Any unique builds?

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I need an excuse for a new armor set, but I don’t know what build I can combine it with. I already have berzerker, dire, and soldier sets. What’s a 4th set I can use efficiently for my mesmer? Preferably one with a sword/focus?

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

I believe someone made a case for Assassin’s armor (being better than zerker). I carry Zerk, Assassins, Ramp, and Soldier on my first mesmer and rabid/dire on the second. Rampagers was a mistake, but I cannot bear to be rid of it even though I almost never use it.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Well you can utilize the bonus crit from assassins to work well with sharper images, procing more crits from phants like iDuelist and iWarden.

If you wanted to go hybrid you could go assassins + rabid, or +dire, zerk and/or rabid weapons. But I’m not crash hot on hybrid anymore since the big rune patch.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Assassin, yes.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

I run a pretty gimmicky aoe Chill build in WvW using Grenth Runes. Great for large zergs and havocs with Blink + Chill from Grenth or Hydromancy Sigils.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsdWl0npKtlqxMNcrNitxcyaWB1PV1UlMghB-TVyHwABOFAW0EAa/hfK9EqMQsegmKB9r+DgnAApAgZDA-w

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Arikyali.5804

Hmm. I wonder if full rabid double-shatter style is viable for wvw…or perhaps dire/rabid.

Honestly, I want to play around with condi, but I’m not a fan of the meta PU.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thusad.8054

Thusad.8054

Well. I am playing the new Torment shatter with full Rabit gear. Works very well in WvW in soloroaming and small group play. With bigger groups its nearly impossible to land your shatters.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArfWlknpRtlqxMNcrNSpBh6ycnmSyA8gSOiyB-TVyCwAAOEA4U/Jl+AsK/mcEACu/gkHAAlTAwYlgkCAm5AA-w

I realy enjoy it It was never so easy for me to kill a Guardian

(edited by Thusad.8054)

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Arikyali.5804

Oooh. That looks fun. How does it deal in survivability?

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Thusad.8054

Realy difficult xD you have to be fast and take care of your Possition all the time. You miss a LOT of deffensiv utilities.

But with Staff, Torch, Speedrunes and 1200 range Blink you have more than enoight options to Kite your enemies while your Torment is dealing the maximum amount of dmg

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Celestial hands down.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Celestial hands down.

Celestial is incredibly inefficient for mesmers. The stat combo just doesn’t work at all, it’s a horrid choice. If this question were aimed at engie/warrior/ele you’d be right, but not for Mesmer.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

When the Living Story end, do you think a sinister armor/rabid trinkets condi shatter mesmer could work ? Or maybe PU, to have more defensive abilities ? It could really increase the risk/reward ratio of mesmer condition builds.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

vincecontix.1264

Celestial hands down.

Celestial is incredibly inefficient for mesmers. The stat combo just doesn’t work at all, it’s a horrid choice. If this question were aimed at engie/warrior/ele you’d be right, but not for Mesmer.

Actually for a wvw build celestial is a good choice esp when you stack might.

Isle of Janthir

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Celestial hands down.

This would work…except mesmers don’t stack might.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Thusad.8054

You cant sack might cause of the Runes. Whats with your speed? Take focus?
Possible but then you lack more deffens at all.
You cound put 4 Points into Chaos for the Staff trait. But then you miss the Boon removal an 20% condition Duration.

Do we have other Options?

Maybe a Rework and switch to Mantra of Recovery. We lose again the 4 Points in Domination but we get good heal with Condi remove. And we lose 1 cover Condition but we get more Confusion out of it.
Something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArdWl0npRtdqxMNcrNyqBdqlg6ssmgW6LktAA-TVyCABAcEAwR9HX2f4QlgpoH4iTBwXK/0TTgEPAASBAzcA-w

I think that could work pretty well

Edit:

Or with a Sword

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsdWl0npRtdqxMNcrNyqBdqlg6ssmgW6LktAA-TVyCABAcEAwR9HX2f4QlgpoH4iTBwXK/0TTAFPAASBAzcA-w

(edited by Thusad.8054)

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

vincecontix.1264

You cant sack might cause of the Runes. Whats with your speed? Take focus?
Possible but then you lack more deffens at all.
You cound put 4 Points into Chaos for the Staff trait. But then you miss the Boon removal an 20% condition Duration.

