Any ideas why?

Any ideas why?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

I’m trying to understand Anet’s logic behind all this updates. Since now the damages has been spiked up quite a bit, with full shatter build you can practically hit for 15+k, phantasms hitting 7+k, etc. I wonder when applied fortitude will be removed from WvW everyone will be one shot kill. Is that the future that Anet planned for GW2? I thought they want longer and more consistent fights than 2 secs “oh crap I died.” fights. I’m not complaining about the damages, I kind like it as a shatter Mesmer, but if you going to boost all damages this way, then boost vitality and toughness same way, so everyone has a chance to fight it back.

Any ideas why?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

While some builds across all classes might need a little shaving down and possible pvp amulets need looking at now, I think part of the problem is people are refusing to look at defensive builds. I’m not some amazing high skilled PvPer but I looked at the changes and immediatly thought “yeah I’m going to need a lot of condi cleanse” and the build I’ve been playing with is a tanky Mesmer using Chaos,insp and illusions and if I get ganked by any glass cannon I can normally get out of there one way or another and often even turn it around. Although funnily enough 2 out of the 3 nerfs to Mesmer seems targeted towards this build.

Similarly I always liked playing condie survival and condie beastmaster on my Ranger and so have been playing around with a couple variations of Wilderness, nature magic and Beastmaster and been getting similar results.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

Any ideas why?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

why?
-To change the meta silly.
-To find new & creative ways to play instead of just relying on the power meta & spamming the same thing over & over again.
-To shake up things.
-to figure out how not to get Op’ed by others wile raising your skill level.
What else?

Any ideas why?

in Mesmer

Drgori.5724

I don’t think the Meta changed much, so now we have a condi meta plus Zerk meta that is even more OP than before. Now is just matter of who hits first wins. It just don’t make sense to me the logic, if you want longer fights why boost damage and nerf vit? isn’t that the opposite? maybe I’m wrong but that’s my impression so far. we will see what happens on the rebalancing patches.

Any ideas why?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Applied Strength is also going to be taken away, just a note.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Any ideas why?

in Mesmer

Drgori.5724

yeah I know, but strength just gives you 100 power, which is not all that compared to 250 in vit. That’s a huge boost in health that can make a difference surviving a sneak burst attack

Any ideas why?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

That’s kinda true though, I would have preferred if Fortitude stayed.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.