All phantasms now utterly broken.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TrevorEh.6915

TrevorEh.6915

Devs, please please read the previous two posts. Give us our mesmer back!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

As I just read the comments Jon posted recently in the ranger forum, I assume now that he is aware of what we wrote in our mesmer threads and that he does not need any information anymore.

Furthermore I now think the 14th december patch will:
1. fix the phantasm delay to a point which is as closest to 0 sec delay or at least 0.25 sec
2. fix the berserker missing AND damage problem

Apart from that the mesmer and his bugs have a long way to go, but that will help a lot to instantly restore mesmers to what they have been before they got massively bugged by the two last patches.

in Mesmer

TrevorEh.6915

we can only hope.

Thanks for the info.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Actually I’d prefer the beta delay on phantasms (0.5s) or even an higher one. As long as they work as originally intended, not 3x evade-able.

- They’ll be summoned as long as range and LoS is given. (failed summon gives 50% CD)
- All phantasms have a delay before their initial attack. Their damage should be comparable to other professions’ skills. While other skills have no delay, Phantasms stay out and attack again after their attack delay or can be shattered.
- Melee Phantasms (or all) are invulnerable until their first attack is fired or shattered.
- Fix iWardens follow range to its AoE, not 900.

Optional:
- Make phantasms initial regeneration’s AoE ~900.

I think those things are like the original idea of phantasms before they have been cross-patch-balanced.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lare.9512

lare.9512

Nothing needs to be changed, the code is already there. The only operation needed to fix this issues is the SVN rollback to the code prior the LoS “fixing”. Devs do the SVN rollback and release a new build. Bugfix ETA is hours not weeks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Memento Mori.5217

Memento Mori.5217

Please hotfix it like all software house do, You can’t force us to change spec or play with broken one for another week.
Not all like shatter or condition builds. I don’t care about damage but this delay is worthless, phantasm dies before attack so often now.
It’s hard to believe a fix like that requires more then two days…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Good solo vid. It’s just a good display of phantasm/clone control, proper kiting, and build knowledge.

I don’t take it so much as being spit at that a boss can be solo’d, and the boss isn’t poorly designed considering I watch the spider queen wreck 5 man groups. It’s the same with Lupicus being solo’d by a warrior – it just goes to show that knowing the game, knowing your character, and playing well will take you far.
There are buffs I could give to the spider queen, and I’m sure there’s nerfs we can do to the mesmer – but none of which would be a result of this video. Spider Queen is a solid enough encounter for the lowest level dungeon, and OP is just good at playing the game.
I’d be very interested in seeing Kholer Solo’d! Good luck!

You’d better be careful with such statements, this can easily result in an excrement storm considering the latest mesmer “bugfixes”.

True enough. I don’t do skill balancing, I do content work, so I can’t speak for the system designers who do that stuff. But having shown this off to them and made them aware of it, they just saw it as good play, not about an OP skill. So I don’t think there are any nerfs coming to mesmers due to this video, or to warriors about the Lupicus video.

So he thinks there will not be nerfs for things shown in the video of a mesmer soloing Queen Spider, but he is still sure there are nerfs they can do to the mesmer

Iruwen is right, it’s not my intention to troll, but devs please….
I believe I can cry.

Is it true that you think it needs further nerfs?
(sorry for my poor english .-.)

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

LOS should stay… it’s something all classes have to deal with.

Blind/block/dodge causing multi hitting phantasm attacks to not occur needs to go. No other class has to deal with their multi hitting attacks not occuring at all due to a single blind/block/dodge. The first hit of these attacks should miss instead like with all other classes. If they feel illusions are still too strong with even rules, nerf them in other ways. They still need be reliably generated for the mesmer class to function at higher levels of PvP.

Phantasm delay will be reduced to .25s in the next patch according to the dev. I would like the cast times to be reduced by .25s to make up for the delay. The dev’s said that instant attacks from the phantasms weren’t OP but were causing some other non-specified issues (and the instantly attacking phantasms were caused by a bug in the first place).

