Are Mesmers OP? Or am I just fighting bads?

in Mesmer

Posted by: lossofmotivation.3407

lossofmotivation.3407

I have played with every profession and i can say that mesmer is the best for me.
It is a class where you have to know your enemy better than yourself, because you must think how you would react if you were your enemy and play against yourself… thats what a mesmer is!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Facing the mesmer is not simply a mindgame. Players who are experts at picking out the real mesmer still don’t have a really good chance when bugged phantasms are stacking 20+ confusion on a build that hardly shatters. Signet of Ilusions probably has the strongest passive of all signets in the game because illusions gain pretty much all of your stats except vitality, making them unrealistic targets, especially when you are facing a phantasm mesmer. Nevermind the fact that a mesmer stacking toughness/healing/precision condition damage can stack almost constant regeneration/protection through nothing but passive effects gained through traits via illusions that are not realistic targets during a fight if he has specced the right way.

High crit chance+toughness mesmers have such a ridiculous advantage over most professions that it’s really laughable, especially since illusions do not have a chance to bleed on crit when you invest in Dueling; they automatically bleed. There’s so much that mesmers have become accustomed to that any nerfs will send them into ragefits for weeks at a time.

There’s more to the mesmer that’s broken than this, but I figured you might want an example.

You “forgot” to mention all the bugs that are actually a handicap for mesmers, if those are fixed, we can talk about balancing.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

The mesmer is not OP.

Ok people are complaining about phantasms,and shatter builds. claiming that they are OP. hello people!!! If you trait specifically to something. It would be stupid if it were not strong. Right now the maximum damage u get if you are going all out on phantasms or shatters is huge. Though not so huge so as to be instant kill!(stop exaggerating. its not op) on top of that both these builds can be easily shut down. In fact they can be shut down super easily with the new nerfs to the class. Yes I get the elites. They are a real eye catcher. They are probably the most powerful elites in the game. But they have huge cool downs(yes that is important). Moa morph can be dodged super easily. Assuming you have the skill needed to actually see it coming. Time warp….is powerful in team fights. But 1v1 its not really instant kill. Assuming you have the right build(stuns, kite,anti condition,etc).
Really the mesmer class just like the theif gets easy kills if there opponents are new to the game mechanics. In fact people new to fighting Mesmers are bound to lose to a decent mesmer. Why?…because fighting a mesmer is more different than fighting any other class except maybe the thief. Theifs go poof and there gone. Mesmers really drive you crazy if you are new. Or if you will not change the way you fight them. Simply because they hide in plain sight. Really it’s like the eye spy game. It’s so obvious once you find it.. Yet it’s so frustrating trying to find it if you do not have the experience playing eye spy with Mesmers.

Is it more easy to play mesmer than any other class?……….haha…hahahaha are u joking? I have played every single class(elementalist,gaurdian, warrior, ranger,necromancer, engineer, thief, and yes mesmer) all in spvp, tpvp. And most of them(not all)in a wvw. (Kinda hard to get 8 characters to 80). And although I have to admit that they do get free kills when fighting unskilled mesmer fighters (clone trouble). Which by my experience is about 50-30 percent of the players. No wonder so meny people are begging for a nerf. People will just jump to the conclusion that the mesmer is simply OP(due to the untold thousands of posts saying it is), and will just wait until the mesmer class is nerfed to the point where they can beat them without changing they way they fight at all(which is stupidly lazy). Really the mesmer class is no harder to beat than any other class using any other class. Assuming you have taken the time to learn how to fight it. But hay don’t think that I am claiming this for laughs and giggles. I have actually tested this with my friends. My elementalist friend. Who is experienced in fighting Mesmers. agreed to test this with me. So I fought him with my mesmer, and with my gaurdian. And really there was very little difference in difficulty. Mainly due to build and my skill with both classes. As I cannot be equal in skill with both right. But really it was close. In fact the gaurdian was a little easier to fight with. Though elementalist do have good aoe. So I also tested this with some of my other friends(necro,ranger,engi,and another gaurdian). Really when my friends were able to see past the clones. Then it became just as easy to fight as ever other class. The mesmer will not have to put out much effort to fight someone that falls for the mesmer mind trick(these are not the clones your looking for xD ) oh and if you think that clones are not much of a threat if you lose track of the mesmer. Think again!!!!

