BWE3 Chronomancer Feedback Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Since there doesn’t seem to be a thread yet, I’ll start one.

First thought: I expected Echo of Memory’s block duration to be reduced for continuous blocking, but it isn’t. Really strong with Persistence of Memory and Chronophantasma.

I hope it doesn’t get nerfed into oblivion. I get really suspicious these days when Mesmers get nice things.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Oh wow, play this if you haven’t played it yet.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWlknhy0YhawRNwtGLPH1ZBEAHW9gmoLK6ilPHAA-TJRHwAm3fAZZAAnCABPBAA

The synergy between Chronophantasma, Persistence of Memory, Mental Defence, the new pDisenchanter, Improved Alacrity, Echo of Memory and Deja Vu is amazing.

The phantasm generation rate is insane. :o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Chrono is pretty OP if you ask me. The ridiculous amount of shatter spamming that is possible with it is over the top.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Hi!
Being as this thread’s already going, let’s continue to use it as the main place to gather feedback for BWE 3. Feel free to let us know how the chronomancer’s playing for you, good or bad. Please keep in mind that as we grow closer to the Heart of Thorns, we’re more able to action smaller changes than larger ones.
Thanks again for your constructive feedback!

-Karl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Please, put the sound effect attack of this phantasmal (Echo of Memory), when Illusionary Avenger attack, have to sound that special sound that sounded in previous betas, is now quiet and i not like, It is what characterizes him and makes him special this effect sound.

¡Please, add the sound effect!

And regarding your new form of attack, Illusionary Avenger would be better to attack from a distance, it shoot a projectile at the enemy and then, when hits, doing damage area, like now.

(edited by Angel de Lyssa.4716)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Oh wow, play this if you haven’t played it yet.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWlknhy0YhawRNwtGLPH1ZBEAHW9gmoLK6ilPHAA-TJRHwAm3fAZZAAnCABPBAA

The synergy between Chronophantasma, Persistence of Memory, Mental Defence, the new pDisenchanter, Improved Alacrity, Echo of Memory and Deja Vu is amazing.

The phantasm generation rate is insane. :o

Yes, this is my favoured build in sPvP, and it’s only been getting better with each BWE. I’ve taken to calling it “ChronoWard”.

Personally though I take Signet of Midnight instead of Decoy and Time Warp instead of Mass Invis. For amulet I’m using Settler’s (your reccomendation, which I’ve come to prefer over Carrion and Rabid ) paired with Undead runes. Sigils, I use Frailty for Sceptre and Leeching for Staff, because I prefer to stick to Sceptre and use Staff for extra defense/illusions.

(edited by Embolism.8106)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

I just wanna say Rune of the Defender + the new 2 sec block <3 <3 more feedback later

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

First thought: I expected Echo of Memory’s block duration to be reduced for continuous blocking, but it isn’t. Really strong with Persistence of Memory and Chronophantasma.

If you ask me, i think the block is pretty balanced. Other classes continous blocks are 3 secs instead of 2,25 secs and 15/20 secs CD , ours are 30. We just get 2 of this if we block an attack. And synergy with persistence of memory or signet of ether for its cd reduction can “sub” for a shield CD trait we dont have.
One step closer not to rely on stealth. Any “omg OP nerf” is purely the trend thats going around against any good thing mesmer have.

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

in Mesmer

Posted by: AtomsOrSystems.9420

AtomsOrSystems.9420

Let me start by saying that I (still) love the Chronomancer, and I think almost all of the changes to the Shield (and the iAvenger) were great.

Except

The phantasm, currently, just runs up to an enemy and stands there, doing its attack cycle. Except, of course, for anything except an AFK or glitched enemy, they die to the very first AoE or cleave.

Basically, the iAvenger is back to being useless in PvE (and a lot of PvP). It doesn’t even maintain the small amount of distance that iSwordman keeps. More than once, just in the open world (much less instanced content), I saw the phantasm spawn, run to its target, and die immediately to cleave/AoE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Chrono is pretty OP if you ask me. The ridiculous amount of shatter spamming that is possible with it is over the top.

