All Mirage Skills and Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

Honestly, by the looks of how things have shaped up, I fully expect power shatter mirage to be the default spec for PvP, at least initially. Mirage enables power shatter so rediculously well on paper.

Start with:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfhk1qBz0Q50gKzQzTAZAWwyB-TZxHABXXGw/HAw3HBgx3fAgTBAA

Mirage: Self Deception, Shards of Glass, Elusive Mind

Heal: False Oasis, Ether Feast, or Mirror depending on matchup

Utility: Illusionary Ambush

Elite: Jaunt

Optional runes: Lynx for additional mobiliy, Pack all around, Lyssa against overwhelming condition teams, Scholar

Optional amulet: Berserker

Role: DPS roamer, Asssasin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

None of this fixes the problem of Power shatter that the initial burst won’t finish off any decent spec and we have no follow up damage to get the kill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

None of this fixes the problem of Power shatter that the initial burst won’t finish off any decent spec and we have no follow up damage to get the kill.

Power shatter is a +1 roamer. I think I understand what you are saying, but I’m not sure where you are going with it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

Honestly, by the looks of how things have shaped up, I fully expect power shatter mirage to be the default spec for PvP, at least initially. Mirage enables power shatter so rediculously well on paper.

Start with:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfhk1qBz0Q50gKzQzTAZAWwyB-TZxHABXXGw/HAw3HBgx3fAgTBAA

Mirage: Self Deception, Shards of Glass, Elusive Mind

Heal: False Oasis, Ether Feast, or Mirror depending on matchup

Utility: Illusionary Ambush

Elite: Jaunt

Optional runes: Lynx for additional mobiliy, Pack all around, Lyssa against overwhelming condition teams, Scholar

Optional amulet: Berserker

Role: DPS roamer, Asssasin

Eh… for Power Shatter the longer I think more about it, Chrono is a lot better. Sure the additional mobility is nice, but Gravity Well, Continuum Split and Illusion Shatter traits work better for Power Shatter.

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I just don’t like that with Infinite Horizon you don’t get much more since daze doesn’t stack.

Would have been nice to have a good power build with Mirage but looks like that’s not what Anet wants.

If you run Domination, 5 stacks of vulnerability (innate) for the Daze, and traited, daze is 1s Stun every 5s(7.5 with 0 endurance under vigor though, which you’ll probably always have).
You can go full interrupt within the same traitline:
-3 more vulnerability stacks on interrupt (innate)
-3 seconds of quickness
-Power Block for 1k damage+Weakness(+15s cooldown)

If you get all 8 stacks of vulnerability(even more if clones can also daze, should you take that trait) you’ll get 4% extra damage(total of 12%) thanks to the third minor trait that provides bonus damage for vulnerability.

Basically, this may be one of the best-synergizing skills I’ve ever seen but no surely there’s no hope for power mesmer, power mesmer is dead, rip.

Sorry I didn’t clarify myself properly. Without Infinite Horizon yeah, the daze is very useful. A clone generating, dazing gapcloser sounds fairly good & Domi line has great synergy with it.

The point I was trying to make is how the Infinite Horizon trait barely does anything for this ambush.

What’s the point of having sword clones do the same thing you do at the same time. Daze doesn’t stack and since Infinite Horizon makes your clones ambush at the same time it won’t trigger the traits multiple times. And I doubt it will be easy to set your clones up at a large distance from eachother to make them not hit the target at the same time.

Would be cool if the sword ambush did more damage, but the daze effect is only applied to you, or something like that.

One thing I can think of is maybe you can spawn 3 other clones (staff, scepter, axe or maybe even gs) and then swap to sword and dodge into ambush.
Since the sword ambush has the shortest cast time you can daze (or stun when traited) with sword ambush to combo your other clones ambush attacks. (for less damage since you won’t do any strong ambush yourself.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

(+1 is not a role.)

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I have multiple things to say, but they can be summed up with the word “disappointed”. I’ll try it out, but we aren’t getting anything too interesting with this Elite Spec that pertains to our core specs.

For instance, we’re getting a bunch of teleports, why not give us a trait that effects or activates when teleporting?

Or the fact that our Ambush skills are underwhelming in effect that it just doesn’t feel like it’s anything especially “new”. They’re slightly better versions of our Auto. I guess the idea is that we have more access to it, but that’s another thing.

The idea of Mirrors seems very gimmicky, like we have to go out of our way to make it work very specifically. They’re inconvenient mechanics where we might have to put ourselves in disadvantageous positions to get them off. Nobody else seems to have this tradeoff. The closest I can think of his the Engineer’s Holo, but they at least have skills at their convenience to take advantage of their momentary disadvantage.

