Alacrity on Rev. Well played, Anet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ILYAVI.6192

ILYAVI.6192

You take a special skill from a SPECIALIZATION class and give to another class that has no relation at all to the skill in an attempt to make it better support?
Are you serious? You give increase heals, aegis, whatever support you can give not frkn specialization effect…

Keep heading in this direction. Well done.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Welcome to every other “exclusive” ability in the game.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Every other exclusive effect is still exclusive though, your comment doesn’t make sense. Warrior banners are exclusive. Ranger’s spotter, spirits and gotl is still exclusive. Engi got a new exclusive effect. Rev has assassin’s presence. Thief gets partywide unblockable attacks via basiliks venom. etc etc

in Mesmer

Posted by: Starmiz.3298

Starmiz.3298

There are already multiple threads about this yet you thought it was a good idea to make a new one?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Every other exclusive effect is still exclusive though, your comment doesn’t make sense. Warrior banners are exclusive. Ranger’s spotter, spirits and gotl is still exclusive. Engi got a new exclusive effect. Rev has assassin’s presence. Thief gets partywide unblockable attacks via basiliks venom. etc etc

Yes… I would expect that utilities and traits are exclusive. Status effects with many sources aside from only a single trait or a single utility skill have never remained exclusive.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Why are you kittening? We got buffs….so kittening what if they gave Alacrity to a Legend no rev in this game will ever use.

Why is this sub forum so full of self entitled players who refuse to actually see the bigger picture of this game? Keep quiet before Anet hot fixes our buffs away. The players who know the big picture know that we should ALL keep mum…..we got away with one here fellas.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Yes… I would expect that utilities and traits are exclusive. Status effects with many sources aside from only a single trait or a single utility skill have never remained exclusive.

You would expect that utilities remain exclusive, but not exclusive class mechanics? You aren’t making any sense here man

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Why are you kittening? We got buffs….so kittening what if they gave Alacrity to a Legend no rev in this game will ever use.

Why is this sub forum so full of self entitled players who refuse to actually see the bigger picture of this game? Keep quiet before Anet hot fixes our buffs away. The players who know the big picture know that we should ALL keep mum…..we got away with one here fellas.

So, I should be happy to have ‘paid for’ a specialization that is no longer a specialization? I should be willing to give up anything for the good of the game?

It doesn’t matter.. Mesmer got buffs right? I suppose you’d be happy swinging a sword like a warrior, yes?

It doesn’t matter that Mesmer is a unique profession with it’s own identity. We should be willing to hand that to revenant because…. reasons… right?

That sounds a bit too close to religion or some segments of current politics for me.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Obviously some people do care. Don’t be an kitten just because this is an online forum

in Mesmer

Ithilwen.1529

This is what Robert Gee said on the official ANET blog:

“Think Fast
Specializing in chronomancy grants mesmers access, through traits and skills, to a new effect called alacrity. Alacrity functions as the inverse of chill by speeding up skill recharges rather than slowing them down. Chronomancy is the only specialization allowed access to this powerful effect, and chronomancers can share alacrity with allies in limited situations, making them an incredibly powerful ally to have in any party."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-chronomancer-mesmers-elite-specialization/

The bold text is mine. This statement is not true.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Sad to see people that can’t understand something beyond their own desires … in an MMO… I don’t even get the issue here … like a skill being exclusive to your class affects how you play the game or what satisfaction you get from it? Is that serious? It’s shallow at best if you do somehow derive some satisfaction from it. Some things you just get over because you know … being reasonable? maybe understanding there is a greater importance?

and no, you didn’t ‘pay for’ the game because of some exclusivity to a skill. That’s ridiculous.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Mesmer

Ithilwen.1529

Uhm yes a skill being exclusive to my class is a big reason to choose that class.

Otherwise, everyone would simply warrior and choose different dyes. If I wanted to be the same as everyone else.. I’d play streetfighter or OW.

Choosing and customizing your gameplay is integral to GW2 and related games.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Obtena.7952

Like I said … that’s a very shallow reason, not really worthy of consideration when making decisions to expand access of skills across classes.

And no, even classes that share skills are just ‘simply warriors with different dyes’. They are still significantly different in playstyle and still allows for choosing and customizing your gameplay … shared skills doesn’t have any relation to that whatsoever as a matter of fact.

