BWE3 Chronomancer Feedback Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yeah, shield blocks have allowed me to stop crying over the loss of old Mimic bubble shield.

And it doesn’t require any silly things like catching your own bouncing projectile to block…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

As for PvE… Mesmer Sinister is all to go, it have decent dmg, strong support, its perfect _ Done quick AC/fract … Mesmer/Reaper/Revenant/Warrior/Guardian

-We had perma Might (all time 20stacks+ even out of combat)
-Perma fury
-Perma swiftness
-Perma Quickness
-hight uptime of Alcarity

And things just died, like before IB nerf x)

as for PVP
ITs kind of Madness
-Condi mesmer can put like 15stack of torment/Confussion : still its hard to get evverythink to hit, and its req aloot preparation/skill
-Power Shatter is go Big or Go home.
-shutdown is a thing

Overal Alcarity do things, its help survive, help do dmg etc.

Now more testing (still i dont find anything broken, or op atm that need insta nerf/actions)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Feed back,
The change occured on Shield “4”, as i thought is not the best thing for Mesmer.
It slowed down the Mesmer Rotation, you could do a great quick pace before.

The phantasm is ever more unreliable.
Ok they got longer block, but it just doesn’t suit the class. I required some skill to use the previous version. It just feels bad now.

Mr Gee, you just listen too much to certain person.
I really don’t understand why you really needed to change a great phantasm and a great skill.

edit Block continue even remove the base concept and sens of déjà vu….

I mean with déjà you could already do 2 block. Continuous block were never needed.

The block was weak, but was a trademark of mesmer.

I prefer déjà vu than a continuous block

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

Chronomancer can be in a state of continuous block, invisibility, and evasion, while piling you with 10+ stacks of torment and confusion and using their distortion to further block more damage to themselves. Combine that with perma-slow and interrupts, chronomancers are an absolute pain, and I couldn’t get one under 50% health if i tried my hardest. Absolutely nothing I can do to counter it – i can’t even run away, because then he will trail after me and continue to slow me until i die.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Feed back,
The change occured on Shield “4”, as i thought is not the best thing for Mesmer.
It slowed down the Mesmer Rotation, you could do a great quick pace before.

The phantasm is ever more unreliable.
Ok they got longer block, but it just doesn’t suit the class. I required some skill to use the previous version. It just feels bad now.

Mr Gee, you just listen too much to certain person.
I really don’t understand why you really needed to change a great phantasm and a great skill.

edit Block continue even remove the base concept and sens of déjà vu….

I mean with déjà you could already do 2 block. Continuous block were never needed.

The block was weak, but was a trademark of mesmer.

I prefer déjà vu than a continuous block

PvP

• Single Block = Liability
  • Multi Block = Viability

PvE

• Single Block = Mobs are idiots, irrelevant question
  • Multi Block = Mobs are idiots, irrelevant question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Shield
Finally feels like something worth taking in WvW. Tides of Time went from “will fail 50% of the time” to “will fail 10% of the time” and that’s… decent, considering it’s a mesmer skill (sigh). The block is amazingly good, I had some serious fun with Signet of ether resetting it until necros realized they could use unblockable fear to end it :P
Definitely a valid alternative to torch in WvW.

Wells
Still in a bad place. The damage is still non competitive with Mantra of Pain, the cast time and cooldowns are just over the top. I realize those cooldowns must account for Alacrity, but since Alacrity is tied to mechanics that hardly work in WvW (the phantasm, sitting still inside/around a well and shattering), I keep seeing a huge problem there.
The only one worth taking is the Elite well because it brings useful CC and damage, it’s still effective (and the visuals are extremely cool).

Side note: I had the feeling that Illusionary Inspiration worked… better. Not every time but… gonna test more today.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alchimist.4738

Alchimist.4738

Can we have Continnum Split lined up with the others Shatter ? I really don’t like seeing it above Distortion.
When you’ve Preparedness on Thief, your Initiative icons are reduced, is it possible to have the Active Illusions icons reduced when you’re a Chronomancer in order to line up Continuum Split with the others Shatter.

