Anyone else have trouble with alts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

I’ve been leveling a Guardian alt for what seems like forever. I played him again the other night, and it’s a blast to play, plus the change of pace is nice every once in a while.

But I find myself going right back to my Mesmer after a max of 1-2 play sessions because I either want to try a new build or just plain get the itch to play him again.

Anyone else have this problem? I think I’m destined to only ever have 1 level 80 ><

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: zelrok.3546

zelrok.3546

^ Yes.

The more I level up my other guys (ranger level 31 is my highest alt), the more builds and things I want to try on my mesmer. It happens.

Eradon Terrace
Zelrok Saegrid (Mes)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

No, not at all. I constantly go from one profession to another, whenever I make up a build I think is worth exploring into. I love to have several different profession I can chose from, that each offers something different. That’s the benefit of not having the holy trinity. It’s also a lot of fun to make a new character look really bad ass, using previews, and then work your way up to get that gear.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

All of the characters in my sig are 80 with exotics and ascended items. I love my Mesmer the most because of her look, the class mechanic, etc. However I find my Ranger to be the most challenging and the most fun. The Thief is just easy mode and I don’t play her much anymore. With that said there are times when I’m on my Ranger and the few times that I lose a 1v1 I find myself saying “if I was on my mesmer, you’d be dead” lol. Things just go so well together for the mesmer class compared to some others. On my Ranger it’s an uphill battle that 90% of the time I don’t mind, the 10% comes from a lack of stealth that I use all the time on my Mesmer to exit the scene. In summation, yes the Mesmer has spoiled meh!

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I’m presently working on a guardian and I only have two major issues with it. First, their long range weapons leave a lot to be desired. I can excuse the staff as it can hit 5 enemies at once and has a ridiculously wide arc. I can’t complain about 12 stacks of might AND a heal from skill 4, even if it leaves me anchored and vulnerable. The scepter, on the other hand, has auto-attack that is so painfully slow, I can’t even fathom using it.

My other problem is a lack of Blink. Sure there are a lot of powers that teleport me to enemies but none that teleport me away. This leaves me searching for another get-out-of-jail-free ability.

On the plus side, downed skill #3 is amazing! If i can last long enough for it to be up, I can usually get myself up! There was one situation where I went down next to another guardian and we both used it at the same time. He went from nearly dead to back on his feet in 2 seconds! That is how downed skills should work!

If anet would just release some battle gowns for heavy armor wearers, my guardian would likely replace my elementalist as my secondary.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Areyia Rose.7046

Areyia Rose.7046

i have the same issue but in dungeons i do actually run my guardian mostly except in CoF everywhere else its my guardian but i do have a ranger ele and a warrior that i rarely touch because i would rather be on my mesmer. I’m also making an engineer at this time but i keep running back to mesmer cause i love the class so much! not saying these are my hours its a rough estimate but about 1800 hours was played on my mesmer.. overall it is like 2200 hours.. >.>;

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Love my mesmer too much to play other things, although I do have a few other 80s… none are geared because I just wind up going back to the mesmer. In fact, I made a mesmer alt just to meander around in pve when my internet is acting up and I’m lagging too much to wvw lmao

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

yes.
i have five 80’s (AH guardian, Shatter mesmer, Hybrid damage necro, d/d ele, trap ranger). Guardian was my main and mesmer was the last of the five character slots for me to fill……hated mesmer until i got to about lvl 50…….then it became my main. Insanely fun to play and incredibly effective at whatever you want to do. the only alt i still play from time to time is the AH guardian, because it simply is better at some things than my mesmer (soloing certain content in Orr) or its needed in a dungeon run.

mesmer….all bugs considered, is by far my favorite class to play.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

If anet would just release some battle gowns for heavy armor wearers, my guardian would likely replace my elementalist as my secondary.[/quote]

You should try draconic or the HotW legs. I was aiming for the same look and am pretty content with these

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

it took me eight months, but I finally leveled up a second toon, which was a guardian actually. I did it mainly to help my guild in WvW, but it’s also my second favorite profession. I had the same problem you did where I simply got bored playing other professions. I tried to level a necro and a engineer, but neither are as fun so far as the mesmer.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: JesseBensen.4817

JesseBensen.4817

I know exactly what you mean. Mesmer was the first toon I created during the weekend headstart, since then ive leveled up 4 other 80s, but I find myself crawling back to Mesmer after a couple hours on the rest. it has more to do with the amount of time and the skill level I play on Mesmer more then anything id assume. for now ive decided the others are for pve, and Mesmer is for pvp/wvw

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

My first main was a guardian but i retired him after some months because the class seemed kinda boring. I’m still using him for PvE and fractals, though.

Started a mesmer afterwards (and had a short thief period but i don’t like the playstyle) and am currently owning 4 full sets of armor, saving up for a fifth.

I recently started playing engi and i can’t wait for him to reach 80. The list of what a single build is capable to almost seems too good to be real: High condition damage divided in bleeds, burns and poison, decent power damage, tankiness, perma-swiftness and -vigor, perma AoE chill, multiple blocks/invuls on short cd’s and decent to high heals. I might overestimate the capabilities of my build but at least on paper it looks extremely powerful.