Do we have other Options?

Maybe a Rework and switch to Mantra of Recovery. We lose again the 4 Points in Domination but we get good heal with Condi remove. And we lose 1 cover Condition but we get more Confusion out of it.
Something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArdWl0npRtdqxMNcrNyqBdqlg6ssmgW6LktAA-TVyCABAcEAwR9HX2f4QlgpoH4iTBwXK/0TTgEPAASBAzcA-w

I think that could work pretty well

Edit:

Or with a Sword

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsdWl0npRtdqxMNcrNyqBdqlg6ssmgW6LktAA-TVyCABAcEAwR9HX2f4QlgpoH4iTBwXK/0TTAFPAASBAzcA-w

I run something similar to that it does work.

Isle of Janthir

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

vincecontix.1264

Celestial hands down.

Sig battle 6-9 stack , food 1 stack every time you dodge, and Bountiful interuption 5 stacks for every interrupt(no icd). Anyway will up load a video when I get some time.

Isle of Janthir

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

vincecontix.1264

Oh I forgot I uploaded a celestial mesmer video a while ago in a spvp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8Y7pvQQuA
Though mesmer has had some changes since then(torment AA) and might stack celest works much better in wvw.

Isle of Janthir

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Oh I forgot I uploaded a celestial mesmer video a while ago in a spvp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8Y7pvQQuA
Though mesmer has had some changes since then(torment AA) and might stack celest works much better in wvw.

So I watched about half that video. At no point during it did you ever have more than 9 might stacks. That simply isn’t enough to make celestial efficient. Look at what eles, engies, and warriors are doing. You absolutely need to be able to maintain at least 15 at all times or celestial is totally worthless. That video just proves my point.

Also, the vast majority of players you fought were pretty awful, I mean staff guard, gs warrior, really?

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

vincecontix.1264

So I watched about half that video. At no point during it did you ever have more than 9 might stacks. That simply isn’t enough to make celestial efficient. Look at what eles, engies, and warriors are doing. You absolutely need to be able to maintain at least 15 at all times or celestial is totally worthless. That video just proves my point.

Also, the vast majority of players you fought were pretty awful, I mean staff guard, gs warrior, really?

Its old vid and I was only using sig of battle for might. Like I said b4 it works better in WvW Sig battle 6-9 stack , food 1 stack every time you dodge, and Bountiful interuption 5 stacks for every interrupt(no icd). Imo 9+ stack is a good base line of might for wvw.

Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Arikyali.5804

Anyway, I threw together this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJARWlknpRttpxMNcrNipBh6xUnlSyAUhSGixB-TVjFAB1eBAaRVFCeAAkoJAgjAgH6ACUJIw7PMjaFXohxJlZKp0A5DBApAKTXF-w <looks good? I’d very much prefer getting a solid idea for the gears before I go off and get them.

I might swap perplexity runes for traveler runes, and the trinkets are up for change. Could even drop 2 points in illusion for domination’s power block/confounding suggestions. Any tweaks to optimize it?

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

vincecontix.1264

Celestial Might stacking video I am only running traveler runes, if one was serious might stacking runes(strength/hoelbrake) would be desirable. This could give some players ideas, also show a quick look of my stats at the end of the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4SwGcHa-sU&feature=youtu.be

Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

Celestial hands down.

Bountiful Interruption would like to have a word with you.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Celestial hands down.

Bountiful Interruption would like to have a word with you.