(edited by Alchimist.4738)

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

pvp uses

i tried team fight and dueling 1v1 4 builds

1. full bunker cleric sw/s+staff – 1v1 cannot be killed if you time right the healing skills. team fight also good support with slow, alacrity, boon share, but hardly do any dmg
2. semi bunker condi settler sc/s+staff – 1v1 cannot be killed unless i mess up with rotation. my condi dmg comes from clones and scepter (i dont use illusion line). i manage to do more dmg and kill in 1v1 and even 1v3 on point 3 scrapper and killed 2 without notice it just using my rotation (but probably they still learning their rotations)
3. chorno full condi – rabid and carrion. bad bad bad. sry to say the condi almost dont last long and in team fight with the druid /ele/guard and so many cleanse skills just bad. maybe 1v1
4. power block -seems nice but does it really need chrono that much ?! even with alacrity ppl block,dodge evade immunity so the cd without alacrity will be ready to use

team fight and wells:
ppl must learn to see which well you using . in fight its hard to notice . so maybe new color for each etc..
also the radios is small so beside the elite all should be 360 if you trait well.
i think for condi spec maybe well should proc more conditions than mesmer will have condi utilities and even open up celestial builds.

i think condi mesmer need more love (must) and wont use chorno that much.
bunker mesmer is coming up which is good thing with chrono
power will stay the same
and lockdown will enjoy the slow ability with chorno

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zendella.9573

Zendella.9573

I strongly prefer the old Well of Recall but seeing as how both the old version and the new one essentially do the same thing just at different times I can live with it. All I ask is that you please please PLEASE fix the visual FX on it… it’s so messy and awkward right now…

It should still tick fully around the clock like in it’s previous incarnation, as that made it visually unique from the other clocks. Keep the cold-exploding effect on each tick, but add something on the final tick that visually displays the fact that allies are getting buffed and the last tick is friendly.

Also I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, PLEEEASE put some clock sounds into Gravity Well. It sounds sooo hollow and out of place on the Mesmer. It’s too deep and bass-ey.

Oh of course also, what everybody has said in this thread so far about iAvenger. That goes without saying I think. (AKA if Anet hasn’t realized that was a screw-up then they’re just plain clueless… but I think we all knew that already) ;D

(edited by Zendella.9573)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The new changes have been really great.

The chronomancer has always been a solid specialization over all three beta weekends. But this time, the well skills got improved and a wellmancer style is viable now. It really brings a new way of playing mesmer. We can provide more support in teamfight and still have decent survivability.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shintei.9061

Shintei.9061

Echo of Memory… Anyone see the humor here?

Echo…

of Memory…

Continuous Block…

Get it?

No.

Mimic, whose counterpart was Echo, was originally a skill which created an orb around you which you could use to absorb a projectile to release at a later time with Echo. However, after absorbing the projectile, Mimic would then block attacks for the duration of the channel whether it be range or melee.

Echo of Memory right now is essentially that lost tidbit of Mimic which we were upset about losing.

So, this is an echo of our memory.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

A few things:

I believe Alacrity is perfectly fine with 0.75s base on shatters, and any significant duration being instead gained by taking Improved Alacrity, which I also believe is fine at +50% duration.

Chrono’s defence comes from having normal defensive cooldowns recharge faster (ie blurred frenzy), so I believe nothing needs to be changed here.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Queued with Pyro for some Chrono Bunker + Mental Lockdown in unranked. Won all our matches.

Chrono Bunker was fantastic. Have to say though, facing so many Elite specs today, base Mesmer felt really lacking. Still, take what you can get.

Recorded matches. Will put togeather a vid.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Chrono plays well. Playing against other elite specs it feels balanced. Anyone playing normal mes specs against any of the elites is going to have a very hard time, and people aren’t even use to using them yet.

I think Wells have a place in PvE and zergs, but in PvP the cds are too long for most of them and would be more beneficial in a premade team.

Shield block is greatly improved. The sustained block is generally useful especially in PvE, and has good utility in PvP, although it takes some getting use to, but I think the damage on the Phant is still too low to be competitive. Tides of time is okay, but I feel there is something lacking from it. It just doesn’t seem to do much. Rather than protect from projectiles in a linear fashion I would prefer if it conveyed reflect on those it touched instead. Of course the problem with self reflect revealing you in stealth would have to be dealt with first.