Think about it. If you are fighting a mesmer, and you lose track of them. You are giving the mesmer such a huge advantage, and giving yourself such a huge disadvantage that is dependent on your build and skill to recover from that situation. If you really on pin point damage. then damaging the mesmer is gonna be a little difficult right? As you will not be aimed at the mesmer. Which results in you doing little to no damage to the mesmer. Really this mostly happens to warriors, and thieves. Though you could avert this by not depending totally on the auto aiming system. Really you can depend on that auto aim for any other class other than the mesmer. this is one reason why the mesmer is on top. it’s not a OP problem. Just a “too different from every other class problem”. But hay its not a problem if you have the skill to adapt. It’s not much of a change. So it’s really a problem of lazy gamers that don’t want to change the way they fight and simply want a nerf to support them in that regard.

If you lose track of the mesmer you can be hit with anything withought knowing it coming. And because you don’t know it’s coming. you probably will not be able to dodge it right? Really have you ever been moa morphed. And of those times you have been moad. How meny times did you see it coming……… See my point?

in Mesmer

Chaos.3579

I really don’t know why we have 3 different armor levels. Really how are the classes that use the lowest level armor suppose to beat the classes that use the highest level armor. Do the lowest ones have to put out more damage? Or simply have more powerful/useful skills? What we make complicated for lore xD.

Really the big arguments are
Moa morph: really if you don’t lose the mesmer. And know the animation. Then you should be able to dodge this. This skill is not what is pushing the Mesmers wins.

Phantasms: really these builds can easily be countered. Even more so with the new nerfs. The damage is not instant kill, they can be killed easily, and they have averagely a 7 second cool down in which they do nothing but follow you around. Really nothing to complain about.

Shatter builds: ok the ability to put out 7 k damage with one shatter is poweraful. But not OP. for one it leaves the mesmer vulnerable because he is now in the open with no illusion cover. It also has 30 second cool down which is decent for that much damage. Also the 7k is only with 3 illusions. When it most likely will be 2 or 1. The confusion is a self killer if you have a lot of stacks on ya. But really it has such a low time span that you really just have to bear through one sec. Of doing nothing. Don’t use skills if you have a lot of stacks of confusion. You will kill yourself you confused idiot. xD

Portal: this is a very powerful skill. The ability to bring a large number of troops from one area instantaneously to another is a must have for wvw. But really it does not make this class OP by itself in both sPVP, and tPVP. It makes the class annoying(which I thought was the point). But really it gives no 1v1 advantage in combat between 2 different classes. Unless you consider running away an advantage. xD

Time warp: ok this one I admit is on the fence of being OP.simply because there is no way of perfectly countering it in a 1v1. And in team fights it dominates. But really looking at its cool down it puts me on the fence with it. Right now the cool down is at 2 minutes and 30 seconds. If it was at a solid 3 minutes then It would be considered very powerful. But not OP.

Really though you cannot condemn a class OP just by looking at there elites. Unless they are game ending every time. Though a lot of people like to say ithe mesmer elites are. They are not. They are powerful but not game ending. Looking at the utility I have too say that portal stands out. But really that is not OP. very useful and powerful. But not OP.
time warp is the only real argument. And if it is in actuality OP. it alone cannot make the class OP.

Over all the class shines more than any other class(it is most noticeable) . Though it is not more poweraful than any other class. Really arena net did a amazing job making the class and balancing everything in total with the otherr classes. even though they did make it the source of jealousy between classes in gw2. It looks a little spiky. But looking at it correctly you can see it is only a little bumpy. a little trimming here and there could fix that. Though it does not need a huge remake like so meny people like to say. It is just as difficult to beat as every other class using every other class, and although it does have a bigger advantage than most classes when fighting players that are unexpirience. It is not OP in that regard. Really the class has gotten the MOST wins because MOST people are not used to fighting it, and those that wonder why they lose will look up at the Internet. But see only stuff saying that Mesmers are OP. this of course will result in the player believing that nothing is wrong with how he was fighting the mesmer, and instead that the mesmer is simply OP. because of this. Nearly 50 percent of the gamers will not change the way they fight Mesmers, and because of that Mesmers get free wins xD .

Mesmers are interesting, confusing, and powerful. But not OP. well at least to those that have taken the time to understand the class. And adapt there fighting style accordingly.

unlike those that simply will wait for the mesmer to be nerfed to nothing, and will not change the way they fight Mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Really the class has gotten the MOST wins because MOST people are not used to fighting it, and those that wonder why they lose will look up at the Internet. But see only stuff saying that Mesmers are OP. this of course will result in the player believing that nothing is wrong with how he was fighting the mesmer, and instead that the mesmer is simply OP. because of this. Nearly 50 percent of the gamers will not change the way they fight Mesmers, and because of that Mesmers get free wins xD

Very much this.