Bugged phantasm damage should be fixed in the next patch according to the devs. (I hope this includes izerker’s missing on the first spin otherwise the damage output of this skill is still bugged)

If these major issues aren’t fixed/resolved I’ll keep my mesmer on the shelf/as my storage toon until they are.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

This is the most broken update ever for a class. My mesmer is completely useless and it’s just the opposite of fun to play him. U better fix whis on 14. or u can just as well delete that class-.-

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

This is the most broken update ever for a class. My mesmer is completely useless and it’s just the opposite of fun to play him. U better fix whis on 14. or u can just as well delete that class-.-

As a mesmer player it’s frustrating to not have a properly functioning class (to say the least)… however, no need be all melodramatic and say delete the entire class if it’s not fixed NOW.

Mesmer is a very complex class from a dev’s pov… I understand why they’re having issues getting it to work properly in a game that’s still new/young in its development… especially seeing as none of them main a mesmer. They really should hire more people and have 1 person main each class to be able to see/debate from that class’s pov to properly balance things out.

A short term solution to your problem would be to roll another class which has simple mechanics behind it as a backup for when issues occur with this complex class and be constructive with your posts as to what needs to be fixed/changed and why.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

A short term solution to your problem would be to roll another class which has simple mechanics behind it as a backup for when issues occur with this complex class and be constructive with your posts as to what needs to be fixed/changed and why.

I see you also play a thief.
This video approximates the feeling.

http://youtu.be/C-DeI3ohVbY?t=5m45s

Thieves, as a reflection of Lyssa, are definitely her evil half.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

(edited by Aneirin Cadwall.9126)

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

I see you also play a thief.
This video approximates the feeling.

http://youtu.be/C-DeI3ohVbY?t=5m45s

Thieves, as a reflection of Lyssa, are definitely her evil half.

Lol @ vid.

I don’t play thief much at all anymore… it was my first 80. I got bored with it pretty quickly as they are very much one trick ponies. They’ll kill baddies very quickly, but force you to run away from good players.

For alts/until they fix mesmer I much prefer Eng for supporting in PvP/massive PvE dps or Guardian when I want to LLLEEERROOOYYYY! into the face of a zerg in WvW.

Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Robin Hood.8123

Robin Hood.8123

Phantasm delay will be reduced to .25s in the next patch according to the dev. I would like the cast times to be reduced by .25s to make up for the delay. The dev’s said that instant attacks from the phantasms weren’t OP but were causing some other non-specified issues (and the instantly attacking phantasms were caused by a bug in the first place).

That´s not the point. If that story about instant attacking is causing some conflicts, then why does the mariner skill still works properly without delay? It works right now, without causing any troubles.

The point is: competence or incompetence. Has a-net the ability, the programmer on their side who can handle this or will they fail to fix it?

And: Are they really eager to fix it or are they not? Because a-net could also try to sell us some kind of stories about why it was impossible to fix this problem at all. You would never know the truth behind this all.

At the end you will have to trust them or you don´t. You´ll have to take the result or you don´t want to. You have to go on playing this game or you don´t like it anymore and you stop, that´s the point. We have no democracy in this issue. You can whine but you don´t know if a-net cares about it. We will see the result soon and i say very honest: When the result isn´t acceptable, i´m done with it then. I don´t like to roll other classes. I don´t like the other classes at all and i think i´m not the only one with this opinion.

(edited by Robin Hood.8123)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Never, ever, underestimate how gut-wrenchingly convoluted and frustrating every facet of programming can be… (spoken as I finish my C++ final ahem)

There’s a song, I believe…

“Nine hundred, ninety-nine bugs in the code
Nine hundred, ninety-nine bugs
Fix the bug, compile it again
One thousand, one hundred bugs in the code”

However, the problems with mesmer aren’t just bugs; some of mesmer’s current problems were the result of design decisions that need to be reconsidered.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

(edited by Aneirin Cadwall.9126)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ribos.8350

Ribos.8350

Never, ever, underestimate how gut-wrenchingly convoluted and frustrating every facet of programming can be… (spoken as I finish my C++ final ahem)

Man, C++ isn’t even the worst language when it comes to bugs, haha! Just wait until you get to the wonderful world of professional software development. There’s a reason game developers are so often falling back on “it’ll be released when it’s done.”

So I’m totally cool with being patient for fixes and everything. The only thing that bugs (heh) me slightly is the fact that there was a time when phantasms worked fine. Or, you know, at least they worked better than they do now. GW1 didn’t seem to have too much trouble when it came to hotfixing bugs, even if they just did a rollback. Thus, I just have to ask: what happened?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Robin Hood.8123

Robin Hood.8123

Man, C++ isn’t even the worst language when it comes to bugs, haha! Just wait until you get to the wonderful world of professional software development. There’s a reason game developers are so often falling back on “it’ll be released when it’s done.”

