Any good condi chrono builds? (pvp)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I’ve always been more about inflicting confusion than the glassy power shatter esque build, is there an equivalent in this meta that is a pretty good counter with the power shatter chrono? If not, looking for pretty decent and interesting chrono builds for pvp

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I’ve been having a ton of fun with this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse7fn0nB1fi1qBmpBEgilXj68HCijr+XP2lFNAypjA-TJRHABVs/g3lBC4JAAwJBAA

It’s Viper so you’re really squish but there is a lot of baked in sustain with the condition cleanses, blocks on both sets, mental defense and torch stealth. I find this can burst similar to normal power shatter, just obviously differently. The power damage is definitely there though since these two MH weapons really shine in that area.

I have this decked out for team play and can be tweaked as necessary for solo, etc. I’ve also tried Sinister which works, but I find Viper to burst better and the extra condition duration is fantastic.

Using balth rune works really well to provide a decent third source of burning (without needing staff). With the condition duration in the ammy + burn duration from rune, it adds a solid third condition to your torment/confusion. Geo/Doom sigils round out the rest.

Note this is before the precog change. In a team build I wouldn’t run it but maybe you would in soloq. I think I played one or two matches with stab mantra vs precog and that actually worked pretty well. I’m sure there are other good options.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse7fn0nB1fi1qBmpBEgilXj68HCijr+XP2lFNAypjA-TJRHABVs/g3lBC4JAAwJBAA

It’s Viper so you’re really squish but there is a lot of baked in sustain with the condition cleanses, blocks on both sets, mental defense and torch stealth. I find this can burst similar to normal power shatter, just obviously differently. The power damage is definitely there though since these two MH weapons really shine in that area.

I have this decked out for team play and can be tweaked as necessary for solo, etc. I’ve also tried Sinister which works, but I find Viper to burst better and the extra condition duration is fantastic.

Using balth rune works really well to provide a decent third source of burning (without needing staff). With the condition duration in the ammy + burn duration from rune, it adds a solid third condition to your torment/confusion. Geo/Doom sigils round out the rest.

Note this is before the precog change. In a team build I wouldn’t run it but maybe you would in soloq. I think I played one or two matches with stab mantra vs precog and that actually worked pretty well. I’m sure there are other good options.

In general I’ve found balthazar runes lackluster for condi builds ever since the burning stacking change. Furthermore, burning for mesmers as a damaging condition has been really gutted since that change.

You’re probably incorporating the extra burning to use as a cover condi rather than filling the role of a dps condi. How would swapping balthazar with grenth runes (chill), and using hydromancy sigils work out for your build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ChaosWithin.6214

ChaosWithin.6214

You’ve just given me a good basis to work from on a condi chrono build. Gunna tweak the build a bit, Thanks!

Now let them tremble

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

This is the condi chrono build I’m using. I’m low (mid-emerald) tier, so I don’t know how this performs in other levels. It’s more tanky than skcamow’s build, but doesn’t have stealth.

Good luck with your build!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnknBlphVoBeoBEgilnj6sACgDreQP0FFdxynDA-TJxHwACOFAA3f4YZAAPBAA

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

In general I’ve found balthazar runes lackluster for condi builds ever since the burning stacking change. Furthermore, burning for mesmers as a damaging condition has been really gutted since that change.

You’re probably incorporating the extra burning to use as a cover condi rather than filling the role of a dps condi. How would swapping balthazar with grenth runes (chill), and using hydromancy sigils work out for your build?

Could certainly work and would make for some very long chill procs with all the built in duration. Would also serve to set up bursts even more.

I like having a decent amount of conditions coming out and the burn on heal comes around so often that it actually still applies decent pressure along with the others. The condition duration is the big reason.