My thief and warrior friends does extremely well against mesmers because they know not only how to handle them, but thanks to my advice, their weak spots.

90% of people I kill can be dropped neatly into two piles:
1) People I got the jump on, who failed to recognise the threat before I had a 6-clone shatter combo set up, (And down they go)

2) People who wasted valuable cooldowns and time attacking me in ways that are ineffectual. (ie. hundred blades while I still have a stun breaker. Burning cooldowns while I’m distorted. Buying my decoy while I prepare a killing blow etc)

A little bit of knowledge goes a LONG way

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

The answer to your question is to combine both halves of the dichotomy:

Mesmers are OP against bad players. This is true about thieves too BTW.

Mesmers have so many ways to take advantage of bad players that they seem extremely powerful when you fight against a bad player. So many of the mesmer’s core mechanics involve things that will send a bad player for a mindspin but won’t have nearly as much effect on a good player.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Really the class has gotten the MOST wins because MOST people are not used to fighting it, and those that wonder why they lose will look up at the Internet. But see only stuff saying that Mesmers are OP. this of course will result in the player believing that nothing is wrong with how he was fighting the mesmer, and instead that the mesmer is simply OP. because of this. Nearly 50 percent of the gamers will not change the way they fight Mesmers, and because of that Mesmers get free wins xD

Very much this.

My thief and warrior friends does extremely well against mesmers because they know not only how to handle them, but thanks to my advice, their weak spots.

90% of people I kill can be dropped neatly into two piles:
1) People I got the jump on, who failed to recognise the threat before I had a 6-clone shatter combo set up, (And down they go)

2) People who wasted valuable cooldowns and time attacking me in ways that are ineffectual. (ie. hundred blades while I still have a stun breaker. Burning cooldowns while I’m distorted. Buying my decoy while I prepare a killing blow etc)

A little bit of knowledge goes a LONG way

lol you’re nicer then i am, i don’t tell my friends the flaws in my build (or mesmers in general) i just laugh maniacally as they fall for all my tricks and desperately try to kill my illusions because they think they’re me (signet of illusion is a god send when you’re a toughness mesmer >=D )

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Chaos.3579

I will go over why clones can kill people that are unexpirience with them in more detail. Even though I should give you guys some more time to digest my HUuUGE speech above.(I even had to post it in 2 postes because I hit the 5001 character limit xD .

Ok we all know that clones are meant to confuse the opponents mind mentally. Though not meny people actually know how much disadvantage you are putting yourself in. by not mastering the ability to see through it to the point where you are not wasting skills(weapon,utility,elite….really elite) , and are damaging the Mesmers consistently (because if you are attacking a clone you are most likely not damaging the mesmer right?) Because most any newbie would not be able to see through a clone. They will most likely waste skills that could have otherwise have been used to damage the mesmer. Or give them a advantage over the mesmer in another way. Really think about it. If you waste a 100blades, And you lose that fight. If it was a close game to the point where a solid 100 blades would have won you the fight if it had landed. Then maybe you can start to see the importance of not wasting skills. I know that most players will not waste a lot of skills. But they will waste some. Which results in a huge disadvantage for unskilled Mesmers clone fighters.
Of course by loosing track of the mesmer. You are not only setting yourself up for another game of hide and seek. No. You are actually giving the mesmer an advantage that Is game ending for you. If you lose the mesmer then you cannot know that he is attacking until it is to late right. Moa morph, stun, daze, knock back. All of which could have been dodged easily. But no more
I am not saying that around 50 percent of gamers are simply noobs. in fact what i am saying is that newbies( new) and people that do not master this easy to learn, and must needed skill to fight mesmers. will lose most of the time. in fact most of what i believe to be the unskilled 50 percent is mostly made up of people that do not know the importance of this. simply because after they lose to a mesmer, and they dont know why they actually lost. they will then look up the internet, and see only stuff saying that mesmers are op. not anything that mentions there playing style may have been off. if the player believes that the mesmer was OP instead of that his fighting style was off.. that player will sit and wait for the mesmer to be nerfed to the point where the player can beat it withought changing the way he fights it. instead of just changing the way he fights it. which would of resulted in a increase in victories. and a decrease in mesmer fighting difficulty Really for this reason of most people (around 50 percent of players). Mainly newbies to fighting Mesmers. Or simply people that do not realize the gravity of there lacking skill in this area, and will not increase there skill because of it. Will lose constantly to most Mesmers. For this reason the mesmer at first look seems easier to play than most classes. Simply because if around 50 percent of players are easy wins. Then of course the mesmer will look like a bad kitten without putting much effort fighting most players.
Really the idea that the mesmer is easier to play then most classes is kinda of a trick statement. In reality they are easier to play when facing people that are not fighting it correctly( which only takes a little time to learn how to do). But when fighting people that actually know how to fight it. Then it become just as hard to play as every other class. Really most people will not learn how to fight other classes. Which is ok for most. But really some classes will punish more than others for that players ignorance. This one is at the top in that regard.

(edited by Chaos.3579)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Facing the mesmer is not simply a mindgame. Players who are experts at picking out the real mesmer still don’t have a really good chance when bugged phantasms are stacking 20+ confusion on a build that hardly shatters. Signet of Ilusions probably has the strongest passive of all signets in the game because illusions gain pretty much all of your stats except vitality, making them unrealistic targets, especially when you are facing a phantasm mesmer. Nevermind the fact that a mesmer stacking toughness/healing/precision condition damage can stack almost constant regeneration/protection through nothing but passive effects gained through traits via illusions that are not realistic targets during a fight if he has specced the right way.

High crit chance+toughness mesmers have such a ridiculous advantage over most professions that it’s really laughable, especially since illusions do not have a chance to bleed on crit when you invest in Dueling; they automatically bleed. There’s so much that mesmers have become accustomed to that any nerfs will send them into ragefits for weeks at a time.

There’s more to the mesmer that’s broken than this, but I figured you might want an example.

You “forgot” to mention all the bugs that are actually a handicap for mesmers, if those are fixed, we can talk about balancing.

Mesmers have more trait synergy and less hugely detrimental bugs than most professions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chriswck.6490

Chriswck.6490

Before all else, I’d like to mention that skill >= build. A good tell of whether the opponent is good is how efficiently he uses dodge. Second, I don’t think mesmers as a whole is OP – I think once the majority of the community begins to understand a bit more about how mesmers work, then mesmers will be easier to take on.

It is probably a better mentality to assume that we are not playing the guardian and ranger to its potential, rather than coming to the conclusion that the mesmer is OP. This way, we open ourselves to see avenues for self-improvement!
I don’t play Ranger, but I do play guardian and mesmer. Everytime I switch to the other, it takes a while for me to readjust, because the playstyle is just so different.

I guess you can take it from here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

I’ll just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLnoZj_5lfQ

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in Mesmer

Leuca.5732

Before all else, I’d like to mention that skill >= build. A good tell of whether the opponent is good is how efficiently he uses dodge. Second, I don’t think mesmers as a whole is OP – I think once the majority of the community begins to understand a bit more about how mesmers work, then mesmers will be easier to take on.

It is probably a better mentality to assume that we are not playing the guardian and ranger to its potential, rather than coming to the conclusion that the mesmer is OP. This way, we open ourselves to see avenues for self-improvement!
I don’t play Ranger, but I do play guardian and mesmer. Everytime I switch to the other, it takes a while for me to readjust, because the playstyle is just so different.

There are quite a few setups that are just too easy to use that dish out loads of damage while maintaining decent survivability. This has nothing to do with the community “understanding how mesmers work”; some of their mechanics are simply overpowered when compared to those of other professions.

in Mesmer

Chaos.3579

There are quite a few setups that are just too easy to use that dish out loads of damage while maintaining decent survivability. This has nothing to do with the community “understanding how mesmers work”; some of their mechanics are simply overpowered when compared to those of other professions.

I have a few questions for you before I post a counter for some of your claims.

1) you have stated that “this is not a problem with the community understanding mesmers”.
Do you think that the mental confusion brought on by clones is not a problem to the non understanding player? If not why? If yes how much of a problem do you think it is?

2) you said " There are quite a few setups that are just too easy to use that dish out loads of damage".
What are those set ups you are mentioning in terms of damage?

3) you said that “There are quite a few setups that are just too easy to use that dish out loads of damage while maintaining decent survivability”.
When you said survivability what were you mentioning? What skills gives the mesmer that suvivabilty that you claim the mesmer has?