If that’s your stance, it’s extremely flawed in logic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

This is what Robert Gee said on the official ANET blog:

“Think Fast
Specializing in chronomancy grants mesmers access, through traits and skills, to a new effect called alacrity. Alacrity functions as the inverse of chill by speeding up skill recharges rather than slowing them down. Chronomancy is the only specialization allowed access to this powerful effect, and chronomancers can share alacrity with allies in limited situations, making them an incredibly powerful ally to have in any party."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-chronomancer-mesmers-elite-specialization/

The bold text is mine. This statement is not true.

Breaking that statement shouldn’t have come as a surprise.

They already broke the “chronomancers can share alacrity with allies in limited situations” on launch by making group alacrity so common that a chronomancer could maintain 100% alacrity uptime on multiple allies without requiring any kind of unusual situation, then nerfed alacrity because it was too easily available for how strong it was without adjusting chronomancer/mesmer cool downs to compensate for it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: holychampion.7386

holychampion.7386

Guardians’ Aegis say hello…

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

So, I should be happy to have ‘paid for’ a specialization that is no longer a specialization? I should be willing to give up anything for the good of the game?

It doesn’t matter.. Mesmer got buffs right? I suppose you’d be happy swinging a sword like a warrior, yes?

It doesn’t matter that Mesmer is a unique profession with it’s own identity. We should be willing to hand that to revenant because…. reasons… right?

That sounds a bit too close to religion or some segments of current politics for me.

Bookmarking this thread for future reference to use in any thread you post in now.

I’m a mesmer and I’d share Alacrity with a new class ever patch if it gets me buffs instead of nerfs.

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

If that is true, I propose that you may not understand “diversity” and/or dislike Mesmer.

Your post history tends to suggest the latter. Care to comment?

I enjoy mesmer thus I main mesmer.

My post history is of someone who is more interested in balance and competitive play based on skillful play. You don’t agree b/c you are biased and after watching the video you posted on the PvP forums I can understand why. Same with OriOri here. He’s been complaining about thieves for a long time only to not know what consume plasma is the entire time.

While you refuse to see the bigger picture I’m already staring at it seeing whats actually wrong.

in Mesmer

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Alacrity is nothing else than a buff like stealth, invulnerability, blurr etc.
These buffs are not bound to a class and rev has to use heal ventari for alacrity and take a trait that is totally altruistic. Its only useful in group gameplay and chronos can get use of alacrity for selfish purposes and has better access to it.
The only problem with alacrity in rev is that it doesnt fit the class in visuals and theme.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Alacrity was a elite spec exclusive effect, just like GotL, and it was given away to a core rev spec. It wasn’t like stealth or invuln because it was designed with chrono and only chrono in mind.

And going off of your argument, banners and spotter/Assassins presence/etc etc should all be shared as well because they are just buffs that “are not bound to a class”.

Basically all of the arguments I’ve seen for sharing alacrity are bad arguments, because they would also necessitate sharing banners and other unique effects around. The only argument that is a good one is that alacrity was too powerful to be kept as a chrono exclusive. But then again, the same argument can still be made for GotL since its still a 10% group DPS boost.

in Mesmer

Obtena.7952

What makes you think eventually similar skills won’t get shared? I mean … how many classes ‘share’ shouts? Traps? Stat team buffs? Runspeed trait? TONS of effects are ported to other classes. The arguments for sharing Alacrity, good or bad, are irrelevant. It’s DONE. The question is if there are improvements to the way Rev doles out Alacrity, not whether Rev should have it or not.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Skill types and unique class effects are not the same thing. Some people are having a really hard time with the notion that alacrity was a special effect that was deemed too powerful to be kept to a single class, yet none of the other ones were deemed that powerful?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

I kind of have the feeling that we get a new unique thing with the next elite and I’d also say that the reveal is not too far off.
They said that they wanted to give rev alacrity for a longer time now (or make alacrity more accessible in general) but didn’t do it probably because they expected the saltwave of mesmers coming at them. But with them now giving alacrity out feels like they have something else in store for mesmer and therefore no need to keep it exklusive anymore. What if they even give alacrity out on purpose now so that people can’t cry about “omg mes got a unique buff again wth!”?
Idk, just a idea i had. Too optimistic?

