Are mesmers sick and twisted IRL ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi guys

Ok, so this a bit of a weird topic, but, I just had to bring this up after playing a mesmer x years and months.

I love my mesmer because it is by far the most original class I have played in any MMO, but also, because it is one of the few classes that you can play where you play against and try to confuse your opponent, not the character, but the actual person behind the screen controlling that character.

And I personally have taken the whole “playing against another player instead of their toon” theme a notch or two further.

What I have been doing lately both in SPVP as well as WvWvW, is that when I down someone, I don’t kill them, don’t stomp. Instead, I put a single clone on them, not a phantasm (because I dont want them to die too soon), just a regular dinky clone. My preferred is the staff 2 clone, but sometimes I use others as well.

Then, I stand quite a bit aways, stealth up when I need to so they can’t hit me with their downed skills, and I watch. I watch as they very slowly, painfully and in vein try to struggle.

then sometimes on top of that, I get out of range or shatter the clone on a different target so they can use their bandage skill, and when they are around 80% health to get up, I put the clone back on them, and I watch, again.

All of this of course is very limited as other people come by and either finish off my target, or put pressure on me so I have to do it, but I still get plenty of occasions to do this.

And as for the reason why ? Well, I do it purely for the funnies. Thats right. I like to do it just for kittens and giggles. Perhaps I should not find this humorous, but I do.

So just out of curiosity, how many of you mesmers here are like me, or have some similar things to share ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Just as long as you don’t pinch your nipples when you do this, I see no problems with this.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Just as long as you don’t pinch your nipples when you do this, I see no problems with this.

Eh

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Still playing mesmer in light of all the nerf bats to the head and bug galore in past 3 years… yeah, quite twisted indeed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

My main PvP mesmer is named Psydistic. That’s all that needs to be said.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

It’s easier to just go back to your childhood. Did you induce injury or death to any small creatures including but not limited to cats, dogs, kittens, puppies, bunnies, and/or a variety of insects?

You may or may not want to share this information publicly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Hi guys

Ok, so this a bit of a weird topic, but, I just had to bring this up after playing a mesmer x years and months.

I love my mesmer because it is by far the most original class I have played in any MMO, but also, because it is one of the few classes that you can play where you play against and try to confuse your opponent, not the character, but the actual person behind the screen controlling that character.

And I personally have taken the whole “playing against another player instead of their toon” theme a notch or two further.

What I have been doing lately both in SPVP as well as WvWvW, is that when I down someone, I don’t kill them, don’t stomp. Instead, I put a single clone on them, not a phantasm (because I dont want them to die too soon), just a regular dinky clone. My preferred is the staff 2 clone, but sometimes I use others as well.

Then, I stand quite a bit aways, stealth up when I need to so they can’t hit me with their downed skills, and I watch. I watch as they very slowly, painfully and in vein try to struggle.

then sometimes on top of that, I get out of range or shatter the clone on a different target so they can use their bandage skill, and when they are around 80% health to get up, I put the clone back on them, and I watch, again.

All of this of course is very limited as other people come by and either finish off my target, or put pressure on me so I have to do it, but I still get plenty of occasions to do this.

And as for the reason why ? Well, I do it purely for the funnies. Thats right. I like to do it just for kittens and giggles. Perhaps I should not find this humorous, but I do.

So just out of curiosity, how many of you mesmers here are like me, or have some similar things to share ?

There is actually some sound tactical reasons for this. As long as they are downed they aren’t really fighting, and as long as they arent defeated they arent respawning. Its an incredibly irritating way to keep someone out of the fight essentially, until they grasp what you are doing and just stop trying to heal themselves

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

The way I perceive downed state is the player is in a state where they’re on the verge of giving up due to pain and low morale.

That’s why the skills are kind of a half-kitten skill from their profession. They’re in too much pain and have low morale so they aren’t doing the skills.

When someone comes to revive them, that person is rubbing their belly (no jk, they’re tending the wounds) and whispering sweet nothings into their ears (raising their morale, telling them they can do it!).

And when they actually die, they’re not dead but in a lower state of morale where they’ve kind of given up on life and hope and all that jazz. They’re just kind of mentally dead and they need a lot of belly rubs and sweet whispers to get back up.

Of course, then people start belly rubbing the ground or the foot, or lower than the belly and it doesn’t really make sense. Nor does tossing magecks onto them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’m fine, thanks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Schattenlied.4873

Schattenlied.4873

It’s easier to just go back to your childhood. Did you induce injury or death to any small creatures including but not limited to cats, dogs, kittens, puppies, bunnies, and/or a variety of insects?

Hahaha, I was thinking about something like this as well. ^^

Since Chaos Archangel proved his survey construction skills, could we ask him to make a mesmer version of the ICD-10 to answer the OP´s question?