I’ll see how it plays out, but just based on what I’ve seen, I’m not very excited.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I just don’t like that with Infinite Horizon you don’t get much more since daze doesn’t stack.

Would have been nice to have a good power build with Mirage but looks like that’s not what Anet wants.

If you run Domination, 5 stacks of vulnerability (innate) for the Daze, and traited, daze is 1s Stun every 5s(7.5 with 0 endurance under vigor though, which you’ll probably always have).
-3 seconds of quickness

If you get all 8 stacks of vulnerability(even more if clones can also daze, should you take that trait) you’ll get 4% extra damage(total of 12%) thanks to the third minor trait that provides bonus damage for vulnerability.

Basically, this may be one of the best-synergizing skills I’ve ever seen but no surely there’s no hope for power mesmer, power mesmer is dead, rip.

Sorry I didn’t clarify myself properly. Without Infinite Horizon yeah, the daze is very useful. A clone generating, dazing gapcloser sounds fairly good & Domi line has great synergy with it.

The point I was trying to make is how the Infinite Horizon trait barely does anything for this ambush.

What’s the point of having sword clones do the same thing you do at the same time. Daze doesn’t stack and since Infinite Horizon makes your clones ambush at the same time it won’t trigger the traits multiple times. And I doubt it will be easy to set your clones up at a large distance from eachother to make them not hit the target at the same time.

Would be cool if the sword ambush did more damage, but the daze effect is only applied to you, or something like that.

One thing I can think of is maybe you can spawn 3 other clones (staff, scepter, axe or maybe even gs) and then swap to sword and dodge into ambush.
Since the sword ambush has the shortest cast time you can daze (or stun when traited) with sword ambush to combo your other clones ambush attacks. (for less damage since you won’t do any strong ambush yourself.)

You could sword ambush directly into F1, especially as illusions won’t have superspeed on shatter so this will help bring them directly on the target – kind of like an alternative version of axe 3 just without the teleport.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

-3 seconds of quickness

You could sword ambush directly into F1, especially as illusions won’t have superspeed on shatter so this will help bring them directly on the target – kind of like an alternative version of axe 3 just without the teleport.

the clone sword ambush summons will be at your original location ,unless you meant anyhing else?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

-3 seconds of quickness

the clone sword ambush summons will be at your original location ,unless you meant anyhing else?

Ah true – although I meant other sword clones already active would also leap to your target.

Yeah that means one would be left behind so you’d only get a 3 illusion point blank shatter rather than 4 illusion shatter (counting self) – well the third clone would have to run to the target but the other two would leap with you.

Also assuming no phantasms out.

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

Yeah that would be alright too.
Was also thinking maybe the opposite of what i mentioned before would be possible too.
Summon a sword clone, swap weapons, spawn a few scepter/staff/axe clones & ambush, the clone will daze/stun while the rest can attack while the enemy is stunned. (at least this would somehow make use of infinite horizon on sword clones.)

But it all depends on how fast & reactive the clone ambushes are.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

On a separate note – just watching the stream now and witnessing the insane amounts of damage so far on spellbreaker and scourge, I’m shaking my head – how the hell do people like WP think mirage is overtuned for damage when looking at the insane numbers being put out by these other classes so far?

I mean that sand shade on the group of golems in insane – makes staff ambush that WP previewed look tame in comparison.

I can’t wait to see how ridiculous the rest of the classes are in terms of damage output.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Yeah I don’t know how anybody can watch that stream and not see how badly we are getting shafted.

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

Honestly I don’t think they really tried to “dps” during that stream. It looked more like showing off skills & things they could do.
The weapons they used weren’t the best, didn’t have 3 clones up most of the time, the traits they used didn’t seem great either…

That being said, I do think that other classes look a bit crazy so far. Deadeye doing a 11k hit with rifle #4, Firebrand doing insane burning, Scourge having very wide spread damage.

Either way I don’t think Mirage will be a good DPS spec other than “maybe” single target encounters. And now maybe encounters that require target swapping.

Got a question though, does Elusive Mind trigger from getting Mirage Cloak from utility skills?
Edit: I’m assuming it doesn’t. Would make Deceptive Evasion even more op on Mirage. Also it specifies “dodging.”

(edited by glenndevis.8327)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Showing of GS ambush skill in a rabid amulet, yep – great demo of one of the ambush attacks we haven’t seen! No matter, we’ll all see how gutted or amazing we are tomorrow.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

Ah, yeah, fair enough.

I do think there’s some merit to your multiple-clone idea though, and in fact that may be the point. It’s not just the mesmer who can use the daze; you throw a sword clone out, swap weapons, and as long as that clone is out you potentially have access to an extra interrupt no matter what weapon you’re using.

