Balance Patch Discussion on Twitch

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Live as of posting: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

Haven’t heard any Mesmer-specific changes. Dunno if they covered us before I tuned back into the stream, but I would have expected somebody else to post a thread before me if they had.

I’ll update this with the Dulfy summary when there is one.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Of non-Mesmer note, “Feel My Wrath!” is getting its CD increased to kitten .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Chaotic Dampening, 2 sec —> 2,5 sec instead

in Mesmer

Amadeus.5687

and PU 100% —> 50%

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

50% PU and portal timer

in Mesmer

Amadeus.5687

10% dmg buff to AA on sword

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Sword Damage increase not bad. Hope blurred frenzy is getting it too.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Do they mean the focus now stacks swiftness?

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Chaotic Dampening – 2.5% CDR per tick
Portal – Timer showing how long you have to drop Exeunt
PU – 50% Stealth duration instead of 100%
Sword – 10% damage buff on AA chain
(cut some other sword stuff due to time?)
Focus – Temporal Curtain gives 12s Swiftness

Seems pretty nice. Nothing major, except hopefully the FotM PU players will kitten off and stop giving us a bad name. +50% Stealth duration is still plenty for good players to work with.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Small changes but sound all good.
PU 50% is still not bad and worth taking.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I don’t understand what they were saying about Focus.

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Not quite. I think they mean that it’ll always set your Swiftness to exactly 12s?

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

I don’t understand what they were saying about Focus.

Yeah, they’re much too rushed. They needed more time for this. Hopefully, we’ll get a written changelog somewhere before the balance patch actually hits.

in Mesmer

Amadeus.5687

Not quite. I think they mean that it’ll always set your Swiftness to exactly 12s?

Also what I understood, bust that seems odd! They where really not very clear about it tho

in Mesmer

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

I think what they’ve done is made it so that even if mesmers have swiftness before running into the curtain, they always get the additional 12 seconds of swiftness (ergo, if you have 4s of swiftness and run into the curtain you have 16 instead of 4)

OT: Love the damage buff to sword in general- it REALLY needed it.

Still don’t understand why people think PU is “OP” (excluding bugs). The duration nerf won’t stop it from being popular.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I think what they meant with Temporal Curtain is, when you use the skill, it just straight up gives you Swiftness immediately. This means it should also stack with any existing Swiftness you already had on you.

What’s REALLY interesting is whether you can still cross the curtain yourself after that to get extra Swiftness. Probably not, but.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Oh these are pretty good quality of life changes…nothing really got gutted this time. Nice damage boost on a weapon we all use and will be interested to see how the Curtain works if it stacks 12sec onto the timer or if it just refreshes it to 12. Never used PU much so meh…

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Did they say when these were coming? I missed the begining.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Did they say when these were coming? I missed the begining.

next Tuesday.

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Should be patch notes available on Tuesday. I guess the patch is hitting then as well?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

PU nerf… ayyy

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Should be patch notes available on Tuesday. I guess the patch is hitting then as well?

Yes the patch will hit Tuesday along with the full detailed list of changes.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

PU build was fun but barely use it. Besides, with the new Chronomancer traits line witch i luv, no room for PU.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Robert Gee

Robert Gee

Game Designer

It means that Temporal Curtain will always apply it’s full swiftness duration (12s) the first time you pass through it. Previously if you had swiftness from another source it would not apply. There are a few other details but I’ll leave those until Tuesday.

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Thanks for the clarification!

in Mesmer

rabidsmiles.5926

Whoa…Red Dev post super fast O.o

Sounds like an excellent quality of life change for Curtain and won’t make using the Signet of Inspiration so irritating to have equipped while running around.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

That is amazing! This was extremely clumsy to use. For example, I recently played some PvP with signet of inspiration and focus and it was hard to sync the swiftness at the beginning of the match to help my team AND myself (the signet procs right at the beginning of the match after the 10s countdown so I could not benefit from the curtain I put on the ground for my allies…)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

It means that Temporal Curtain will always apply it’s full swiftness duration (12s) the first time you pass through it. Previously if you had swiftness from another source it would not apply. There are a few other details but I’ll leave those until Tuesday.

better late than never. very happy.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

That is amazing! This was extremely clumsy to use. For example, I recently played some PvP with signet of inspiration and focus and it was hard to sync the swiftness at the beginning of the match to help my team AND myself (the signet procs right at the beginning of the match after the 10s countdown so I could not benefit from the curtain I put on the ground for my allies…)

exactly…..it was very frustrating when that small SoI swift would pop before i got to my curtain.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Sad that it took three years to make this happen, but at least it finally is.

