BWE3 Chronomancer Feedback Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Did Legendary Wyvern, might as well have sat there AFK camping autoattack since the illusions died before I could even visually see them due to all the fire in the ground and cleaves =/

The upscaling of the champ/legendary breakbars is now so steep as well that the wyvern’s breakbar before it goes up most of the time won’t even be close to 50-75% broken before it goes up in the air, greatly diminishing the value of our CC’s.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

iAvenger phantasm reverting back to range attacker (and its BWE2 sound effect) + AoE on target hit,

+10
Above all, add the sound effect attack, when iAvenger attacks, and add attack range (throwing his shield, and doing dps on AoE)

iAvenger was great on BWA2

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

This is to add along with my previous feedback – which includes iAvenger phantasm reverting back to range attacker (and its BWE2 sound effect) + AoE on target hit, fully fix Tides of Time return, and make wells usable underwater like Necromancer wells/Time Warp.

iAvenger was changed from ranged attacked to the current iteration in BW3 because it suffered the flaw of ranged attacker. Going back removes the current problem and accepts the previous. This isnt a solution. The solution lays in moving forward.

Ranged phantasms (iMage, iAvenger) with bouncing attacks and effects need new functionality.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

iAvenger will be fine once they fix illusion survivability against aoe/cleave spam in this game.

Robert Gee made the right call to make it melee and a reliable delivery phantasm (when it does its thing, the slow and alacrity are pretty reliable).

When people want it reverted because it’s dying easily, they just want a band aid solution.

I’m glad Gee changed it to melee, because more people are going to start complaining about it dying easily, which should force Anet’s hand to do something about illusions/ranger pets/ranger spirits/necro minions/spirit weapons/engineer turrets and gyros.

They might actually have to catch up to 2015 and apply the aoe avoidance/immunity other MMO’s have been doing since early WoW to keep pet/AI reliant classes functional and viable.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, ultimately ranged vs melee will make no difference in 90% of situations with aoe pressure. When the iAvenger survives to perform its attack, the effect is reliable and fantastic. The fact that it dies easily is an unrelated problem that needs to be addressed separately.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

iAvenger will be fine once they fix illusion survivability against aoe/cleave spam in this game.

Robert Gee made the right call to make it melee and a reliable delivery phantasm (when it does its thing, the slow and alacrity are pretty reliable).

When people want it reverted because it’s dying easily, they just want a band aid solution.

I’m glad Gee changed it to melee, because more people are going to start complaining about it dying easily, which should force Anet’s hand to do something about illusions/ranger pets/ranger spirits/necro minions/spirit weapons/engineer turrets and gyros.

They might actually have to catch up to 2015 and apply the aoe avoidance/immunity other MMO’s have been doing since early WoW to keep pet/AI reliant classes functional and viable.

True, if what Irenio says is gonna help improve their survivability, then I’m fine with it being in melee range.

Robert Gee, if illusions are getting more survivability against AoE/cleave soon, then disregard my feedback of iAvenger please.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I had fun! Isn’t that the point of a game?

I tried chrono in wvw and in a bit of pve. Here are the things I really liked:

- Movement speed is awesome.
- Gravity well is fun to use. Who knows if it’s truly best, but it’s fun
- Was nice to know I was helping allies (alacrity, condi removal and healing)
- F5 skill feels like it could take months to master, but was fun when I tried it

Hope everyone had a fun beta weekend

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

c. the phantasm is terrible. either give it an illusionary shield bash ability in addition to the alacrity/slow…

This^

My only real complaint about the chronomancer is that the iAvenger does not have similar survival behavior to what the iSwordsman has. The above suggestion would be perfect. Give it a shield bash animation…where it leaps in and does a shield bash as its attack…and then back out again…similar again to iSwordsman. This would solve the issue with it camping melee range and getting wrecked by cleave/aoe.