So I’m totally cool with being patient for fixes and everything. The only thing that bugs (heh) me slightly is the fact that there was a time when phantasms worked fine. Or, you know, at least they worked better than they do now. GW1 didn’t seem to have too much trouble when it came to hotfixing bugs, even if they just did a rollback. Thus, I just have to ask: what happened?

The game wasn´t finished yet or the state of the game is unstable. (i guess)
As i started playing Gw2 i reported every single bug i found in the game but to see how slow things are going forward, its hard to believe that the game is already finished. And as example: To wait so long that they fix the mesmer bugs is making me believe that something is going terrible wrong there.

(edited by Robin Hood.8123)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zaphael.8694

Zaphael.8694

So that was what happened. I was wondering why my beserker was taking so long to attack. It frustrated the heck out of me when I was in dungeons. With AOE splashes around and all, I wasn’t able to land hits on a lot targets before the berserker disappeared. Until I read this thread, I thought I had lagged out and I missed the damage; which is very unusual.

I agree with the forum here, the delay time is just wrong and it affects not just pve and pvp gameplay.

In fact, equally disturbing was the fact that I can no longer send a berserker up to smash a burning oil cauldron or cannon. I find it very very very hard to believe the ability to do so was unintentional. That ability was probably observed in WvW since BWEs and its surprising that it is only now that something was done about it?

It was a good ability and I am not just speaking from a mesmer’s perspective. I played an engineer and was on the recieving end of such attacks while lobbing nades down and laughing. I thought it was an ingenious way of giving the mesmer class something to do in a keep assault scenario! Then it gets taken away… Was it broken? No, but it was sure deadly if defenders on the walls don’t keep their eyes peeled. If spotted, its not easy for the zerkers to do much damage, especially with the defensive advantageous.

The mesmer was an excellent and versatile class until the recent patch (now that I learnt about it). How a person traits its and equips it, defined its role and it could excel at that role when played correctly. It epitomised that class versatility that gw2 was touted to have. Please remain true to what GW2 was supposed to offer. The mesmer was good and balanced as it was and frankly, it really required no nerfing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

1. fix the phantasm delay to a point which is as closest to 0 sec delay or at least 0.25 sec

Apart from that the mesmer and his bugs have a long way to go, but that will help a lot to instantly restore mesmers to what they have been before they got massively bugged by the two last patches.

It’s funny that you say this since it only applies to the iBeserker build.

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

What are you talking about???

in Mesmer

TrevorEh.6915

^ I have no idea what he’s talking about… all Phantasms are broken. Except the Mariner for whatever reason…..

But:

As I just read the comments Jon posted recently in the ranger forum, I assume now that he is aware of what we wrote in our mesmer threads and that he does not need any information anymore.

It’d be cool to get a link to the post you mentioned in the other forum.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deviija.7869

Deviija.7869

In fact, equally disturbing was the fact that I can no longer send a berserker up to smash a burning oil cauldron or cannon. I find it very very very hard to believe the ability to do so was unintentional. That ability was probably observed in WvW since BWEs and its surprising that it is only now that something was done about it?

Yeah, that came about with the LOS fixes for Mesmer. LOS is reasonable and should be addressed, but I feel right now it is far too unforgiving. Not only does a target need to be within range for a phantasm, it has to have perfect nearly even-ground LOS. I’ve had many, many issues when trying to cast phantasms on targets that were just slightly on higher ground (literally three steps up a stairway from me) would fail to cast and I get the obstructed issue. And that’s also part of the rub… your skills misfire and now you’re stuck on cooldown with nothing to show for it as well. If Mesmers had many other direct-damage skills to rely on, then it wouldn’t be a big issue — but we don’t. Everything relies on illusion creation with a bare few skills (like Mirror Blade and Blurred Frenzy) that direct damage.

On top of that, phantasm creation also fails when blinded/aegis/invulnerable/etc. protection or LOS-obscuring effects happen. Now we have the casting delay and phantasm attacking delay and the phantasm not even hitting sometimes on its first pass… that is just far too many variables and effects JUST for us to have some rather modest damage (3-3.5k~ exotic glass cannon).