F5 (Continuum Split). Nice idea, but I just can’t get on with this shatter ability. In PvP every time I use it in a dire situation it results in my death. So I stopped using it to increase my survivability. The main problem is the attackable continuum rift is too weak, and everyone attacks it knowing it will port you back there and then bursts you down. I realise this is supposed to be for counterplay reasons, but it just turns out to be a liability and negates the purpose of the skill’s existence. Either give this thing some decent health or remove it as it just clutters up the screen.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I have some changes I’d like to see that will probably be unpopular…

I’m not liking how ‘alls well that ends well’ influences my utility bar. Its powerful, but in the wrong way. Alacrity has a very potent effect, so i find myself filling my utility bar with wells for the alacrity and not for the actual effects of the individual wells…

I also feel like the amount of alacrity we can stack through well spamming is begging for future nerfs, and we all know those nerfs will be to our OTHER traits, before its determined that ‘alls well’ is the actual problem.

So, I’d like to propose a few adjustments to our traits-

Alls well- The final effect of your wells is 25% more potent.

Flow of time- 1s again

Improved alacrity- Your alacrity effects last 25% longer. (so now it affects your well of recall and shield phantasm)

Well of recall- bumped up to 6 secs, about 9s if double traited.

Well of Eternity- Might have to shift more of the heal to the Initial cast so the AoE heal isnt too strong.

Well of calamity and eternity- get the damage boost (I think) they need, especially with how highly telegraphed and delayed the final damge is.

well of action- now can be traited for a bit more quickness

So now, if we choose to use a well, its for the effects they provide individually and those effects are now enhanced. This also opens up utility slots in group content so we’re more than just alacrity bots (because thats all I feel like…). This change does reduce the amt of potential alacrity we can provide to a group though, which is why I’m sure there will be people that wont like this.

Edited: forgot about the impact the proposed ‘improved alacrity’ would have on the shield phantasm, so adjusted values a bit.

(edited by Mikkel.8427)

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

For alacrity matters i would first change the minor Flow of Time to only apply during combat to prevent spam low cd shatters just to further reduce CD on dead/skip/roam times.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

I feel like the Gravity Well’s cast time is kinda…long. I know it’s 1sec, but consider the some wells are like 1/4 to 3/4… even TimeWarp is 1/4sec, so trying to use the Well on a multi-target burst spot (with Tides (Shield5)) is kinda clunky.

*EDIT: That and because ppl can hear it before it goes down…. so it’s easy to evade it.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

(edited by Brit.9726)

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

For alacrity matters i would first change the minor Flow of Time to only apply during combat to prevent spam low cd shatters just to further reduce CD on dead/skip/roam times.

Why?
What is it about skip/roam times that you think they should take longer?

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Try on pvp phase retreat/ mind wrack while roaming. Helps a lot with other longer CD reductions. And maybe kinda unfair. Dunno, im fine with it… yet ppl already crying cause alacrity uptime “too stronk”.
Mind wrack will be rdy anyway on your next encounter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Not exactly chronomancer but, just experienced that bug where one of my phantasms (of out the summoned 3) froze for like 3 seconds before shattering….

Looks like old bugs are coming back ;_;

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xorin.9260

Xorin.9260

My biggest complaint thus far is that at fights like the Wyvern, it is virtually impossible to have any appreciable amount of illusions out for any useful amount of of time. I know some comments have been made about looking at minion/pet survivability, but it seems like a huge oversight when our entire profession mechanic cannot be used in an entire encounter.

Otherwise, I love where the chronomancer is at. Love the shield, though I agree with others that the iAvenger should be ranged and not melee. I love wells, and I think they’re mostly at a really good spot, too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

thats why Sinister Shatter Chrono beat any bers Mesmer in PvE. Dmg frome phantasm is changed to shatter+conditions and support via alcarity/quickness.