I guess a similar issue would be what is happening to standard clones….with all the cleave and aoe…they are getting owned almost instantly….especially on fights like the wyvern. Hopefully we can get some aoe immunity for pets/illusions/gyros like I saw mentioned on one of these forums.

in Mesmer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Continuum Split duration in the tooltip doesn’t change with the number of illusions currently summoned. How much does it change?

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Mesmer

Posted by: Triflux.8027

Triflux.8027

Gravity Well is INCREDIBLY strong. If you managed to land it on someone, you can pretty much kill them with your usual greatsword shatter combo. And the enemy won’t be able to do anything, except float in the sky.

The only downside I can think about is, it’s 1 sec cast makes it pretty hard to land on if the enemy knows the animation, or they can just CC you in time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

The wells alltogether are to strong for what they do. They have way too much damage for the additional effects they provide. Either reduce the damage by a lot or reduce the effects they give. The untraited mesmer wells are way better then traited necromancer wells, that feels horribly unbalanced.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

The wells alltogether are to strong for what they do. They have way too much damage for the additional effects they provide. Either reduce the damage by a lot or reduce the effects they give. The untraited mesmer wells are way better then traited necromancer wells, that feels horribly unbalanced.

I dont think mesmer wells are too powerful at all, but necro wells have needed a buff forever. getting protection from them isnt enough, I agree

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I just dislike having another melee shield phantasm. Why can’t our shield phantasm actually use his shield like – you know – a shield? Either that or throw it like captain America :P

But seriously. Let him channel a 3s block every 6 seconds (50% block uptime). When he channels the effect he pulses Alacrity to nearby allies and slow to nearby enemies… Or maybe enemies he blocks are slowed. The idea should be that he’s getting up in the enemy’s grill and disrupting them by being a literal blocker.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

iAvenger must attack on distance, not melee, ranged attack its faster starts, better then launches the projectile with damage AoE. A melee is a nerf, dies very quickly, and the beginning of attack is very slow (as far as, iAvenger what is running, and then strike on enemy), the enemy see it and dodges very fast (on pvp is useless).

iAvenger attacking on distance is more accurate. Ranged attack launching a projectile, then do AoE damage with the sound effect of attack (add the sound effect attack, on BWA3 not have this sound, and if the previous BWA2 yes had)

Melee is the most ridiculous, increase life the iAvenger health will not solve its survival, it going to be similar to iDefensor? Increase life as the iDefensor? No please. Put to distance to shoot a projectile, then hitting AoE, and the problem is solved.

I Do not understand how they support the melee iAvenger, i dont notice anything in combat, it goes unnoticed. It seems to be a phantasmal only to shatter, because what iAvenger takes to close with the enemy and then attack… is very slow runner

In the BWA 2 it was faster and more accurate attacking, nothing more invoke, attacking the enemy with the sound effect of attack, and it was what characterized him. The change was arose by bouncing projectile, because many of you did not like.

The Solution Put the iAvenger as was attacking BWA 2. Attacking on distance, and doing AoE damage when it hits, and do not forget to add sound effect when attacking

Are you agree?

(edited by Angel de Lyssa.4716)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Sometimes Well of Precognition goes on cooldown but doesn’t cast – I think if I accidently dodge too quickly in the 1/4 second cast time it cancels the cast and puts it on full cooldown.

I think this well should be changed to instant cast given it is also a stunbreak.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Well of eternity feels at great place. You basically pick well heal for more support and condie removal and pick ether feast for larger heal. The former is better in team fights and the latter better in dueling situation

Well of precognition is pretty strong in team fight. I also don’t feel my survivability hurts too much by replacing decoy with it.

Well of calamity does good damage on short cool down. Definitely worth taking and probably be the best in WvW

Well of recall feels a bit hard to use. It does provide a lot of alacrity at the end but most players don’t realize its function yet. The chill pulse feels kinda weak overall.

well of action is decent. But its long cast time makes it a bit hard to use as well.

