Antotoxin Spray is the anti scepter

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Well, seeing that the new heal removes (and heals off of) confusion and torment, it seems as if the heal is a great counter to the scepter, and by extension condition mesmers.

And seeing that it removes/heals off of torment, confusion, and poison (and many condi mesmers run sigils of doom), the heal seems like it might very much limit builds like blackwater and so forth, especially so because the cleanse is aoe. (Picture a 1v3 where one or two opponents has the heal, stripping our most potent conditions on top of regular cleanses.)

Anyway, not sure how many will end up using this heal, but it does seem like a particular counter to the current PU/condi builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i dont understand why an antitoxin affects confusion. this destroys every confusion build in wvw and makes it completely useless. oh well warriors def. wont switch their heals……but other classes…..bye bye confusion…again

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

I’ve not seen the skill in action, so this is all going to be speculation based on the stats we have on the wiki.

I don’t think warriors are alone in the “not going to switch” camp. You’re not going to see rangers switch. Healing Spring cures for more, adds regen, cures any condition and produces a water field. While the radius is smaller, it’s visible and people know to run to it for a free cleanse.

If a thief wants a cleanse heal, it’s going to be a hard sell over Hide in Shadows (heals a lot more + strips bleeds, poisons and burns + stealth and regen) and Withdraw (strips mobility conditions, evades, similar healing power at half the cooldown). Necromancers have one of the best personal cleanse heals with Consume Conditions, which eats them all. Warriors have Mending (any 3 conditions). Guardians have multiple sources of passive cleansing. Ether Renewal cures up to 8 conditions off of Elementalists at half the cooldown. Engineer healing turrets can AoE cleanse any 2 conditons every 15 seconds.

Really, mesmer seems like the only profession that this would even appeal towards, since we’re just notoriously bad at dealing with conditions.

I admit it would suck a little to be a scepter mesmer and run into a train of enemies all spraying each other with antitoxin. But I just don’t see people going out of their way to set that up. Not when we live in a world where necromancers exist. The mesmer scepter is too niche of a threat to plan your whole group defense around it.

It’s healing is bad. It’s conditions are limited. It’s cooldown is long. It’s just not very appealing.

(edited by Clockwork Bard.3105)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’m hoping the next patch gives us anti-immobilize spray

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Really, mesmer seems like the only profession that this would even appeal towards, since we’re just notoriously bad at dealing with conditions.

Just think of the amazing 30-minute condition Mesmer vs. condition Mesmer duels this heal now allows…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snappppy.8137

Snappppy.8137

It’s not a big deal this, just poor game balancing. The button pressing monkey got this one wrong.

And the torment sigil, started off applying 5 stacks of torment, which was obv too strong, nerfed to 1 which renders it useless. No middle way, no thought.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

…and then people remember that the heal has a 30 second cooldown, while illusionary counter is on a 10 second cooldown.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Looks like a crappy heal. I’m not too worried.

30s cooldown
Base heal 3920(0.6) and 481(0.2) per condition removed.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

30s cooldown

30s cooldown

Ive got to agree here.

I was super excited at the thought of unlocking new, universal skills, but when I saw the actual heal, it was kind of underwhelming :P

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Not gonna trade it for my trustworthy Mirror. Ever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’ll hold out for actual attack/utility/elite skills. Can’t say I was impressed with the spray, even when I originally heard about it.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi O.P.

I ran this last night just to see on guard, mesmer and my ele. Simply put, we already have far superior tools to heals and cleanses, I see very few people runing around with this heal as their main.

The only use of this heal will be against specific duels and known small group opponents, if its on your bar at any other time you are just gimping yourself, and you cant switch skills while in combat or while they have an active usage CD going.

For these reasons I just dont see it as any problem whatsoever. Very few people will run it as their main heal. It had absolutely zero effect on us last night.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

tried out that heal…its terrible, so i doubt many people will use it. i think it has a long cooldown and the healing is kinda meh….phew

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood