Are Chronomancers Any Good?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magic Faze.9613

Magic Faze.9613

Hi, basically as the title says are they any good in terms of dps? and how are they for pvp?

in Mesmer

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Hi, play one for a few hours and see if you like it or not.

in Mesmer

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Good in PvP. They see their fair share in the current esport matchups.

They don’t do too much dps by themselves, but buff the groups’s dps a lot (alacrity, quickness).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

They are amazing. They are great for solo pve, an absolute necessity for raids, and even pretty good in pvp. Seriously, try them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kusaku.9056

Kusaku.9056

I would argue that they are the most powerful class in the game at the moment.
I run a close combat chronotank build, 27k hp 3k armour, drops aoe buffs and heals constantlyand has a high dmg output.
There’s also that wvw bonus atm…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.5179

Harbinger.5179

I would argue that they are the most powerful class in the game at the moment.
I run a close combat chronotank build, 27k hp 3k armour, drops aoe buffs and heals constantlyand has a high dmg output.
There’s also that wvw bonus atm…..

Would you mind linking to your build or explaining a bit further?. I am really interested with what you’ve said here.

in Mesmer

Kusaku.9056

It is very much a work in progress but here:
http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhEQNAseRncfC9filfCufCEgilZjyMEGmWqMAutkp+WD2jF-T1RBABVq+Tg7PAyZUILlfnpEMP9NA8oCCAcA8bf77v57v/+7lXe5lXe5W+3l/d5lLFAFLjA-w

Iv been told that i may want to swap the greatsword for the staff so that i get the escape skill + chaos armour.
I also tend 2 swap 2 of the wells with decoy and blink alot and then back again when i need them, The wells are normally better as a support skill while blink/decoy are better for roaming.

in Mesmer

Kusaku.9056

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

Chronomancers significantly buff both their party and themselves, and while their damage isn’t competing for the highest tier, it is very good. Given how much quickness a Chrono can apply, it would HAVE to be. Chronos also have additional survival and protection skills, and can still do everything else that Mesmers do. Oh, and they have perma-swift as a minor trait.

They’re really, really strong right now, and personally I find them a blast to play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

I’ve got to be honest after only playing warrior and revenant chronomancer and tempest sound like an enjoyable experience. So, how good are they in pve solo? I’m aware of how good they are in PvP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

I wrote a bit more about chrono and its gameplay (from my experience) here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Some-help-needed-with-Chronomancer/first#post5821344

+ some posts below on that thread (answering Adjust.6903s questions about my experience)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

They’re ok.

Better than warrior/thief.
Kind of on par with Druid/DH/ele.
Weaker than Herald/Reaper/Scrapper.

The whole game has power creep.