Are chronomancers hard to play? (New player)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Glenn.1780

Glenn.1780

Just about to start my gw2 adventure,

After doing some research about the classes I think the chronomancer looks the most fun to play with all the utilities they can provide to a team.

However I looked up some guides on YT and it seems like one of the harder classes to learn and play, so would it be a good idea to start out as one?

Also would it be hard to find raid groups?

*Tips about chrono’s & gw2 in general would be appriciated aswell :-)

Thanks,

~ Glenn

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Are you looking to do PvP, WvW, PvE or a mix of them all?

If PvE is it open world exploring, fractals/dungeons, raids or roleplaying?

Essentially you might want to describe what you want to do and what you like to play as in games and then people can make sure you know what you will be good at and what you will be bad at. They can also recommend a more fitting class should there be one.

Also remember you can always make one and play is as a second character, one of the advantages about there be not much of a gear grind.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

I don’t think they’re hard to play personally. I might recommend leveling up you Mesmer not getting and instant 80. By the time you level to 80 finish unlocking chrono you should have a firm grip on the class. It’s not super easy to find raid groups unless you don’t mind pugs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I don’t think any class in gw2 can be described as difficult to play – they’re all on the easy side compared with some other games. So if you want to play mesmer, just go for it. You’ll pick it up no problem.

That said, difficulty depends on game mode and build. We have one or two easy builds to play (ie PU condi in wvw) and one or two harder builds (ie, zerk power shatter without Inspiration).

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

It’s easy to start playing, but there are a lot of subtle things you can do to maximize your efficiency. That takes a while to get a hang of.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I started as ele which is also not the easiest and don´t regret. If this is what you want to play do it. A base mesmer is incredible easy to use for levling and map completion and you will learn to use it, if you stick to the class. Then you get better by using more and more of the Fkeys including cronomancer. My daughter plays it in PvE with staff + Sword/Sword with 90% offensive stats and it´s great.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

My daughter plays it in PvE with staff + Sword/Sword with 90% offensive stats and it´s great.

What build does she use and is it just open world/maps/metas etc.? Keen to see whats working for her so well.

in Mesmer

Wolfric.9380

she might run out WvW once a month with it. It´s a base mesmer PvE build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhUQNAW8cnsICFohFqBeqBMrhFcDCNINZHnz4F1uMAJ4XA-TVDEABdoJY+9HgS5yLq9UwkittenjAg66Ac+BAQwBBwLlgTpkCENCspKQAAEAuuOP6O35OLDg+aA-w

What i personaly dislike is the runspeed is quite unconventional. Traveler rune and anoter utility would be an option, but she wants it that way. This build maintains three illusions/clones and shatters only slowly. I constantly see mobs dying on condies (bleeds) while she runs around them or even just ignores monsters after a doge ….

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Thanks for that! Why no Chrono though? She would get the traited speed buff if nothing else? And cool that your kid plays with you, love that!

in Mesmer

Wolfric.9380

Picking crono woulde loose either defence or offence. It´s arguable that inspirations might be given up in PvE for crono but she will loose her healing shatter. Domination i also a choice that will get more punch for this playstyle.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Weerus.3701

Weerus.3701

It’s not the hardest class to master, tho its not easiest to play too. I’d say the roles that chrono must take in group content are the hardest, thus making this class a bit harder to play than others.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It is harder than some of the other classes but not so hard that it becomes overwhelming to new players.

I think it is a good class to start with if you are really interested. Some reasonable challenge actually brings fun.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Look at helseth vid (aftercast … in the title)…maximizing mesmer can become tricky…
You have the kite knowledge with phase retreat.
You have the 2 button in a micro sec to get an additional shatter(phase retreat + shatter)
You have the blink forward with phase retreat: turn back phase retreat turn back
You have all the maximized combo with cs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Mesmer is usually regarded as one of the harder professions. Not because it has complicated dps rotation, but rather because the damage output is low and you therefore need to maximise utility for the team. In order to maximise utility you need both high profession knowledge and encounter knowledge, which takes time to learn

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.