In WvW, as the poster quoted mention, I now feel much less useful. At least with iZerker, I could throw them onto the top of buildings to help get rid of siege or attack enemies hanging over the edge. Now when against keeps I just use Focus to pull people… and… slowly run (due to our lack of sprint/IMS utilities, even though we are the masters of portals/space-time distortion) for supplies… I don’t feel that useful at all. Tweaking LOS so that you can’t throw your phantasm through solid platforms, sure. But if I can see an arrow cart on a keep wall, I should be able to cast on it. That is what LOS means. It should be reworked.

Uneven terrain also needs looking at with LOS. If my Guard with GS #3 and Warrior with sword #2 can fling themselves along uneven terrain (and they even coast along the path of the uneven terrain) to their targets without LOS/targeting issues, then my phantasms — and all of my attacks — shouldn’t have these problems either.

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

^ I have no idea what he’s talking about… all Phantasms are broken. Except the Mariner for whatever reason…..

But:

It’d be cool to get a link to the post you mentioned in the other forum.

Oh, I hope I didn’t sound like he did confirm any mesmer related things, he just wrote a few things related to ranger issues here (~ 3 days ago):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Movement-Speed/first

And here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/longbow-shots-really-REALLY-slow/page/2#post959195

And again here for thieves:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/What-are-some-ways-P-P-can-be-made-favorable/first

He did not come back to us in the mesmer forum and that led to my assumption that he is totally aware of what we wrote (and we provided him with lots of information and material) and doesn’t need any other information. If he would have needed them, he could have jumped into our thread before/ after he had time to look and write into the other forums. He knows that we have severe bugs which must be fixed in the next update.

Logical? At least for me. :-D

EDIT: Found another one:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Generell-questions-about-kits-sigils

(edited by Navi.7142)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Infernyl.2364

Infernyl.2364

the already mentioned changes of range and blocks by buffs like aegis are really utterly overdone, same goes for the LoS fix where i totally agree with Deviijas example from WvWvW
it is okay to evade the cast of an phantasm/clone, but such an important part of a build which is supposed to deal a big portion of the total dps the build aims for and then u do cant rely on it is a real overkill against the mesmer
same goes for the range of summoning especially because its better for the enemy to see a phantasm walk towards him because it needs to get in range first
if i summon a phantasmal gunner with extended range due to the trait he attacks directly which is harder to evade, if i miscalculated the range and he needs to walk prior to his attack the enemy (if in pvp of course) is warned if he sees the phantasm and has a better chance to do something against it

also zerker and the warden have a kind of similar problem if i didnt miss it being stated as purpose concerning warden
sometimes warden follows the enemy, sometimes he stands around and creates his bubble, happiely swinging his axes trying to cut some butterflies around him but totally missing the enemy
if his purpose is repelling attacks and protecting and his behaviour is accordingly scripted okay, but why does he have such a high total dmg if all his hits connect ?
zerker so as warden should follow the enemy more aggressively so that the whirls executed by zerker can connect better and dont miss so often and warden reliably follows his target
i think shortening the distance from which the zerker attacks would improve his issue of missinh
focus is really tempting i have to say but i dont use it much because i cant rely on the phantasm so 1/2 of the focus is useless for me despite being able to pull them towards him
i know its not #1 offhand weapon for a purely offensive build but if the warden has the ability to deal dmg and not just repel projectiles it should be able to hit better than it does now

even if the delay is fixed zerker will still not hit for sure after the 1st attack, at least thats whats always been the case for me
standing targets were fully hit with the initial attack, 2nd attack was executed from a too large distance so only about 1/2 of the full dmg was dealt at best
moving targets were mostly better hit in average but sometimes they even were totally missed

greetings

(edited by Infernyl.2364)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

Yeah this class is so broken I solo’d a champion on it today. I love my Mesmer :-)

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

Congratulations, Drew!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

Congratulations, Drew!

Thanks it was pretty funny ;-)

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

in Mesmer

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

Yeah this class is so broken I solo’d a champion on it today. I love my Mesmer :-)

Soloing champions isn’t difficult on any class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

After years in Guild Wars 1, I never dreamed that ArenaNet would so callously destroy my favorite profession, and their most iconic creation.