Its fun how much Chrono increase dmg for whole party. Basicaly reaper/warrior/rev/gurd+chrono do same dmg as Icebow meta before nerf xd . In AC we killed every boss in <10s. Fractals are smooth. Also Chrono Sinsiter can trait 3rd lane for support or dmg and both of the ways are good, its either:
=perma quicknes/alcarity/might
=perma reflects/ high amount of alcarity/quickness
=Perma reflects/quickenss huge condi removal

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Currently playing Condi Chrono Shatter Bunker (jeez that’s a mouthful). Really tough, outputs decent condition pressure, with a smattering of team support.

From a Bunker standpoint it’s not as supporty as Guardian, but is much more capable of holding its own when alone and of course is more mobile. You can customise a lot of the build to your taste and still retain its core functionality too: if you want more offensive pressure or mobility you can have it. The format I’m playing is probably one of the tankier variants.

Overall I really like the template of Condi Shatter with Shield. There’s so many variations that are all viable.

(edited by Embolism.8106)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rakath.4579

Rakath.4579

Hello, several notes here:

1. shield 5 tides of time skill is not working for me today. I cast it, there is no visual going out, there is a visual where it turns around to come back, it disappears again. I get the quickness 50% of the time. it was working fine last night and now its not. nothing changed on my end. I’m fighting in the exact same areas as last night.

2. shield 4 echo of memory seems somewhat clumsy in general pve setting. its great for surviving a big telegraphed hit in melee range which would otherwise kill. i dont mind the channel on the block it seems cool. I would offer that it would feel less clumsy if:
a. let the user press again to quit channeling and summon a phantasm immediately
b. summon the phantasm immediately after the first blocked attack while still channeling the block,
c. the phantasm is terrible. either give it an illusionary shield bash ability in addition to the alacrity/slow or pull it back from melee range. melee range should be reserved for sword clones and illus. defender. we don’t need 3 automatically dead illusion types. it is a neat phantasm idea to share slow/alacrity however it does basically no damage. this is hardly enough reason to put it in melee range.
d. my favorite idea- do the reverse of the herald’s infuse light- make the shield’s channel reflect all damage received during the duration.

3. wells are really cool however the cast times and aftercast delays are really steep at the moment. I understand the need to limit the max number of abilities castable while under the continuum split effect however it is somewhat silly right now. to put this in perspective let me illustrate: while a chronomancer is weaving all this illusory magic to do “really neat stuff” a shiro tagachi revenant can come along and kill the chronomancer with more super speed and quickness than the chronomancer can produce. I’m not saying nerf revenants at all. I’m just illustrating a point that chronomancer- as neat and cool at it is- is kind of lackluster compared to just about any of the other new specs.

4. continuum rift- case in point: ask yourself do any of the other new specs have a built in hard counter to their chief profession mechanic that they serve up to opposing players on a silver platter like the chrono with the rift.
a. remove the ‘break the rift’ counterplay by giving the rift invulnerability
b. cause the rift when destroyed to hard stun nearby foes.
c. give every one of the other new specs a ‘push here to kill me’ button.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Continuum Shift is really, really strong when used correctly, it needs the counterplay. The risk of getting pulled out of time and bursted balances out the rewards you can get out of it.

IMO Shield 4 is up way too often with the correct synergies (Alacrity, Persistence of Memory, Chronophantasma, Illusionist’s Celerity), the only reason it’s not completely broken is because melee iAvenger sometimes/often melts before it can be Shattered. I’d lower the block duration from 2.25s down to 1.5s. This isn’t entirely a negative change as it means iAvenger is also conjured earlier (but it really needs to be a ranged Phantasm).

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Continuum Shift is really, really strong when used correctly, it needs the counterplay. The risk of getting pulled out of time and bursted balances out the rewards you can get out of it.

IMO Shield 4 is up way too often with the correct synergies (Alacrity, Persistence of Memory, Chronophantasma, Illusionist’s Celerity), the only reason it’s not completely broken is because melee iAvenger sometimes/often melts before it can be Shattered. I’d lower the block duration from 2.25s down to 1.5s. This isn’t entirely a negative change as it means iAvenger is also conjured earlier (but it really needs to be a ranged Phantasm).