That said, there would still be two spread out burn sources and chill adds a potent addition. I’ve only tried balth so far, but I’ll give grenth a spin for a bit to see how it feels. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

this is what i am using

massive illusion bomb shatter so F1-F2-F3 with constant 3 illusions up

carrion to handle the ds ele and null field both to remove boons and handle necros transfer

its good for soloq and low mid tier

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Post shield nerf I’ve gone with the old Settler’s Chrono Condie Shatter. Illusions, Insp, and Chrono using Rune of Durability, Wells (Heal, Precog, Elite), and Sigil of Illusions + Blink. (SoI is something I’m trying out, but so far I like it. It beefs up the pDefender and makes it harder to kill illusions before they can shatter, and of course the reset on the shatters is really quite fun.

With this build the shield nerf is almost a boon! :-) You get those iAvangers out quicker, and thus get your burst-shatter rotations off faster.

I’ve been doing very well in pugs with this. It’s a well rounded build that can tank a point adequately, and does a good mix of support and medium AoE condie pressure in point fights. You can solo very well too.

The main weakness is on assaulting a point 1v1 against anything that isn’t a glass cannon, because your pressure is just too weak and too slow. However, it synergizes very well with other strong assaulters as you can provide a lot of support and hard CC to keep them up and banging, all the while bringing enough condie pressure on top.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I’ve switched back to this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfWlknhy0YRawRNwtGLvGV5E0bRT9wesLLaAkTNBA-TJRHwAw2fIZZAAnCABPBAA

because I was getting bored of Shield and wanted something more fast paced with higher risk/reward.

Has obvious hard counters and severe weaknesses, but you can unload serious condition burst if done right, and it is fun to play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah it’s always tempting to couple Ineptitude with that Dueling BD trait, but it’s a pretty glassy build compared to anything with Shield and either Inspiration or Chaos.

Definitely puts out more condie pressure though, so I’m glad it’s working for you.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Tbh that was the first build I was playing with Chrono (previously Duelling/Chaos/Illusions Sword/Torch + Staff condi), but had to drop it because of as you say it was way too vulnerable against all the other overpowered elite specs.

But now that There have been some nerfs handed out, I have been tempted to try it again – and also before I used Improved Alacrity – however now Illusionary Reversion is working much better for me to allow back to back max shatters with a single dodge.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sanquinn.5904

Sanquinn.5904

is it better to run condi mesmer than crit dmg mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Niekas.3854

Niekas.3854

is it better to run condi mesmer than crit dmg mesmer?

Power Shatter currently is lack luster in pvp. Running Vipers with correct build I found being most efficient.

I usually go with 250k dmg & 250-350k condi damage dealt in an average 10min game.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

my best condi build which works wonder (for me)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnknBVohlqBmpBEgilnj6sACgDDdxynDoeQP0FF-TZRHABfXGAgTAgAHCAh2fIgnAAA

if i up against necros team (more than 1 necro) i will run this . the duration works great as i just hit and run. so their only way to cleanse is with their heal skill (if its not signet). so they cant control the point. so if i decap than job done.

if i up against 2 eles i will take viper or carrion to break their 90% hp (although i was able with the build above to do so)

if i up against zerk team i will take rabid amulet

signet of midnight is optional and can be changed to portal, decoy, well, MI etc…

i will try to put a tutorial with it

also consider its for mid lvl fights and your team must know you run condi

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnknBVohlqBmpBEgilnj6sACgDDdxynDoeQP0FF-TZRHABfXGAgTAgAHCAh2fIgnAAA

if i up against necros team (more than 1 necro) i will run this . the duration works great as i just hit and run. so their only way to cleanse is with their heal skill (if its not signet). so they cant control the point. so if i decap than job done.

if i up against 2 eles i will take viper or carrion to break their 90% hp (although i was able with the build above to do so)

signet of midnight is optional and can be changed to portal, decoy, well, MI etc…

Question…..would this also be effective in WvW for roaming? I’ve played zerk shatter for a very long time while it can be effective, I think perhaps condi might be better with the current meta. Thoughts?

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Question…..would this also be effective in WvW for roaming? I’ve played zerk shatter for a very long time while it can be effective, I think perhaps condi might be better with the current meta. Thoughts?

wow its been ages since i went into wvw. maybe dire gear can be better with sustain but you wont be able to kill eles. full viper can be dangerous and carrion can work
you can have 100% condi duration with food so you can take something else instead of som.