Bountiful interruption isn’t reliable enough to use in a celestial build. It’s great when it works, but it just simply doesn’t provide that reliable uptime. Using bountiful interruption puts you in the position of ‘my build works great until it doesn’t work perfectly, at which point it works horribly’.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Flufferz.8907

Flufferz.8907

This is a build I made to test out for S/F. It’s been working pretty well in sPvP.
6/2/0/0/6
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsdBlkntMNOqhZtRMNEUXO+cSHIRjSFC-TVCFAByt/wkq/AwRA4KlgCcIAQS5Xa6DS4BAswJAAA-w

S/F + GS
Focus sets up a nice interrupt and normally baits out a dodge by people expecting an immediate pull. The knockdown sets up ileap into shatter for the kill. GS is your typical DPS weapon of choice.

The first utility is your preference, I’ve gone between signet of dom, mantra of distraction, portal, and arcane thievery but its up to you. Empowered Illusions, Far-Reaching Manipulations and Phantasmal Haste can all be changed based on what you want to do.

Since you have iPersona your shatters are key and setting up for them is a bit harder without the factory DE. This build pretty much sets up illusions and interrupts for initial damage, and when they’re low set up your shatter combo. Also never underestimate wastrel’s punishment, iWarden blocks, or a 0 illusion diversion-interrupt . Assassin’s or Zerker, lean towards assassins.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Flufferz.8907

Flufferz.8907

Forgot to mention you can also use sword or pistol if you don’t like focus. Good line daze and great dmg from iZerk, or stun setup from pistol. If you take pistol you may want to go back to standard glkittenter 4/4/0/0/6 build for bleed dmg on iDuelist. I’d still argue for focus though…dat utility saves lives

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Arikyali.5804

@ Flufferz – that looks fun for PvP, but way too glassy for WvW. But I enjoy trying new mesmer builds, so I’ll give yours a shot. ^^

Anyway, would someone be so kind as to rate my theory crafted build before I go off and farm for it? While it got lost in the debate about celestial gear…

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Celestial hands down.

:O sorry normally i agree with things you say, but :O. The majority of my mesmer builds (that i run) have about 15-22 stacks of might in fights solo.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJAWBGx0YQdZnNHJDohSGy4A-T1xHwA9U+N4JAce/Bv6CAcJA0r+DTlgkCoKhRA-w <my regular solo roaming wvw build.

I am not saying im a fan of cele on mesmer. Healing power is a waste imo, and mesmer has so much active defense that the toughness and vit are not as useful as they would be on other classes.

I have been a big fan of celestial gear since it came out, but i find it way more efficient on other professions.

Oh and OP pm Gloom Surgeon any time you see me in game i have so many random mesmer builds that i randomly kitten around with.

Ida

(edited by Pwent.2639)

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Celestial hands down.

:O sorry normally i agree with things you say, but :O. The majority of my mesmer builds (that i run) have about 15-22 stacks of might in fights solo.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJAWBGx0YQdZnNHJDohSGy4A-T1xHwA9U+N4JAce/Bv6CAcJA0r+DTlgkCoKhRA-w <my regular solo roaming wvw build.

There’s no way that you’re at 15-22 stacks of might in that build outside of during a shatter combo. Mesmer can burst might effectively with mirror blade and shatters, and you can use that to make a nasty combo incredibly powerful. However, celestial requires sustained might stacking, and mesmers lack that entirely.

Any unique builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Celestial hands down.

There’s no way that you’re at 15-22 stacks of might in that build outside of during a shatter combo. Mesmer can burst might effectively with mirror blade and shatters, and you can use that to make a nasty combo incredibly powerful. However, celestial requires sustained might stacking, and mesmers lack that entirely.

yeh i sit around 14 stacks with just weapon swapping and skills+ shattering lets say once every 10 seconds=18 stacks. Give it a try. Then again i use runes of strength in pvp.

Yeh just used runes of strength in pvp and sat inbetween 11-25 normally closer to 25. So happy might on shatter now works with IP.

Ida

(edited by Pwent.2639)