Or give up on Deja Vu and lower the cooldown to 25s.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Can we please remove the Continuum Shift rift from PvE

• Continuum Shift is virtually unusable in meta dynamic events, the rift dies immediately to AoE spam, keep this PvP garbage out of my PvE**

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Or give up on Deja Vu and lower the cooldown to 25s.

Or make the block cd not getting lowered by those traits/signet.
Or leave it as it is cause other continuous blocks are vanilla 3 secs block and 15/20 secs CD without respective weapon trait cd reduction applied.
It just opens new build possibilities (bunker maybe?) and listed traits already limited 2 trait lines… and illusions line is more condi oriented…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quartz.3462

Quartz.3462

Chronomancer feels far too strong in PvP. Worse than 100% duration PU mesmer. Most unfair part is that they get too high uptime of invulnerability while they can attack. Then they go to stealth and wait for cooldowns to come back up which is quicker than other classes can get theirs back and repeat. It’s too obnoxious and they’re far too hard to lock down as they’re invulnerable while attacking. There seems to be little counter play due to long duration invulnerability.

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

Hurray, more PvP lobbying to ruin perfectly fine PvE skills and mechanisms.

They buffed the shield to make it attractive in PvE over the other weapons, but this won’t last long if the PvP concern trolls have their way as usual.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

They buffed the shield to make it attractive in PvE over the other weapons, but this won’t last long if the PvP concern trolls have their way as usual.

From a PvE perspective I really want a way to conjure iAvenger quickly, reducing the Block duration helps with that and doesn’t really affect its effectiveness as a defensive skill for the same reason Confusion isn’t viable in PvE.

I think you often have good points, and I respect that; but I feel you come across as aggressive and “knee-jerky” sometimes, which makes people lash out and devolves discussions.

(edited by Embolism.8106)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Something I noticed is that F5 doesn’t reset CDs used during the last second. I thought it was lag but if I use F5 without clones and then use a Well with a half second cast time, the CD won’t reset after the 1.5 seconds. I’ll try some basic tests to see if this continues later.

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

I bet he wasnt even talking about the shield… But ye this " seems OP, feels overtuned, unfairly strong" rant is trend when mesmer is concerned.
I hope he wasnt talking about shield… mesmer is channeling when blocking cant use other skills ( appart from shatters).. If he meant phantasm dmg then… smthg is wrong…. Maybe we also have a lock target while channeling block that prevent them to target phantasms… But wait… even with that they could get cleaved… Or are they immune already?

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

I assumed he was talking about Alacritised Distortion and Well of Precog (maybe Alacritised Blurred Frenzy too). Since Distortion prevents capture point contribution I don’t see that as a problem, and Blurred Frenzy roots. That leaves Well of Precog which is on a pretty hefty CD, so again not a big deal.

Chronomancer certainly improved Mesmer tankiness by quite a bit, but then again: it uses a Shield. What did you expect?

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Pyro on Chrono Bunker, I recorded from Kshot/Shatter Mes perspective. Complete with annotations of Pyro quotes (7:13 for instant classic)

https://youtu.be/B4Dg5EQFGJE

• Playing with Chrono on the team, as bunker, it was a reliable build (as point holder).
  • Playing against Chronomancers last night, they were great, but not the immortal gods some people have been making them out to be.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Certainly its survability is more skillfull not relying so much in stealth. Have pros and cons against stealth, yet its less “lame”.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

From a PvE perspective:
-sharing alacrity to allies is too reliant on wells; you basically have to sacrifice utilities. They’re good if the whole party stacks, but if you move around then sharing alacrity becomes impossible. Make them gain some alacrity when you shatter, maybe?
-iAvenger is too slow and sluggish; make it a bit more ranged, speeds up its attack. Also, waiting 2s to spawn it is too long. Allow us to activate the block to cast it immediately, maybe? (like scepter 2 or sword 4)

Anyway, had a pretty great experience. Mesmer is amazing now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Preface
I predominantly play WvW in medium/large groups, so a lot of my feedback will be from that point of view.

Shield
Echo of Memory Great skill and LOVING the change to block. 2-5 seconds of block time is a life saver, literally.

The phantasm Melee range requirement kills this for me, unfortunately. A melee phantasm is almost completely ineffective in group WvW battles.