Are you kidding me, with the massive amoutns of AoE and CC about now its imposible to get clones up to shatter. Go troll somewhere else.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Chronomancer feels good now. The shield block is perfect.

Scepter/Shield (Tides of Time) + Seize the Moment + Malicious Sorcery are working great. I kind of understand why they didn’t want to buff Scepter and Staff, but it hurts the Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Are you kidding me, with the massive amoutns of AoE and CC about now its imposible to get clones up to shatter. Go troll somewhere else.

Seriously. This ^

The clone generation isn’t creating spam of shatters against anyone but bad players. . .

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Yeah agreed.

The trait setup is also much more glassy than other lines (ie chaos) so it’s pretty easy to die if you kitten up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darkchubb.5324

Darkchubb.5324

2 things I’ve noticed so far. Firstly, alacrity doesn’t appear on shatter tool tips (if you have the trait that gives alacrity for shattering.)

Secondly, as has already been said, Avenger seems to die far too quickly. Other then that though, I’m loving Chronomancer!

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Avenger is completely useless, now it’s just a shatter phantasma, put your ranged attack and his effecto sound when attacking

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I made a thread explaining in more detail, but I thought I’d mention it here:
Alacrity is working correctly, by the math.

There were previously indications that it was adding less recharge than it was supposed to, but I was able to design a test to prove that it’s working correctly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

From what I’ve just played I also agree that the shield is pretty much tangfastic. However now that the phantasm face rubs the enemy like a PPT server face rubs wooden doors it dies a lot. Even with chronophantasma it would get 1 attack off and die but this is mostly in PvE.

It would be great if it had some sort of range to it so it wouldn’t run up to Diamed and proceed to be destroyed instantly. Anything from 200 to 600 range would be really great and help it live long enough to get a few hits off before you shatter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Agree with most of the above.

I noticed a bug with Well of Eternity. I was running 1k Healing and it claimed the initial heal would be well over 3k, but the actual heal stayed at 2.8k. I didn’t really check into whether the Healing was not scaling or what, but it seemed that the initial heal was about the same with and w/o Healing. (Again didn’t check to make sure, I just noticed the numbers being off.) Other than that, WoE is awesome now! Really great for group play.

I agree with the iAvenger and I’m at a bit of a loss why it was implemented as yet another AE Cleave fodder Phantasm. Hard to fathom. Other than that it’s a pretty solid Phantasm, but the attack rate is simply way too low. Oh yeah, another bug! The iAvenger is unaffected by Phantasmal Haste. I’d like to see the attack rate go from ~8s to ~6s. The damage is OK and is AE with 5 targets, I like that, but it’s simply too slow for a melee range phantasm. Let’s hope we see that improvement to summons and AE cleave damage they take.

The other wells looked in good shape as well! I really like Precognition and Recall now. Both are very useful. The Elite one is decent enough too. It’s great for interrupt builds and the damage is nice as well.

That’s all for now!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Castigate.5470

Castigate.5470

Are there any chrono mesmers that pvp/wvw out there? I have a question…. not sure if it’s a glitch or not….

so basically when u use the continuum shift, there’s basically 1.5 seconds to do your mantra stun shatter combo burst right?

and so i did that— but then the continuum shift shatter did not bring me back in time??? at first i thought i did an error but i really tried a bunch of times and i came to the conclusion that using the mantra daze was the problem— that using it didnt quite bring me back in time. i did the combo without the mantra and it brought me back perfectly without a problem. however it doesnt whenever i use the mantra in my combo… is this a glitch?

can anyone out there who plays pvp/wvw chrono mesmer confirm? or am i just crazy and seeing this contiuum shift thingy out there by itself not doing anything in my screen shot .__.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

We knew the moment it was announced that the Avenger would be useless if its attack were changed to melee. Please, please revert it to a ranged attack OR give it some way to positionally mitigate damage like the other melee phantasms (Swordsman, Berserker) have.

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I noticed also that the initial heal wasn’t healing for nearly as much as the finishing one. It seemed to be cut in half even.