In my opinion. This is a matter of understanding the class. I have played every single class in gw2 to the point close to mastery. And from that expirience. as well as the experience from watching other players. I have noticed that they will most of the time only have a understanding of their own class, and not very meny others. This will of course result in that player only knowing what he is doing specifically, and not what his opponent is doing specifically. now i am not saying that the player will not know when to dodge at all. but he will have a disadvantage in being able to perceive what his opponent is doing, and from there the most effective way to counter it. Now this is not much of a problem with most opponents. But some classes will punish players for their ignorance more than others. The mesmer class is at the top of punishing ignorant players in that regard.

So really the statement that “This has nothing to do with the community understanding how mesmers work” is idiotic.(no offense)

(edited by Chaos.3579)

in Mesmer

Leuca.5732

I have a few questions for you before I post a counter for some of your claims.

1) you have stated that “this is not a problem with the community understanding mesmers”.
Do you think that the mental confusion brought on by clones is not a problem to the non understanding player? If not why? If yes how much of a problem do you think it is?

2) you said " There are quite a few setups that are just too easy to use that dish out loads of damage".
What are those set ups you are mentioning in terms of damage?

3) you said that “There are quite a few setups that are just too easy to use that dish out loads of damage while maintaining decent survivability”.
When you said survivability what were you mentioning? What skills gives the mesmer that suvivabilty that you claim the mesmer has?

In my opinion. This is a matter of understanding the class. I have played every single class in gw2 to the point close to mastery. And from that expirience. as well as the experience from watching other players. I have noticed that they will most of the time only have a understanding of their own class, and not very meny others. This will of course result in that player only knowing what he is doing specifically, and not what his opponent is doing specifically. now i am not saying that the player will not know when to dodge at all. but he will have a disadvantage in being able to perceive what his opponent is doing, and from there the most effective way to counter it. Now this is not much of a problem with most opponents. But some classes will punish players for their ignorance more than others. The mesmer class is at the top of punishing ignorant players in that regard.

So really the statement that “This has nothing to do with the community understanding how mesmers work” is idiotic.(no offense)

I’m going to answer your questions with a single question. What weapon sets would you choose if your mesmer had a Rabid Amulet equipped? Please do not tell me it is up to preference; there is a clear winner among mesmer weapons with this basic guideline.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

It’s cute reading mesmer mains desperately trying to save their class from the nerf bat hehehe.

(im a girl btw)

in Mesmer

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Admittedly, I enjoy reading how thieves in the thief forum are desperately trying to stop stealth, dmg nerfs via L2P comments, and how Anet had to create an entire thread and basically say “Ok, we know thief is broken, how do we fix it?” (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback)

Then again, suggest a nerf on any class forum, and you see a lot of people coming in and saying “NO! we got nerfed already! Guuu away!” :P

Entertaining but thief forum is sooo much better!

in Mesmer

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

Admittedly, I enjoy reading how thieves in the thief forum are desperately trying to stop stealth, dmg nerfs via L2P comments, and how Anet had to create an entire thread and basically say “Ok, we know thief is broken, how do we fix it?” (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback)

Then again, suggest a nerf on any class forum, and you see a lot of people coming in and saying “NO! we got nerfed already! Guuu away!” :P

Entertaining but thief forum is sooo much better!

It’s even funnier when people claim warrior is broken, that is the biggest bait of the L2P comment.

(im a girl btw)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

Mesmers are insanely OP to anyone willing to master them. I watched one level 80 Mesmer easily solo 3 level 80 players and 5 veteran NPCs at a supply camp in WvW.

The cooldown on invisibility needs to be doubled.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shaolin.7981

Shaolin.7981

mesmer not op ha.

It’s the only class that can Puth all the condition’s there are ingame on you Tons of boons.
he got stealth he got blinks got ranged got melee got clones.

Mesmer’s are like the faceroll class even if you spam evrything you wil do tons of dmg.
ugh ugh ugh (thief).

If you want to beat a mesmer use Superior sigil of melandru But. no one in Wvw/spvp
Would go anti conditions.

mesmers are not even close to wat they where in gw1 so why call them mesmer’s?

And yes one of the most op Classes In guild wars 2. By far!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

mesmer is not OP, if you ask me it has lots of UP skills, mantras being the major sucky utility skills.

the trick about mesmers (especially in sPvP) is knowing how to distinguish between the mesmer and it’s clones, once you’ve figured that you basically have just another caster on your hands.

Clones are a good defense, which most people don’t recognize. You really don’t want to know, how many projectiles and AoE (hint, AoE limit is 5) ticks these absorb just because they are there.

