Auto attacks for clones have an effect?

in Mesmer

Posted by: yvesbeaumont.3291

yvesbeaumont.3291

Should it? why or why not?

sword clones can rip boons, staff clones apply conditions.

it’d be neat if GS clones and Scepter clones could follow suit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I’m already working on a comprehensive reworking for greatsword skills but this is included. Basically my idea is for clones to do bleeding damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

GS clones hit 3 times per cycle. Very useful for getting bleeds when you trait for sharper images and helps vs 1 time/limited # block skills.

Scepter clones are rubbish and are in need of something though… I agree with that.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

Scepters clones have a niche if you are specced for debuffs on clone-death, such as snare (10 dom), confusion (25 duelling) and weakness/bleed/vuln (10 chaos) since they spawn in melee range with your foe. They’re still the worst clones though.

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hockmed.9417

Hockmed.9417

Phantasms are for damage. Clones are for utility/shatters. Plus when traited properly, they DO do stuff. This is the way they are balanced, and it’s not UP or OP. At least, as long as anet stops breaking them, or actually fixes them.

When people stop trying to force things to be what they aren’t, and embrace what we have – the real potential of things are opened and you realize that we are in a good place (as I said before, as long as anet fixes what they broke).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

No. Some clones are more useful than others ATM. This impacts the usefulness of the weapon that summon them. Scepter, for instance, is a fine weapon. It’s weakness is the clones are far less useful than staff clones, for instance.

Clones are not balanced across weapons and that makes weapons not balanced.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

GS Clones will cause bleeds with “sharper images” trait. It’s nice.

EDIT: Just saw that Aberrant already said this…. ahh well now you have it from two sources.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nueshak.2437

Nueshak.2437

I have not run tests on this (and correct me if I am dead wrong) but from what I have seen once you take the trait for the clone buff (add bleed on crit/confusion etc etc) it does not matter which weapon you use, the clones will all have the same benefits. My leap clone will shatter and cause confusion and bleed on crit just like my GS clone will.

Where I see the difference in clones is spawn rate. GS is a better option IMO for clone generation because the n2 attack is greater DPS as well as clone generation with a near equivalent recharge to a n1 scepter strike.

L80 Mesmer (Darkhaven)-Commander Piccolo Sama
“Even with the energy you took from me, my power is still far greater than your own. "

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Sword and greatsword clones have somewhat comparable attack rate…however, only one is ranged which is huge. Staff clones attack slower but at 1/3 bleed 1/3 burn chance are even better for condition damage.

It’s the scepter clones that fall woefully behind.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Not the exakt subject of this thread but close. For those interested in clone effect this mini guide I made a few weeks back might be of interest, its about clones and timewarp.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=-Vmp2sWIKgs

/osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: yvesbeaumont.3291

yvesbeaumont.3291

Not the exakt subject of this thread but close. For those interested in clone effect this mini guide I made a few weeks back might be of interest, its about clones and timewarp.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=-Vmp2sWIKgs

/osicat

the great osciat commented on lil ol me?

honored.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solesaver.8764

Solesaver.8764

:P Scepter clone should do its full combo and generate another clone with the 3rd hit. /wishful thinking

It’d be even more fun and broken if it had it’s own 3 clones that it would summon, then it dying would cause its entire tree of clones to die…