Ambush skills

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I don’t know why do they even bother making ambushes for Sword and GS if they’re not gonna interact well with Mirage trait line. Seems really kitten to me.

Tbh I’m more or less fine with the sword & gs ambushes for now: They seem to be useful situationally.

The GS one maybe for power builds though, but then again, which power build uses gs? Maybe in WvW?

The Sword ambush can be used in multiple ways. Clone generating, leap, daze (or stun when traited.) Could be very interesting.

I’m a little dissapointed there are some shatter based traits in the Mirage line when the spec as a whole doesn’t revolve around shattering at all.

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I don’t know why do they even bother making ambushes for Sword and GS if they’re not gonna interact well with Mirage trait line. Seems really kitten to me.

Tbh I’m more or less fine with the sword & gs ambushes for now: They seem to be useful situationally.

The GS one maybe for power builds though, but then again, which power build uses gs? Maybe in WvW?

The Sword ambush can be used in multiple ways. Clone generating, leap, daze (or stun when traited.) Could be very interesting.

I’m a little dissapointed there are some shatter based traits in the Mirage line when the spec as a whole doesn’t revolve around shattering at all.

The fact that it focuses on clones rather than phantasms kind of suggests that you should be shattering in general.

The main thing that I want to try is a scepter build (the only one with a worthwhile ambish) that summons 3 clones, spams mirage cloak + ambush over and over, then shatter, and works on rebuilding the clones while the mirage cloak granting abilities refresh, before doing it again.

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The fact that it focuses on clones rather than phantasms kind of suggests that you should be shattering in general.

The main thing that I want to try is a scepter build (the only one with a worthwhile ambish) that summons 3 clones, spams mirage cloak + ambush over and over, then shatter, and works on rebuilding the clones while the mirage cloak granting abilities refresh, before doing it again.

I mean, Infinite Horizons with Deceptive Evasion. Hopefully the clone is made first. 8D

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

I really wish Mesmers weren’t so reliant on summoning illusions and shattering. I wish that was more of a side effect or something you can choose. They should do a overall rework, introduce hexes and maybe have illusions/phantasms be on a duration or something (like necromancers and their minions).

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I really wish Mesmers weren’t so reliant on summoning illusions and shattering. I wish that was more of a side effect or something you can choose. They should do a overall rework, introduce hexes and maybe have illusions/phantasms be on a duration or something (like necromancers and their minions).

Almost like the Phantasms spawned via “Mirror Images” in this video?

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

Yeah I mean im sure Anet doesn’t want us to “never shatter” and i’m fine with shattering sometimes when the situation is right.

However shattering isn’t the focus of our elite spec. I think if we want to use shatters with Mirage there are more than enough other spec lines that improve our shatters.

I’m just a bit afraid that if they give us too many shatter traits in Mirage everyone is just going to shatter because it’s better rather than using the clone deception & mirage cloak mechanic.

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

Yeah I mean im sure Anet doesn’t want us to “never shatter” and i’m fine with shattering sometimes when the situation is right.

However shattering isn’t the focus of our elite spec. I think if we want to use shatters with Mirage there are more than enough other spec lines that improve our shatters.

I’m just a bit afraid that if they give us too many shatter traits in Mirage everyone is just going to shatter because it’s better rather than using the clone deception & mirage cloak mechanic.

I agree. That’s why the build I crafted is meant for illusion upkeep, deception and conditions and the occasional shatters (cry of frustration).

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

glenndevis.8327

I think it would be nice if there was a way of consistently getting our clones back up really fast after a shatter so we still have a lot of use for the Mirage mechanics while integrating shatters in our gameplay.

Just thinking about deceptive evasion & sword ambush.
Dodge with sword → spawns sword clone → ambush with sword → both you & the clone leap & daze & spawn clones → 3 clones.

Too bad that Sand through Glass doesn’t trigger Mirage Cloak, probably won’t trigger deceptive evasion either.

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kahuna.8960

Kahuna.8960

I think it will be interesting to test out this weekend. I feel as though one never really grasps the class and its potential and downsides until playing it for themselves- and that goes doubly true for the Elite specs.

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I think it would be nice if there was a way of consistently getting our clones back up really fast after a shatter so we still have a lot of use for the Mirage mechanics while integrating shatters in our gameplay.

Just thinking about deceptive evasion & sword ambush.
Dodge with sword -> spawns sword clone -> ambush with sword -> both you & the clone leap & daze & spawn clones -> 3 clones.

Too bad that Sand through Glass doesn’t trigger Mirage Cloak, probably won’t trigger deceptive evasion either.

I do like the look of the synergy between DE, dodge and sword ambush.

Though yeah I don’t think anything other than dodge will trigger DE – which is good because otherwise you know what they’ll do – they’ll nerf DE to only trigger on evade! And I really don’t want to see that happen! :o

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

One thing that struck me during the stream was the intensity of the visual effects – especially for something like Jaunt (it’s far to large and bright). I don’t want to go blind with all the crazy visual effects of using some of these skills! xD

I loved Jaunts effects! But I understand how you feel. The effects did seem a bit big so I’m sure they’ll reduce it a bit but here’s hoping they don’t go overkill like they did to auras. I miss my circiular chaos armour

Oh yeah I agree the purple egg isn’t my cup of tea either!

The flash of Jaunt looked a bit too much for me to feel comfortable with – especially as a spammable skill with low cooldown. The other one was axe 3 and illusionary ambush – very cool but a bit… large?

Maybe I’m just so used to asura it’s weird to see what the visual effects look like on a human character. I’ll look forward to release and seeing how it applies to my asura.

ok i take this back – Jaunt on asura is AMAZING.

kitten I am loving this so far, every skill is so sexy. :o Aaah, it’s beautiful!

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Yup Mirage GS ambush is awful on a power build. There is no vulnerability or anything to go with it either it’s light the auto attack with a flashy animation.

Back to sheer disappointment.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

All of the ambushes don’t feel that impactful :/

Mirage DPS HYPE

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Not thrilled the scepter ambush roots me, I do like the step back but I play scepter because it doesn’t root me like the sword does :/

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Sword ambush actually pleases me for PvP, and the fact you can use it without a target is added mobility. I’ve wanted a leap for years!

Do the clone dazes not proc Dazzling? Because I’m not getting the stacks I should.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Ambush skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elessaria.9142

Elessaria.9142

Sword is… well it depends if the leap requires a target. If it doesn’t require a target meaning we can dodge leap freely anytime then it’s going to be an insane mobility skill and might make reverse phase retreat redundant. If it requires a target then it is weak. I like that it spawns a clone, I like the synergy with interrupt builds, but where is the damage?

No target needed for it so yes its a great mobility option. With the Daze as well it’s actually a really good Ambush, apart from the fact Daze doesn’t stack so Inifinite Horizon is weaksauce for it. As I’ve said elsewhere Nomad’s Endurance needs to be replaced with a 100% Clone Damage buff.

I think people are forgetting the ambush skills can be traited to activate on illusions, so gs is 470×3×4 with all active illusions +power and crit modifiers.

Clone damage output is around a quarter of the player’s on a Power build, so GS Ambush does about 3k total to a Heavy Golem.

Water field for False Oasis would be pretty cool actually.

I’d rather have it refill the Endurance bar to make it more thematic.

Lot’s of people asking for more clone generation so I’m wondering if each Mirror could last 10s instead of 5s and generate a clone when you use it. I mean it’s a Mirage MIRROR after all…

(edited by Elessaria.9142)