Now can Scepter please get a complete rework? Even with Malicious Sorcery it is atrociously slow and clunky. The AA should not be a projectile, it should just hit, like Necro’s Scepter AA, and it needs to be much faster. Personally, I’d prefer if the clone generation on the AA was dropped completely, and instead it inflicted significant torment and confusion instead. Skill 2 also needs to become something more useful.

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Feedback ground-targeted would also be nice. Fingers crossed.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Nice buffs and QoLs (especially Temporal Curtain). I wonder if that Chaotic Dampening buff will make the staff a little more useful. I don’t use PU builds anyways, so that nerf doesn’t affect me. Nothing for scepter. Oh well, probably gonna say goodbye to Meteorlogicus and polish my sword and probably go sword/shield + staff as Chronomancer. Maybe the new legendary sword (or shield) would be cooler in HoT.

And thank you, Robert Gee, for such fast posts (on mesmer/necromancer/warrior threads) and clarifications!

Edit: Eh, I was having high hopes the staff trait, but that’s cause I have the Gift of Zhaitan sitting in my bank for over 2 years and haven’t touched it since, same with Gift of Quip. Now I’m thinking maybe I should try collecting mats for legendary shield or greatsword.

(edited by Phloww.1048)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Sad that it took three years to make this happen, but at least it finally is. Now can Scepter please get a complete rework? Even with Malicious Sorcery it is atrociously slow and clunky. The AA should not be a projectile, it should just hit, like Necro’s Scepter AA.

The scepter need to press more to objective with conditions, so far is a clone shows, and in turn, it is very annoying to have to replace a phantasmal if we control 3 for one clon, it need modify the AA (auto attack) of the scepter, specialized conditions, such as mace AA revenant (x2 Torment and 1x Poison), then the same with the scepter of Mesmer (x2 Torment and 1x Confusion). Now the necro inflict x7 torment easily, and over, in that you add the condition fear, is op, when the mesmer have to wait for the enemy to attack to use the 2 skill e inflict x5 torment, that, even so, the enemy dodges very easy, and we were only on condition confusion and torment very limited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I will say, though, looking at the guardian and thief sword, even with a 10% buff our mainhand sword will still do less damage. A 20% buff would be more along the lines.

And that’s not even comparing it to revenant sword, which is the strongest sword autoattack in the game.

in Mesmer

rabidsmiles.5926

Nothing for scepter.

Just wanted to point out that the guys who were doing the stream kept wasting time…there should be more to the patch notes come Tuesday. We’ll see then I guess, super frustrating to be promised balance patch stuff and get story time from goofing off A-Net employees. We just want to know what’s going on…not hear jokes!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Just wanted to point out that the guys who were doing the stream kept wasting time…there should be more to the patch notes come Tuesday. We’ll see then I guess, super frustrating to be promised balance patch stuff and get story time from goofing off A-Net employees. We just want to know what’s going on…not hear jokes!

Ah, well, here’s hoping some scepter love or maybe Illusionary Mage phantasm buff. I just hope I can have 1 weapon set that’s might and one weapon set that’s magic (if that makes sense). But then again, all of mesmer’s weapons are magically oriented in some way.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Nothing for scepter.

That 1 guy in particular.. Maaaan… Such A waste of time, now if the list turns out to be something Overnerfed or buffed, then how long would it take to fix it?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Ah, well, here’s hoping some scepter love or maybe Illusionary Mage phantasm buff. I just hope I can have 1 weapon set that’s might and one weapon set that’s magic (if that makes sense). But then again, all of mesmer’s weapons are magically oriented in some way.