(edited by Takashiro.8701)

in Mesmer

Obtena.7952

Skill types and unique class effects are not the same thing. Some people are having a really hard time with the notion that alacrity was a special effect that was deemed too powerful to be kept to a single class, yet none of the other ones were deemed that powerful?

1. I don’t see the difference
2. I don’t think Alacrity is a unique class effect … SHATTERING is a unique class effect, STEALING is a unique class effect, VIRTUES are a unique class effect. Alacrity is just a boon, like any other boon with no reasoning that it shouldn’t be available to other classes like any other boon. Personally, I think it’s simply a matter of people ignoring game evolution that this is a problem and that’s really unrealistic in an MMO.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

You would expect that utilities remain exclusive, but not exclusive class mechanics? You aren’t making any sense here man

alacrity isnt the chronomancers class mechanic though, continuum split is. alacrity is a buff that, until now, was previously only available to mesmers. similarly to how aegis used to be available to guardian only.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

Alacry isnt the chronomancer exclusive mechanic. Let me say what are exclusive mechanics and will always be exclusive:
Alacry is not chorno mechanic, wells neither ( necros already have wells).
Its Continuum Split this is a mechanic and its exclusive for chrono no other class will have it ever.
For Druid its the Astral form, not GotL i’m sure that future elite especialization will have GotL, its just a boon, and boons are not exclusive.
For berserker its the berserker transformation, Daredevil its the 3 dodge, DH its not the trap, its the virtues, Eng its the gyro, Reaper its the new transformation, Elementalist its the overload mechanic and so on.
And you should be happy that alacry is not exclusive for chronomancer if it was you would never play the new especialazitions because nothing would be on the same level of chrono buffs, which is unhealth and unfun, imagine next exp hits, everyone raiding with the new elites, but mesmer had to stick will chrono because of alacry.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I don’t think that there is a point in being too upset about Alacrity being given away. Especially not when quoting passages of statements which where made at some point in past. We all know that those don’t withstand time. Just look at class descriptions.

Do like it? Probably not – I’m a Mesmer main after all (my Ventari Revenant loves it though, although there still is quite a way too go…). I was more annoyed about all the fuss about boon sharing or before Tempest Warhorn was nerfed. Because we were talking about a specific playstyle there and not a simple boon or buff.

Is it justifiable? It totally is from a balance and gameplay stand point. As it stands now, it it’s perfectly fine because the roles which provide Alacrity on Mesmers and Revenants don’t overlap. And while the animation doesn’t fit Ventari at all, the effect itself does make sense themewise if you don’t limit the concept of Alacrity to manipulation of time rather than including motivating your party.

Personally, I’m just very happy that ANet is extending on giving Phantasm- and Illusion-skills additional effects. While I’m not too excited about most of those effects I appretiate the acknowledgment that generating an Illusion isn’t always feasible as sole purpose of a skill. I might actually try shelfing my Shield and play Sw/Sw for fun again because that weapon set gained some defensive capabilities.

Adding functionality to Illusion skills is something we have discussed on the forum quite frequently and it’s great that they listened. Let’s hope to see more of this. Soon and not in 3-6 months. And I’d love if they also revisted changes which limit functionality because of Illusions (namely Sw#3). That aside, I still hope that there will be yet another bigger trait rework like we had before HoT. Some traitlines desperately need it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

“Chronomancy is the only specialization allowed access to this powerful effect”

Revenant is a profession that channels other professions.

Pretend Ventari was a chronomancer during his life.

The developers haven’t broken their promise. A class that can quasi-shapeshift into a Mesmer will gain alacrity.

Lore comes before your petty pride.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Spotter, GoTL, Assassins Presence are traits not effects, all traits are unique. Effects are not unique.

Stealth, Superpeed, Auras, and yes Alacrity are effects and no they have never been unique however there has always been one class that identifies with certain effects more than other classes.