Make the shield phantasm throw it’s shield and spawn beside the mesmer, just like iDuelist. If someone threw a shield at me, I’d feel pretty slowed down too!

F5 feels spammy. Use it and spam Wells and shatters. On the other hand, it increases the CDs of abilities already on their CDs, which IMO adds a level of skill to it. A random suggestion is adding a cap to how many abilities will be reset once F5 is finished.

Also, F5 is still bugged. Occasionally it’ll just never finish. Your illusions will shatter and then nothing will happen until you use it again or it’s destroyed.

Shield 5 (forgot its name) sometimes doesn’t bounce off walls.

This is my first and only BWE and I’m already loving the possibilities.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

in Mesmer

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

Chronomancer is very overpowered. It needs a 20%+ Dmg nerf across the board and it will still do fine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Chronomancer is very overpowered. It needs a 20%+ Dmg nerf across the board and it will still do fine.

Yep! Intelligent, well reasoned, and helpful feedback like this is key.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Yep! Intelligent, well reasoned, and helpful feedback like this is key.

Hey, you just dropped some sarcasm there, you shouldn’t leave such a mess lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Like chrono line brings any dmg to existing mesmer… It may just give superspeed to our clones making them actually reach the target… If you cant dodge it, your problem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

Ran a bunch of dungeons with PUGS today and I have to say chrono is in a really good place, PvE-wise. Alacrity uptime with the iVenger and Alls Well that Ends Well is almost permanent across the party.

Most of the dungeon parties that I ran with had comments like:
“Holy cow the damage!”
“Why am I on fire? Is it the purple fire bad?”
“Chrono is OP”

I think the phantasm AI is a bit wonky and has targeting issues similar to iWarden from last year. Otherwise I love the specialization, and I think it’s in a great spot.

Hey Karl, since mesmers are master time manipulators do you think they could be playable in the live build before HoT hits? Pretty please? :>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justin Duval.1954

Justin Duval.1954

As I tested Chrono on the PvP NPCs I noticed Tides of Time didn’t always return to me when an object or wall was in the way. I read that this was fixed already but it doesn’t seem patched into the game. Anyone else?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

As I tested Chrono on the PvP NPCs I noticed Tides of Time didn’t always return to me when an object or wall was in the way. I read that this was fixed already but it doesn’t seem patched into the game. Anyone else?

If you remember what Robert said, it was that he introduced the functionality to make it return, but no guarantees on it working every time due to the variety and funkiness of terrain in the game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Here’s hoping the pet survivability changes Irenio mentioned are gonna land with HoT.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: parisnicholson.3684

parisnicholson.3684

Not sure if this is just an aspect of wells but…

Enemy Chronomancer Wells dont show up as a red ring (indicative of enemy AoE) and Chrono v Chrono duels are pretty silly as a result. How do we differentiate our wells from the enemies? Especially in situations where everyone is unloading AoE…

Lilac Arugg – Sylvari Mes in PvP since launch

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Not sure if this is just an aspect of wells but…

Enemy Chronomancer Wells dont show up as a red ring (indicative of enemy AoE) and Chrono v Chrono duels are pretty silly as a result. How do we differentiate our wells from the enemies? Especially in situations where everyone is unloading AoE…

:heads to wvw to start dropping wells under the zerg:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

All right, so I was purely just trying to test the changes to gravity well, as it is the skill that really makes me want to play mesmer… Also, keep in mind, I only do PvE.

So. I get that it keeps going through alterations on what the pulses do and, well, I still like what we saw in the first one most. Now, the knockdown is usually ineffective or does very little, the float is so short-lived as to not even be noticeable (I think Karka Queen got a whole cm off the ground compared to like 3x that in the first iteration which was beautiful to see), but the final pull is nice to help group mobs for aoe’s of other wells..

What I would like, if possible, is two second pulse of float then that final pull. That sets it up to do the final damage on anyone inside. The knockdown is fairly pointless in PvE. We are better off with something that applies confusion like all our other skills do (Confusion would be from “omg black hole!” kind of thoughts). Well, okay, never much cared for knockdown… it does so very little in PvE.
Or, if you really want that knockdown, float, pull sequence… then at least make the float two seconds (increase to four seconds. 1 pulse kd, 2 pulses float, 1 pulse pull).