Gravity well is pretty much the same as last time with a bit more eye-catching effect. It’s best to use in a prolonged fight where opponents used a lot of their cool downs. It has potential to wreck whoever is caught in. I feel it will really strong in a coordinated team. But it’s also high risk skill with long cast time and small radius. I really like the current iteration of this skill. It also gives mesmer the much-needed aoe damage in WvW.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

ChronoPhantasma:

Sadly, this trait NEEDS to be nerfed.

I would strongly suggest a cooldown.

Traditionally it has been a noteworthy feat to win 1v2 in sPvP. Currently it is far too easy to completely demolish players up to 1v3 as a Chronomancer.

It is fun, but this specialization is far more powerful than anything GW2 has seen before. It will have to be shaved down before release.

I believe a change to the ChronoPhantasma trait would go a long way to achieving this end.

Amazing work on this spec otherwise Karl & team. Really well put together, adds to the skill ceiling and is an utter joy to play

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

ChronoPhantasma:

Sadly, this trait NEEDS to be nerfed.

I would strongly suggest a cooldown.

Traditionally it has been a noteworthy feat to win 1v2 in sPvP. Currently it is far too easy to completely demolish players up to 1v3 as a Chronomancer.

It is fun, but this specialization is far more powerful than anything GW2 has seen before. It will have to be shaved down before release.

I believe a change to the ChronoPhantasma trait would go a long way to achieving this end.

Amazing work on this spec otherwise Karl & team. Really well put together, adds to the skill ceiling and is an utter joy to play

Not sure about that. Don’t feel like this trait is worth taking. But PvE mesmers desperately need something like that to be even relevant.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Has anyone tested if Alacrity affects initiative gain from the thief? This nees to be the case for the sake of PVE balance.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Has anyone tested if Alacrity affects initiative gain from the thief? This nees to be the case for the sake of PVE balance.

If chill doesn’t affect them, alacrity shouldn’t either. They should either get both or get neither.

Edit: If you’re winning 1v3, it’s not because of chronophantasma, it’s because you’re fighting bads.

(edited by Fay.2357)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m fine with both. I can just cleanse chill.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Feed back,
The change occured on Shield “4”, as i thought is not the best thing for Mesmer.
It slowed down the Mesmer Rotation, you could do a great quick pace before.

The phantasm is ever more unreliable.
Ok they got longer block, but it just doesn’t suit the class. I required some skill to use the previous version. It just feels bad now.

Mr Gee, you just listen too much to certain person.
I really don’t understand why you really needed to change a great phantasm and a great skill.

edit Block continue even remove the base concept and sens of déjà vu….

I mean with déjà you could already do 2 block. Continuous block were never needed.

The block was weak, but was a trademark of mesmer.

I prefer déjà vu than a continuous block

PvP

• Single Block = Liability
  • Multi Block = Viability

PvE

• Single Block = Mobs are idiots, irrelevant question
  • Multi Block = Mobs are idiots, irrelevant question

It was perfectly Viable and Reliable.
Now let’s tell the truth;
The phantasm is now pure garbage, it won’t even cast his skill if the enemy is moving. The Phantasm skill is still blockable, so nothing changed as well.

Mesmer Channeled block just doesn’t suit. The skill is now more focused on block than summoning phantasm. The phantasm won’t even summon if the enemy hide.

As stated before Déjà-vu was a compensation for the lack of block duration.
Srsly the previous was well thought.
You blocked an attack and you could almost instantly slow down the enemy’s Pace.

Now You block and you have to wait 4 sec for a running chicken phantasm.
what is wrong with you? to like it…..

Everybody has his point of view.
I don’t like it and i hope that he will considerably review it.

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Feed back,
The change occured on Shield “4”, as i thought is not the best thing for Mesmer.
It slowed down the Mesmer Rotation, you could do a great quick pace before.

The phantasm is ever more unreliable.
Ok they got longer block, but it just doesn’t suit the class. I required some skill to use the previous version. It just feels bad now.