In fairness, the GW2 mesmer is an Allods online psionic on steroids, not that I’m complaining I loved psionics, one of my favourite MMO classes ever and mesmer take that playstyle to a new level.

But, the class isn’t actually original, it’s just not as common to see as warriors and mages

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

Soloing champions isn’t difficult on any class.

Fist, grats man.

Second, indeed it’s not. I’ve done it on all 4 of my 80’s. I’m sure there are vids of every class doing it.

Thrid, solo PvE has little to do with group PvE, WvW, or sPvP. Mesmer is in very bad shape in all 3 of those right now. It’s a VERY poor measurement of how the class is doing.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raven.4690

Raven.4690

I can accept and agree that Phantasms attacks are subject to blind/dodge/invulnerability/block as well as terrain conditions. However it would be more acceptable and make for a more responsive mesmer experience if;

• Phantasm summons took ½ or, no longer than ¾ sec.
  • Summoning of phantasms are not subject to blind/dodge/block/Invulnerable but require line of sight.
  • Phantasms initiate their attack upon summoning them. i.e, no delay.
  • Phantasmal Berserker damage restored to former levels and its travel path sticks to its target.
  • Phantasms take advantage of weapon sigils such as 5% damage or crit.

There are many examples of abilities in other professions where their attacks, be it whirling, AoE and utilities that are either instant, ¼, ½ or ¾ sec unless they are channeled spells

80 Mesmer | 80 Engineer

(edited by Raven.4690)

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

I’m fine with the mesmer attacks being subject to blind/dodge/block rules the same as other classes are.

I am NOT fine with only mesmer having a summon not appear due to a blind/dodge/block.

But the dev’s have stated they consider them attacks (because frick logic). So from their pov… I am NOT fine with only mesmer’s multi-hitting/aoe attacks not occurring at all due do a single dodge/blind/block.

Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raven.4690

Raven.4690

^ good point, edited my post for clarification

80 Mesmer | 80 Engineer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Of course, if illusions are attacks, as proven by being blocked, dodged, blinded and etc, then we should not held with double standards. If they are attacks then they should spawn with our current sigil as well. Phantasms and clones.

Not just that but it is high time to remove the range restriction on the GS’ 1. You can’t balance all five skills, then tweak some of them, without having to rebalance the whole.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zaphael.8694

Zaphael.8694

The delay is a major problem when network latency is compounded. From Asia, I believe the latency is about 150-250ms. This is my understanding of how these networks and programmes works, so maybe Anet’s Asuran engineers can correct me if I’m wrong.

So, it takes about a quarter of a second for a player from Asia to click “4” to summon a zerker to reach servers in the US.

Then it takes a quarter of a second of “delay” for the zerker to spawn and stand around, assuming the servers process instantaneously.

Then it takes another quarter of a second to for the server to relay that zerker has spawned and is standing around for another quarter of a second back to player asia.

All in all, a player in Asia would observer a lot more delay as a result of any non-zero second delay.

As the players have reiterated, if the phantasm’s attacks are attacks, then its AOE effects will require every player in its affected radius to dodge its attacks. That would be congruous with what the other classes get in their primary attack skills. Yet, a phantasm would not spawn because of a single missed or evaded attack, and this really cripples the mesmer’s fighting ability in a massive brawl (esp. in wvwvw). It is a big problem for mesmer players who use it in wvwvw.

By the way, does anyone else have a problem with teleporting (possibly when blind) lately? I was getting swarmed on a couple of ocassions last night and I noticed my blink wouldn’t teleport me. Then when I was down, I noticed I couldn’t teleport and stealth as well. Possibly because I was blinded, I am not sure.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

That´s not the point. If that story about instant attacking is causing some conflicts, then why does the mariner skill still works properly without delay? It works right now, without causing any troubles.

^

Just this part of what you said Robin Hood. The answer in my opinion is because they changed a lot of how the illusions worked. For me they suddenly started producing finishers in fields when the big bug came on and kitten iZerker. He actually does a whirling finisher now where I do not recall him ever doing that. I don’t think it’s that they fixed it to make it work. I think it’s that they changed the skill that was being used to something like a severely dumbed down version of Warriors whirlwind, instead of the boomerang effect it was associated with before. I understood changes were coming, but for anybody that actually plays mesmer in pvp they know how challenging it is vs good players already.