Tides of Time Really enjoy this skill as well. Nice quickness, great stun. The problem I have with this skill and most interrupt builds in WvW is the prevalence of stability and lack of true chain-casting in most in-range targets. This, paired with the phantasm, makes shield an unimpressive weapon in most group situations I’ve been in so far.

Wells
These are all great. Really enjoying them. Calamity is a beast, the Alacrity one is awesome. They all seem to have solid uses. They feel a little slow to cast and the range feels smaller than I’d like, but not all AoEs can be as awesome Chaos Storm. The only criticism I’d say is that mesmers are still locked in to veil/portal duty. I haven’t seen a single Scrapper stealth bomb. The result is that we can’t really use our Wells very often unless the raid is saturated with mesmers.

Traits
I have a difficult time with most of the traits due to the heavy damage and rapid target-switching in WvW. Slow doesn’t seem like the game-changer it is in PvP/PvE as most enemies will just use the slow duration as an opportunity to re-position.

We also have a lot of Slow-oriented traits. It’s had to interrupt targets, but even harder to interrupt a specific target enough to capitalize on Danger Time. Lost Time is neat… but again, it’s infrequent that I find myself really locked on to any one target for very long. When I tried these traits, I’d usually end up slowing random enemies without much impact.

Time Catches Up is the real winner for me here. My shatter success rate has climbed from about 10% to 50%. Paired with Illusionary Reversion, our illusion health signet, and Chronophantasma, I’m finding that I can actually land some shatters from time to time even in mid-density skirmishes. It’s a lot of skills/traits to reserve solely for landing shatters, however. I worry about the new BGs; the confined spaces seem to encourage choke points and that’s exactly where no illusions can hold up.

Overall
For me as a group-oriented WvW player, Chronomancer introduces a few new tools- not all of which have much value in the heat of battle.

Wells provide great AoE and support, however HoT as a whole doesn’t do much to improve the “veilbot” situation so it’s rare that I can slot more than one.

Alacrity is potent, but a reliable shatter cadence is rare. With our utility slots pre-claimed by commanders, alacrity from wells is a non-starter.

Shield’s block skill is great, but the phantasm and tides of time aren’t reliable enough for me to choose this over my other options.

The traits are nice… but our class mechanic is still unnecessarily ineffective in this game mode.

Overall, it’s enough to keep me interested in the mesmer, but I still have the feeling that other professions contribute much more to a group skirmish. Is it a step up? Absolutely. Is it a big enough step to compete with the meta classes/builds? Not in my mind.

Suggesions
Improving illusion survival after a shatter command has been given would be an enormous improvement for all mesmers and nearly every one of our trait lines. A blur, superspeed as baseline, even a stack of stability or a health boost- any one may be enough to get them past that tipping point of usefulness.

Swapping the iAvenger back to a ranged phantasm would significantly help that weapon’s competitiveness in this environment.

Generally, I’m pretty happy with a few of the builds I’ve tried. A solid improvement over the base profession, though there are still some areas of weakness that extend to all mesmers.

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

From a PvE perspective I really want a way to conjure iAvenger quickly, reducing the Block duration helps with that and doesn’t really affect its effectiveness as a defensive skill for the same reason Confusion isn’t viable in PvE.

I think you often have good points, and I respect that; but I feel you come across as aggressive and “knee-jerky” sometimes, which makes people lash out and devolves discussions.

Except it does. Have you done any Verdant Brink meta events or some of the new raids? We are bombarded by aoe and pulsing damage that takes off 1/3 of your HP.

The blocks are completely fine in PvE, we need them to stay alive against some of these ridiculous mobs, the hammer frog champion was doing autoattack cleaves that take off 2/3 of your HP, the arrow frogs’ jump shots and poison AoE can 2 shot you.

Summoning the iAvenger faster changes nothing, illusions are dying upon spawn before I can even shatter them.

The PvE environment for mesmer is currently toxic and PvP people are only seeking to make it more miserable.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

The PvE environment for mesmer is currently toxic and PvP people are only seeking to make it more miserable.

It’s misguided to blame PvP’rs with “PvE concerns”.