I still have a lot of hope that there is some balance to the mesmer scepter, especially more pressure conditions, more torment and confusion

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

This is one of the reasons I hate livestreams for delivering information.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

Eh, PU nerf but I didn’t use it all the time so I’m not bothered I guess, These other updates seem nice. But I’m going to wait patiently for ppl to complain about the 50% (Hopefully it doesn’t happen, But some ppl are so fickle)

Attachments:

(edited by Khyber.1284)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Chaotic Dampening – 2.5% CDR per tick: Not sure.. Someone explain to me the advantage. Cuz i dont see it? In what circumstance would you use it?

Portal – Timer showing how long you have to drop Exeunt: That’s great, But…would be even better if they added the icon turning red as well when where out of range. But it’s a good start.

PU – 50% Stealth duration instead of 100%: Still viable, but not as much as before since it was giving you brieving room to get your cooldowns back up & reset for a new burst. You wont be able to do as well anymore.

Sword – 10% damage buff on AA chain: Unless my math is off, this would give about an extra 100-150 more damage for each attacks. Honestly, i would rather have it insta attack instead of the 10% damage buff. 1/4 sec it takes to hit is slow compared to other classes that hit’s like a ton of bricks with there auto.

Focus – Temporal Curtain gives 12s Swiftness: Sounds good, will see if ppl actually use it as much as other weapons sets.

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Will Duelist’s Discipline be fixed in this update?

!!!
Every time Robert posts in our forum, this immediately springs to mind:

https://youtu.be/oASYa-Wkroc

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Temporal curtain swiftness application fixed after almost 3 years!!!11oneone

And active portal cooldown!

And a tiny buff to Chaotic Dampening… still not enough: I would be fine with 2.5% if it worked even on chaos armor you get from other people’s blasts…

PU nerfed… as expected.

Sword AA buffed \o/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

Sounds good to me! I hope there are some improvements to offhands though so we can take more than torch and shield in pvp.

Also, I’ve updated the Cooldown Spreadsheet with the staff trait change, obviously a pretty minor effect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I would be fine with 2.5% if it worked even on chaos armor you get from other people’s blasts…

It doesn’t?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Chaotic Dampening – 2.5% CDR per tick: Not sure.. Someone explain to me the advantage. Cuz i dont see it? In what circumstance would you use it?

If you can (lol) get consecutive Chaos Armor, it’s better. I really didn’t get the first change/nerf (to me). With the 100 % sure Chaos Armor from Staff 4, you get 12.5% reduction. It should have stood at 20% reduction.

Also, it’s clunky. Then, all leaps from mesmer should prioritize Ethereal Fields instead to give us the random Light Aura. It’s just a nerf to Staff and I wasn’t aware this weapon was so OP to deserve it ?

It’s nerfed because they gave us Protection on Chaos Armor.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I’d rather a solid 3% on Chaotic Dampening to be honest, but baby steps.

As for the rest, looks good.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Finally the long overdue focus fix. Thanks.
The sword buff won’t change anything, but whatever, baby steps.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

If they changed the cooldown effect on chaotic dampening to activate for ANY aura, then 2.5% would be fine. Its super unreliable to get its full effect (unless you’re playing solo) with all the fields that get thrown around, which doesn’t make sense… This is a MMO; the game is balanced around multiplayer activities.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Generally ok.

Is sword auto going from a 0.6 coefficient to 0.66 because while I’m grateful for the buff most other classes are sitting at 0.8 and final hit being up to 1.5 while out final hit is at 1.1 and with the buff would go to 1.21. It’s still very far behind other classes.

Temporal curtain I’m liking.

PU kinda saw it coming after so many whiners, guess I have to run traveler until chron comes out.

Any plans to increase the base stealth on veil? 2s is terrible and when it is at 4s with PU everyone is loving it. Buffing it to 3s base would be really nice during that patch and retain its use in WvW.