So… it’s not like anybody really believes that it was entirely an accident. We all have this feeling that we’ve been screwed in our sleep and woken up to the bed having been made with us in it.

in Mesmer

Wise.8025

I’m fine with the mesmer attacks being subject to blind/dodge/block rules the same as other classes are.

I am NOT fine with only mesmer having a summon not appear due to a blind/dodge/block.

But the dev’s have stated they consider them attacks (because frick logic). So from their pov… I am NOT fine with only mesmer’s multi-hitting/aoe attacks not occurring at all due do a single dodge/blind/block.

I agree with this. If mesmer illusions do not appear due to invuln/blind/block/dodge, and we lose the entire amount of potential damage then if a Warrior uses 100b blind should make every single swing miss, also confusion should affect every single hit etc. not just the first of a long series of attacks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

He actually does a whirling finisher now where I do not recall him ever doing that.

But Iberserker was whirl finisher since betas. I remember accidentally discovering this for myself when testing glamour confusion builds on golems during bwe3(or bwe2).

(edited by Winds.3087)

in Mesmer

Wise.8025

He actually does a whirling finisher now where I do not recall him ever doing that.

But Iberserker was whirl finisher since betas. I remember accidentally discovering this for myself when testing glamour confusion builds on golems during bwe3(or bwe2).

Interesting. Shame I don’t record my game play because I don’t recall it ever being there. I suppose there’s so much footage on youtube and twitch I could find something. Maybe I just didn’t notice it because there was a time I was not aware of how fields and finishers worked. Who knows… who cares… fix illusions so they don’t suck and blow up right after spawning.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

The point is: competence or incompetence. Has a-net the ability, the programmer on their side who can handle this or will they fail to fix it?

And: Are they really eager to fix it or are they not? Because a-net could also try to sell us some kind of stories about why it was impossible to fix this problem at all. You would never know the truth behind this all.

At the end you will have to trust them or you don´t. You´ll have to take the result or you don´t want to. You have to go on playing this game or you don´t like it anymore and you stop, that´s the point. We have no democracy in this issue. You can whine but you don´t know if a-net cares about it. We will see the result soon and i say very honest: When the result isn´t acceptable, i´m done with it then. I don´t like to roll other classes. I don´t like the other classes at all and i think i´m not the only one with this opinion.

They did the same to rangers with short bow. They said it was because of animation bugs before, but later stated it was because of balance reasons. I believe it’s the same for phantasms, I’ve never seen any problems when the phantasms had a 0 second delay.

I solo’d a champion with a ranger, they must be fine too.

Playable Tengu please!

(edited by Esorono.1039)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

I think I saw a video of this in this thread, but has anyone else noticed the iZerker dying almost immediately after being summoned, for no discernible reason? This happens to me all the time in TA… whether there’s AoE or not. In the exact same situations, my clones last longer! I can only imagine this is some kind of bug. I have only seen the iZerker do this… it’s almost like he’s hitting himself.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Mesmer

TrevorEh.6915

I think I saw a video of this in this thread, but has anyone else noticed the iZerker dying almost immediately after being summoned, for no discernible reason? This happens to me all the time in TA… whether there’s AoE or not. In the exact same situations, my clones last longer! I can only imagine this is some kind of bug. I have only seen the iZerker do this… it’s almost like he’s hitting himself.

My berserker dies immediately after being summoned all the time since Dec 3. This is why I’ve said I’m done with GW2 if it’s not fixed. TODAY.

in Mesmer

Posted by: shdowmyst.7451

shdowmyst.7451

My berserker dies immediately after being summoned all the time since Dec 3. This is why I’ve said I’m done with GW2 if it’s not fixed. TODAY.

My exact same thoughts, delay killed the mesmer.

Ever since this, I literally do 1/4 of the damage I did. since my casted phantasmas
just got killed instantly most of the times. The bigger problem is. It can’t be overcome by tactics or better timing of the skill
since my phantasmas are standing still, doing nothing in front of my enemy.

Top of that, delay just make no sens at all. It’s like my casted skill have a casting time.
Only, not in a distance, but in front of the enemy. I loved playing the mesmer, but ever since this change I feel like I lost control over fights.
Especially, because i used phantasmas a lot. with this phantasm behavior, it feels like i’m pressing a button, that do nothing at all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xdmatt.3958

Xdmatt.3958

Any idea when the patch will actually appear?

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?