Mr Gee, you just listen too much to certain person.
I really don’t understand why you really needed to change a great phantasm and a great skill.

edit Block continue even remove the base concept and sens of déjà vu….

I mean with déjà you could already do 2 block. Continuous block were never needed.

The block was weak, but was a trademark of mesmer.

I prefer déjà vu than a continuous block

PvP

• Single Block = Liability
  • Multi Block = Viability

PvE

• Single Block = Mobs are idiots, irrelevant question
  • Multi Block = Mobs are idiots, irrelevant question

It was perfectly Viable and Reliable.
Now let’s tell the truth;
The phantasm is now pure garbage, it won’t even cast his skill if the enemy is moving. The Phantasm skill is still blockable, so nothing changed as well.

Mesmer Channeled block just doesn’t suit. The skill is now more focused on block than summoning phantasm. The phantasm won’t even summon if the enemy hide.

As stated before Déjà-vu was a compensation for the lack of block duration.
Srsly the previous was well thought.
You blocked an attack and you could almost instantly slow down the enemy’s Pace.

Now You block and you have to wait 4 sec for a running chicken phantasm.
what is wrong with you? to like it…..

Everybody has his point of view.
I don’t like it and i hope that he will considerably review it.

Err, both have their shortcomings.

My suggestion: Make something better.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

F5 is not reversing time, sometimes leaving the rift up and sometimes ending but without the reverse of time.

Just had 2 games in PvP in a row where it failed – not sure what specificly is causing it – both were 1v1s and there were no extra factors I missed. The reverse time just failed to trigger.

(edited by Coulter.2315)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

F5 is not reversing time, sometimes leaving the rift up and sometimes ending but without the reverse of time.

Just had 2 games in PvP in a row where it failed – not sure what specificly is causing it – both were 1v1s and there were no extra factors I missed. The reverse time just failed to trigger.

I was in lobby, fighting beast. My f5 went down and I dont think it reversed (not sure). Either way it stayed on the ground. I went off and got into another fight with NPC’s. When the CD was up, it activated, or I activated it again, and it reversed back to my previous one still over by the beast.

Couldn’t replicate.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

This is to add along with my previous feedback – which includes iAvenger phantasm reverting back to range attacker (and its BWE2 sound effect) + AoE on target hit, fully fix Tides of Time return, and make wells usable underwater like Necromancer wells/Time Warp.

iAvenger was changed from ranged attacked to the current iteration in BW3 because it suffered the flaw of ranged attacker. Going back removes the current problem and accepts the previous. This isnt a solution. The solution lays in moving forward.

Ranged phantasms (iMage, iAvenger) with bouncing attacks and effects need new functionality.

You skipped his post after “reverting back to range attacker”, didn’t you? AoE on target hit doesn’t automaticly mean bounce. I’m preeeetty sure he meant an aoe like a lava font or something.

Imagine iAvenger, iMage and iDisenchanter have the ability to cast a none projectile aoe field! Lets ignore iMage and iDisenchanter for the sake of the BWE3 and chronomancer – so the iAvenger would do some sort of animation at about 600-900 range and then spawn a butterfly pooping aoe field with 240ø at the targets location. WHAT is wrong with this idea?

Back to topic, here’s my feedback:
Overall the Chronomancer is in a very good spot now, I’m impressed how much ANet did according to the forum feedbacks! Only few thing I’d like to see changed. The things I do not mention are in my opinion, great skills and solid picks and don’t need any changes.

Well of Precognition
It’s a huge downer that this well no longer grants the “unblockable” buff. With a 45 sec CD, and no significant “well ends”-effect, this skill has lost a bit of it’s glory. The problem with the endurance regain is that you don’t have to dodge for the last 3 seconds anyway. So you might get nothing from the final pulse.

Well of Recall
Still seems a bit weak. For PvE the damage is too low and for PvP the chill is nice, but mesmer are doomed to pick survival skills over skills like these. Maybe a bit more damage and less cd, idk :/ It’s just a bit … “meh”.