Anet needs to find a solution. Fortunately for you they’ve stated they’re looking into the pet/minion aoe issue.

PvP is a legitimate game mode and all concerns regarding it need to be freely discussed, and all problems properly resolved. Stop attacking people, and focus on providing constructive feedback for your specefic gamemode and its concerns.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Currently playing Condi Chrono Shatter Bunker (jeez that’s a mouthful). Really tough, outputs decent condition pressure, with a smattering of team support.

From a Bunker standpoint it’s not as supporty as Guardian, but is much more capable of holding its own when alone and of course is more mobile. You can customise a lot of the build to your taste and still retain its core functionality too: if you want more offensive pressure or mobility you can have it. The format I’m playing is probably one of the tankier variants.

Overall I really like the template of Condi Shatter with Shield. There’s so many variations that are all viable.

Just a side note – nice to see you taking Sword instead of Scepter.

It’s a fun build for sure.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Just a side note – nice to see you taking Sword instead of Scepter.

It’s a fun build for sure.

Yeah, Sword adds a lot of tankiness (and it’s funny how desperately some people try to stay out of range despite you doing very little damage) at the cost of condition burst. Really nice to finally be able to play a proper Mesmer bunker.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

Has anyone else been in WvW as chrono and had your Decoy put Blink on CD? Its been doing it to me today for some reason. But I also can’t use pets on Druid in WvW >.<

However, on the whole I love chrono. I feel like the condi chrono excels in 1v1’s more so that vanilla condi to the extent there will be some QQ about it.
I transferred my normal zerker build to chrono and the loss of DE is noticeable by the ramp up time it takes to get three clones out, but once I get them out its easy to maintain. So overall I like it.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aerveor.9617

Aerveor.9617

PvP Perspective: Chrono has a lot of great things going for it, I’d just like to see a few things toned down before the really fun stuff gets nerfed to balanced out the things that are unnecessarily strong.

1. Gravity Well. The incteraction with Power Lock feels really good, I think it just does too much base damage on its own.

2. Shield 4 Block Skill: This is too strong right now. The old version felt bad because shield couldn’t compete with Torch as a defensive offhand weapon. The single block mechanic felt clunky and weak. The continuous block feels much better and is more useful. However, the Deja Vu mechanic gives you 6 seconds of block. This coupled with the Blurr Well and Sword 2, plus all of the other mesmer defensive mechanics reminds me of pre-nerf Sword/Dagger Thief levels of evade spam. It’s not fun to play against and isn’t very engaging for the Mesmer player either, because so much of the depth to chronomancer is lost if the optimal way to play in many cases is just to chain invulnerability skills back to back.

My suggestion would be to keep the continuous block functionality, keep the deja vu mechanic, but shorten the duration of each block to 1.5 seconds. This makes the skill feel better because it’s not one random block that might get used up on a glancing auto attack, but it’s closer to the indented design goal of the skill: being a clutch block that resets and can be used within a short time to block something else clutch.

Guild Leader – The Phoenix Effect [RISE]

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

It’s misguided to blame PvP’rs with “PvE concerns”.

Anet needs to find a solution. Fortunately for you they’ve stated they’re looking into the pet/minion aoe issue.

PvP is a legitimate game mode and all concerns regarding it need to be freely discussed, and all problems properly resolved. Stop attacking people, and focus on providing constructive feedback for your specefic gamemode and its concerns.

If illusion survival were a PvE only concern, phantasm specs wouldn’t be wholly absent from most competitive mesmers.

Same concerns extend to WvW.

PvP is a legitimate game mode whose balancing should be CONTAINED to it.

Sadly it isn’t, and us PvE people need to deal with the fall out of your crap, such as PU, phantasm cooldown normalization, on clone death traits, Harmonious Mantras and mantra recharge. Same goes for rangers, where their crappy pets received even damage nerfs, spirits were “changed” into irrelevance because “AI builds involve no skill!”, shortbow was decimated. Necromancers and rangers have been getting crippled and moved out of PvE participation by the onslaught of your PvP centric balancing as well, since they refuse to split the formats.

I’m quite sure if the crap went the other way around we wouldn’t hear the end of it from you about the format with “idiot mobs” is hampering your PvP experience.