In fact, I can see both sword and staff clones as intended as a supporting ambush rather than intended to be fully stocked up and utilized; in this manner, maybe I can see why that one leak said clones are supposed to be used like phantasms(or however it went…). They become a utility rather than mere ammunition, so mesmer gameplay becomes a little less linear. This makes sense, given that it’s unreasonable to expect to have three of any single clone out for an ambush.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Honestly I don’t think they really tried to “dps” during that stream. It looked more like showing off skills & things they could do.
The weapons they used weren’t the best, didn’t have 3 clones up most of the time, the traits they used didn’t seem great either…

That being said, I do think that other classes look a bit crazy so far. Deadeye doing a 11k hit with rifle #4, Firebrand doing insane burning, Scourge having very wide spread damage.

Either way I don’t think Mirage will be a good DPS spec other than “maybe” single target encounters. And now maybe encounters that require target swapping.

Got a question though, does Elusive Mind trigger from getting Mirage Cloak from utility skills?
Edit: I’m assuming it doesn’t. Would make Deceptive Evasion even more op on Mirage. Also it specifies “dodging.”

As it says dodge, I’m imagining Elusive Mind is dodge only, not other evades or mirage cloaks.

Would be ridiculously OP if it was any evade, and in any case I’m not looking forward to almost certain nerfs it will receive. I hope they go gently and just put an icd on the stunbreak or something if it gets out of hand…

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

Ah, yeah, fair enough.

I do think there’s some merit to your multiple-clone idea though, and in fact that may be the point. It’s not just the mesmer who can use the daze; you throw a sword clone out, swap weapons, and as long as that clone is out you potentially have access to an extra interrupt no matter what weapon you’re using.

In fact, I can see both sword and staff clones as intended as a supporting ambush rather than intended to be fully stocked up and utilized; in this manner, maybe I can see why that one leak said clones are supposed to be used like phantasms(or however it went…). They become a utility rather than mere ammunition, so mesmer gameplay becomes a little less linear. This makes sense, given that it’s unreasonable to expect to have three of any single clone out for an ambush.

I like the idea of clones actually being useful. Mesmers will require to keep an eye on their clones, be aware of which clones you have, which ones you want for your next move, where your clones are while still trying to be decieving & setting up everything fast enough so your clones don’t get cleaved down before you do something.

I never liked the shatter playstyle because it kinda takes away a lot of that.

I think there are a LOT of small details about how Mirage works that might change things completely and enable a lot of combos.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Axe 2’s cooldown is 4s traited! :o

You can literally spam it back to back and it recharges stupidly fast. Loving it!

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Intersting – you can teleport stomp with Jaunt. Wasn’t expecting that but phase retreat into Jaunt works.

Also Elusive Mind is actually worse than I was expecting – the condi clear isn’t so great as dodges run out too fast and the stunbreak looks unnecessary. Infinite Horizon seems the superior trait, especially on things like Staff ambush if you position yourself between your staff clones and your target.

Ok you can sword leap without a target – that’s AMAZING! :o some incredible mobility right there.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

The axe trait summons the extra axe on the third skill in the auto attack chain for both you and your clones.

Combine with Infinate Horizon and Sharper images thats not bad condi stacks. Throw in shatters and the crazy low cooldown on axe 2 to get them back up after a shatter and we might be looking at better dps then at least our current condi build without all the hassle of long cooldowns on Phantasms.

Of course its hard to tell in the PvP lobby attacking a golem that everybody else is attacking. Clones are still pretty squishy too.

Edit: And I forgot that Torment and Confusion passive damage is less in PvP. I’m even more possitive now.

Axe 2’s cooldown is 4s traited! :o

You can literally spam it back to back and it recharges stupidly fast. Loving it!

Low cooldowns on a Mesmer skill, crazy.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I’m so torn between sword scepter and axe right now.

Axe has really good condi damage and low cooldowns, but the fact that sword ambush can be used untargeted is a free 600 range leap every time you dodge which is INSANE mobility.

I mean between two sword ambushes, jaunt, blink and phase retreat you can cover a huge amount of ground very quickly.

And of course scepter ambush is as good as it looks, with nice animation on asura.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I just don’t know why the sword (and GS) ambush can’t have good damage on it.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Yeah.

Also is it me or is axe 3 (and Illusionary Ambush)‘s targeting broken? I mean it doesn’t seem to do what it says it should do and blinks you to random places, often not near your target.

in Mesmer

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

Yeah.

Also is it me or is axe 3 (and Illusionary Ambush)‘s targeting broken? I mean it doesn’t seem to do what it says it should do and blinks you to random places, often not near your target.

It was also detargetin me from my current target… Strange