It doesn’t matter if you know who is the right mesmer.

Take a pistol thief for example. If there are 3 clones around the mesmer, it doesn’t really matter if he knows who the mesmer is. Chances are, he is going to hit a clone, although he is targeting the mesmer.

This is stuff which get ignored almost all the time, as it is far easier to say ‘Oh you just have to learn to distinguish the mesmer from his clones.’

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

mesmer is not OP, if you ask me it has lots of UP skills, mantras being the major sucky utility skills.

the trick about mesmers (especially in sPvP) is knowing how to distinguish between the mesmer and it’s clones, once you’ve figured that you basically have just another caster on your hands.

Clones are a good defense, which most people don’t recognize. You really don’t want to know, how many projectiles and AoE (hint, AoE limit is 5) ticks these absorb just because they are there.

Take a pistol thief for example. If there are 3 clones around the mesmer, it doesn’t really matter if he knows who the mesmer is. Chances are, he is going to hit a clone, although he is targeting the mesmer.

This is stuff which get ignored almost all the time, as it is far easier to say ‘Oh you just have to learn to distinguish the mesmer from his clones.’

Sorry. Any thief that hits clones instead of the real mesmer is terrible. This hasn’t been ignored — Most just realize that if you can’t hit the real mesmer than you shouldn’t be fighting a mesmer.

They are not overpowered. People just don’t know how to fight them properly. Plenty do however, including a D/P thief I played earlier who NEVER lost target on me when I was using my phantasm build and basically blinded me whenever I went to spawn them. This thief knew exactly how to counter my build and I’m sure there are plenty of thieves out there who don’t hit clones.

Learn 2 Play issue.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Sorry. Any thief that hits clones instead of the real mesmer is terrible. This hasn’t been ignored — Most just realize that if you can’t hit the real mesmer than you shouldn’t be fighting a mesmer.

They are not overpowered. People just don’t know how to fight them properly. Plenty do however, including a D/P thief I played earlier who NEVER lost target on me when I was using my phantasm build and basically blinded me whenever I went to spawn them. This thief knew exactly how to counter my build and I’m sure there are plenty of thieves out there who don’t hit clones.

Learn 2 Play issue.

It was an example.
There are tons of projectiles.

There are also clones, which just run inbetween you are your target (even if you are not attacking the mesmer).
Saying that you can always avoid hitting clones is something I would like to see a proof of.

Of course it is far easier to just say L2P without any real substance.

I would btw never play P/P thief in s/tPvP. A ranger would be enough to block all of your projectiles.
Seriously those pets seem annoyingly good at just standing directly between you and your target.

Edit:
Oh btw, awesome how you ignored the AoE thing I also wrote about

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Noobs

Facing any decent player most classes can 1v1 mesmer’s if they’re specced for solo fighting.

You’ll hear people say they 1v3’d people. Recognize those people also sucked.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Learn 2 Play issue.

It was an example.
There are tons of projectiles.

There are also clones, which just run inbetween you are your target (even if you are not attacking the mesmer).
Saying that you can always avoid hitting clones is something I would like to see a proof of.

Of course it is far easier to just say L2P without any real substance.

I would btw never play P/P thief in s/tPvP. A ranger would be enough to block all of your projectiles.
Seriously those pets seem annoyingly good at just standing directly between you and your target.

Edit:
Oh btw, awesome how you ignored the AoE thing I also wrote about

Sure, clones act as a sort of defense, but without the signet, they die with a sneeze. The tell-tale signs of the real mesmer are all too obvious sometimes and if you can’t pick them out, then you need more practice. Considering how fast clones die, unless they’re running at you, they should drop extremely quickly if they’re blocking the path from pistol to mesmer. There are three solutions to this: (1) if they are running at you, dodge the shatter; (2) if they’re standing still, you can burst through them easy; (3) if you don’t feel like bursting through them FLANK around them and hit the real one.

As for the AoE, that’s actually a good strategy (for example, for a shortbow thief) to destroy shattering clones/phantasms. Once they drop, there’s only so many times a mesmer can dodge before he gets hit by every bit of that AoE.

You make it sound as if you want to stand in one spot the entire fight and unload without anything in your way. Maybe they should nerf shields and wall of reflection too.

It’s really not that hard. Really.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

The reason i dont see mesmers as op….. since i play a mesmer……i can get on almost any other class and kill another mesmer….. because im not stupid while fighting them.