It gets tiring of seeing constant threads pop up in the mesmer forums from people playing other classes wanting nerfs for your underperforming PvE class because they lost a 1v1 or couldn’t kill one in hotjoin.

(edited by Moderator)

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

2. Shield 4 Block Skill: This is too strong right now. The old version felt bad because shield couldn’t compete with Torch as a defensive offhand weapon. The single block mechanic felt clunky and weak. The continuous block feels much better and is more useful. However, the Deja Vu mechanic gives you 6 seconds of block. This coupled with the Blurr Well and Sword 2, plus all of the other mesmer defensive mechanics reminds me of pre-nerf Sword/Dagger Thief levels of evade spam. It’s not fun to play against and isn’t very engaging for the Mesmer player either, because so much of the depth to chronomancer is lost if the optimal way to play in many cases is just to chain invulnerability skills back to back.

Echoes of Memory has a 2.25s block, 2.25+2.25 = 4.5, how the kitten are you getting 6??

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Bug
asdfghjkl;sdfghjklsdfghjk

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

The ice bow nerf is inconsequential in PvE compared to WvW. WvW burst matters because we’re balancing against 20k hp max people that flop dead in a few seconds of attention. Not bosses with millions of HP. Even against something like archdiviner you’re looking ata round 1 minute to burn down where it would have taken a few seconds to burn a player.

In PvE ele will still shine thanks to lava font and meteor shower still continuing to do unholy amounts of damage.

I’m surprised meteor shower hasn’t been nerfed yet considering it so badly eclipses every other class’s aoe spell and is completely over the top on large hitbox objects.

But eles are used to the glory that is their class in all game formats so being brought to the level of the peasants or being confronted with a reflection of that in the form of the tempest specialization (which sucks by ele standards, but is completely fine compared to the average) makes them feel wronged.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Okay, I need to update my feedback (which is all from PvE perspective) from earlier regarding about wells:

In general, they are good, but they all seem to have different casting times, which I assume it’s to balance certain things?

Well of Eternity is great, much better than previous version, but may I suggest instead of removing 1 condition, make it remove 2 to match with our other condition removal skills.

Well of Recall should have a 3/4 cast time instead of 1 second.

Well of Precognition is our stunbreaker and the only stunbreaker in the game that has a cast time. Shouldn’t it be instant cast to match with all other stunbreak skills? Also, with a lot of hard CCs, I’m thinking stability should be at least 1 second longer since it only gives one stack (especially if you’re not in the well for whatever reason); or make stability be given at end as AoE for a few seconds (but that might be too much). fine for the most part, although I wish its cooldown was 40 secs, but I understand that it’s to match with other stunbreakers with cast time. Plus, AoE blur is awesome.

Well of Calamity is a great beast. The conditions it gives make sense, so no suggestion here.

Well of Action is good as it is, slowing during pulse and then quickening at end. No complaints.

So really, Well of Precognition needs to be instant cast since it’s our stunbreaker and increase stability by at least 1 sec longer Well of Eternity removing 2 conditions per pulse and reduce the cast time of Well of Recall to 3/4 sec.

This is to add along with my previous feedback – which includes iAvenger phantasm reverting back to range attacker (and its BWE2 sound effect) + AoE on target hit, fully fix Tides of Time return, and make wells usable underwater like Necromancer wells/Time Warp.

Edit: Gravity Well - I’m actually surprised people didn’t complain about it cause of the 3 CCs, but maybe it’s due to people having multiple stability/stunbreakers equipped. I have nothing to complain about the elite well, honestly. However, I do think Time Warp should have a lower cooldown, like 120 seconds at least.

Edit2: Fix my mistake for not looking at all stunbreakers (I saw most of them) and hope a buff for Well of Eternity’s condition removal up to 2 per pulse.

(edited by Phloww.1048)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I haven’t been playing Chronomancer. After playing in the first BWE I had to stop.

It would be too heartbreaking to start playing this and see ANET crush it with nerfs or some crippling trait change. I just don’t want to deal with that.

So, I’ll take it up if I see that ANET allows it to be viable.

Mesmerising Girl