Are mesmers very mobile beyond running speed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Well im considering just focusing on my mesmer but so far I dont do allot of movement and to be honest I really enjoy my classes to be mobile so im iffy about mesmer, I was looking for a spellsword type of class to play and it was between this one and guardian, but guardian so far has just been a dull experience soloing so far, my mesmer was really fun to solo with so far.

Anyways what are your opinions on mesmers mobility? Thank you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ianervan.7915

ianervan.7915

If you’re a Chronomancer you move 25% faster all the time.
Even if you’re not a Chronomancer, Signet of Inspiration gives Swiftness half of the time (so, 33%). If you use Focus along with that, you’re constantly on 33% pretty much.

If none of the above (such as in my case) then you’ll have Swiftness anyway if you stick to a group (open world PvE, or WvW).

If not even that, then you should consider Runes of the Traveler or Centaur (obviously, some organized groups won’t like you much for that, but for casual gameplay it’s good).

On top of all that, you have Blink. When just traveling somewhere, use Mimic and then Blink, for double Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

mesmers are in the top 3 mobile classes easily.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deaeira.2651

Deaeira.2651

Don’t forget the staff’s phase retreat – just target a critter(1), pass it by and push yourself forward.

In combat, there’s also sword’s illusionary leap to close in on an enemy. If you want to shake an enemy, run up some height, use continuum split before jumping down. Most likely the enemy will follow you down and you can continuum shift back up.

Finally, there’s portal, which allows you to return back to a place you have passed – especially helpful when you need to resupply fast to repair doors or you can skip over some walls on your way back(2) in WvW.

(1) A critter usually does not put you into combat mode which slows you down. With other enemies just make sure you are out of clone spawning range.
(2) For example, you can skip the wall between Necropolis and the NE camp on the desert borderlands. Not to speak of porting your team back into a keep where the walls were just closed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Adding to the staff 2 comment, if you assign your about face key and practice…you can about face, staff 2, about face again to get across distances pretty quickly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deaeira.2651

Deaeira.2651

Adding to the staff 2 comment, if you assign your about face key and practice…you can about face, staff 2, about face again to get across distances pretty quickly.

I have to admit, I omitted it because I found it a bit unreliable. The about face function sometimes does a 360 degree turn on my computer, effectively blinking me back instead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I have to admit, I omitted it because I found it a bit unreliable. The about face function sometimes does a 360 degree turn on my computer, effectively blinking me back instead.

If you use combat camera, you can just bind the look-behind key and use staff 2 with the look behind key held + combat cam toggled on. Way faster and easier.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

In open world, I usually use blink + mimic for some additional teleport.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Thanks for the replies everyone.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

In combat mobility is very high.

Flat landspeed out of combat is only decent thanks to recent changes – Focus, Signet of Inspiration and the 25% movement speed in Chrono.

Otherwise without runes (traveler, Centaur, air, etc…) flat landspeed was bad.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Greasy.7609

Greasy.7609

signet of inspration is all you need I use flame legion runes and even if you drop to zero speed when swiftness dies off you’ll be back to speed boost again shortly so it evens out. (balth runes for condtions damage)