Well of Action
I think this well would be good enough even without the damage. Shift the damage to the Well of Recall and / or Well of Calamity. There is nothing wrong with a pure support skill imo.

Gravity Well
For PvE, nothing’s gonna replace time warp anyway. But I see potential for PvP. But for that to happen, it needs something more. I wouldn’t dare to buff the CC any further, neither the damage. But I’d increase the radius to 360, since it’s the elite well and should create a danger zone, not just a “danger spot”.

Echo of Memory / Deja Vu
The block and it’s duration are both fine imo. Ppl just have to get used to that the mesmer has a block (again).
However the phantasm is weak. It’s nice that the phantasm now grants aoe alacrity and single target slow, but pared with the fact that he’s now melee and attacks once every ~8 second with a very VERY low damage output makes this phantasm extremly underwhelming. I understand that you can summon 2 of them right away, but the illusion limit is still just 3…
How about NOT let you summon a 2nd phantasm and just reenable the block again? With that change you can buff the phantasm to cast his skill at a 600-900 range (WITHOUT a projectile), while also lower the attack cooldown from those ~8 to 4 seconds.

ANet we ALL here just want to have some sort of range attacking phantasm with an aoe skill. IAvenger, IDisenchanter and IMage all suffer greatly from the (original) bounce mechanic and the desire to be ranged and aoe. There is no better time than now to change those phantasms together. Please make up your mind.

Tides of Time
This skill should bounce back from walls to grant us the cooldown reduction right? Problem / truth is: It doesn’t work. It works like 20% of the time, only on specific walls. Also when the tides of time gets casted in direction of a cliff, it has no chance to return to us.
Instead of trying to fix such complicated mechanics, just give as a manually seconds activation to let the tides of time return to us. This way you fixed walls and cliffs, by giving us a bit more to do, to say – more to play with. There is more depth in this skill with a manually second activation. Please consider this option.

Also consider to add this option or at least the option of a wall-backbounce for other profession skills, like engineer shield 5#, ranger axe 4#, warrior gs 4#, they all also suffer from this mechanic.

As for all the skills, that’s it for now Thank you for reading forums to improve this profession!

greez,
- Xyonon

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Look it like this:
The main issues were
-block weak
-Phantasm unreliable.

what the solution did:
Block strong. solved
-Phantasm even more unreliable. worse

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Look it like this:
The main issues were
-block weak
-Phantasm unreliable.

what the solution did:
Block strong. solved
-Phantasm even more unreliable. worse

Could make the Phant cast from range or give it the iSwordsman leap animation for its attack (leaving the actual attack with the AoE slow/alacrity unchanged).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The block is fine, while I really miss the speed in which it could get out phantasms to make it a reliable alternative to DE, especially with the right traits, I really like the added defense option.

To make it perfect, let us cancel early to summon the Phantasm, either straight away or we have to block one attack first.

Phantasm is fine, attacking like Iswordsman would be a lot better and i wouldn’t mind if they gave it a fast firing projectile with an aoe effect on hit but as others have said its the Illusion vs AoE problems that needs to be solved.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Shield
Finally feels like something worth taking in WvW. Tides of Time went from “will fail 50% of the time” to “will fail 10% of the time” and that’s… decent, considering it’s a mesmer skill (sigh).

after more testing I would review that to “fails 30% of the time”… some specific problems:

• using the skill from a cliff/wall, the skill travels at an angle to the target, then the return skills travels parallel to the terrain, never going back to the chrono
  • if something “invulnerable” (eg. a buffed camp veteran, etc) is present on the return path, the wall sometimes disappears
  • if the return path has some obstacles, the wall will sometimes disappear

Side note: I had the feeling that Illusionary Inspiration worked… better. Not every time but… gonna test more today.

Disregard this. Still broken.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fnix.5608

Fnix.5608

I agree with all saying the iAvenger need it’s range back.
A lot of people play a ranged mesmer and want to place the alclarity buff where they want it. This pleases both melee and ranged.