Utility skill types like banners are not guaranteed to be unique. For example Wells where Necro exclusive until Chrono happened. Physical skills where Warrior exclusive until Daredevel happened, Glyphs where Ele exclusive until Druid happened.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Mesmer

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

I always thought the iDefender to be mesmers Spotter/Assassin’s Presence etc., even though it’s not a trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Hahaa now revs are purple 2 mesmers influence is growing we allready have most powerful npcs on our side soon we will consume revenants also ? we will be rulers of gw2 soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Utility skill types like banners are not guaranteed to be unique. For example Wells where Necro exclusive until Chrono happened. Physical skills where Warrior exclusive until Daredevel happened, Glyphs where Ele exclusive until Druid happened.

this is the problem: people would not mind if they give alicrity to a new class / spec which pop up.

but to add it on a class that already exist, is cheap.
even worse to add it to a core class. I mean…. it sound like …. wtf.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

this is the problem: people would not mind if they give alicrity to a new class / spec which pop up.

but to add it on a class that already exist, is cheap.
even worse to add it to a core class. I mean…. it sound like …. wtf.

How would that be any better? Just look at what happened to Heat Sync.

Giving it to Revenants was a very smart move because they benefit less from it than most other classes – meaning it mainly buffs their support. The other contestant would have been Thief. Additionally, Salvation is still rather weak.

Just imgaine they would have given it to Glint. That would have been aweful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Necromancer’s “unique” condition of Torment from Shroud (3 stacks) wants to have a chat with you.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Honestly, I think it’s a bad move from anet to give alacrity to a core legend of the revenant. It belittle the credibility of their statement when they released the elite specializations. Another thing is that Ventari have no relation with “time” which is the thematic behind alacrity. It would have been ok if this boon had been introduced on a legend that have a link with a “time” thematic because revenant are literally sponge that release the essence of their legend throught skills.

As for the difference between professions, I believe that more than skills or effects, the real difference lie in gameplay. The mesmer possess an unique gameplay that I personnally enjoy, you could even that say “love”. Alacrity do almost nothing to this gameplay, alacrity along with slow just add a “time” thematic to it. Alacrity to ventari just add incoherence to a legend that was struggling to find a place in the game. Anet could probably have fixed the issue in a different way but they chose the easy way without care for coherence.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Mesmer

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Alacrity was a elite spec exclusive effect, just like GotL, and it was given away to a core rev spec. It wasn’t like stealth or invuln because it was designed with chrono and only chrono in mind.

And going off of your argument, banners and spotter/Assassins presence/etc etc should all be shared as well because they are just buffs that “are not bound to a class”.

Basically all of the arguments I’ve seen for sharing alacrity are bad arguments, because they would also necessitate sharing banners and other unique effects around. The only argument that is a good one is that alacrity was too powerful to be kept as a chrono exclusive. But then again, the same argument can still be made for GotL since its still a 10% group DPS boost.

If you have another class that has a trait that would give a group 10% dmg it wouldnt be a GotL ripoff it would just be a dmg buff trait.Of course it would have some inpact and would rival GotL but it will not lead to the downfall of druids because of this. Basically if the tablet would shorten the CD on skills similar like Alacrity would do it but it wouldnt have the same name and effect it would have the same function.
It it still bound to an altruistic trait and changes the usefullness of ventari, but chronos still have better alacrity uptime and ventari tablet revs are now basically the backup of chronos in raids.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

They gave alacrity to revs?
Hahahahaha, I’m so glad I quit this game a year ago. They just don’t learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

They gave alacrity to revs?
Hahahahaha, I’m so glad I quit this game a year ago. They just don’t learn.

your on the forums of a game you quit a year ago? bro go do …… things

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

If you have another class that has a trait that would give a group 10% dmg it wouldnt be a GotL ripoff it would just be a dmg buff trait.Of course it would have some inpact and would rival GotL but it will not lead to the downfall of druids because of this. Basically if the tablet would shorten the CD on skills similar like Alacrity would do it but it wouldnt have the same name and effect it would have the same function.
It it still bound to an altruistic trait and changes the usefullness of ventari, but chronos still have better alacrity uptime and ventari tablet revs are now basically the backup of chronos in raids.

Fully agreed.

Although, independent of what I as a Chronomancer main might or might not think about Alacrity on the tablet, it’s just a bad fit for the Rev. Extra effect? Cool! Alacrity specifically? Utter rubbish in 3 seconds and on a class which has ~0 personal benefit from it.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: GLaDOS.5897

GLaDOS.5897

I think that giving alacrity to revenant was the best thing that could happen to mesmers.