As for PvP, you just evade the float and you are basically good to go… so no worries on too much cc… I think

As for the shield… I am liking it but not sure if it will be worth it for condi mesmer :/

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

supcutie was running some broken kitten kitten tonight. thing was faceroll, did so much cc and damage and outright unkillable. to add salt to the wound, he ran vamp runes and was on TS with aeroxe who basically was stealthing him as needed. glad they have fun. the match was silly to me, and I tell myself it’s beta so all good.

I’m basically making a request for supcutie to discuss the build here, and write up some constructive feedback for the devs. lets nip this in the bud before it becomes meta for 6 months.

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Someone is in accordance with changes to Illusionary Avenger?

do not you think Illusionary Avenger dying fast, and also is too slow to start attacking? (it needs to run for approach and strike, is very slow)

It is not better to appear near the Mesmer, and then attack, launching projectile his shield (doing AoE damage when it hits the enemy)?

And then apart, before you invoke faster in one block, now you have to wait the 10 second for invoke, and over, their attacks have no effect sounds, please, put the sound attack that had in previous betas.

Illysionary Avenger was much better in the BWE2, put your sound effects when attacking, and also striking distance, but do AoE, but at a distance, throwing his shield. Please.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

I dont know much about chrono mesmer other than one very long 1v1 encounter I had fighting one earlier today on my thief.

I just got one question, whats the deal with all the block up time? It felt very excessive, I don’t remember so many blocks on a non-specialized mesmer running the PU traitline.

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Chronomancer feels really strong. If its “OP” I have no idea, we’ll only know that after a while.
A lot of the well skills seem to be diffirent and a lot more useful than before. \o/

So my feedback:

-Echo of Memory: I like how it can block multiple hits. Feels more useful as a defensive skill.

-Well of Eternity: I prefer the condi cleansing it has now over the vigor it had before.

-Well of Recall: I liked it more when the alacrity came first but this way is fine too.

-Well of Action: Not sure how this worked before but I like how it kind of works like a mini Time Warp.

-Well of Precognition: This well improved a lot, It feels rewarding now. The pulsing blur at first is a lot better than waiting 3sec for a defensive skill.
Note: This well gives 1 sec of stability but its not in the description.

-Gravity Well: This is how it should be: great CC and feels like proper “gravity” I don’t mind that the stability is gone.

Traits:
Haven’t tried the slow/interrupt traits much.

-Time Catches up: Just a great trait. I used to hate it when enemies just run away from the shatters. Now they actually have to dodge.

- All’s well that ends well: A lot better than removing conditions. Now Chronomancer has a reliable way to keep up a bit of alacrity to support their party.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

I dont know much about chrono mesmer other than one very long 1v1 encounter I had fighting one earlier today on my thief.

I just got one question, whats the deal with all the block up time? It felt very excessive, I don’t remember so many blocks on a non-specialized mesmer running the PU traitline.

Mesmers have never had a continuous block before, but that’s what they changed Echoes of Memory to.
Remember all those times you were trying to kill a guardian on point, and they’d just go into block mode? That’s what it’s doing, now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Echo of Memory… Anyone see the humor here?

Echo…

of Memory…

Continuous Block…

Get it?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Here’s my feedback:

Overall, Chronomancer is a lot better and enjoy it very much! There were a few things that need some adjustments/fixes.

- Echo of Memory/Deja Vu: I enjoy the continuous blocking very much! However, Illusionary Avenger seems to be worse than before. It takes a second or two for it to run up to the enemy and then hit it in melee range; it is really slow initially compare to most other phantasms. I much prefer it being ranged and throw the shield and deals the AoE around the target. This way, it keeps it alive long enough for shatters (unless what Irenio’s statement of improving pets/minions/illusions is to help make them not withstand such ‘AoE’).

- Tides of Time: It still does not come back when it hit against a wall or certain objects. But I think Robert has mentioned that it’s still a bit clunky so hopefully, this is an easy fix.