So make it ranged, no bouncing, with an AoE attack (purple explotion with butterflies, please) on hit. It pulses alacrity around himself, just like before.
This is not an advanced phanthasm, and it’s just the same as the trait Illusonary Inspiration, only that’s with regen.

I know you have tested this internally, Robert, but please let the players test it too.

Edit: and bring the sound back!

http://nox.no – Norse Oil eXpedition

(edited by Fnix.5608)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

My Feedback is just a “wow”. When i started playing the Chronomancer i literally was like “Holy kitten what is this?!” Damage, Speed, mobility feels actually doubled. Amazing Work, im impressed!

in Mesmer

Posted by: HypnoticEyes.2683

HypnoticEyes.2683

Shield 4 feels….strange. As a block it’s great, but iavenger is simply pointless as it is now. iavenger popping on top of your target means it’s instantly killed (unless you trait for inv on spawn, which gets it killed a second later and at least makes it hit once). Please revert it back to the ranged phantasm it was. The aoe slow sure is a lot better then the bouncing projectile, but it really needs range to be viable for at least pvp/wvw.

Wells: Gravity well is great again, I hope it’s not changed anymore. As far as the other wells go:
-The heal well is probably the poorest heal we got, since it’s hard to get the end heal and has a to long cooldown. It would be great if that cd was lowered back to 20 seconds to bring it closer to some of our other heals.

-General wells: Making all of them 1/4sec to cast would be nice so they are harder to dodge. The big thing they produce is already after 3 seconds so why not at least make it hit the first pulse instead of being to obvious what you’re doing. I can see why you want gravity well to be harder to land given it’s potency, but the others shouldn’t break any balance issues by being close to instant cast.

Bug: Shield 5 occasionally still fails to bounce after hitting a rock on the way, including in the raid instance vs barriers. Haven’t been able to persistently reproduce it, but it happens still on various locations.

in Mesmer

Phloww.1048

Sometimes Well of Precognition goes on cooldown but doesn’t cast – I think if I accidently dodge too quickly in the 1/4 second cast time it cancels the cast and puts it on full cooldown.

I think this well should be changed to instant cast given it is also a stunbreak.

Yes, I agree with you. As I’ve mentioned in my post, all other stunbreakers are instant cast, so why isn’t this one?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

iAvenger must attack on distance, not melee, ranged attack its faster starts, better then launches the projectile with damage AoE. A melee is a nerf, dies very quickly, and the beginning of attack is very slow (as far as, iAvenger what is running, and then strike on enemy), the enemy see it and dodges very fast (on pvp is useless).

iAvenger attacking on distance is more accurate. Ranged attack launching a projectile, then do AoE damage with the sound effect of attack (add the sound effect attack, on BWA3 not have this sound, and if the previous BWA2 yes had)

Melee is the most ridiculous, increase life the iAvenger health will not solve its survival, it going to be similar to iDefensor? Increase life as the iDefensor? No please. Put to distance to shoot a projectile, then hitting AoE, and the problem is solved.

I Do not understand how they support the melee iAvenger, i dont notice anything in combat, it goes unnoticed. It seems to be a phantasmal only to shatter, because what iAvenger takes to close with the enemy and then attack… is very slow runner

In the BWA 2 it was faster and more accurate attacking, nothing more invoke, attacking the enemy with the sound effect of attack, and it was what characterized him. The change was arose by bouncing projectile, because many of you did not like.

The Solution Put the iAvenger as was attacking BWA 2. Attacking on distance, and doing AoE damage when it hits, and do not forget to add sound effect when attacking

Are you agree?

gonna be honest, in 3 bwe ive yet to actually see the avenger. I shatter so fast and often. is it melee now?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nechoh.9312

Nechoh.9312

I am loving the chronomancer so far (mainly because it fixes a lot of issues the mesmer had in the first place). My problem still is phantasms, especially the iavenger. The main problem is the instant death of phantasms.