Alacrity is so good, people have grown so dependant to it, that no matter how good the next elite specialization will be, it can not compete with chronomancer (unless it gives alacrity too). So revenant got alacrity on a core legend ? Fine. It doesn’t affect out hability to spread quickness anyway (mosty tied to core mesmer). By the way, you will notice that even if revenant can spread alacrity, they are nowhere near as good as chronomancers at doing so. And by not giving it to Glint, they do not tie revenant to herald, either.

By doing that, Anet just opened us the door to another elite specialization without completely removing alacrity from a party.

Taaun We – Vizunah Square (EUW/FR)

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

No, as always the problem is that ANet is ignoring their own design goals.

Back when the Chronomancer was announced, it was an effect which made the Chrono cycle CDs faster, a core element of selecting the spec, together with very rarely providing it to allies in a limited manner.

And then what happened? AWTEW, Shield Phantasms and WoR.

Solid work, team! /s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

No, as always the problem is that ANet is ignoring their own design goals.

If only they could ignore a tiny bit their design goal on necromancer… But I agree, something that’s supposed to be exclusive to an unique elite spec shouldn’t have spread to another profession. Especially on a revenant legend that have absolutely no relation with “time”. In my opinion Anet should have used a different “boon” (is alacrity even a boon?)

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

Alacry need to be shared with other classes, its healthy, and by far the revenant is the smartest choice, because he cant benefit from it so no power creep. Now imagine if an Ele or Engi had acess to alacry that would be a huge power spike for them and would need a lot of nerfs because of it.

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

Alacry need to be shared with other classes, its healthy, and by far the revenant is the smartest choice, because he cant benefit from it so no power creep. Now imagine if an Ele or Engi had acess to alacry that would be a huge power spike for them and would need a lot of nerfs because of it.

Except they can benefit from it a great deal.

On this episode of Mythbusters we discuss the recent patch.

1: Anet said alacrity would be unique to chronomancy- true

• however they did not say the specialization would be unique to Mesmer
  • Engie/Revenant are able to mimic/invoke the powers of other professions
  • if Anet chooses, Salvation is a sub-specialization of Chronomancy,
  • its not far off given that our time related light fields (temporal rift, well of eternity), have all the functions of the tablet.
  • i.e Alacrity is unique to those specialized in chronomancy, Revenants can specialize in Centaur chronomancy.

2: Alacrity barely benefits Revenants/Ventari – busted

• Alacrity doesn’t benefit energy, but they still have cds.
  • infuse light cd is reduced by ~3 to ~8 seconds.
  • And when you can put out 10k heals every 2 seconds, speeding that to every 1.5 is a noticeable healing per second increase.
  • its not nerf worthy, but it definitely helps them

3: Mesmer still puts out more alacrity – kinda busted

• ventari has 75% uptime on Alacrity,
  • without avengers Mesmers can’t even reach 75% uptime
  • given that avengers can be destroy and the tablet cannot, in some instances Mesmers are inferior at sharing alacrity
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Alacrity uptime aside, its also significantly harder for chronos to generate alacrity for party members than it is for the rev. They share 3 seconds of it every time they use natural harmony, which requires 4 seconds to refill the energy cost.

The only source of alacrity that chronos have that generates similar amounts of alacrity is WoR that generates 5 sec of alacrity on a 35 sec recharge. The only other sources for party wide alacrity from chronos is 2 seconds at the end of wells and iAvenger.

I’m honestly more upset about Revs having easier access to party alacrity than chronos do than I am about revs getting alacrity. It should be dialed back to 2 sec of alacrity on natural harmony for revs, and some of the sources of alacrity for chronos should be buffed up as well.

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

Alacrity uptime aside, its also significantly harder for chronos to generate alacrity for party members than it is for the rev. They share 3 seconds of it every time they use natural harmony, which requires 4 seconds to refill the energy cost.

The only source of alacrity that chronos have that generates similar amounts of alacrity is WoR that generates 5 sec of alacrity on a 35 sec recharge. The only other sources for party wide alacrity from chronos is 2 seconds at the end of wells and iAvenger.