- Wells: In general, they are so much better than before! I’m kinda debating on Well of Recall’s BWE2 version or BWE3’s, but both are good. Only well that I haven’t tried is Gravity Well.

- Traits: I’ve only tried the alacrity/well ones and Chronophantasma (which has a GW1 icon buff on phantasms when summoned). All’s Well that Ends Well is much better since condition cleanse is now in Well of Eternity.

So really, the main issue I have is Illusionary Avenger phantasm. It was better during BWE2, when it was range attacker and then give it an AoE around the target. Also, the sound effect from BWE2 when it attacks is so much better, please bring it back!

Also, are Chronomancer wells be usable underwater similar to Necromancer wells? Currently, they’re unusable.

(edited by Phloww.1048)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Irenio posted on the ranger forums that they’re working on a measure to help ranger pets and minions (which likely involves mesmer illusions) against AoE.

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

“Here’s my feedback:

- Echo of Memory/Deja Vu: I enjoy the continuous blocking very much! However, Illusionary Avenger seems to be worse than before. It takes a second or two for it to run up to the enemy and then hit it in melee range; it is really slow initially compare to most other phantasms. I much prefer it being ranged and throw the shield and deals the AoE around the target. This way, it keeps it alive long enough for shatters (unless what Irenio’s statement of improving pets/minions/illusions is to help make them not withstand such ‘AoE’).

So really, the main issue I have is Illusionary Avenger phantasm. It was better during BWE2, when it was range attacker and then give it an AoE around the target. Also, the sound effect from BWE2 when it attacks is so much better, please bring it back!"

+ 10

Illysionary Avenger was much better in the BWE2, put your sound effects when attacking, and also attacking on distance, but do AoE, but at a distance, throwing his shield.

(edited by Angel de Lyssa.4716)

in Mesmer

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Irenio posted on the ranger forums that they’re working on a measure to help ranger pets and minions (which likely involves mesmer illusions) against AoE.

Omg this made my night… I can’t wait until they share what this “something” is!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

@Angel de Lyssa

At first, I’m like ‘Why is he/she typing what I typed?’, then I noticed the quotations. XD

Edit: Something else that I wanted to add on my feedback:

Continuum Split/Shift with Master of Fragmentation: The slow doesn’t seem to apply to the target unless you manually activate Continuum Shift (after hitting Split). All other effects from the other shatters work right away. Maybe it’s overpowering, but wouldn’t it be better to have that slow apply to Continuum Split instead?

(edited by Phloww.1048)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shintei.9061

Shintei.9061

Echo…

of Memory…

Continuous Block…

Get it?

No.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Echo…

of Memory…

Continuous Block…

Get it?

No.

Mimic, whose counterpart was Echo, was originally a skill which created an orb around you which you could use to absorb a projectile to release at a later time with Echo. However, after absorbing the projectile, Mimic would then block attacks for the duration of the channel whether it be range or melee.

Echo of Memory right now is essentially that lost tidbit of Mimic which we were upset about losing.

(edited by Dondagora.9645)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Basically, the iAvenger is back to being useless in PvE (and a lot of PvP). It doesn’t even maintain the small amount of distance that iSwordman keeps. More than once, just in the open world (much less instanced content), I saw the phantasm spawn, run to its target, and die immediately to cleave/AoE.

But remember, bouncing projectiles are terribad and need to be removed! :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ave.1247

ave.1247

I am randomly getting a bug in WvW where if you have blink and decoy, you can activate blink and it will automatically activate decoy as well. :/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Mesmers have never had a continuous block before, but that’s what they changed Echoes of Memory to.
Remember all those times you were trying to kill a guardian on point, and they’d just go into block mode? That’s what it’s doing, now.

Flat out wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPtiMQTo6YM

Old Mimic had huge problems for viability, but it had features that were truly great.

The channeled block on shield captures a piece of that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I feel like chronomancer is unbelievably powerful in all game modes. even in pve, It seems like my dps isnt that high yet everything around me melts.

I like it though, I stopped playing mes a few months back and now its interesting again