While fighting the red wyvern you cant get close to the it at all and all illusions just die. Mesmer’s should not be babysitting class (especially when you see your “babies” explode lol). I mainly play pve and in it the extreme shutdown of illusions in the new content makes me worried about how mesmers will be treated (like necro and ranger in fractals). Truly i don’t know how to fix this issues without people calling it op

The iavenger specifically is an annoying because it is so unreliable. My idea is split defensive phantasms from offensive phantasms. defensive phantasms should be not be linked to targets but linked to the caster. The idefender, ienchanter and the iavenger need to be linked to the caster and follow the player around. Kasmeer’s phantasms are not linked to targets but to her. So why can’t ours?

How to fix the phantasm lifespan issue? Again, no clue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Triflux.8027

Triflux.8027

Alright so .. What PvP builds are chronomancers supposed to run with?

I tried the PU playstyle, replacing torch and shield though and realised I was sacrificing a lot of stealth, and in return gained a lot of evades and block uptime. Only problem was, I wasn’t doing a lot of damage..

But one thing that still stands firm is that gravity well, if land on an enemy with no stunbreak, you can easily kill them in mere seconds.

Maybe I might continue PU, but swap MI for gravity well instead..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

I am loving the chronomancer so far (mainly because it fixes a lot of issues the mesmer had in the first place). My problem still is phantasms, especially the iavenger. The main problem is the instant death of phantasms.

While fighting the red wyvern you cant get close to the it at all and all illusions just die. Mesmer’s should not be babysitting class (especially when you see your “babies” explode lol). I mainly play pve and in it the extreme shutdown of illusions in the new content makes me worried about how mesmers will be treated (like necro and ranger in fractals). Truly i don’t know how to fix this issues without people calling it op

The iavenger specifically is an annoying because it is so unreliable. My idea is split defensive phantasms from offensive phantasms. defensive phantasms should be not be linked to targets but linked to the caster. The idefender, ienchanter and the iavenger need to be linked to the caster and follow the player around. Kasmeer’s phantasms are not linked to targets but to her. So why can’t ours?

How to fix the phantasm lifespan issue? Again, no clue.

This has really popped up for me too. In 1v1 or general PvE, the class is stellar. Love it. Wouldn’t change a thing.

As soon as I start fighting enemies with moderate-to-heavy AoE, the effectiveness of the profession plummets. Wyvern is a great example, WvW group fights are another. Even with the illusion health signet, DE, superspeed, and protection on shatter, I’m still having trouble getting more than 1 illusion to reach its target.

Chronomancer feels much better at this and super speed helps a ton, but it’s still silly that I get excited to see a single phantasm survive long enough to land a 2k damage mindwrack while the elementalist next to me simply taps his Lava Font for a greater impact.

Again- this problem doesn’t seem to exist in smaller fights. Most PvP, roaming, and elite pve mobs feel great.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nenuil.2843

Nenuil.2843

I agree with all saying the iAvenger need it’s range back.
A lot of people play a ranged mesmer and want to place the alclarity buff where they want it. This pleases both melee and ranged.

So make it ranged, no bouncing, with an AoE attack (purple explotion with butterflies, please) on hit. It pulses alacrity around himself, just like before.
This is not an advanced phanthasm, and it’s just the same as the trait Illusonary Inspiration, only that’s with regen.

I know you have tested this internally, Robert, but please let the players test it too.

Edit: and bring the sound back!

Have to agree with this^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Spurrlock.3219

Spurrlock.3219

Alright so .. What PvP builds are chronomancers supposed to run with?