I’m honestly more upset about Revs having easier access to party alacrity than chronos do than I am about revs getting alacrity. It should be dialed back to 2 sec of alacrity on natural harmony for revs, and some of the sources of alacrity for chronos should be buffed up as well.

You don’t understand how the energy system works then.

Revenants gain on demand near perma (usually) sustain of abilities taken from other professions. But they lose multitasking from the resource constraints.

A mesmer can sustain alacrity, and projectile denial.

A revenant can perma 75% alacrity, OR perma projectile denial

So would you allow 80% of your weapon skills to be disabled, and lose the ability to share boons, if it meant easier access?

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

I don’t misunderstand it. Ventari is meant as a healing and support legend. You don’t use ventari to be dealing damage. With the high base healing and healing power scaling on Natural Harmony, along with the guaranteed 15% boost in effectiveness if revs are giving out alacrity, a Ventari rev can be giving out absolutely insane healing. Within hours of the patch going live, there were pics of Revs healing 14k at once. And now they can give 75% uptime on alacrity on top of having absolutely insane heals.

It wasn’t meant to be a damage dealing legend, but that doesn’t change that it still has huge group support through those massive heals and high alacrity uptime. And a healing/support rev could still reflect projectiles without leaving ventari as long as he is willing to just not get 75% uptime on alacrity. But even 50% uptime would be possible while still bringing decent amounts of projectile hate.

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

[quote=6513761;OriOri.8724:]

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

I don’t misunderstand it. Ventari is meant as a healing and support legend. You don’t use ventari to be dealing damage. With the high base healing and healing power scaling on Natural Harmony, along with the guaranteed 15% boost in effectiveness if revs are giving out alacrity, a Ventari rev can be giving out absolutely insane healing. Within hours of the patch going live, there were pics of Revs healing 14k at once. And now they can give 75% uptime on alacrity on top of having absolutely insane heals.

It wasn’t meant to be a damage dealing legend, but that doesn’t change that it still has huge group support through those massive heals and high alacrity uptime. And a healing/support rev could still reflect projectiles without leaving ventari as long as he is willing to just not get 75% uptime on alacrity. But even 50% uptime would be possible while still bringing decent amounts of projectile hate.

Then you are misunderstanding it.

A mesmer can easily get above 50% uptime, bring much better projectile hate, and share perma quickness. The amount the revenant would heal while juggling multiple tasks is less than the damage avoided by killing faster.

When revenants multitask they perform worse than the associated classes.

Moreover whether its healing/boons/alacrity/etc they are across the board worse at burst.

For instance if you want to see insane heals add up the Druid burst heal rotation.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I think Ori’s point was that as a Mesmer, I sink everything into that Quickness/Alacrity support. That’s it. I don’t do anything else really.

As far as comparing the healers go, their high Alacrity uptime is a passive byproduct of the highest raw HPS output. Which to be fair is fine, don’t get me wrong. Absolutely not. More than happy the game finally has an actually strong healer (Druid is just damage buffs + some healing, tbh), and I like how mechanics shackle them to a clumsy mechanic rather than making the healing as weak as most skills are in GW2.

But looking at the Mesmer then, why is our design so broken? Yes it’s much older, but come on devs, something is entirely wrong here. Even if we decide that “raid buffs” is a thing now, codify them properly. If Quickness is supposed to be a passive buff, give us an elite signet of quickness, which gives 10 people quickness (dunno about the active).

OTOH, if Quickness was originally meant as a burst thing, then re-do Time Warp and remove all other sources: 10 targets, 20 seconds duration, 200% Quickness. Not affected by Concentration, not actually a boon.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Yup Carrighan nailed it. I think you still missed what I was trying to say Daniel Handler. Even though chrono can bring more utility than a healing rev can, we have to invest everything into our alacrity rotation, and keep a very strict rotation if we even hope to get that high while maintaining quickness. Yet rev literally presses 1 button and has as high of an alacrity uptime as we can pull off. Its annoying to say the least.

Rev has a minor trait that has better alacrity generation than anything that Chrono got. Even our shatters can’t generate 75% alacrity uptime on just ourselves, and they involve a bunch of skills intertwining to both summon the illusions and then destroy them.

Its very annoying that Rev has it so incredibly easy to keep such a high alacrity uptime while chrono has to work their kitten off, relatively speaking, to get anywhere near that for party members.