Anyone using Wanderer amulet?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I am experimenting with converting my WvW roamer build to something for pvp.

I’m currently looking at something like this, and I’m wondering if anyone else uses the Wanderer amulet for something similar. (I’m guessing there will never be Dire or Trailblazer amulets)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnknBlphVoBGqBEgilnj6sACgDreQP0FFdxynDA-TJRFABnXGAgnAgS7PMwpAAA

Also, I’ve seen a few posts where condition duration sounds like it isn’t that valuable in pvp. My own experiences in pvp (at lowly rank 30) and wvw, are that eventually the opponent runs out of cleanses and it’s great to be able to put on some long-lasting condis. I’m guessing that in pvp fights with multiple opponents, there are just so many cleanses that this doesn’t work? This build optimizes for long condi durations

Thx!

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I feel like Viper would probably be better. Glassy as hell, but I’m sure that something decent can come from it.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Thx. I find that I’m so used to having the durability of Dire in wvw that I just don’t do well with really glassy pvp builds.

I suppose it’s a learn to play kind of thing, but I’m looking at Wanderer as a step away from my current Settlers amulet. So it’s pretty glassy on a relative scale… lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Why not just use Rabid?

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

I’m curious to see if a long condi duration build is viable. The long duration has some interesting consequences like someone hitting you in a long fight and running away for almost two seconds because of the fear while they have a few torment stacks.

I suppose rabid is more practical, so I’ll probably just try that as my first step from settlers.

What sigils do people use primarily with condi builds and rabid? I was considering earth and blood.

in Mesmer

nearlight.3064

Most people use a combination of geomancy, doom, and energy. Bursting can also work too. Earth sigil is really bad.
I tried viper chrono earlier but revenant does it so much better..

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

—> Earth sigil is really bad.

Why? on crit with 2sec CD if you have a good crit% this should be better then geomancy.
And Wanderer + soldier rune sounds pretty nice unless wanderer has wrong stats shown but its a good alternative to rabid.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

DPS numbers say Sigil of Earth is better than Bursting for anything below something like 80 EBSs(Effective Bleed Stacks). No math I’ve done shows chrono can come even close to that, so long-term dps supports Sigil of Earth.

That said that’s long-term dps. Still, I still rotate between Bursting, Doom and Earth at times, to see how it feels.

Energy is a given if you are comfortable using it.

The gist of the benefit of swap-sigils over crit-sigils is the reliability. Sigil of Earth will almost certainly get you more bleed stacks over time…just maybe not when you need it most.
It’s something I think you’d be best off testing for yourself, and not taking anyone else’s word for.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Thx much for the help!

Definitely testing is key for me to decide what actually works best. I’m not as comfortable in pvp as I am roaming in WvW, so I tend to make more stupid mistakes. That tends to make it harder for me to get a good qualitative feel for what is actually working better. So I try to tap into the wisdom here a bit before I try a test.

For what it’s worth, I’m considering doing my next testing with the rabid amulet and using both earth and geomancy sigils on both weapon sets.

Thx again!

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

rabid>wanderer
more armor, crit chance, condi dmg

viper>sinister
more power, little bit less condi dmg and more duration so overall 1-2 sec much better tick

geo>earth – not because the effectivness rather 3 proc when you need the most and not just over time …

mesmer condi> revenant (mine pov)
little bit more glassy, more blocks, blind, cc, alacrity, portal if taken, good torement and higher confusion stack
i can do 1v1 24 confusion, and 18 torment in best scenarios and average 15 stacks both confusion and torement

rev has better mobility with assassin, and when cover with condi he spam his utilities to get resistance which can be stripped as a boon . got great torment aoe but will deplet the energy fast so only AA and vulnerability, ok burning and confusion cover
rev dont need illussion to proc the condition where as mesmer does

in Mesmer

nearlight.3064

As an aside, I’ve been able to get wanderer’s amulet to work fantastically on necromancer with shouts and curses (for the precision to condi damage trait).

87% chill duration may be overkill though..

For mesmer I think it’d just be better to go full out into alacrity support in some way, which doesn’t feel as good with conditions compared to power/support imo.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..