I’m running this power shatter build and its faceroll godmode.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8encfClphlfCufCEgilZj68FyhfrMAqtkpeX/1hF-TJRBABxXGQjLCQS7PAwTAAA

It doesn’t look like much at a glance but the synergy is bonkers. I can’t comment on iAvenger because I can’t keep track of my clones. Illusion on dodge. iDefender on evade is actually REALLY strong because it can shatter twice. Illusion on shatter(of at least two). Heal and aoe blind on shatter which is just hilarious because there’s constant shatter fodder. Team support with wells and on heal trait and res. Seriously I feel bad playing this build. Its hilariously effective.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

So long as something is going to be done about Pets and Minions in PvE by time raids are introduced I’m fine with it. I’ve always thought Illusions should have a durability mechanic (X strikes to kill) rather than health bars anyhow. That way you can summon clones with the same health % as the Mesmer. i.e. 2 hits to kill a clone, 3 for a phantasm. Signet of Illusions adds an extra point of durability.

I feel that the drawbacks of the Avenger are made up for by the fact that the skill itself is also a very potent block AND you can use it twice (summoning two Phantasms). The sheer extra utility in the skill and extra phantasm production have to be taken into account when considering what the Phantasm does.

However, I would ask that the Illusionary Defender have his mechanics changed so it’s not so similar. Perhaps he could channel a block while taking damage for allies.

(edited by Dastion.3106)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

At the moment, Chronomancer is incredibly fun and engaging – and I haven’t allowed myself to play more than an hour or so of it, because it’s clear from the amount of whining and crying here and elsewhere that it will be nerfed into ashes before long.

Just another example of why PvE and PvP skill balance needs to be split, just another example of Anet stubbornly ignoring this lesson that they learned already from hard experience being stubborn about it in GW1.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

However, I would ask that the Illusionary Defender have his mechanics changed so it’s not so similar. Perhaps he could channel a block while taking damage for allies.

That would be interesting. Might as well make iDefender highly resistant to direct damage; it’s gonna die fast enough from absorbing damage for the Mesmer’s team anyway.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nasha Ithramyr.8372

Nasha Ithramyr.8372

My suggestion concerning Echo of Memory :
1) Get the previous phantasm back, it was better that the current one,
2) Keep the continue block but spawn a phantasm even if the skill in interrupted by the player and if at least one attack has been blocked. That way it will not break skill rotation.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Added Lockdown Anguish footage – Chrono Lockdown Roaming DPS build
https://youtu.be/QRROnU40Spk

Made a build thread
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-Lockdown-Anguish-Chrono-Vid/first#post5571419

in Mesmer

Phloww.1048

Hmm….I’m trying out other elite specs and notice their stunbreakers have very short cooldowns. Well of Precognition is 45 secs long and the stability only applies to the mesmer. Think the cooldown’s too long? Maybe shorten it down to at least 35 or 40 secs?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yid.3024

Yid.3024

I wish there was a bit more obvious UI element for remaining time on Continuum Split other than the flashing buff icon. Something like the radial boon timer around illusion counters or a little bar that only appears when you are in CS would be nice.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

I wish there was a bit more obvious UI element for remaining time on Continuum Split other than the flashing buff icon. Something like the radial boon timer around illusion counters or a little bar that only appears when you are in CS would be nice.

I second this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Hmm….I’m trying out other elite specs and notice their stunbreakers have very short cooldowns. Well of Precognition is 45 secs long and the stability only applies to the mesmer. Think the cooldown’s too long? Maybe shorten it down to at least 35 or 40 secs?

Yeah, but we also have multiple other stunbreak options on shorter cooldowns, and Precog does a lot for us beyond just breaking stuns.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eremoo.2785

Eremoo.2785

Coming from WvW, i appreciate you listening to our feedback and improving wells across the board (well of recall applying chill per tick not on ending etc etc) but I still feel well of eternity should have the final healing distributed along with the ticks, like the condi cleanse. So instead of doing one final burst of healing to allies, heal with each pulse. There’s already way better options if you wanna support-heal (revenant and druid) so I don’t see this breaking our class, just a quality of life change.

Furthermore I still feel some of the chronomancer traits do not work too well for WvW. Specifically the grand master tree, for example the slow after 5 critical hits could be applied in a radius around my target instead of just 1 target limitation.

(edited by Eremoo.2785)