Alacrity sound almost causes tinnitus :(

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Heya ANet, I’d really appreciate it if you could change the sound of alacrity. The current ingame “whistle” is so high, it’s extremly unpleasant to my ears. Some people out there even have major problems with such high frequency sounds.

Thank you.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Would implementing an equalizer help? Because I totally could go for that :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

While you’re at it, the buzzing on Chronophantasma butterflies and the “squelching” sound of blinding dissipation are equally unpleasant.

Especially the Chronophantasma buzzing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

While you’re at it, the buzzing on Chronophantasma butterflies and the “squelching” sound of blinding dissipation are equally unpleasant.

Especially the Chronophantasma buzzing.

And someone really hates Signet of Inspiration.

And while you’re revamping sounds, the new warhorn sounds almost as bad as the old one. Switch it for something deeper, like the Horn of Helm Hammerhand :P
As it is, warhorns sound like elementary students who can’t play their trumpet yet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Yeah the ele warhorn skills in particular sound quite fartworthy.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

All sounds are fine, please don’t change them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I honestly have no problem with the sounds either. Playing a Chronomancer since HoT launched and had no issues with the sound. Honestly I’ve yet to figure out what makes that sound of an old music box (probably of the wells) but I’m loving it. Please don’t change that one.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The only sounds I hear are the screams of my enemies.

That and “Killshot!”

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

So I’m the only one who has a problem with it :| Well gotta live with it then

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

So I’m the only one who has a problem with it :| Well gotta live with it then

I think you can edit your settings in game to alter this, but correct me if I’m wrong.

OP you are in a bit of a bind. All of our skills either make sound like or both.

Instead of counting to determine length of chaos storm I listen to the tone it makes. I hear an enemy portal before I see it and I rarely catch sight of a prestige but I always hear it. All of these sounds are high pitch as part of class design for both balance and artistic reasons.

You thought they just meant lore when they say mesmers assault the senses?

Harness your superpower and charge people for mesmer sweeps.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Stop, close or leave the thread topic, no more remove sound of mesmer, they had removed the sound effect attack of iAvenger and now is very silence and boring, please stop of talk that topic, It is destructive for mesmer style, if the sound bothers you, lower the volume or mute play, but do not destroy more sounds of effects mesmer, the one effecto of attack of iAvenger is had destroyed for the same topic, please, stop, not removed sound effect of mesmer.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I didn’t say “remove” the sound. I said “change it”. I play with sound so I can hear skills before they happen, with a headset even to hear WHERE they come from. Sound is important for me, yet it’s not good if my main profession with such a high alacrity uptime sorta hurts my hearing :/ I really love all the mesmer sounds, alacrity is an exception tough.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

OP you’re not alone. It took me awhile to figure out that it was alacrity that was making that noise. Thought it was my desk’s keyboard slides or my chair that was making that squeaking noise. Not a fan of it myself either, but I try to ignore it. Usually works with all the other sounds going on, but during downtime between fights I just grit my teeth and wait it out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

I didn’t say “remove” the sound. I said “change it”. I play with sound so I can hear skills before they happen, with a headset even to hear WHERE they come from. Sound is important for me, yet it’s not good if my main profession with such a high alacrity uptime sorta hurts my hearing :/ I really love all the mesmer sounds, alacrity is an exception tough.

Doesnt your hearing get hurt by Mesmer portal or by chaos storm or by the prestige? I think the problem is that you are hearing this one too long, I assume you would have the same problem if you stood next to a portal for too long.

I see no problem with them lowering the sound other than perhaps artistic issues. It telegraphs enough anyway with the flames.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

All the other sounds are at a WAY lower ferquency. I totally enjoy chaos storm and portal sounds. Alacrity is just a different level … x.x

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

Yeah the ele warhorn skills in particular sound quite fartworthy.

lmao this is too much