Ascended stats

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: hazahampo.4286

hazahampo.4286

Hello everyone!

I am at a point where i have enough laurels/commendations to start thinking about ascended trinkets. Now i usually run a phantasm beserker build in pve, for dungeons mainly, but when i do wvw i run a rabid condition dmg build, sorta like the blackwater. Now what stats should i get for my trinkets? i don’t really want 2 separate sets. would rampagers be best? or a mix of beserkers and rabid? or is there another combination i am missing?

Cheers for the help

Rishi The Pink-Warrior Lyss Braveheart-Mesmer

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you dont want 2 different sets, choose direct damage or condition. You cant really have both.

My advice? Skip condition damage and go Berserker/Cavalier (PVT/Knights/Cavalier is another combo). If you get buffed you’ll probably reach 2500/2000/1800 in pow/prec/tough with ~80% crit damage. That can punch through pretty much anything while having far higher zerg survival in WvW than pure berserker.

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ikaros.5730

Ikaros.5730

Could always go celestial

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

One does not simply go celestial and be efficient :P Unless Hybrid but … just go for the Zerker stuff since condition damage scales so poorly you won’t even notice it.

But the main question is: Do you enjoy more WvW or PvE?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

I was in this exact situation. To the letter. My advice: get zerker trinkets for now. Eventually you will end up getting an ascended set of condition trinkets (or not) even if at this moment it doesn’t seem practical. You’ll never end up having to worry about your efficiency in PvE (aka fractals).

I got a full set of ascended rabid trinkets first, and regretted it horribly. You could also just get exotic condition trinkets for WvW and save the big funds.

Kiss the chaos.

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: hazahampo.4286

hazahampo.4286

Thanks all, i will go ahead and grab beserkers for pve, and maybe when i wvw throw a few exotic rabid in there :p

Rishi The Pink-Warrior Lyss Braveheart-Mesmer

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Only use celestial if your build is designed for celestial. Using celestial because you can’t decide what you want to use leads to substandard performance.

As a general guide, if your build is mainstream, it’s not designed for celestial.

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hygric.2705

Hygric.2705

Only use celestial if your build is designed for celestial. Using celestial because you can’t decide what you want to use leads to substandard performance.

As a general guide, if your build is mainstream, it’s not designed for celestial.

Out of curiosity, what sort of Mesmer build would benefit from celestial stats?

Anyone?!?

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Use clestial helm for the 3% crit damage lol;

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Hygric – BlackDevil’s build can use a healthy dose of celestial stats; it uses everything except the healing power, and the bonus crit/vit etc. you get compared to his default choices are useful. I posted a sample build somewhere in his thread that uses celestial to boost survival stats a lot while keeping everything else the same, take a look.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Get both.
Ascended Accessories from Guild Missions
Ascended from WvW badges/laurels
Ascended Rings/backpiece from Fractals
Ascended from laurels

Multiple ways to get Ascended trinkets. If you do fractals, you will get 20+ rings that either you will never use or that you can use for alts.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Given time, you can definately have multiple Ascended Trinket sets. For example:

I went Rabid first, until the point I started getting Accessories. At that point, I started kittening about with Celestial spec. Of course, when I run “full” Condition, I keep with the older 0/20/30/0/20 spec, and the extra bit of Vitality and Power (while not losing as much Precision) helped in WvW.

Now, I’m running (besides Rabid back … no Celestial option) full Celestial trinkets. I also pack both rings and amulet in Rabid, and’ll get the accompanying Accessories.
Could’ve had ‘em already, if I hadn’t decided to trick my Ele and Thief out for a while.

As for yourself, I’d suggest the Zerker set first, if you’re mainly into PvE. The sad fact is that -at this time in the game’s lifespan- DPS craps all over Condition in PvE. The Rabid’d be best for WvW, by comparison.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Condition damage is really only for necros. All other classes condition damage is inadequate due to the scaling and lack of stacking the necromancer has. Zerger is the way to go.

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Condition damage is really only for necros. All other classes condition damage is inadequate due to the scaling and lack of stacking the necromancer has. Zerger is the way to go.

Your answer is incorrect.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Hayashi.3416

Out of curiosity, what sort of Mesmer build would benefit from celestial stats?

Anyone?!?

Posted two separate builds on different threads, too lazy to copy and paste.

One uses Scepter-Focus/Sword-Sword with Manipulations and Interrupt traits for single target burst applications, and the other uses Staff/Sword-Focus with Glamours and all weapon cooldown reducing traits for AoE applications. Both use all stats except Healing Power.

There are also Mantra of Pain builds out there that use more or less all stats, but not as much Condition Damage.

Generally Mesmer celestial builds will skimp a bit on Healing Power since mesmers don’t have good AoE heals.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Mesmers actually have great aoe heals, but they don’t scale well with healing power. Restorative mantras is a 2600 aoe heal every 3 seconds or so with mantra of pain, and that’s incredibly powerful.

Ascended stats

in Mesmer

Hayashi.3416

That’s kind of what I meant, though it’s admittedly bad phrasing.

A heal that doesn’t scale with HP doesn’t really justify dropping HP stats into the character. 2600+0.2HP is weak relative to say, a Ranger’s 4920+HP, the Elementalist’s 1302+HP AoE heals, or the Guardian’s 1500+HP healing type skills.

Stat incentives revolve around dropping stats into builds which are best maximised by how the weapons’ damage scales with power, how the conditions scale with condition damage etc.

The weapon damage scaling is also one of the reasons why Greatswords are a lot weaker than a lot of people seem to think relative to Swords, and why a mesmer using a Scepter mainhand should attempt to spend as much time as possible using the other 4 skills available (skill 3 is good), and spend as much time as possible in the other weapon set where the Scepter’s horrendous power scaling on autoattacks isn’t as much of a problem.

Celestial builds also intrinsically do a lot better on characters with low intrinsic armor and vitality, as the defensive stats become a lot more significant (long explanation for this one), and classes with lower power scaling on their weapon attacks (so the DPS loss is much less of a factor) so there aren’t really that many viable Celestial builds for Necros (Rabid would generally be better), Warriors (Valkyrie’s would generally be better) or Guardians (Cleric’s would generally be better), and Celestial tends to perform especially well on Elementalists.

One of the only reasons why the full berserker type gear even works for the GS/Sword-Pistol cookie-cutter build is that its user generally stays at range so the survivability loss isn’t as much of a factor. However, given swords scale at 50% more damage per point power per second, a Soldier/Knight type user who stays at 180 range nonstop will outstrip the zerker mesmer’s damage while simultaneously taking more damage for the team AND benefiting more from party boons making it a far superior PvE build. WvW/PvP is more situational, and is the main area in which a zerk GS build can shine.

Actually if the OP wants both condition damage and direct damage, Rampager gear can sustain that build combination. The high Precision can then be used together with Superior Sigil of Blood and Omnomberry Ghosts to add additional damage on crit plus give healing that can keep a build like that alive.

The vigor on crit trait is also compulsory, if taking that route.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)