Xaverí [RUN] [OMFG] [TDS]
Sylvari-Mesmer
Kodash

in Mesmer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

The kind of question no mesmer player should answer without consulting his/her lawyer and psychiatrist first.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Mesmer

Tongku.5326

Hi guys

There is actually some sound tactical reasons for this. As long as they are downed they aren’t really fighting, and as long as they arent defeated they arent respawning. Its an incredibly irritating way to keep someone out of the fight essentially, until they grasp what you are doing and just stop trying to heal themselves

Indeed. Double that again when their team mates come over to try to rez them, as now I effectively keep 2 people on an off node thus improving the odds for my team on the rest of the map.

One of the other things that I have observed which became very plain and apparent when queuing for consecutive matches vs same players, is that when I do this to someone twice, then they no longer fight me.

I can stand on cap points and these players literally turn around and run away when they see me without as much as firing a single shot in my direction. They also disengage and leave any team battle which I join into.

And I forgot to add with regards to my enjoyment, I particularly enjoy doing this to other mesmers, especially ones running anything recognizable from meta builds. Not only do I get extra enjoyment because they are a mesmer such as myself, but also because I find their fighting in general to be extremely predictable and take full advantage of it. The closer I can get my responses to work like “clockwork” the better I feel about doing this to them.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Mesmer

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I guess I fail to see game mechanics / tactics connecting to one’s mental stability.

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

The kind of question no mesmer player should answer without consulting his/her lawyer and psychiatrist first.

That’s the great part of being a Mesmer!! You can create your own lawyer psychiatrist and another. If your not happy with those answers just shatter and try again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

Depends on your build. Regular shatter and support players are normal, well-adjusted people. PU Mesmers are middle schoolers who think using a cheap build makes them good. Lockdown and interrupt Mesmers are true sociopaths.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikhail.4961

Mikhail.4961

Lockdown and interrupt Mesmers are true sociopaths.

No we’re no-…. I mean, who is cruel enough to play something like that?

Any class is easy to play, but not as easy to master. So sod off, warrior-haters.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

This.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

1st clone will be my lawyer, 2nd will be the psychiatrist and 3rd is free for my banker

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

The way I perceive downed state is the player is in a state where they’re on the verge of giving up due to pain and low morale.

That’s why the skills are kind of a half-kitten skill from their profession. They’re in too much pain and have low morale so they aren’t doing the skills.

When someone comes to revive them, that person is rubbing their belly (no jk, they’re tending the wounds) and whispering sweet nothings into their ears (raising their morale, telling them they can do it!).

And when they actually die, they’re not dead but in a lower state of morale where they’ve kind of given up on life and hope and all that jazz. They’re just kind of mentally dead and they need a lot of belly rubs and sweet whispers to get back up.

Of course, then people start belly rubbing the ground or the foot, or lower than the belly and it doesn’t really make sense. Nor does tossing magecks onto them.

“or lower than the belly”

lol yes, sometimes I think, massaging my butt won’t save me from this.

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

My butt! My butt! I’m alive, my butt!

in Mesmer

Tongku.5326

I discovered a new use for doing this during the beta weekend. It seems revs have a really powerful slow skill when downed which indeed can make it miserable trying to stomp them.

I like to use my “clone method” on them.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

and then wild thief appears and rezzes that guy :P

(are thieves nice guys irl !!?)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Hi guys

I kill all my enemies and then let them bleed to death…. unless an ally comes by or I am trying to rotate quickly between points… I also prefer to troll 3 people at far for 4minutes than to actually fight at mid because it makes me laugh harder when I get hate messages… what do you think…

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Mesmer

Sadrien.3470

That’s the great part of being a Mesmer!! You can create your own lawyer psychiatrist and another. If your not happy with those answers just shatter and try again.

This very much…. and it’s also why mesmers are scary…

in Mesmer

Sadrien.3470

Lockdown and interrupt Mesmers are true sociopaths.

No we’re no-…. I mean, who is cruel enough to play something like that?

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 the true spirit of mesmerising is ruining another’s day, and being stylish while you do it.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reinn.7436

Reinn.7436

I like how frustrated my opponents are at sPvP. Especially those moments when they thought that they got you, but then you’ll manage to slip out and all they got is your illusion, kitten ! That feels good all the time.

All names that you could think of will be thrown at me. And then I’ll be like “ok.”

“Even thieves have principles to follow.”

-Chinese Proverb.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I had a warrior do this to me for like 3min. I knew the game but kept playing it. He finnaly got bored and killed me.

15min later 3 of his buddies were standing on me doing it again. At the last sec I pet swap and start rez and it catches them off guard. I get up and snow leopard away ;-)
Nobody likes rangers ripping them down with longbow ;-(

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kry.1697

Kry.1697

No, I’m not, or well, maybe, sometimes. I have enjoyed watching a EotM veteran finish off a few players a few times. I only enjoyed it a little, especially if its thieves, I promise.