloning generation.

Therefore, I would suggest that pistol should be a mid-range weapon(600-900 or long range with the trait) that would deal mainly direct damage with an emphasis on projectile finishers. Maybe something akin to a ranger’s shortbow with a lesser emphasis on mobility(Mesmer’s mobility is good enough without weapon skills).

Suggested skill-set:
1: Ethereal shot: A basic auto-attack with 20% projectile finisher, maybe with a chain leading to a third-shot-effect such as 100% projectile finisher(Making utility combo-field more worthwhile and not being OP silly).
2: Deflected shot: Creates a clone at the targetted area. The clone fires a first empowered shot that has 100% projectile finisher at the targetted ennemy. The clone is stationnary and fires ethereal shot afterward. This could be useful if an object or a field such as smokescreen would otherwise nullify the effect of a shot despite the mesmer being blocked or obstructed.
3: Suppressing fire: Channelled ability that causes weakness and cripple in the targetted area. Furthermore, random projectiles (Projectile finisher 20%) are shot in an arc between the mesmer and the targetted area. This would provide the mesmer profession with a bit of AoE proficiency while not being necessarely a strong one.

Adding a pistol as mainhand would not require any trait alteration or addition and would be a niche appeal for mesmer. Plus, pistol is a rather unused weapon(Thief and engineer being the only one, with mesmer as only offhand use).

The only problem I would see with this addition is that it should be part of a greater patch with more profession-weapon association modification such as hammer for engineer and other additions for underused weapons for niche-needing professions. From Anet’s perspective, such addition would add a refreshing wind to the game and I could see why it would not be released anytime soon.

Therefore, I am not saying it is a must or that the Mesmer profession would suffer from it, but I am of the opinion that it would make a great addition and I would definitely use it should it be added to the game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lukia.4728

Lukia.4728

Adding to the MH pistol support! Though I don’t think it should replace scepter. It always bothered me that the illusionary duelist could dual-wield pistols but yet mesmers themselves can’t.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BiscaWolf.4237

BiscaWolf.4237

Since we seemed to be hit with the bat yet again we need new weapons more then ever plz give us more choice main hand pistol or even that double dagger post sounded good

[Lilith Algais : lvl 80 Mesmer ]
Merc
[Sea of Sorrows ]

in Mesmer

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

+1 to MH pistol (no need to remove scepter tho). Now that my GS build was destroyed in the last patch and need to totally change gear + playstyle, I’m looking for something in exchange for it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

it’s because mesmers are right handed and can only wield pistol in right hand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Karrayon.7351

Karrayon.7351

Yay! I think that would be amazing if mesmer could get MH pistol. I believe that Anet will give us double guns Also – like above – double daggers would be nice too

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anastasia.8697

Anastasia.8697

Agreed. Knowing Anet they’d probably make us suck, but give us more options for ranged mainhand weapon than a scepter, please, it’s a joke.

Or allow me to be ambidextrous and wield a focus and pistol together regardless!